The Business

Story Info
Can a 'businessman' really find love?
3.6k words
4.2
15.4k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
terrunt
terrunt
99 Followers

Dear readers: I thank you for your comments on my previous story. I hope I can apply some of your suggestions to this one. In regards to any spelling/ grammatical errors, I ran through it with spell-check and returned no errors. I am English, so perhaps this explains a lot.

However, thank you for reading.

No sex in here, I'm afraid.

---

"Vinny!"

Vinny. That's me. Vincent Carlotti. I'm 6'5" and I spend a lot of time in the gym. I can't remember the last time I saw a weight scale, but I'm happy as I am.

The man calling my name was Joey. Joey runs a bar downtown. He also provides a little protection on the side. People call us Mafia. We're not, we just run a business helping people. Whether they need help forgetting, or help with a couple of guys, we're there. For the right price of course. Joey taught me everything I know. I lived with him from being 3 years old until I turned 26. My parents died when their car got hit by a semi, so Joey's the only family I've ever known.

I have a past. My past is a little darker than everybody else's, but we all gotta move on, right? See, I never knew when to stop. And my inability to see enough as being enough is what got me sharing a cell with a whacko.

More about that later.

When I was growing up, all I wanted to do was have a steady job during the day and a wife and family to go home to at night. In the suburbs. I wanted to be a regular Average Joe.

But the only Joe I knew wasn't average. Far from it.

So I had to join the 'family business'. I don't see how it was a family business; we had no family other than each other.

So I became his right-hand man. I became the guy that got all the day to day shit sorted. The kinda shit Joey didn't want to touch. The kinda shit that could get a man locked up for life, with no company other than a cellmate that wanted to fuck you. And I was good. I was the best.

Anything that was tricky "Pass it to Vinny, he'll sort it. He'll sort it so good you'll never know it even happened"

I looked up from the desk to see Joey with an envelope and a grin.

"Jackie Kasanawa just came through for us. It's done. You've just netted us five million dollars. You son of a bitch!" He laughed. "You know I hate those damn triads, they try to fuck you over at every opportunity, but fuck me, we did it!"

By 'we' he meant me. He's the front, the guy that sits behind the desk. I know that sounds weird, 'cause at the moment, I'm behind a desk. But I get my hands dirty, at every opportunity. I pride myself on being able to cope with the dirty details, and I do it perfectly.

And if you want to know what I did, I took care of a triad that thought he was untouchable. The hardest hit I've made in my life. But we're connected. There were no cops involved. Once Joey told them what was going down and how well they'd be rewarded, they stayed away. And that's what we do. To the cops' way of thinking, that just gets a drug dealing triad motherfucker off the streets. That's the same thinking as ours. Hell, we didn't need no Triads selling crack. I mean, I can't lecture anyone on lifestyle, but this Triad motherfucker was selling to kids. So I put him out of commission, permanently. It's no great loss.

---

The black Lexus was parked at the side of the street. It had been pegged the moment it stopped. We know that car. And in short, it meant we were fucked. That car belongs to Yoshimoto Kasanawa. You don't fuck with this guy. And I have. Several times, but this is the first time he's called at the bar after. I was shitting myself. And with good reason. He is the kinda guy that if you fuck with him, the lucky ones get shot in the head. The not so lucky ones turn up in a basement somewhere after being tortured, burned with shit. Fuck that. I didn't survive prison for this bullshit. So, as I sat observing the vehicle on the TV monitors, my mind was in a whirlwind. Eventually, I just decided to hit the nail on the head and I walked through the bar, and out the front door. As I was walking, Joey looked at me with alarm. I just shook my head and carried on. There was no point in dragging him into this.

I walked across the street and over to the car. Yoshimoto smiled at me through an open back window.

"Get in, my friend. Let's take a drive."

I could feel the cold metal of my Beretta 92A1 as it rubbed against the hot skin on my waist. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer the weight of the Beretta rather that any other makes. I can't explain it. I just like my gun.

So I sat in the back seat, next to the Triad. Now I'm here, I wasn't that scared any more. I'm good at my job, and Yoshimoto respects this. I hope.

"So, you killed one of my associates. Explain." He doesn't ask, he tells.

"He was selling crack to kids. I ain't into that. He's better off dead." I replied. Fuck Yoshimoto.

