That Summer

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MugsyB
MugsyB
2,735 Followers

With another anguished sigh, she pulled away, looking up into my face with a sad expression.

"I'll miss you, Erik," she said softly. "And not just for the reasons you think."

I smiled. "I know. I'll miss you too, Alice."

She smirked and pulled back. "It's Ms. Jenkins, young man."

I laughed at that and pulled her close, sliding my lips over hers one last time. When we pulled apart, both breathless and flushed, I touched her cheek tenderly.

"I'll never forget you, Ms. Jenkins," I confessed.

She blushed, a lovely pink color. "Yes, you will. You'll meet some gorgeous young co-ed, get married and have twelve babies, Erik."

I shrugged, not really thinking it was a possibility at all. "I don't know."

"Yes, you will. Promise me."

She looked so earnest that I found myself nodding. Apparently satisfied, she nodded and turned away, carrying one of my suitcases with her. I followed, carrying the other and we walked downstairs and through the house.

Outside my father greeted me with a wide grin and a hug. "You look great, son!" He exclaimed, taking in my broader frame and my sun-kissed skin and hair. "You're mother won't even recognize you."

I laughed and shook my head. Then I turned to Alice, donning the shy smile I called my 'public face.' She grinned.

"You take care, Erik," she told me.

"Thanks again, Ms. Jenkins," I replied and shook her hand, shivering when one fingertip slid across my wrist.

Then I climbed in the car beside my dad and turned away from the farm, looking towards home, college and a barrage of meaningless relationships.

***

I can almost see the car pass by as I sit here, reclining on the hood of my car. With a sigh, I sit up and circle my knees with my arms. In the distance the moon is sinking beyond the far horizon and it occurs to me that I've been out here far too long. I know I can't stay out here forever so I slide off the hood and back behind the wheel.

It's a longer drive back to my apartment and along the way, I see a storm brewing in the distance. A memory comes to me unexpectedly - or perhaps not so, since I've just been sitting in front of that farm for hours - and I have to pull over before the sensations overwhelm me. I get out of the car, walk a few paces away and breathe deeply.

I can almost hear the voice on the wind, feel the sweat in the sting of sudden raindrops and I swear I see emeralds in the bright flash of lightning. The storm washes over me and I'm taken back.

Back to that summer.

MugsyB
MugsyB
2,735 Followers