All Comments on 'The Adventures of Kathleen M. Ch. 05'

by Just Plain Bob

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
a cheating wife

Does Rick know his wife is cheating on him with todd and Billy? if he does does he condone it with her fucking thos two boys if it was me i would dump her he doesnt deserve her he deserves someone that wont cheat with every tom dick and harry on the street.

Pat.

Atlanta,Ga

hotbiandreadyhotbiandreadyover 17 years ago
Great writing

ANother great story keep up those cheating wife stories. We sure love them.

flowernibblerflowernibblerover 11 years ago
Her fondness for it all grows.

Kathleen is awakening now like never before, as her fondness for it all explodes in her mind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This one hurts. Not because a woman ever treated me like your character treated her husband, but because you wrote so well that I became immersed in the story and its characters.

I have one disagreement. You say at the end of the last chapter that Kathleen loved her husband. I disagree. Active addicts love themselves more than anyone else. Kathleen loved sex and the pleasure it gave her more than the damage it caused the man who had dedicated himself to her. In the end, she loved herself, and nobody else.

I know this. An acquaintance of mine has a gambling addiction. From time to time he'll say something like, "Sorry, we can't do that. Money is a little tight.". And I try not to notice the pain on his wife's face. They makes plenty of money, but he either lost it or is keeping it for the next time he hits a casino or plays poker with his friends. The joy he gets from gambling is more important to him than the care and welfare of his wife and kids. He is just like your main character. He loves himself above everyone else.

I have a tendency towards alcoholism. Runs in the family. I like a stiff drink, or two, or three, or four after work. Early in my marriage, I came home from work and my wife stopped me, saying, quite firmly, "I'll make your drink." What a watershed moment. It hit me she cared about me. It hit me that the amount of alcohol I consumed was hurting this woman I loved. In that second I had to make a choice and I chose to love her more than I loved myself. In that second I decided to hand over control of my drinking to her. Since then she has always fixed my drinks for me. I never fix one for myself. My kids knew she did this. One particular Friday night out sticks in my mind these many years later. The kids were younger and we had all gone out to eat. I had finished my gin and tonic as we were eating our main course. My wife looked over and said, "Why don't you order another one. I'll drive." My kids were like, "Ooooh, Daddy gets a second drink." This still tears me up. My wife told them, "Daddy had a very bad week working hard for us. He deserves it." She never wanted to deprive me of something I enjoyed. She loved me. She just wanted me to enjoy it in a way that didn't hurt myself, herself, the kids, or anyone else. But, she loved me enough to give me a little bit more of what I so much liked because, well, because she loved me.

In your excellent story, Kathleen M did not love her husband. If she had, she would have expressed her growing sexual desires to him. Then she would have allowed him to engage with her to channel those desires into paths that did not hurt him, her, or other people, but which, instead, could strengthen their relationship through trust, self-control, and mutual pleasure. Who knows, perhaps the husband would eventually have brought in another man for threesomes. Kathleen M never gave her husband that opportunity because, in the end, she only loved herself.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust Plain Bob@Just Plain Bob
9061 Followers
Just a Dirty Old Man (of course I have been one since I was thirteen)who likes to write about the things that I've seen and been exposed to in my life. There is a little bit of me in almost all of my stories and in some of them there is quite a lot. I leave it to the reader ...