"Well..." He started, pulling out an envelope. "A bonus. He was a loose cannon. As a father myself, that is an inexcusable act. I respect you even more that I did already. You're a good man Vincent. Another time, another place, perhaps you could join me in business?" This time he was asking.

"Whilst your offer tempts me, Joey's family." I reply, playing it cagey. I wasn't scared, but I dislike the feel of a gun to your head.

"Blood's thicker than water Mr Carlotti? I see. I admire that in a man. Loyalty. It's something you don't come across much. Well, there will always be work for you with me Vinny. You don't mind me calling you that, I assume?" He gently reminded me who he was.

"Vinny's fine. I might just take you up on that offer at some point."

"Good. Thank you for eliminating that problem for us." He dismissed me.

I took the hint and left, entering the bar and fingering the envelope in my pocket.

"Joey. I need out for a while."

Joey looked up in alarm.

"What's wrong? What did that fucker say?"

"Nothing Joe, I just gotta take some time to... ah... get my priorities in order. It's only temporary."

Joe embraced me.

"You're a good kid, you know that? You take what you need. Door's always open to you."

Without another word, I got into my black BMW and hit the interstate.

---

I wasn't like most businessmen. I didn't flaunt my money. I didn't feel the need for material goods. But I allowed myself one creature comfort. Two if you count the car, which I didn't because it was for business as well.

But my second house. That was different. I needed a private place for myself. Joe didn't know where it was. No-one did. No-one to do with my life. This was my sanctuary. My retreat.

It was around 6AM when I pulled the car into my drive. I reverse parked it. Old habits die hard. I do that because, whilst it gives someone a better line of fire, it also makes for a much quicker getaway.

I collapsed into the king size bed in my room and slept until noon. I could never really sleep in, so it makes sense. A rumble from my stomach reminded me I was absolutely famished. I dressed in a red dress shirt and left it open collared, with Armani loafers and black Armani pants. Hey, I'm a businessman. I always dress to impress. I decided that I didn't want to bother with a jacket in the 80 degree heat, so I left it.

I strolled over to the BMW, breathing in the hot, humid air.

"So you're the guy that owns this place?" A voice called.

I looked around and saw an elderly woman leaning over her fence.

"Yeah." I said.

"So, why don't we see much of you? When the realtor said a handsome man, dressed in a sharp suit with a flashy car had bought the place, my daughter was dying to see you. But so far you've disappointed her." She proclaimed.

I laughed and walked over to the fence.

"Vincent Carlotti" I said, offering my hand.

"June Saunders" She replied, grasping the proffered hand in a surprisingly firm grip. "Eric! Come here honey!" She called towards the garage. The faint strains of a rock tune could be heard, but Eric didn't appear.

She just laughed and motioned me to head to the garage. "Just go say hi."

I walked into the garage, and what I saw took my breath away. In partial restoration was a 1969 Dodge Charger. Eric appeared from under the car and looked up at me.

"Hi, I'm Vinny. I bought the house next door a few years back?"

"Oh yes, of course!" He reached out and gripped my hand. "What do you think Vinny? I'm Eric by the way."

"She's a beautiful machine. I restored a 1970 Mustang when I was in college, but I haven't touched a classic since. It's a massive shame. And the car was destroyed in a fire."

This was all true, except I restored in whilst training with Joey, and the car was torched as a revenge attack by some pissed off hick.

"It's only the body shell that needs doing now. The motor's completely finished, I'm just about to fire it up." He announced. He reached across into the cab and turned the key. The starter motor sounded and the engine struggled to fire up.

It caught after three attempts and the engine roared to life. I smiled.

"Damn, I gotta go to the store, get some groceries."

"Listen, Vinny, you wanna come for dinner tonight? We don't even know you and you're our neighbour."

"Oh, no thank you. I feel like I'm imposing on you." I declined through modesty.

"Oh, it's no bother. It gives me someone to talk to about the car, June and Anna get bored quickly."

"Anna?" I enquired.

"My daughter" He replied. "I have a son too, but he works away a lot."

"Ok, I'll come. But as long as I'm not imposing?"

"Great, see you at seven." He told me.

---

I was looking forward to dinner. It's different not having to cook yourself. So when I was at the store, I grabbed a bottle of red wine and a case of Corona. I can't stand wine, but it's what you take, right?

---

7PM rolled around and I knocked on the door promptly, wine and beer in hand.

The door was answered, and I almost dropped what I was holding.

The redhead stood in front of me was everything I had imagined in my wildest fantasy. She was around 5'6". Her hair was almost down to her waist. She was slender, and had perfectly toned legs, ass and breasts. I wanted to dive into her. I could see her lip-gloss reflecting the waning sunlight. She was wearing a red dress which reached to her mid-thighs and was wearing dark tights.

"Hey." I smiled at her.

"You must be Vinny? I'm Anna. You look a lot better than I was expecting. When my dad said you knew about cars, I expected you to be a big, hairy fat guy."

"Nothing but pure muscle here, honey." I laughed.

"I can see that." She replied alluringly, giving me a quick once over from head to toe. No doubt she caught the bulge in my pants, it wasn't exactly discreet. I was still wearing the same outfit as earlier, except I had changed my shirt for a dark purple Gucci, instead of Armani. I'm a designer guy. I'm Italian, I have to be.

She led me into the dining room, where June and Eric were already seated. They had sat me next to Anna, which I thought was a little odd. I was going to enquire, but then I realised I didn't care, at all.

If they wanted to put me next to this beautiful creature, why would I argue? I almost laughed.

"How about I take that for you, honey?" Anna asked, motioning towards the bottle of wine. I couldn't help but notice how sexy her voice sounded. I was tenting again, so I sat down quickly after she took the wine and beer, returning swiftly with a beer for me and Eric, and a glass of wine each for her and June.

I'd love to tell you how the food tasted, but I can't remember. I remember having an amazing time, laughing and joking with Anna, Eric and June. I thought that a couple of times, Anna's hand lingered on mine a fraction longer than usual when I passed her the salt and things like that. Maybe it was my imagination.

I agreed with Eric that I'd help him finish the Charger whilst I was here. He seemed pleased with my answer, and so did Anna.

June was more interesting to here what I do for a living. I had been aware that this would most likely crop up, but I couldn't think of a good excuse to get out of it. So I decided sticking close to the truth was a winner.

"I work as a general manager in my uncle Joe's club." I said, thinking that would be accepted without comment.

"And what do your duties entail?" Eric asked.

Fuck.

"I, uh, I basically handle the day to day running of the club, accounts, ordering, stock takes. Boring stuff like that. But I do get stuck in, every time I can, I'll be out in the bar, talking to patrons, talking to the staff, serving people. The usual. I like to get my hands dirty. Don't let the suits fool you."

"I can see that son, if you didn't like getting your hands dirty, you wouldn't have offered to help with the Charger." Eric said.

I breathed a mental sigh of relief.

"I think it's great that you're helping dad with his car, he's had to do it on his own since Mike went away. Mike's my brother, by the way."

I notice her hand was resting on mine. I could smell cinnamon. I found it hard to focus on what she was saying.

"I enjoy getting dirty" I said.

"I'll bet" She replied, with a sly wink. She moved her hand and my hand suddenly felt freezing cold. I wanted it back.

June suddenly exclaimed "Good Lord, is that the time?!"

I looked at the clock and it was past midnight. I hadn't felt the time going.

"I guess this is goodnight then." I said to everybody.

Anna showed me to the door. I wanted to sweep her into my arms.

"When mom and dad told me a gorgeous Italian owned the house next door, I didn't believe them, but I guess they were right." She mentioned.

"Goodnight Anna" I said.

"Goodnight Vinny" She replied, kissing me on the cheek.

I wanted to keep her, there and then. I didn't know what to do, so I left. I went back to my bed, and gave myself some much needed... ah... relief...

---

It was now a week after I had dinner with June, Eric and Anna. I hadn't seen Anna since, and I missed her. I didn't know how I could miss someone I had only met once, but I did.

I was in the garage working on the Charger with Eric and Anna walked in.

"Hey guys, beer?" She asked, handing 2 bottles of Budweiser to me.

I smiled. "I'd rather have dinner with you."

"Then you know what you're doing on Friday night, don't you?"

I laughed. "I'll pick you up at six?"

"Six sounds good. See you then." She walked away smiling.

I felt like I'd just won the lottery.

"You break her heart, I'll break your face." Eric casually tossed at me.

I sincerely doubted that, but I didn't want to tell him.

"That's not gonna happen." I replied.

---

I was sat outside her apartment in the freshly washed BMW, checking my appearance in the mirror. I felt like a 16 year old going on my first date. It was ridiculous. I looked good. I knew I would. I'm not being vain, I just know what I look good in, and what I don't.

I was wearing my grey Gucci suit with a dark red shirt and black Versace loafers.

I rang the buzzer, and she appeared in front of me.

She was wearing a black dress which stopped around 8 inches below her hips. I swear to God, I nearly came, there and then.

"Let's go Vinny." She smiled.

We both climbed into the biscuit leather interior of the BMW and I put my foot down. She laughed and opened her window.

" I love the feeling of the wind in my hair" She mentioned.

I look over and saw her beautiful red hair blowing behind her.

---

I had booked us a table at the most expensive restaurant in town. I wanted to make a lasting impression.

We talked about everything for 3 hours.

I can't tell you more than that, because I was so lost in her beauty I couldn't do anything about it.

"You're the best guy I've ever met, you know that?" She suddenly said.

"Everyone has secrets." I replied darkly.

"And what are yours?" She replied lightly.

"I've been in prison..." I cautiously mentioned.

She seemed a little distant from then on, but I thought she was tired, so when I dropped her off, I didn't think it odd that she didn't make another date to see me again.

I just left for home, and my... relief.

---

"How you doing Eric?" I asked.

"The fuck do you want?"

"Excuse me?"

"The fuck do you want? Get the fuck out my garage."

"The fuck's your problem?"

"I don't want a convict 'round here."

I laughed.

"I was exonerated. Bye Eric."

I left. Screw that.

I just got in the BMW and went back to Joe. I didn't need that shit.

---

"Listen, bud, what the fuck is on your mind? You've been a miserable son of a bitch ever since you got back!" Joe announced one day, shattering me from my reverie.

"I told you." I said.

"If you really feel that way, do something about it! Don't sit here moping, okay?! Go. Now."

I didn't need to be told twice.

I had got rid of my BMW since I was last up north. I was now driving a red Alfa-Romeo. Something with a little more go. And it made more of a statement. I wore Gucci, I drove an Alfa-Romeo. It worked, somehow. So, I wasn't hanging around on the freeway. It seemed like the car had wings. I hit my town up north around noon. I went straight to Anna's house.

I pressed the buzzer, hoping to God she would answer.

"Hello?" Anna's voice.

"It's Vinny. I need to talk to you."

"Vinny, I don't need this." Her voice cracked.

"I got put in jail for stopping a rapist. The woman thought I was that rapist. I had to provide samples of... fluids and such. It took 4 years for me to be freed. Is that such a bad thing?" I asked.

Silence.

Suddenly, the door was thrown open, and Anna stood, looking beautiful, even though she'd been crying.

"Vinny. I feel something for you. I don't know how I can, I've not know you for long. But I want to see if I can make this more for us. So if you promise that's what went down, I'll believe you."

"I swear it Anna. I swear."

"I love you. I think... And I couldn't bear it is you were guilty. You're so perfect." Anna said, looking unsure.

"I love you too. I was going insane when you wouldn't talk to me."

She kissed me. Full-on the lips. My heart skipped several hundred beats, I think.

---

2 years on:

I and Anna had just married. I was shocked at some of the people that had turned up. Joe, all the staff from the bars. People I'd only met once.

I got the shock of my life when Yoshimoto Kasanawa appeared.

"Congratulations Vinny. I wish you the best of luck for the future. And you Anna." He kissed us both on both cheeks, in our typical style.

I was shocked.

Anna chose that moment to dance with her father, and Yoshimoto lowered his voice.

"You're going straight now?" He murmured.

"Yes, sir." I announced proudly.

"I wish you all the luck. Here is my wedding gift." Yoshimoto passed me an envelope. "You are a great guy Vinny. I hope she knows that."

"Thank you Yoshimoto." I replied.

"I will take my leave now. However, do not forget my offer. If you ever need work, you know where I am. You're the best of the best."

"Thank you Yoshimoto."

And with that, he left.

---

I found out later that Yoshimoto's envelope contained $10,000 in cash.

Generous man.

---

As for Joe, he's settled down with a woman from his hometown, they're doing great. He's even gone legit, after I left.

---

And as for me and Anna, we're doing great.

She's pregnant now. I'm going to be a father.

terrunt
terrunt
99 Followers