Taking the Reigns

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,532 Followers

Lou stepped in waving Bob over, "When were you thinking they would be ready for a run?"

Bob considered, "I was thinking of taking them down to Fairfield next month. It's usually a good field for a country track." Joe nodded and seemed to be deep in thought.

"If you let me know all the details, I will see that the paperwork is done and the fees are in place," Alyssa said with a small smile. Bob wasn't always so hard to get along with and she hoped they could work together as equals and if she had to start by being at the business end of the deal it was at least a start. "As the owner I think it has to come from me," she said quickly, as Bob looked like he was about to argue with her. "I haven't been to Fairfield in years. It could be a fun day."

Bob seemed like he was about to explode and was barely holding onto his temper. "You won't be coming," he growled, "I will take m..., the horses down myself."

Taking a deep breath Alyssa straightened her back and looked him in the eye, "Of course I will come. Why on earth wouldn't I be there at my horses first run? You're a great trainer, Uncle Bob, everyone knows that, but if we are ever going to make this place profitable again and keep it out of Kerrick's hands, you have to work with me, not against me, or you won't be working at all." She had spoken in a non-confrontational tone but the meaning of her words was not lost on Bob.

"Everything alright?" Tom asked from behind her and she wondered just how long he had been there.

"Oh sure your father and I were just talking about going down to Fairfield next month for Stokes' Day," Alyssa smiled up at Tom.

"Might be worth a looksee from me too," Joe said. "And if the place needs a lift, the little bit of publicity my column would give probably wouldn't go astray."

"Sounds like a plan," Tom said. He turned to Joe , "With Alyssa's business savvy and marketing experience and my Dad's training expertise, this place will be turning profit in no time I'm sure. They will make a formidable team."

Bob knew he had no head for business. He had lost his own farm in the recession because he had made some bad business decisions, the worst being selling out to Kerrick. He looked at Alyssa and tried not to see the girl he had watched grow up but rather the business woman she was trying to be and decided to try to let her take her rightful place as owner and manager of the stables.

Joe interrupted Bob's reflection on the girl , "We would like to use the horses this afternoon for some publicity shots. What time suits you, Bob?" he asked not giving him a choice over whether they could or not just about the time.

"Publicity shots?" Bob was confused, they hadn't won anything yet.

"We need to get the stable name back out there. We need more business to keep afloat until you train our next champion," Alyssa smiled.

"Yeah alright, any time after lunch. I could use an afternoon off I suppose," Bob said, giving in surprisingly easily, the ready capitulation startling Alyssa. "No treats though, gir..., Alyssa", he corrected himself for the second time that morning. "They're on a strict racing diet."

"Whatever you say, you're the trainer," she smiled at him and impulsively hugged the grizzly old man. "Thank you."

Bob disengaged himself from her embrace and wandered back to the rails, bellowing orders and Alyssa grinned at Tom and Lou. "That went well."

They left Joe at the track, where he was happy watching the horses as they trained and walked back up to the house. Harry was in the back yard with her friends, looking at the trees and rustic old fence that was in dire need of repair. Alyssa died a little believing they were judging the rundown look of her home.

Harry saw them approaching and called out, "Your house is perfect, just perfect!"

Tom groaned. "Did she tell you what she has planned? She always has a reason for everything she does."

"She did say something about a new idea or some such that I would be happier with," Alyssa twisted her lips in thought at the brief conversation they had had earlier that morning. "Better go see what she is up to then," Alyssa smiled at Tom. "It can't be as bad as streaking through a race day crowd."

"Be careful. If I know Harry it's something equally as shocking. Her piece is on Nude Day after all," Tom smirked teasing her as they walked up to where the group was standing.

"Great! Our Lady Godiva has returned," she smiled widely at Alyssa before scowling at Tom. "Took you long enough to find her." Tom shrugged as Harry turned back towards the house, "We better start now or we will never have you ready in time. Let's go team."

"Don't you think you should tell me what this grand plan of yours is?" Alyssa said as she was dragged into the house and up to her room.

"Well sweetie, seeing as you won't do the whole nudie ride thing for me at the races. We are going to do the next best thing, a photo shoot with Godiva's children and you as the beautiful Godiva!" Harry was grinning at her own cleverness as Alyssa's eyes widened and she started to shake her head. "Oh don't look like that. It will all be very demure it will only seem like you're naked. I have some great people here to help. You have to do it."

Alyssa looked at her dubiously, "Oh come on, help me out here. I have done all the work, you just have to stand there and look pretty. Think of the publicity you'll get and Joe will do a piece on the horses that I will refer to in my column. There will be a lot of interest I assure you. Its win-win," Harry said, pushing her into the bathroom handing her a bottle as she spoke, "Now wash your hair with this and let us work our magic."

It was hours later when Alyssa finally donned a robe and walked down to have a late lunch. She was absolutely ravenous after having such an early breakfast. Her head ached and felt heavy as the excessively long hair extensions added weight to her already long hair. She wasn't careful and cursed as her head was reefed back as she sat on the long strands of blonde hair. She had to admit it looked very natural as did the make up that covered the soft gel pads that cupped her breasts and held them up making them look unnaturally perky but totally nude. She wore a snug skin-toned G-string and as she sat at the table and ate her lunch she couldn't help but feel terribly exposed despite the robe covering her.

She was surprised at herself being naked in front of Harry's team of people. She hadn't felt as self-conscious as she would have thought. In truth the whole experience was very titillating even though none of them looked at her sexually, that she could see anyway. She tried to work out why now, with a robe on, she suddenly felt exposed and uncomfortable. Tom sat beside her as he spoke to Harry, "Did you manage to cover that bruise on her arm?"

"Don't tell me you were responsible for that," Harry scowled and looked first at him as he denied it then at Alyssa.

"Gosh no," Alyssa said wide eyed. Feeling uncomfortable by the turn in conversation Alyssa stood up, "Let's get this done before I get a migraine from all the hair I now have."

"Come on, Tom. We need you too," Harry laughed. "Did you know that the term Peeping Tom came from a merchant who did not follow the decree to close his shutters tight and not look at Godiva as she rode through the streets of Coventry?"

"You want me to be known for all eternity as Peeping Tom? No thank you!" Tom laughed loudly.

"Come on, no one will recognise you. I bet you peeped at her more than once as you were growing up out here in the back of beyond," Harry winked at him and the discomfort Alyssa had been feeling increased tenfold after the events of yesterday.

Alyssa clutched her robe tightly around her as they left the house. Joe and Lou had walked the horses up to the old fence and Gwen and the photographer had set up cameras and a couple of small lights in a small area near the old gnarled loquat tree.

Tom picked her up and helped her to sit in the oddly shaped old side saddle that Lou had found in the old stables. The well-used leather creaked under her as the hair and make-up artists surrounded her, poking and prodding her into the best possible position before taking her robe away. Her hair hung over her shoulders, lightly fanning over her semi-bare breasts and down across her thighs.

The sun was setting and she had changed positions, and horses, and been pushed and pulled and primped within an inch of her life by the time they finally called it a day. Alyssa was bone-weary as she struggled back into the robe. The adrenaline she had felt earlier at being exposed to the view of so many people had long since faded and she stumbled over a rock as she moved toward the house with Harry.

Tom was there in a flash and swooped her up into his arms, carrying her into the house. He held her close to his chest as he cradled her in his arms. Alyssa smiled up at him and breathed in his familiar scent, grateful for his warmth.

"Wait!" The man who did her hair called and ran over quickly braiding it and hooking it over her shoulder so it no longer dragged along the ground as Tom held her.

"Its okay," she said, "I am a big girl I can walk." She was suddenly aware of the people around her still watching her and the front of her robe which had fallen slightly open.

"I think I prefer it this way," Tom smiled and tilted his head looking at her breasts until she reached up and, blushing, drew the robe closed . "You just sat on a horse naked for all intents and purposes and you blush now?" Tom teased, surprised at her sudden shyness.

Marcie of course had cooked up a storm for dinner and she hurried out of the kitchen with a ladle still in hand as Tom carried Alyssa in. "Oh no, are you hurt?" The woman fussed.

"No," Tom said, "Just in need of some warm clothes and a warm meal. I think she overdid it today." Tom swept past Marcie and took the stairs two at a time. "We'll be down in a few minutes. Get everyone a drink would you, please?" He disappeared into Alyssa's room with her and shut the door leaning his back against it.

"You can put me down now," Alyssa said softly as he continued to hold her.

"I don't want to," Tom said plaintively.

She looked up at him frowning, "You'll have to put me down some time, I expect. Why not now?"

Tom sat on the bed but continued to hold her as she sat up in his lap, tightening his arms as she went to stand up. "Do you think I'm gay?" He asked her seriously.

Alyssa laughed, "No way. I have seen the string of beauties you have dated."

"Why then do you constantly parade around in front of me in next to nothing and expect me to ignore it? Do you think I don't notice?" There was a strange tone to his voice, as if caught between confusion and frustration.

"It was a publicity stunt, for Harry's column," Alyssa explained uncertainly, unable to work out what he was talking about.

"Not today. The walking around in towels when I am up here, stripping off to sunbathe on the bluff, being naked last weekend and snuggling up to me all night. Do you realise how hard it was to keep my hands to myself? Today was just the icing on the cake!" He bent his head and kissed her as she looked up at him in surprise. His hand stroked down her body over the light robe and he groaned. "Do you really not realise how long I have wanted to do that?"

Alyssa had no words, she stared at him wide eyed like a deer caught in headlights. Tom's face fell as she said nothing and he knew he had stepped over some invisible line and ruined everything. Seeing his expression change she reached up and stroked his cheek. "You have always dated such beautiful women I thought I wasn't your type at all, that you didn't look at me like... well that way."

He was about to tell her how truly beautiful she was but she leaned in to kiss him smothering the words. "Maybe," she said, breaking the kiss, "We could continue this when there isn't a room full of people downstairs waiting for us?"

"Let them wait," Tom grinned, "I have waited a long time to tell you how I felt, but the timing was never right and you had that stupid boyfriend." Before she could protest about his love-life, he kissed her again his hand slipping beneath the robe to fondle the breasts he had seen so often and never been able to touch.

There was a knock at the door startling them and Alyssa smiled widely at Tom, as she called out, "Yes?"

The door opened and Lana, the make up artist, walked in with a small bottle in her hand. "You are going to need help to get that adhesive off your skin," she nodded meaningfully to where Tom's hand lay beneath Alyssa's robe.

"Great, can you help me?" Alyssa slipped from Tom's lap and purposefully turned toward him as she let the robe fall from her shoulders, flaunting her nudity to purposefully tease him this time.

Tom groaned and lay back on the bed throwing an arm over his eyes, "You've go to be fucking kidding me!"

Alyssa smirked as she stood still, letting the woman remove the gel packs giving her back her natural form. "I'm going to have a quick shower and get dressed. Can you tell Marcie I'll be another ten minutes and not to make everyone wait for me? I'll be down as soon as I can get dressed."

"No don't shower without checking with Ash. He will only lecture you to death if anything happens to your hair. Just throw on a pair of jeans and come down. We don't mind waiting," Lana said.

"Okay," Alyssa said ducking into her closet, still able to hear Tom mumbling under his breath from in there. "Let's go eat," she said as she emerged. She waited for Tom to get up walked down the stairs with him trailing behind her.

The meal passed in a blur for Alyssa, who was going over the events of the last week in her mind, slowly making sense of Tom's strange moods and reactions to her. Now, having confessed his interest in her, he didn't seem to be able to stop touching her and she found his leg pressed against hers as they sat side by side at the over-crowded table. His voice seemed huskier as he leant to her ear to murmur some innuendo about what was being said at the table. She found herself more aware of his masculinity and what a good looking man he really was and the thought of being intimate with him excited her more than she would have thought possible before tonight.

They adjourned to the lounge room where everyone was comfortable and the photographer set up his computer and a small projector shining onto a large picture they had covered carefully with a crisp linen sheet. Alyssa barely recognised herself, many of the shots taken from angles so as to almost disguise her features, highlighting the hair and hidden areas of her body as she sat atop the beautiful horses.

Tom leaned low and murmured into her ear, "This is torture for me." Alyssa couldn't stop smiling as he continued to flirt and run his hand over her back and rib cage. The night seemed to drag out as the photographer argued the imperfections in every shot and Harry argued back about the wonders of air brushing. Each of the team put forth their favourites as the photos of Alyssa were being picked apart and then picked over again. She finally stood up and smiled, "You all did such a wonderful job that it hardly looks like me at all, so I am going to leave you all to argue over whether my butt looks too big or not and go for a walk."

They all gaped at her, "Aww Doll-face. I'm sorry," Harry looked contrite. "We're just not used to having the subject matter in the room with us when we do this."

"For what's its worth, I like..." Tom rattled off a series of numbers. "I'll take one of each in wallet size," he grinned as Alyssa looked at him stunned and everyone burst out laughing.

Marcie who had been included in the night's festivities was enjoying herself immensely. "Don't you go out walking on your own! You remember what happened last time. Tom go with her and don't go far," Marcie said in a mothering tone.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. She actually wanted just a little space out of Tom's arms to think properly about what this all meant. "Well why don't you come with me Marcie? I'm just going out to the tree for a few minutes. Then Tom can really tell them what he thinks and protect me from Harry's penchant for the shots that are way too revealing."

Tom looked disappointed when she turned to look at him, "Promise you will look after me and not let Harry get entirely her own way?"

"In case you didn't notice, Doll-face, all the ones he just ordered were the revealing ones!" Harry was smirking. "I can't win in this room, can I?" she appealed to everyone.

"Well I could use some fresh air," Gwen said cheerily. "I'll come with you. Then Marcie can restrain both Tom and Harry, she looks like she can handle them." She took Alyssa by the arm and blew a kiss to Harry, "Be back soon, love."

They walked down to the back fence and Alyssa leaned over the rail breathing in the sweet-smelling air after the staleness of being in such a crowded room. "Harry can be a bit overwhelming at times," Gwen admitted, "But it's why I love her I guess, she grabs life by both hands and everything she does is over the top. Her column is always a bit controversial even when her misogynistic boss gives her stupid ideas for it. I mean who has ever heard of National Nude Day really?"

Alyssa laughed, "Harry really is great. You guys were so wonderful coming to rescue me last weekend."

"Tom is the one you should thank. He was really worried about you," Gwen smiled. "Harry said she had never seen Tom in love before but she thought it might be the real deal with you." Alyssa looked at her with a dumbfounded expression. "Harry's Dad married Tom's mother and she has seen women fall all over him for years but he never got really serious with any of the women he dated."

"I didn't know that," Alyssa said. "He never mentioned he had a step family."

"Sounds fair. He never told us he had a sweetheart back on the farm," Gwen laughed.

"That's just it we were never..., I mean we were more like brother and sister. I was involved with Justin for years," Alyssa tried to explain.

"Oh yeah, completely slipped my mind. Funny that, from the time I met you I always thought of you as Tom's girl," Gwen laughed. "It's the way he looks at you. Anyone can see how he feels."

Alyssa smiled, "I couldn't or didn't. I guess I just never considered it. He always dated such beautiful women. Not mousey, country girls like me."

"Did you see those photos in there?" Gwen laughed. "You're about to jump onto the national stage as one of the countries most gorgeous and eligible women. I wouldn't be surprised if you get more publicity from this thing than you bargained for." She turned to lean against the rail and look back at the house. "Speak of the devil, he is checking on us from the kitchen. It's obvious he cares for you. The question is, is he just a big brother type to you?"

Alyssa turned to look at the house. She could see Tom in the kitchen opening another bottle of wine for the team and she smiled. "I'm not blind, he is hot. I just never thought, I mean, he dated models for goodness' sake."

"You have no idea do you? If I thought for one moment you would jump the fence to my side of the yard I would be kissing you right now. You are a model. We have the photos to prove it." Gwen was laughing as she spoke, wondering, as she looked at the girl beside her, just what her past boyfriends had done to make her think she was anything but gorgeous. Then she remembered Justin was a cheater and how that would batter a girl's ego. She took Alyssa's hand and squeezed it, "Anyone can be pretty with the right hair and make up and lighting, but you have a great big heart and that shines. That is what people are attracted to more than money or looks or celebrity status. It's why so many women throw themselves at Tom. He is a genuinely nice guy. He's alright looking if you are into men I suppose, but I love who is, so does Harry. That's why we came and got you last weekend, because Tom asked and there isn't much Harry, or me for that matter, wouldn't do for him."

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,532 Followers
1...345678