All Comments on 'Sweet Spot Ch. 04'

by podga

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I keep reading this because I got attached to the people in it in chapter 1, but I have to skip the sex parts because after finding out their ages it's just too gross. My DAD is 47! I'm 21 so the ages are very unappealing, but well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I am enjoying this story so much.

podgapodgaalmost 12 years agoAuthor
To my anonymous 21-year old friend:

I generally don't respond to anonymous comments, let alone publicly, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity at a PSA. :)

First of all, thank you for liking the story.

On the subject of age: Andy is in his early 40s, so about the same age as Matt Damon, Josh Brolin or Hugh Jackman (Paul is about a decade younger). Now I only vaguely remember being 21, it was so long ago, but I'm pretty sure that at that age I would have had no trouble imagining any of the above naked, let alone even older guys like George Clooney or Tom Ford. In fact, I fear I would have even been drooling a little. Of course, one might argue that a businessman who eats junk food and only visits the gym sporadically probably isn't keeping himself in such good shape as the actors mentioned here, but it's fiction and I can assure you that Andy has very good genes.

So in the future, when reading erotica involving older dudes, please try thinking of some of the above actors, rather than your dad, as a means to increasing your enjoyment (or, at the very least, avoiding nausea).

Happy reading!

talismaniatalismaniaalmost 12 years ago

I'm totally loving this story because Andy and Paul feel very real and loving, and their lives have these delicious intersections and knots needing to be unraveled. I'm looking forward to Paul meeting the family. :)

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 12 years ago

I'm slightly weirded out by how real your characters are to me. I actually found myself thinking of ways for Paul to find new students! Like the commenter before me, I'm looking forward to the family visit. I think Paul could gain comfort from the easy affection of Andy's mom. Maybe he'll start thinking past the next few months?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
hahahaha

We all get older. So yes, when I was 21 40's seemed old. Now, now so much. :). Love the story! Hope that Andy and Paul can work it out. Paul needs to have enough independence to feel his self-worth.

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

It's torture having to wait for the next chapter. How can I worry so much about whether two guys in a story get it right and admit that they love each other ! But you make it so believable and understandable that they react this way, restrained yet hopeful. And then suddenly getting the truth out almost backwards (the casual scene), I want to cheer and wring their necks at the same time.

Anyway, it is a compliment to your skill that your readers engage themselves so much in your stories (not just this one but all of them), we'll all be devastated if this one does not have a happy ending.

npiccininpiccinialmost 12 years ago
DITTO...

…the comments made by talismania and geemeedee. While reading I was amazed at how REAL these characters are. I was ready to comment in great detail about how much I like these two, how true to life, how real they are. And how much I am looking forward to the family visit! Between the two comments they pretty much covered everything I would have said. I love this story, I truly do. And I LOVED your comment to Anon! I really think the age thing is why I love this story so much… it goes back to the realism, these guys aren’t perfect young muscle studs they’re real people living real lives. Can't wait for Chapter 5!

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182almost 12 years ago
loving this story so much

this chapter made me laugh out loud several times! the banter, the polite bj request, Paul getting to 83... their story is funny and hot and romantic and i have no idea how you manage to pull all that off at once :) your descriptions are fantastically vivid without being overwritten - i could really feel that sensation of resting on someone's sweaty skin on a hammock in the sun. can't wait for the next chapter!

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08almost 12 years ago
Love it

Yes, like the other commenters said, this feels so real. I found myself holding my breath, hoping Andy and Paul wouldn't misunderstand each other, especially over the finance problem. I think we've all been in situations where money has been tight and we weigh the benefits of the relaxation we'd get from a special treat vs. the cost of enjoying it. I know I'd feel weird admitting I couldn't pay for something and having to accept assistance from friends. And I know this is Mediterranean Europe and old prejudices die hard, but I have to wonder where the heads are of the parents pulling their kids out of Paul's classes. So what if he's gay. He's also a tennis instructor who used to be world-ranked.

CMfromSwedenCMfromSwedenalmost 12 years ago
roflmao

First of all - a 21-year old skipping sex scenes *snickers* - maybe you should check out the Non-Erotic Stories Hub ;) And thank you Podga - is was a very nice PSA I must say, you have once again proved that you can do magic with words.

The story only gets better and better - one of your best stories !!!! :-)

ChrissiChrissialmost 12 years ago
Can't wait for the next chapter...

I am so loving this story, again. Thank you so much for continuing it....

ikhneumonikhneumonalmost 12 years ago
"If I say something, do you promise not to laugh?"

I think I've fallen for your characters.

TimothyMTimothyMover 11 years ago
Men at Play

It wasn't just Andy but also your readers who were disappointed that Paul never got around to acting on his favorite kink about guys in suits. How can such a funny scene be so hot at the same time ? You almost had me go and check out the web site to see if it's real ;-)

I'm going to have to make a list of all the things you've hinted at in this relationship and send you a feed back mail begging to write an extra chapter featuring all of it ! Anyone else in favor of this idea ?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous