All Comments on 'The Boatman'

by MontgomeryBoater

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
Scotsman69Scotsman69over 9 years ago
This is decent writing pal...

... so thank you.

I've enjoyed a few canal holidays too, but never got this lucky!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
join the world

The author needs to join the world community as many know and understand slightly different words for things. That use of "arse" when near the entire world simply uses "ass" makes things read odd and hard.

MontgomeryBoaterMontgomeryBoaterover 9 years agoAuthor
Using the word, "arse."

Thanks for the feedback, anonymous, but I hope you don't mind if, after consideration and research, I respectfully disagree with you.

No-one in the country where this piece is set says "ass." If I were to use an American idiom rather than its English counterpart in this context, the result would be patently ridiculous.

MontgomeryBoaterMontgomeryBoaterover 9 years agoAuthor
Scotsman69

Thanks - your feedback is appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well written

A well written story with good flow and continuity. You are correct with respect to your use of terminology being believable and consistent with your setting. Only one question. As she has had experience with boys and he is divorced, how is this a "first time" story? With that said, the story was still highly sensual and enjoyable and had lovely imagery.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent!

Nicely written, with a believable but interesting build up. Great to read a story that doesn't keep having you trip up on grammatical mistakes, and allows you to just read and enjoy. Looking forward to the rest of the journey -- and the return journey, and her mother ... ? !!! And long live the 'arse' -- there ARE readers outside the US, and we use English English, not American English!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous