All Comments on 'Storms Never Last Ch. 01'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
DeckviewDeckviewover 14 years ago
Wonderful start to a great story

Thank you!!

bruce22bruce22over 14 years ago
Extremely Beautiful and well written

What happened to Aninha is depressing but very true to life.

Doing the right thing does not bring any guaranteed of life or even happiness.

The NavigatorThe Navigatorover 14 years ago
Wonderful

Jake, it looks like the beginning of another classic. Beautifully developed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Wonderful story

I don't know where this is going but there's obviously some heartache, maybe tragedy, ahead.

Beautifully written and very moving.

You have a rare talent.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Wow and wow

As a writer, published, I always appreciate a good story teller. And, you are one. The plot line holds one's interest. The character development makes me root for the people in the story. Little details like the picture of Annie not only give more closure to Terry but to me, the reader. It was only then that I could let go of the hope that there was a miracle, a duex eh machina, waiting for Annie to come back.

This is a story I can't wait to read more of. This is a story I can't wait for the ending that paradoxically I don't want to have. I want to keep reading forever. Thank you my man.

Lee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
excellent

Jake, I always enjoy your stories. I also appreciate your descriptions of places as I went to UT and now live in N. Ca. I have friends in the Dry Creek area who own a winery. Odd, but what makes your stories so good is that I can see your characters in my head as I read about them. You have a nice touch with your stories and that makes them always a joy to read.

DG HearDG Hearabout 14 years ago
Nice beginning

I saw that the next chapter was posted and had to go back and read this first chapter again. Great work as always, Jake. I know no writer that gives the detail like you do.

With respect

DG

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Shit you make some of these characters pay very heavily for their happiness

We all do -

But I see a major price commi down the pike here

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I grew up in Sonoma CA! I new the Sebastianis [as in the winery] hunted der on the Annadel Ranch, now a Park, etc.

Your description made me homesick. Homesick for that time in my life that in many ways Sirene. We moved there in 1957. I went to Sonoma Valley High School and, later, Santa Rosa JC.

It was a quiet and gentle time. The pace was slower and America wasn't destroying itself by the self destruction of the fabric of the Nation. Millenials believe they are the answer to the world wies. In fact, they are foundation of George Orwells "1984". A book likely 90%+ of them have never heard of let alone read.

Your story Tore at my heart to go home..but it's all gone now. It is true. There comes a time when you can't go home anymore.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous