All Comments on 'The Caller'

by K.K.

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments (Page 2)
ribnitinribnitinalmost 5 years ago
nice twist

original plot, well written.

fritz51fritz51over 4 years ago
What a terrific unique plot!

Five freakin stars

No suggestions, just wow & thank you.

imhaplessimhaplessover 4 years ago
Entertaining

Need I say more? 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Interesting story

But hard to like Frances. On the surface a loving friend , but a manipulator. And as other stories have told us , private investigator s aren't cheap. And , why were the investigators following her when his concerns were with his wife ? That makes no sense to me.

Ocker53Ocker53about 4 years ago
Great Story

I have added it to my favourites, enough said⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
you know, him and his wife did a bit of growing up.

because 'high moral standards'....please.

for themselves...maybe. but my BEST male friend...he has a brother that enjoys flirting and is married. my friend CHEWED his brother out verbally over and over again until his brother stopped flirting. THAT...is high moral standards. but my friend is pretty amazing. i'm not as mature as he is...but i can sure recognize it when i see it.

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

5 stars for a great read. Nice twist re the detective.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Coming back to this after five years! First, I can't believe that a wife within two couples, is going to tell the other wife that she's cheating. I would fully expect that the other wife would, if not squeal, would at least tell her husband, who would then tell the other husband.

Second, why do cheating wives try to recruit their friends to cheat? Besides the risk of the above, cheating involves risk. Why magnify the risk by having another cheater?

"Brenda hadn't said anything about their lunches in so long that it was doubtful that they were still meeting weekly." - Maybe she hasn't said anything because of what they're talking about!

"Seed of doubt?" - She answered all of his questions easily and openly, didn't even hesitate at the thought of him joining them.

I knew the DVD wasn't Brenda because nothing has been said about her going out on ANY nights. Her "late" night was the Brownie meetings when she was home by six.

How could she try to stop her? How about, "Are you crazy? How can you do that to a great guy like John?"

"I didn't like what she was doing" - But you never told her that, right?

Kara's her friend, but John is, too. And she didn't make A mistake. That would be a drunken one-nighter, she was carrying on a series of affairs, or one-nighters, or whatever.

I don't think that idle boasts by semi-strangers are on the same level as on-going conversations with a best friend about cheating on another best friend.

I don't buy him blaming himself.

26thNC26thNCalmost 4 years ago

Great story that I have somehow missed. Smart girl that Fanny to use him to get John free of Kara. Great twist in the story. Good all round.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Interesting twist

Just wanted to point out that, there was a cheater, manipulator, and silent women present in this story. To top it all off, the husband who was manipulated into this course of action felt guilty for doing so. Not for being manipulated, but because he did something behind his wifes back, when she was being silent about it all. Sounds strange eh, this is just what happens. Its gotten to the point where we as guys have to feel guilty about doing anything, for the right reason. Its the times we live in.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story,Except For...

Well-written and enjoyable story. The one bump in the road was why hubby would spend the significant amount of money it takes to have a PI follow and make a case on Brenda?Yeah,I realize that by exposing her to John he’d found a way to deter his wife from cheating but the four were good friends and it seemed an extreme way to go rather than just find a way to talk with his wife. (And that Fanny was a sneaky, conniving bitch in the way she went about hurting all four in her quest.) ~ rated it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Sex on the stairs can be difficult, especially if they are metal like the kind in a college library. Oh did I write that? Oops

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Great story

Loved it, made me feel warm, great, a cheater gets her just desserts and a lovely family live happily ever after.

RetiredsleeveRetiredsleeveover 3 years ago
So if the child was conceived on the stairs...

Would it be a step child?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

I'm a big fan of this story. It's loving and honest, it gets the emotions going with concerns of infidelity, plays with the reader's head just enough, and delivers an excellent resolution. That's a good story!

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Excellent story. Second time through for me and it was still just as good.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesalmost 3 years ago

Great loving wife story.

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
I hate stories that have this doomsday ignored premise.

“Dr Robinson, our computer calculations shows the Earth has a good chance of being hit by a comet in a 13 weeks. We have calculated it will come at least between the moon and Earth, so ~100,000mi. And if are calculations are even a little off, or we didn’t account for every variable, it might hit Earth. Beware.”

“Ummm... okay. Maybe I’ll bring it up at the next Wednesday’s weekly meeting of concerned scientists... ummm maybe not. I’ll wait and see. Yes, that’s what I’ll do, wait for a couple of weeks to see if my subordinates refine their calculations so as to be certain.”

Yeah, right.

But, if you can get around that, this is a 4-star story.

thedayafterthedayafteralmost 3 years ago

Another excellent, well written well crafted story. The plot line was clever getting him to out Kara to save his own marriage and then finding out he'd been played by Franny and that his wife was totally true to him.

DGHear2DGHear2almost 3 years ago

Excellent story, very well written, but I wouldn't expect anything less from K.K.

with respect

DG Hear

AnotherChapterAnotherChapteralmost 3 years ago

It is a great story. My one complaint, I can’t see a concerned husband sitting on the sidelines for weeks while this drama unfolds. The risk/reward ratio is way too low for inaction and dithering about. Still a good story and I appreciate the tension and realization of those caught on the sidelines. Well done!

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Reading again. This was a great story with a good twist. Glad Brenda was a real Loving Wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

story was good. some of it really, not right. why do you K.K. feel its necessary for a man/husband to apologize for doing the right thing..a woman whom condones or accepts her friends cheating is untrustworthy. she should be made to feel responsible. I for one would suspect her as well no mater how she spins the events and not let her off that easy, take her to bed and its all ok??. you have a low opinion of mens integrity? the other thing he questions himself in the way he exposed karen to John and feels he should have confronted her. That's bullshit. she's a slut and john deserved better so he had to be told so he could take the appropriate steps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Clever little tale, beautifully written and not as predictable as it first seemed.

LA

DrgwngDrgwngover 2 years ago

Been reading in lit many years. It has always appalled me as to the low state of morality of our society in the area of telling the bad news to the offended party. Both readers and authors seem to to take the default position t hat not telling is both best positive and justified. Somehow not telling what they know will not only potentially prolong the offense, but will actually make it better when the truth is finally known. Bullshit..The feeble excuse of " I did not want to hurt them with the bad news" is completely ridiculous and just low grade self preservation and avoidance. This is one of the few if any stories in which the Mc takes positive action to both inform and stop the infidelity. If only more folks in the real worlds and the lit world took this approach.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

2nd time, or maybe 3rd, and still an excellent story. A couple points were a bit weak but it really didnt derail the story at all nor really detract from it.

I love the twist, so many try to pull those off and fail, you didn't.

One of those rare stories others could learn from......they wont but we can hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Throughout my life I have tried to get people to stop cheating on their spouses. Unfortunately there were some who were just players who couldn’t stop cheating. They all got divorced!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Clever and creative with a great twist. Men and women both that are cheaters, get what they deserve. They had the choice of what they were doing, the spouse didn't. I don't understand how some cheat so easily. Those are really just bad people.

Slick742Slick742about 2 years ago

W hat? a good ending in Loving Wives? Nonsense can't be. Thank you....sk742 5*

Freudzslip69Freudzslip69almost 2 years ago

Uh…excuse me,,, but wasn’t there a “little” item he forgot? Nothing really big…just photos and video of Brenda in a bar drinking and kissing another man, then them fucking doggy style in the back seat of the car??? I guess he dreamed all that, right???????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fruedzslip69, read it again. He didn’t have BRENDA followed by the PI ya muppet.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

This story is one that you really have to pay attention, nowhere does the story say who he was having the detective agency follow except at the very end. It kind of leads you to believe that it was Brenda but in fact the twist was at the end he had Kara followed and he send the DVD to John to let him know what Kara was doing. Excellent story. 5/5

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzonealmost 2 years ago

I saw the twist coming bit it was still a great story. KK is becoming one of my faves.

I'm a sucker for a happy ending

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Great story, great twist. Wonderful to have at least one loving wife on literotica 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very nice twist. He had Kara followed not Brenda. I will say that once he staked out the restaurant from the car but got a phone call, it was clear it was Francis. They would never always get the same table anyways. What Francis did was pretty crappy. Could have done more harm to the MC's marriage than it did. But creative story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Creative and well written.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

very good great story happy ending

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

Good story, well-written, 5 stars...

remb95remb95over 1 year ago

Nice twist at the end

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good twist and the MC was smart. I hate to say but in the same exact situation, I might have had both women followed. Though it was clear the caller had yo be Francis after seeing the restaurant that day. Ignoring all that, why didn't Francis just hire a PI and anonymously deliver the info to John? She wad a bitch lying about Brenda's supposed desires and intentions. Could have really hurt the marriage with a bad fight.

Schlouis57Schlouis57over 1 year ago

Très bon. Belle histoire bien écrite avec juste assez de suspens.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 1 year ago

There was a story the other day which made me rethink this story entirely. Now I can't like it. What happens if John's life is ruined and his kids life is ruined?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Author, I was thinking about you today.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Brilliant mystery 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good twist. Well played. Agre with prior commenter. Would have had both followed. But Francis was a bitch. She nearly destroyed his and Brenda's marriage. Why didn't she just hire her own PI and have it dropped off anonymously for the cheated husband? Then swoop in? None of that is brought up in the story.

Schlouis57Schlouis577 months ago

Un peu tiré par les cheveux

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Eh?

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

Well-written and quite enjoyable, Thanks for a good read.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594195 months ago

All the way to the end I just had a uncomfortable feeling that the husband was going to find some evidence she was a cheater luckily that ending didn't happen whew...

😨😰😤🤬👏👊

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Francis: "I guess I have just one more issue with you," I said. "You lied about Brenda being interested in having an affair, didn't you?"

"Yes. I had to say that to get you involved. That fact is that Brenda was very upset with Kara over this but she never said anything to her about it. Brenda and I talked about it a few times. Brenda kept hoping that Kara would come to her senses and stop fooling around. I never told Brenda this but I kept hoping that John would catch her."

"So Kara never tried to persuade Brenda to try fooling around?" I inquired.

"Actually, Kara did suggest it once and Brenda made it very clear that she would never do that. That's where I got the idea about calling you. I twisted things a bit but it was based on Kara making that suggestion," Fanny said.

=====> Translation: Francis is a skulking bitch. She put the MC through mental torture and put unnecessary stress on his marriage. Francis outright lied about Brenda to spur the MC to action. Francis was too lazy to sobe her own problem. She coukd have easily hired a PI and dropped off the information anonymously to John. I do not like her. She is untrustworthy. Not to mention that while Kara and John are done, and obvious since Kara is cheating on John with multiple guys for some time, and would never have stopped on her own, John and Francis are seeing each other the very next week? Rebound much? Not healthy. Dude needs to breathe and get some space. Did Kara and John have kids. Guess not.

Also not clear why some commenters are thrashing on Brenda. She w a never going to cheat. She did not approve. Kara was her best friend and she naively thought it would go away. She confided in Francis that she was really upset with what Kara was doing, but was too wrapped up I'm this emotionally to "betray" Kara. Not particularly ethical but a lot of people get stuck in such quandaries. Meanwhile Francis is also in the same moral quagmire but does something much more repugnant, twisting Brenda's words 180 degrees and putting the MC through hell.

Good story. Agree with previous comme terms that this author's best stories are when there is no cheating or cheating is a one time side element that is much less than the overall stakes involved.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Glad to see the MC's wife is an actual loving wife. Can't say the same for slutty Kara. I wonder if Brenda will change her mind when the kids are out of the nest and she decides to have a "honey, we need to talk" episode (no doubt Kara will be in her ear at that time fanning the flames). I hope not.

xhunter4uxhunter4u4 months ago

The MC overthinks everything, yet can't come up with the answer that the woman who was calling him was Francis. And then he finally meets her and she outs herself he totally gives her a pass for causing him angst over his wife potentially cheating on him. I'd have been ticked off over that.

Anyway, they're all just stories.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous