Taking the Reigns

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,532 Followers

"You're insatiable," she gasped as she felt him enter her again. He leaned in and kissed her taking away anything else she had to say from her mind and gently took her with slow and careful movements, making the moment last.

The week flew by in a haze of happiness for Alyssa. The men having understood the need to keep Kerrick at bay had ordered him off the property as soon as he was seen. The copy of Harry's column had shown up in her email on Wednesday and both Alyssa and Tom were impressed with the way she had handled it, not really focusing much on Alyssa herself as much as the historical figure and today's equine namesake. She hadn't sent the photo she was using, just the number of it. Alyssa couldn't remember which was which so she emailed back asking if the photographer could send her a copy.

It was only when she opened the weekend paper that Alyssa saw which photo had been used. The grainy black and white print made it seem even more revealing, if that was possible, and Alyssa made Tom and Marcie promise not to tell anyone. Having flirted so often with exhibitionism it was strange to know thousands of people were looking at her that very morning as she stared at the photo.

By the end of the day though, she had been dubbed the pin-up girl by everyone on the farm and her phone had rung off the hook with people interested in her story and wanting comments. "I thought you said it was just a small column in the paper," Alyssa despaired as Tom came into the study to find her for dinner. "This is out of control!"

"I have a surprise for you in the kitchen," Tom grinned as if he hadn't heard her.

Her eyes narrowed, "You can't sweet talk all this away with that sexy smile."

Alyssa didn't have to move. Harry burst into the room from behind Tom. "Isn't it fabulous? My column has been picked up by... well you're not interested in that. You're famous now! Everyone wants to know you." Harry gloated, "No need to thank me, it's me that should thank you." Alyssa just stared at her as she kept talking, "Now I am going to lend you Gwen for a few days to man the phones and sort out the real players from the perverts and idiots. Play your cards right and you can be rich, rich, rich!"

The following day Joe's column came out in a racing journal rather than a paper and that's when the media circus truly began. Harry and Gwen took over everything and Alyssa snuck out of the house while everyone was too busy to care. She considered going for a ride but knew Tom would kill her if she left by herself again, so she spent some time in the stall brushing her horse down and feeding her apples.

"It's a bit like a runaway train," Lou smiled from the gate of the stall. "Not planning on a ride to get away from it all, are ya?"

"I just needed some room to breathe," Alyssa said quietly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the horses. Bob must be pretty pissed at me, huh?"

"Are you kidding me? He's claiming he knew all along and he was the only one you trusted to train them," Lou said, cracking a rare smile. "Well you have the publicity young lady, now how do you turn it into the dollars we need to save this place?"

"By selling myself to the highest bidder I guess. We have had some offers for the photos. The photographer said he could have a gallery showing of his work from the day and see how much money that raises for us, minus his commission of course," she mused. "A couple of the morning shows and magazines would like to do a fluffy happy story piece after the filly's first race at Fairfield. I hope she runs as well as we all think she can." Alyssa turned her face up to Lou, "What on earth have I done? My life will never go back to normal. I will always be that naked girl with the horses."

"No one would blame you for just saying no," Lou said, "we can find another way to raise the money."

Alyssa knew the debt and the mortgage was too large to leave to chance or wait for the horses to win enough prize money, so she took a deep breath and put down the brush. "Thanks Lou, as they say today's news is tomorrow's fish-and-chip wrapper." She smiled lopsidedly. "I suppose we should see about some proper security for our future champions," she mumbled, "and me."

She walked back up to the house determined to ride the wave of publicity. She had friends, an odd assortment of people she thought of as family and she had Tom. She was loved and it didn't matter what the media said, they would love her for who she truly was and this wasn't so bad really if it meant saving their home and livelihoods. She saw the smile light up Tom's face as he saw her walking toward him and thought to herself again, just how lucky she truly was.

xelliebabex
xelliebabex
5,532 Followers
1...345678