All Comments on 'Summer in Maine Ch. 05'

by Member389

Sort by:
  • 63 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43almost 10 years ago

Loved the story. You have the gift of writing a story that just flows along naturally with no pretensions. If I would criticize it would be that the story seemed to be almost too good to be true, but sometimes life and love is exactly like that.

NottsgrrlNottsgrrlalmost 10 years ago
Really pleased you finished it

I read the first chapter of your story ages ago, attracted by the title as I have long held a fascination/love for all things Maine. I am really glad you decided to come back to it, and finish it. It was a very sweet story, full of warmth and affection as well as great sex. My only regret is that you didn't include more of the Maine landscape, as for me, that would have made this story just perfect. Still a 5* from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very Nice Story

Story flowed pretty well. Characters were well developed. Ending didn't seem rushed yet I was left wanting more . Looking for more from you.

Anonymous Andy

Member389Member389almost 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

To Nottsgrrl, thank you. I remembered your comment but checked to be sure. I did have a lot more of Maine in the final chapter but cut it in the editing process so it didn't come off as a travelogue of sorts. I wanted to stick to the story on this one. Keep an eye out though. I have another story I'm working on set there. :)

To Sidney 43, thank you as well. I did want to throw an antagonist into the mix in the form of the ex-husband, or maybe the doctor (what possessed me to call him Phil I don't know!) Since the story was based, and I know it's cliche but true, on a dream I had about a real friend, I wanted to stick to the fantasy feel of the dream.

To Anonymous Andy, thank you too. I very nearly summed up the entire story, but then I remembered what I liked about some of my favorite stories, and universally among them was the fact that I had to put together the happily ever after myself. Having it spelled out to the last word is fine, but I like a little mystery. What happened in that year since he moved? What in heaven's name does a 23 year old guy know about raising a 15 year old step daughter? I specifically didn't bring up Chrissy's family so I didn't have yet another point of view, etc.

Thanks to the people that don't comment but do vote. It's that sort of encouragement that has me thinking about a sequel to 1BR Apt now.

tompo296tompo296almost 10 years ago
Well Done

Thank you for a nice 'makes you feel good story'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Really good happy story!

I very much enjoyed reading. Thank you for writing it.

VersewritersiVersewritersialmost 10 years ago
Fantastic story

I started reading the entire series last night and the only thing that stopped me from finishing it all then was passing out from being up so late. I loved the story start to finish. I liked how it showed how Pete connected well with Emily and not just to impress Chrissy. It was really genuine love and a genuine story. Thanks for the happy tears

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
JUST SIMPLY AN AWESOME LOVE STORY

This entire series is AMAZING! Your story couldn't have been more beautiful. Chrissy and Pete and Em are so realistic as were the emotional and physical feelings. This is as good or better than most 'Published' (paper or hardback) novels. Thank you for such reading enjoyment! Kim in Kansas

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story

Incredible story, well written, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Loved it!

Had to dry my eyes a few times. Thanks for sharing it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
pete &chrissy

I started reading the story back in march? when there was only 3 chapters. I loved it then and wished it had a conclusion. I just found it again by chance. It makes it even better knowing there is some truth to it. Thank you for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thank you Chrissy

I want to thank your "muse" 'Chrissy' for pressing you to continue this story. Warm and loving My wife, a nurse, and 15 years my senior, married and were together for 49 years. Your story brought back warm memories.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 9 years ago
That "real person" who inspired you . . .

must be a very special, very wonderful lady. I salute both of you. The story is a masterpiece!

RasmatRasmatalmost 9 years ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I now have a new benchmark writer to guide my fumbling attempts to become a writer.

Coincidentally, I am several agonizing months into a story with strangely very similar characters of nearly identical ages, light on the cursing and heavy on the love that many of us long for and some are fortunate enough to enjoy.

If it turns out to be even half as good as yours, I will be ecstatic.

Thank you for showing me how it SHOULD be done.

niestarniestaralmost 9 years ago
great work

This was a very lovely sequel.Thanks soo much for sharing this with us.5stars aren't enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Brilliant

Very well written. Wish you would post more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you,

Wish I was as lucky as Pete

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
On a second reading

just a note to say thank you. Well done.

Liked particularly the use of Em. I spent today being hugged by my grandkids and was reminded how grown up they can be even at an early age. Yet so full of just being kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
OH! WHAT A LOVELY STORY

What a beautiful, well-written story. Of the many really great romance stories in Literotica.com, 'Summer In Maine' is one of the two BEST.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
What a finish

You created this love story with such care! It was a pleasure to read looking forward to each chapter ending up with a perfect finish!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great work

A very good multi part story with the right amount of reality. Reads well as areal story with added eroticism

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I wish this story to continue please.

teedeedubteedeedubover 7 years ago
I did

immensely. Thank you for sharing.

CooperEssCooperEssover 7 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for this Great story.

To get to know These people.

It was heartwarming and a great pleasure

Robyn1859Robyn1859over 7 years ago
Re-readable

Any story that you can pick up and read again and again is worthwhile. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A real love story

Excellent story! Exciting love story and the good guys win. Keep up the good work.

buckshot46buckshot46almost 7 years ago
My Most Favorite

Over the last few years I've read MANY very good stories. I've read this one many more times than once. I'm always drawn back. SO GOOD! In my humble opinion - THE VERY BEST!!!!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticalmost 7 years ago
Wow!!!!!

Perfect?

Amazing?

Wonderful?

I really have no words to describe this story.

It's already part of my favorite stories.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Very nice

I am just a lurker. I don't usually comment. Loved it. But I screwd up trying to rate it. It should be 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Outstanding

I certainly hope you are pursuing à literary career. Your writing is professional.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Thank you.

That was perfect -- just wonderfully perfect!

JP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Fantastic Story — Thank you for sharing!

Fantastic Story!

Sam528Sam528over 5 years ago
Joyous Romance

I am so glad you shared this story. It's a great read. The erotic is blended smoothly with the story and character progression. I hope you are doing more similar stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Terrific!

You are one fine writer. Your characters are believable and make me want to root for them. It’s easy to buy into your stories.

You keep writing...I’ll keep reading!

MushyguyMushyguyalmost 5 years ago
Another fantastic story

I really wish you had time to write a whole lot more. I really like living in the stories you create even if it’s only for the short time it will takes to read them and the period of afterglow that follows. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of the BEST!

Summer in Maine all five chapters: if you can't get wrapped up in this story there is something wrong with you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
One of the Best 2

I agree with One of the Best!

Well done.

Ninjasr4realNinjasr4realalmost 4 years ago
Epilogue

The first stanza of your epilogue has to be the best use of imagery I have read in a while. I was there with Pete the whole time as the the following stanzas played out. By far one of my favorite romantic stories. Thank you for the share and looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very good and very sexy.

I enjoyed it all the way through. I am grateful that you didn't shatter the bliss at the end. Remembering the abruptness of Chrissy's departure, I was afraid that you might leave us with a calamity at the end. Great story, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very well done.

Loved the series.Well conceived and written. Just the "right touch" all the way through. Kudos!!!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

what a beautiful love story, despite all the sex-whoops-I mean love making! It really was good.

Bigguy731Bigguy731about 3 years ago

What a nice story with a good ending. I like stories that leave me with a good feeling and a calmness that all is right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful love story. Really enjoy this series, and others that you have written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was beautiful. If this was autobiographical you've made me very jealous! And I'm very happy for you

Dreamdog519Dreamdog519about 2 years ago

Beautiful story, very well written and original.

oldgraycatoldgraycatabout 2 years ago

OMG, what a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of the best ever! It could all be true.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I grew up in Maine and had my summer adventures and love. Mine didn't end as well as this but I'll never regret or forget them. They helped helped form the man I am today.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If you write more chapters, I’ll read every one!!!

DOC226DOC226over 1 year ago

I Loved your series "A Summer in Maine." Great characters, well paced story development, very sweet and well done ending. I am glad that you did not rush it, but then again, I was not waiting impatiently for the final chapter. All chapters were solid 5 stars.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33over 1 year ago

I understand the comment is long after the story was written but I jus read another of your stories and so I read the whole set before commenting. But what can one say about a Story so well written and told you are a very good Author. Thanks for writing.

Channel4Channel4about 1 year ago

These are wonderful characters, and a great story. Thank you for telling it. And thanks for the Star dust reference.

TimeTraveler46TimeTraveler467 months ago

One of my absolute favorites.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A beautiful story from Chapters 1 - 5 . Thank you .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Excellent !!!

Makes me smile and brings back so many wonderful memories from my younger years and gives me so much hope of all the good that we know lives in the hearts of us all-thanks for sharing from your heart ♥️

Gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling I so long for and cherish when it comes!!! Thank you for that ♥️♥️

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Great conclusion to your story!

5

XactoXacto5 months ago

Just a wonderful story! Thank you for not adding unnecessary conflict just to spice up the plot. 🙄 Thank you for sharing

SnowDude41SnowDude414 months ago

You have a talent. Thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Lovely tale,very well told,a thought provoking read.thankyou

kaotic2kaotic22 months ago

This was a very lovely story. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Lovely story, thoughtful, sensitive and a joy to read. Thank you for taking me on this journey with you.

Moxie86Moxie86about 1 month ago

Not usually a romance fan, but your stories have a way of pulling me in. This one especially. Beautiful and well written without being sappy. You are a talented storyteller and I'm thrilled to have found your works. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMember389@Member389
1675 Followers
One of the toughest things I've found is finding time to write, another is staying focused on what I'm writing. There's nothing quite like being in the middle of writing and realize you need to research something online, then coming back two hours and seven Youtube videos la...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.4k
776
The Promise 
4.9
2.3k
631
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.5k
921
The Rehab 
4.91
2.7k
1.1k
The Mountain 
4.89
1.5k
375
More Stories