Sugar & Spice

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The answer was, she would become 'Shauna Carlisi', Evelyn's niece from New Jersey. It would be alleged the teen temptress had grown up way too soon, made some bad choices; gotten involved with a local street gang and dropped out of school. The gang had fucked with her head, made her do things no good girl would dream of doing. The New Jersey authorities had intervened and sent her out of state, away from the gang's influence. Still, it would be a long road back for the girl. She couldn't be expected to lose all her bad attitude right away – if at all. Even in Aurora; there might be some setbacks along the way.... That way, at the end of the summer or if it all got too overwhelming, 'Shauna Carlisi' could disappear without a trace and 'Sean Brennan' could reappear for school. But maybe, just maybe, if it all worked out, it would be 'Sean' who would disappear – and 'Shauna' would be able to stay permanently. The more detail Evelyn revealed, the wider Shauna's eyes got.

Shauna was floating on air the entire weekend. The three of them were inseparable that long holiday weekend; two movies, a theme park, restaurants, reveling in the simple joys of being a family. Together, the three created memories that would last a lifetime - at least, for two of them. The two cherished every moment, knowing it would be a long time, if ever again, the three of them would be together.

They began Tuesday morning. A "day of beauty" at Evelyn's favorite salon resulted in a whole new 'look' for the all-too-willing teen. Narrow, artfully crafted, high-arched eyebrows and long, curly eyelash implants highlighted her made-up face and plush, ruby lips. Her copper-colored tresses were layered, then permed, yielding a shoulder-blade-length mane of full, fluffy curls. And she had nails; a full set of long, curving acrylics, polished crimson to match her lips. Each earlobe had been double-pierced and the piercings bore gold studs. An afternoon of shopping garnered a new wardrobe to compliment Shauna's provocative new image - and something else.

On cue, Sharon had suggested Shauna would look really hot with a tattoo. Evelyn had known of Sinful Skinful, the tattoo parlor on Taylor Street and offered to take them there. Sharon was enthusiastic; Shauna had tittered nervously. The siblings had heard whispered rumors about Taylor Street and its forbidden delights, but had never dared venture there. Evelyn parked her car in the city garage two blocks farther down Taylor. They walked the short distance back, passing a dance club, adult bookstore, and what was very obviously a huge 'gentlemen's club'. The two storefronts immediately adjacent to the tattoo parlor caused both sisters to stop dead in their tracks and gape in awe. The signs above their doors read "Fantasia" and "Altered Ego", respectively. The former's display windows featured mannequins in risqué lingerie and dresses, shod in high-heeled platform sandals. The latter's windows revealed an amazing assortment of erotic fetish garments, footwear, bondage gear and accessories. Evelyn promised she would return with them one day soon to peruse the shops' wondrous wares.

Once within the walls of the tattoo emporium, the enthusiastic Sharon had opted to have a blue dolphin scribed on her own left ankle. She chided Shauna that a tattoo was de rigueur for the younger girl's new 'look' and offered to help her select the right one. The elder sibling had perused the walls filled with sample art and had spotted the dragon. It was superbly detailed, but long; it would extend from Shauna's ankle almost to her knee. Evelyn had recalled there was a Union City street gang named "The Dragons" which used that mythological beast as their emblem. It had been their practice to mark their 'bitches' with a tattoo just like that one, that other gangs would know the girl to be Dragon 'property'. Evelyn had mused the intricate body art – and a juicy bit of gossiped 'explanation' in the right ear - might indeed be just the right touch to sell the authenticity of their 'Jersey Girl' to the people of Aurora. Shauna could not resist their subtle persuasion, nor the 'bad girl' image such a marking would give her.

While the two girls endured the bittersweet torment of the needle, the experienced and worldly-wise Evelyn enthralled them with details of the world of adult desires, pleasures and thrills to be found along Aurora's nine-block-long "Sin Strip". The expanse might not be Hollywood Boulevard, the attractive woman asserted, but it would certainly do for the area's consenting adults in search of a 'real good time'.

Taylor Street did not intersect Main Street's brightly-lit shopping Mecca as though, by some grand design, it had been meant to be hidden away from genteel society. It began at Third Avenue on the east and extended west to Front Street, ending at the adjacent railroad tracks. One block north of the corner of Taylor and Front was the Amtrak station.

The 300 block of Taylor Street featured a corner convenience store, a used bookstore, a pawnshop/electronics store, Sinful Skinful, Altered Ego and Fantasia. The latter two shops were actually one business enterprise connected by an archway in their common wall. Fantasia was a specialty store featuring lingerie and clubwear, which catered to exotic dancers or women who wanted more provocative clothing than they could find at the major retailers. Fantasia also carried high-heeled pumps, sandals, and boots by Two Lips and other specialty labels. The store had recently initiated a made-to-order lingerie and clothing service catering to dancers and others who had been surgically 'enhanced' beyond the range of mass-market sizing. Altered Ego was "The Dark Side of The Force"; a nod to fetish/Bondage and Domination clothing, footwear, restraints and "toys".

The north side of the 400 block featured Elysium, the biggest, most notorious 'gentlemen's club' in the state. The girls who danced at Elysium were stringently selected from among the most beautiful, sensual young women this side of Hollywood. In fact, more than one had used her success at Elysium as a springboard to a successful career on the West Coast. The girls who danced at Elysium made fabulous money in tips and "extras", such as table and lap dances as well as couch dances in the VIP rooms. Consequently, jobs at the club were a highly-prized commodity. Even jobs as waitresses or hostesses were difficult to obtain because the owner promoted from within when looking for new dancers. Adjacent to Elysium was Peepers, an adult book video, and novelty store. Across the street from Elysium was the club's valet parking lot.

On the north side of the 500 block, in a converted warehouse, was Empire, a trendy, two-story dance club frequented by attractive young singles from all over the county. The club featured upstairs and downstairs bars, a huge dance floor with risers for club dancers and others who just wanted to show off. Throughout the upper and lower levels were small, dimly-lit nooks holding a single table each. These hideaways were perfect for intimate tête-à-têtes between consenting adults, enhancing the club's reputation as a "meet market" (although some preferred an alternate spelling). Aside from the ambience, Empire's featured attraction was its gorgeous waitresses and club dancers. Girls who wanted to work at Elysium often opted to get a job at Empire, establish a 'presence' – and wait.

The entire south side of the 500 block was a multi-story city-owned public parking garage where patrons of all the local businesses could park their cars and walk the short distance to the shopping or entertainment venue of their choice. The construction of the garage in that location had caused a furor in Aurora. The conventional wisdom held that the garage should have been built along the Main Street Shopping Mall, where parking space was at a premium. Yes, it was stipulated, the three Taylor Street entertainment venues, plus the surrounding merchants, were a gold mine for Aurora in terms of tax revenues. Yes, the lot was always filled to capacity during the prime evening hours - but what about the prime shopping hours? Where were the shoppers supposed to park? In private, it was agreed a few key palms in City Hall and the City Council had been greased to ensure approval of the project.

It was said, Evelyn continued, Elysium, Peepers, and Empire were all owned by the same unnamed entrepreneur. One of the persistent rumors was that this tycoon was a front man for the Mob, that an East Coast "family" had expanded into the hinterlands to tap into the universal appetite for vice in places where local law enforcement was less sophisticated about – or hostile to – organized crime. That would explain the local businessman's seemingly inexhaustible cash flow, consequent clout with the city of Aurora, and ability to remain anonymous so long. The rest was sour grapes for the coupon clippers and a boon for people of deeper pockets – and desires. Of course, Evelyn cooed, if the patrons of either club wanted to do more than drink, dance, or watch, there were other options....

The rest of Taylor Street was Warehouse Row; a bustling center of shipping and commerce during the day, but largely deserted at night. At the corner of Taylor and Front Streets was the Railway Inn, an independently owned and operated motel. It had been built at the beginning of the 20th century as a rest stop for train crews and travelers. It still served in that capacity, although the volume of both had dropped precipitously as train travel had fallen out of favor with the general public. The Inn had gone through the predictable cycle of deterioration and neglect.

Then, it was alleged, it had been purchased by the same shadowy entrepreneur who owned the entertainment complex up the street. The new owner had invested considerable time and money in rebuilding the hostelry from the ground up. The twenty-four modernized units featured new furniture, indirect, dimmer-controlled lighting, plush carpeting, inner-lined curtains, pillow top mattresses, remote-controlled color televisions with VCR and interactive capability, free HBO and pay-per-view adult channels.

The Presidential and Imperial Suites each featured wet bar, stocked, pay-per-serve refrigerator, steam and sauna booths, whirlpool spa, DVD/5.1 channel home theater system with 42-inch plasma viewing screen and air-adjustable mattress. Thus refurbished, the Railway Inn was ready to perform its new mission; as an elegant, discreet, no-questions-asked getaway whose rooms were available by the hour, night, weekend or whatever.

The Railway Inn played host to countless couples desiring a romantic getaway. It also saw the occasional "nooner" or more leisurely "afternoon delight". The bulk of the motel's business came from single men – at least, 'single' for the occasion. That was not to say they remained companionless. If a guest desired a 'hostess' for his personal entertainment, he had a number of options.

A directory for the Elysium Entertainment Network appeared on a special closed-circuit channel on the television in each unit. The list was populated with dancers and waitresses from Elysium and Empire, as well as a number of independents. The system was computerized, encrypted, interactive and updated in real-time through computer consoles and a sophisticated voicemail system. If a girl wanted to work, she dialed the access number from her cell phone, logged in with her PIN code, then selected the menu option identifying her as "On Call". Her name and thumbnail portrait would automatically be posted to the directory.

A guest could use his interactive console to click on a girl's name or thumbnail to bring up a larger image, plus the girl's profile and 'specialties'. If he wanted to 'date' the girl, he would click on the Select button. His billing information would be taken automatically from his room registration, an authorization code would be displayed on the view screen and a text message would be sent to the girl's cell phone with details about her 'date'.

When the girl arrived, she logged into the voicemail system, selected the "Conference" option, then keyed in the authorization code given her by the date. The fee charged for her services was automatically posted to the room bill as "Catering Services" and her directory listing was updated to "In Conference". Any subsequent requests for her services were posted to her mailbox. When the 'date' was over, the girl logged into the system, checked her mail, then went "On Call" or to her next date. When she decided she had worked long enough for that evening, she selected "Off Duty" from the voicemail menu. Her listing was removed from the directory, her totals were automatically tabulated and the House's forty-percent split was deducted. The girl could then report directly to the Cashier's window in Elysium for a cold cash payoff before going home. Wear and tear to the room, if any, was added to the date's bill.

Girls with 'regulars', those who advertised outside of the EEN directory or those who did not work at Elysium or Empire could elect to work "In Call", renting the room themselves by the hour or night. They could work on a strictly cash basis, paying the room rent and pocketing the rest, or allow the motel office to handle the financial transactions for a fifteen percent "administrative fee". That way, the girl could avoid the often-awkward necessity of "getting the money upfront" and concentrate on the more pleasurable aspects of her profession. If the patron's fee was charged to a credit card, it was discreetly billed as a "motivational seminar". Deductions and payouts were handled in the usual manner.

An outsider who had not yet established herself with the Management had to front a damage deposit to cover wear and tear on the facilities. Unlike 'fly by night' operations, this money was returned if the room was undamaged. Outside girls could establish themselves by signing up with EEN at the motel office, work either "In Call" or "On Call" and avoid paying the deposit at the same time. The rationale was, once the girl signed up, the Management would be able to find her if needed.

There were safety features built into the system for the girls' protection. Each room in Railway Inn had a "panic button". If the date turned out to be a freak, the girl had only to hit the button to summon help fast, no questions asked. The rooms also had closed-circuit video surveillance in case a 'date' got out of control in a hurry. More than once, a girl had been saved from grievous injury when a very large, no-nonsense man had come out of nowhere and taken down an abusive paramour who had prevented the girl from summoning help.

Finally, if a man could not find the kink he desired within the Entertainment Directory, was not registered at the Railway Inn, or just preferred to do it the old-fashioned way, he was welcome to seek out his 'angel' among the many girls who habituated the shadowy sidewalks of Warehouse Row. The accommodations, services rendered and financial arrangements could thus be conducted on a strictly personal basis. Frequently, the Railway Inn (or "The Rail" to those who knew it well) was the destination of choice for these dates as well. Even the 'street girls' preferred to have the additional security of the "panic button" in those comfortable rooms.

It was a well-planned, well-executed enterprise and it worked. In most circumstances, everybody won; nobody got hurt. In the rare instances where someone did not play by the rules, the built-in safety mechanisms resolved the situation without creating a public scene. Police harassment was not an issue, even for the 'street girls'. Whatever public hue and cry might be raised about the "scandal along Warehouse Row", no girl had been sent to jail for a sex-related offense in Aurora since the clubs opened. Again it was rumored that money changed hands regularly to keep the enterprise running smoothly. So ubiquitous had the Railway Inn become with the local sex trade, the 'working girls' – and those who patronized them - referred to their nightly proclivities as "riding the Rail".

The two teens just stared at their stepmother, mouths agape. They were awed by Evelyn's detailed knowledge of the local sex trade. They had never asked their surrogate mother about her sex life, nor how she spent her frequent evenings away from home; now, they had their suspicions. When asked, Evelyn just shrugged her shoulders a little and smiled.

"Oh, you know; if you are around long enough, you hear stuff."

The three women left the tattoo parlor and walked towards the parking garage. Both newly-marked girls eyed Elysium, Peepers, and Empire with a newfound sense of wonder. One continued her gaze farther down the way, summoning images of bold, provocative prostitutes prowling the darkened, deserted street, flaunting their bodies, offering the promise of illicit pleasures of the flesh. It was all she could do to tear her eyes and thoughts away as they turned towards the garage entrance. Her attention – and the obvious motives behind it – did not go unnoticed.

That evening, Evelyn and Sharon sat down with the newly-transformed Shauna to watch one of Evelyn's guilty pleasures: The Sopranos on DVD. Almost immediately, Shauna was transfixed with the character of Adriana La Cerva, and how much she now resembled a red-headed version of that character. Noting the impressionable young girl's reaction, Sharon and Evelyn winked at each other. Afterward, they chatted animatedly about the show. "What did you think of Adriana?" Sharon inquired. "God, I think she's hot," replied the excited young girl. "I can't get over how much I look like her. Especially now." She fluffed her curly mane with her crimson-taloned fingertips for the umpteenth time, still disbelieving how good she looked and felt. Evelyn joined the conversation.

"I dunno. Adriana is a 'Jersey Girl'. She's tough, ambitious, street-smart, manipulative, flashy, provocative - only one step removed from being a slut. That doesn't sound like you, Shauna. I mean, yeah, it would be the perfect compliment to your 'cover story'. No one would suspect a thing. Still, I just don't think you could get into the mindset - not enough to be convincing. I should know; I've always been a 'Jersey Girl'."

Shauna's eyes sparkled at her stepmother's subtle challenge.

"That is very me. That is exactly the kind of woman I have always wanted to be. You just watch. I will get so good at it, even I will think I'm the 'real deal'."

The other two glanced at each other knowingly. Evelyn smiled at her youngest child.

"I'm not so sure. I think it's just a figment of your imagination."

Shauna froze instantly, as though someone had hit her "Off" switch. Evelyn glanced towards the doorway.

"Okay, Claudia. She is ready for you now."

The psychiatrist entered the room and sat next to the entranced girl, studying her face and testing her responsiveness. In a moment, she nodded approvingly.

"We can begin immediately. You know, it's been a long time since I made a 'house call'. This is the first time I ever made one by private jet. Before I get started, are you sure this is what we want to do? I mean, really sure? Yes, this is exactly what she needs to move on with her life, but... to this extreme...."

Evelyn was quietly reassuring.

"Yes, Claudia, Sharon and I have thought this through. We agree with you; this is exactly what she needs if she is to be a whole person again. I am only sorry we had to wait this long to help her. She is close enough to her eighteenth birthday that we can at least get started. As for 'this extreme', well, the farther we can distance her from her past, the more likely she will be to recover. You told us that."

"I still think so - and this will definitely fill the bill. It goes without saying, I could lose my license for this."

123456...9