The Brass Butterfly Ch. 05

Story Info
Eek! It's the parents!
2.2k words
4.24
10.7k
2
0

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 01/12/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a collaboration story between me and my friend Black Velvet. Sara belongs to Black Velvet while Matt and Simon belong to me. All written text and characters are copyrighted and may not be used without permission. This story will contain boy/girl, girl/girl, boy/boy, and threesome sexual content. Some chapters may not contain any sexual content. In which case, we also hope you enjoy the story. Feel free to stroke our egos, we love getting comments! Stroke them enough and we'll give you more faster. :)

The Brass Butterfly: Ch. 05

Mid-morning the next morning, the doorbell rang. Matt and Sara were lazily lying around the living room, and Sara got up and checked the peephole.

The face on the other side, to her horror, was Matt's mom. She made a little finger wave at the peephole, her distorted face through the tiny circle of glass making her smile overly wide.

Sara felt an instant seizing of alarm, her eyes going wide as she turned from the door and hissed, "It's your mother!"

Matt sat bolt upright on the couch, scrambling to her feet. "I'm not here!" she whispered loudly and ran from the room.

There was knocking on the door and Sara called out lightly, "Just a minute!"

She pulled some strands of hair out of her face, and waited for the bedroom door to close before calmly opening the door, "Helen! What a surprise... when did you get back from Vegas?"

Helen was a dyed blonde, pleasingly plump woman in a white flower print shirt, tan slacks, and skimmers. She stood just a bit shorter than Sara was and beamed at her as she threw her arms around her in a big hug. "Just this morning! I won big on the slots and figured I'd better quit while I was ahead! How are you, angel?"

Sara hugged her back, trying not to be too awkward and nervous. "Congratulations! I'm doing fine," she said as she pulled back. "Matt's going to be upset that he missed you."

Helen blinked at her. "Missed me?"

Sara nodded. "Well, he's not here at the moment."

Helen looked at her warily. "Really."

The look alone was enough. Sara had a sinking feeling starting in the center of her gut. "What?"

Matt's mother crossed her arms. "Because I just got a VERY interesting story when I called his work this morning to let him know I was back. Apparently we've had a family emergency and nobody's told ME about it." She gave Sara that look mothers only give when they KNOW their children are up to something—and they aren't going to believe anything they say.

Sara groped for a ready lie, and couldn't think of one. She fish-mouthed a moment and finally sighed.

Helen tapped her foot. "Well? Both your cars are outside in the driveway. "

Sara swallowed. "Do you remember Simon?"

Helen frowned at her, clearly expecting anything but that. She uncrossed her arms, looking puzzled. "Simon...the one you went to school with? Tall, skinny, awkward looking boy?"

She nodded. "We found out he's back in town - a teacher at the UW. We ran into him the other day, had dinner. Simon stopped by and picked Matt up to go to the gym for a few..."

Helen raised an eyebrow, a lot like the way Matt did. "I see. In all the years I've known my boy...and I've known him a long time...I have never ONCE heard of him voluntarily going to a gym." She put her hands on her hips and yelled, "MATTHEW AUGUSTUS DONAHUE, I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE! GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW, I WANT TO TALK TO YOU!"

Sara winced at the yelling and looked apologetically toward the bedroom door. A moment later, she heard the bedroom door open and her heart thundered wildly in her chest and her mouth went dry.

Matt shuffled out with a blanket draped over her head as Helen brushed past Sara. "Matt Donahue, I want to know WHAT is going on. I called your work and you apparently told them you had a family emergency?! What's that all about? And you've got Sara here trying to cover up for you, and if you're playing hooky from work like you did all the time when you were a teenager, don't think I won't..."

Matt cut her off in a muffled voice, though it still sounded feminine no matter how much she tried to lower it. "I know, mom, I know...Let me explain..."

Helen stopped a few feet away. "Matt? Honey? What's wrong with your voice?"

Sara gaped at Matt.

Matt made a few coughing noises. "I'm sick, Mom. Really nasty bug going around."

Helen frowned, "You sure sound like it, your voice sounds so strange!"

She came over and Matt pulled away. "No! I don't want you to catch it too."

She stopped. "Don't be silly, I did this for you all the time when you were young."

Matt stepped away again. "And you'd always catch it later, remember? Ma, I'm 24, you don't need to get sick on my expense anymore."

Helen sighed, "All right, all right...but why did you tell your office that you had a family emergency?"

Matt was silent for a heartbeat. "I've sort of used up all my sick leave. I had to think of

SOMETHING or I would get docked...you didn't...uh, out me, did you?"

Helen tsked in disgust, "No, I never identified myself on the phone."

Matt made a soft whooshing noise as she let out a breath of relief from under the blanket. Sara was on pins and needles, but kept her mouth shut.

Helen shook her head. "But HONESTLY Matt, you're WAY too old to be acting like this and using up your sick leave, and lying to your boss is a GREAT way to get yourself fired!"

"Hunh? Who's lying to whose boss?"

Sara's eyes went wide again and she paled before turning around and pasting a smile on her face, "Uncle Tony...uh...you remember Matt's mother, Helen, don't you?"

Tony was a big man with thick black hair, a bushy mustache, and was wearing a loud yellow Hawaiian shirt. He blinked and then stepped forward, "Oh, yeah, hi Helen, good to see you again."

Helen smiled and turned pleasantly, shaking his hand firmly, "Hi Tony, likewise. How's business?"

Tony smiled, "It's going great, I just popped in to see if Sara could pick up a bit of office work since I have to go out and meet a client." He looked over at Matt. "I thought you said he had to go out of town?"

Sara blinked, "Did I? I don't remember...I've been taking care of him non-stop since he got sick." She looked at Tony, needing desperately to divert the questioning away from Matt's illness. "What work do you need me to do?"

Tony wasn't having any of it—he was still looking at Matt. "Sick? What's the matter with you, boy?"

Matt coughed again. "Caught something nasty. Should be in bed. Think I'll go back to it now." She started to edge away back towards the hall.

Tony blinked at her voice and backed up. "Good idea! You sound like a freakin' girl!"

Matt muttered, "Gee, thanks, Tony."

Tony shrugged and grinned, "Well, you do! Sara, I need you to watch the office, Jenny's out sick today as well, and I've got the Pinski's paperwork all ready, and they are dropping by to pick

up the plans for their garden. It's just for a couple of hours, I might be able to land the

contract landscaping for the new office complex down the street this afternoon, and I really need you there."

Sara looked at Matt then back at Tony. "Okay. I'll need to change."

Helen nodded at her. "Ok dear, while you're off, I'll put Matt to bed and stick around in case he needs anything."

They both froze. Matt finally said, "You REALLY don't need to do that, Mom...I'll probably

just...nap. No need for you to stick around."

Sara nodded. "He'll be fine for a few hours Helen. You've been gone a few weeks, you just got home—"

Helen came over and put her arm around Matt's shoulders, "Nonsense! He sounds horrible and...good heavens, it feels like you've lost weight, Matt!" she exclaimed in alarm. "Take the blanket off dear, I want to get a look at you."

Sara winced, "Helen..."

Matt clutched the blanket it tighter and sounded panicky. "I'd rather not Mom, I'm...freezing, and I look awful..."

Helen took the edges of the blanket, "That's why I want to look at you, baby! You might need to go to a doctor or something." A tug of war ensued between Matt and his mother and suddenly the blanket came away.

Sara froze in horror.

Tony caught his breath. "Jesus..."

Helen breathed and put a hand to her mouth, "Oh..."

Matt's hair was an absolute mess. Frizzed out and hanging in her pale but sweaty face. She hadn't been sleeping well the last few days, so the dark circles under her eyes stood out plainly. Her breasts were gone, and she was wearing a different shirt and sweatpants than she had on that morning that were larger and lumpier to hide her body.

Helen frowned, "Oh honey, maybe you should be in the hospital; you look dreadful!"

Matt was about to say something, when there was another knock on the doorframe. "Um...hello? Is this a bad time?"

Sara whirled around again, agitated at how many people were showing up unannounced. She felt ready to scream, but was relieved to see it was Simon. "Simon! Umm...well..." She looked at the others then brightened, "Your timing is perfect!"

Simon looked at her, then at Matt, then over all the people standing in the foyer and said, "Apparently."

Helen looked startled. "Simon? Simon Webb—oh my goodness, you've gotten handsome! Maybe you shouldn't be here, Matt's very sick."

Simon nodded and said dryly, "That he is."

Tony shook his head and jerked a thumb in Simon's direction. "Who's this guy?"

Sara sighed, just about resigned to whatever happened next. "Uncle Tony this is our good friend Simon Webb. We met at college. Simon, my boss and uncle, Tony Cantu."

Simon stuck his hand out. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Cantu. I just dropped by to see how Matt is doing; I know about his...condition."

Tony nodded. "Yeah, nice to meet you too. Sara, I hate to do this, but we're on a deadline here, I just need you for two hours."

Helen looked worried, "I think he should be in a hospital, he looks awful! I—"

Simon came in and put an arm around Helen, his charm oozing up a notch. "I'll take care of him."

Sara nodded, "It'll be all right Helen. Simon will stay here with Matt—that way you can go home and unpack, relax, sort through your mail, and do your laundry without worry while I go into the office." She looked back at Matt. "All he needs is sleep."

Helen looked confused and a little bewildered as Simon steered her towards the door, "I—I don't know. I don't feel right about leaving him..."

Simon gently turned Helen away from Matt and said soothingly, "Which is why I'M here. We'll keep you informed, but right now, I think Matt could use some rest and not have to worry

about his mother fussing over him...you know...it's a guy thing."

Matt gave Sara a look behind his mom's back as if to say, Can this get any worse?!

Helen sighed, "I guess you're right." She looked at Sara. "You'll call me later, right Sara? Let me know how he is?"

Sara nodded. "I'll call when I get home and update you, I promise."

She went to Matt and puts an arm around her, turning her toward the bedroom, "Right now I think I should put him back to bed and then get changed so I can get to the office."

Helen looked back. "Maybe I could stay for an hour."

Tony sighed, "He'll be FINE, Helen. He's a man. Gotta let go of them sometime."

The others couldn't see it, but Sara saw Matt's eye twitch and she pretended to go into another coughing fit. Helen sighed back. "Ok, ok. I'll be calling tonight to check up."

Simon put a hand on Tony and Helen's backs and gently pushed them towards the door, his voice soothing and confident. "They'll be just fine, I promise. Nice seeing you again, Helen, and nice meeting you Mr. Cantu."

The older folks said their goodbyes and left. Simon shut the door behind them, and Matt leaned against a wall and covered her face with her hands, "Sweet Jesus."

Sara echoed the sentiment then looked at Simon. "Thank you Simon. I can't tell you. Your timing really was perfect and thanks for not outing Matt...but—what are you doing here?"

Simon breathed a sigh of relief and turned and looked at them both, his face serious. "I'm glad to have been of service. Now that that's out of the way, I'm here because thought I'd better come in person for this I've made some more translations and...I know what the box is."

To Be Continued...