The Cat's Meow

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With that he was gone. He didn't even sweat. I found out later that his parent were upper middle class. He thought I was just some boy whose parents were doctors, who sent me to friggin private school or something. I never let on that he was wrong about that.

He's the one who got me into martial arts. He must be pretty damn deadly by now. I can't remember exactly how or when we became friends but we did. I remembered one of the most interesting nights when we went and rented a ton of movies. Movies I never even so much of heard. They were vulgar and raw and they made all the stereotypes I believed crumple. They threw out a lot of the prejudice I had in me. He had me watching all these black, Latino, British, and urban movies all weekend. It definitely opened my eyes to a lot of things.

July 16, 1993, Friday

"What’s up square?"

"How many times do I have to tell you Jay? I don't like to be talked to in that manner."

"Hey don't hate on me cuz ya act like you got a stick up your ass."

"Well do not 'hate' on me because I have class and you’re seriously lacking in that department."

"Oh lordie, lordie did you just use Ebonics. You’re learning there son."

"You really want me to apply some deadly force to your face."

"Yeah right what are you gonna do. Hit me in my face with a glove and challenge me to duel. Hey Mike I ain’t trying to get on your case but you need to loosen up and have some fun. Everything you do is so exact, so on point. You have to think everything through. The fun part about being a teenager is being spontaneous. It’s good to fumble or mess something up sometimes. It won’t kill ya, look at me I'm always fucking shit up dog."

"I know and that is all I need to know to make me want to do the exact opposite."

"Ha shut ya stanking ass up, eh. You know you wanna be like the Jay man."

"Do I have mentally ill on my forehead?"

"Umm... yeah" he said and broke up laughing

"Your momma"

"Oh.....my...gosh.....your making it h… h… hard to breathe......Not your momma its your MOMS. I think you've been watching to many Spike Lee films papi" he said through his laughter.

"Who in God's name is Spike Lee"

"Are you serious?" He said looking at me like I was crazy.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"That’s) it. We gotta make a detour to the video store homie. We gotta put your ass on to some great shit."

After that he taught me some karate moves, as well as how to play taps, and basketball. I taught him to play cricket and tennis. I think we both changed each others views on a lot of stuff.

I began to really enjoy working at my uncle’s place. I started to feel proud when I got my pay check. This was something I earned. I got Jay into fine old cars and he got me into indie films. By the end of the summer I felt more loose, more alive.

That's when I started to grow my hair. My father hated it so much, which was all my brother needed to start growing his out as well. I let mine grow out as long as it could get. My brother always keeps his at his neck.

We both decided we'd never cut it short. It was rare to find something that irked the hell out of my father and this was one of them. He was also disgusted by the way I started talking afterwards as well, constantly telling me that I was butchering the English language. Every summer after that until I turned 18 I spent at that hotel hanging out with Jay, joking on him, double dating and working out. Now, looking back, I think all in all it made me a better person.

Ring...

Ring...

Ring...

My thoughts of some of the best parts of my childhood were disturbed by my cell phone. I looked at the caller id and saw it was someone I didn't want to talk to. One thing is for sure, whoever said money can't buy you happiness was a wise person. Cause all I seem to attract are materialistic gold diggers.

Speaking of gold diggers, that's who just called me. I recently broke up with my current girlfriend, Jennifer. No, that's way too good for her. I just broke up with my current hooker. She might not take the money automatically after sex but she sure did try to get every fucking cent I would give her.

She went away to see her parents in Wisconsin and would be back in town today. I still felt so down about the whole situation. She had seemed so sweet at first, almost endearing.

Today I started searching the sunrise with my morning jog; but, by sunset, I still came up empty.I was looking and searching for nothing. I sat in the park and watched the sun rise, or walked by the pier and contemplated the calm sea. After the day was done, I still felt as if I were searching for something and nothing at the same time.

I might not be physically lost but mentally and spiritually I was and I need to find a way to get myself on solid ground. I've been walking around New York City forever and now I'm finally on my way home. Or should I call it a house because it for damn sure isn't a home. It being a home would imply that love there and my apartment knows no such thing. It knows pain and it knows emptiness.

I stepped into my car and as soon as I got seated I saw the most 'Wow' girl. I mean she was sexier then sex itself. She was probably another gold digging bitch anyway. With that I sped off.

After a few minutes, I reached my building. My father considered this apartment to be ghetto. But that's bull because if this same apartment was in Manhattan it would rent for probably ten times what it’s running for. What he really means is if it’s not a filthy rich neighborhood then its no good. Screw him! I bought it the other day. Yes, the whole apartment building. If you haven't figured out that I'm filthy rich yet, then you’re a tad bit slow. I've made a conscious decision to find someone who could love me just for me and not for how many zeroes in my bank account.

My brother Mark and I call it the "home project" cause that's what I'm looking for, somewhere or better yet someone to call home. So I decided to give up my Manhattan apartment and go look in the "normal people" areas. When I saw this building I loved it automatically. It’s really old and it doesn't look all that great. But you can see with a little construction and new paint, it would be a masterpiece.

It was a small apartment building, only 4 floors. Everything inside the halls, the walls are made up of deep dark mahogany wood. As soon as I reached the hall way on the fourth floor to my apartment. I heard the phone ring.

I ran down the hall and fumbled with my keys, finally getting them into the lock. But, by the time I reached the door, it was too late and my machine picked up.

My apartment was meager compared to my other places of residence. But the whole idea was to look like a normal boy. My brother and his wife took all my clothes and replaced then with less expensive rags, leaving me with only my expensive suits for work. I looked around, I mean it’s a nice little place,I guess. I think its growing on me though. It might be small, but it was mine. I hate my dad’s house, it reeks of money. So this is a good change. My older brothers, Matthew and Mason, started calling me "section 8,” referring to the projects. Now I understand why people do wicked things to their brothers.

I walked in my apartment. To the left my living room has the trademark mahogany wooden floor and built in wall unit and bookcase, is a large window looking out. The leather couch, love seat, curtains and lazy boy are all crème, with a maroon and gray pillow thrown in here, and there on the couches.

The fire place is done in gray stone. To the right is a large kitchen, that keeps the same theme as the living room. Right beside it is a little dining area. Complete with a nice chandelier over the table.

You can go either left or right. You go left past the living room is a bathroom and a guest room. You go right like how I am now, past the kitchen and dining area is my room. My room is big compared to average peoples. It has a sitting area far off.

With a small built in entertainment center, with a gray love seat and lazy boy. I have a huge king size bed, with maroon sheets and curtains, and with maroon, crème and gray pillows on all the couches and my bed. My bathroom is pretty much following the same theme. I dropped in the bed and relaxed for a little while. I weighed my options. I could lay in here and go to sleep or go wash my stanking ass. I eventually got up after talking myself into it for a little while.

I went into the bathroom that's connected to my room and the hall, I took off my clothes and let them dropped where they may. While passing by the full length mirror I took a look at myself. I'm 6'3, 185 lbs of muscle. Pretty damn cut up.

Light tan complexion, blue eyes and long blond hair that reaches a little bit above the small in my back. I ran my hand through my hair and then jumped in the warm water. I let the water fall on me washing away the tension and bullshit. After a long shower I jumped out and, without even drying, dropped in my bed and I was out for the count.

Shelly

I looked over at Cat, she finally barfed which was expected. Damn, this was defiantly a change of pace. Normally Cat is the mother hen looking after us irresponsible children. I hated Jacob for what he did to her, but of all I cant stand April for what she did to Cat.

I know she was desperate but damn she didn't have to go there. If she could do that to Cat she could do that to me. I shook my head in disgust or pity; I'm not too sure which one it is I feel for her at the moment. I snapped out of it and realized that I finally got to my 2 story house.

I looked over to see Cat passed out in the car. Cat and I are about the same size. So I can’t lug her fat ass up my stairs. Better get my roomy John to come and get this lard ass out of this damn car.

I finally got John out of his bed which he made sure I understood completely that I ripped him away from a pair of titties on his chest, a good dream and a possible #4 love making session with his slut of the night. But when I told him Cat was in the car passed out he looked at me and laughed like that was the funniest thing he ever heard. So I pulled his lazy ass out of the bed and gave him the summary of what happened. He kept looking at me like I was lying that's until he made it outside. He got real quiet when he saw Cat.

Her tear striped face in the glow of the moonlight, I could tell by the way his body stiffened that he got real mad. He was like our big brother, though we were all the same age, 24.

He was an exception, when you see John you go Whoa! If he wasn't such a ho he'd be perfect. I mean he was linebacker huge, which is exactly the way the three musketeers liked them. Well, I guess they're no longer the three musketeers. April took Jacob over friendship which was not cool.

But anyway we liked them big, to the point they doubled our mass. I don't know about you but I love to be lost in big strong arms. I guess that was the problem all 3 of us almost have the same exact taste in men, but it never seemed to be a big deal before this.

We all liked the big and I mean John was big. Not like the bodybuilders you see on TV. I mean all 3 of us are '5.5' or '5.6' and around 110 pounds so it doesn't take much to almost double us in mass. John had a really nice midsection. Six pack so strong it looked like he could go a month without working out and he'd still have it.

Short hair, now that's a difference between our tastes. Cat loved long haired guys not me I liked their hair short and April didn't really care about that. Lets just fucking say John physically and mentally was perfect. But it was the emotional part I was having problems with. I looked at him as he picked Cat out as soft and as delicate as he could.

"You’re the biggest teddy bear I've ever seen. Throw her over your shoulder and get on with it." He gave me a cut the shit out look, which he seemed to have down almost as perfect as Cat. He walked her into the quaint little house we shared, which was supposed to be temporarily but he just ended up staying.

The slut of the day was up and not to happy to see him carrying some girl in his arms. She started to cuss him out but I just threw her shit in her face and pushed her out of the door. Hmm I wonder what the neighbors would think if they saw a naked girl getting dressed in front of my house. He laid Cat on the couch and shot up and started rummaging thru his room for a little bit. When he came back he had his recent bed sheets in his hand and was headed to the laundry room.

He picked Cat up just as softly as before, as if she were glass or something, like is she would break somehow. Took her and laid her into his bed, he slowly pulled off the leather skin tight pants which amazed me.

Then put her under the covers and laid her head on his chest. Wow, if you told me it was humanly possible getting those skin tight pants off so smoothly with just a little tug I would have called you a liar. But he is the worlds biggest whore I'm sure he's had a lot of practice taking girls clothes off. With that thought in my mind I felt a pang in my chest. Nope I'm not going there. I got over that senior year I'm not going back to crushing over John again.

No way. So I sat up undid my pants and shirt went through one of John's dressers and pulled out one of his shirts, which was a perfect size for a nightie. I laid down beside him, putting my head on the other side of John's huge chest.

Mike

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing off the damn hook. I reached over to get the cordless but person was gone already. I was already up so I got my ass up and put on a pair of boxers briefs. I lay down on my couch and stretched out. I popped on the TV and put it on the cartoon network.

OK I know I just bitched and moaned about being an adult. But hello who the hell said adults can’t watch cartoons; within a few minutes though I was drifting off again. But right about the time I was going to sail away in my dreams the phone rang again. I groaned and grabbed the phone

"What" I said irritated.

"Hello to you too" said a female’s voice

"Oh give me a fucking break how the hell did you get my number?"

"Oh so is that how it is supposed to be" she said, irritation very evident in her voice.

"No that's not how its SUPPOSED to be that's how it IS" and with that I clicked the phone.

I looked at the answering machine and saw that I had 2 messages. Probably from her, how the hell did she get my number? I just moved in here. I don't even know the number by heart yet.

I for damn sure didn't give it to her, with that thought in my head I heard a knock. I automatically got mad, if she knew my number she knew where I lived. This better not be her I said as I walked to the door and there the bitch was looking at me with cold eyes.

As I opened the door, I saw soft brown long legs, a short skirt, black pumps and a black tight ladies suit jacket. It was Jennifer, my ex.

I looked at her and she looked at me for a while. I know why she's here, she knows why she's here. Hmm, I wonder how long it will take before she just says the inevitable. I moved from in front of the door gesturing her to come in.

She walked in slowly. You could tell instantly she was pissed. This suited me fine because I was pissed as well, but the best way to piss her off is indirectly. Just act fake and sweet and it would tick her off. Which was weird because that's exactly how she acted, I looked at her again. I hope she wont give me no damn holier than thou attitude.

"You want something to drink"

"Yeah thanks, I had a long day. I went to our apartment. Well, I guess I should say mine because all your stuff was gone. "

"Cool. I got coke, beer, sprite, orange, apple, cranberry and tango mango juice." I said ignoring her comment completely. She glared at me and finally

"A beer."

So I brought her the beer and we sat down completely uncomfortable. We sat there about 5 minutes, until she started kissing me, her hands sliding down my chest. At this moment I realized all I had on was my boxer briefs.

As her hand followed my treasure trail, she grabbed a hold of my umm... treasure. I can’t believe this crap, I could feel my food turn in the pit of my stomach. She disgusted me, I hated her. Her fakeness, her attitude and the way she looked at the world. My prick didn't agree with me of course. But hey all he's concerned about is getting into something wet and tight. I sat there looking at my wooden floors with my hands on my hips. Not reciprocating the affection she was showing, she finally realized I wasn't kissing her back.

So she slowly moved her hands away from my treasure, hoping that I would tell her to keep going. Of course I didn't. My treasure was screaming at me at the top of its hold on it doesn't have lungs. OK well treasure was making it abundantly clear he didn't agree with the big head.

I looked at her. I thought I saw a flicker of hurt in her eyes. But I know better then to know it was her pride hurt not her heart. "Have you ever loved me" I said. She was about to give the answer but I cut in. "Don't lie to me. I'm more of a job then a boyfriend to you. You’re just going through the motions with me. I know it and you know it so don't bullshit me."

She gasped a little and I knew I hit the nail right in the head. I looked over at her and her eyes wouldn't meet mine. "So tell me Jen what's the difference between you and a hooker." When I said that, I saw anger appear on her face. It was hilarious to me.

So I started laughing at her dead in her face which seemed to piss her off even more. She was quiet for a while and she said a comment under her breathe which didn't phase me a damn bit. She got up abruptly and started cussing me out in Spanish. Which made me laugh even more, I don't know why but the shit just seemed funny to me.

I mean look how fucking pathetic I am. I stayed with someone who I can’t stand at all for 7 months. Now that's pretty damn pathetic in my book. When she reached the door she looked at me with venom in her eyes and said "I'm a month late." With that she turned on her heels and left.

That last comment left me paralyzed. I didn't want to have a kid with her. That would be hell on earth. Fuck. Now I'm even more pathetic but this time it no longer seemed funny.

Jennifer

I jumped in my car and drove off, I looked back, he wasn't there. He's supposed to be at the damn door watching me leave, He didn't even move when I told him I was late. What he said was right.

I didn't love him. I mean I lusted for him but that was it. Yeah he's fine, he's rich and he should be mine dag nabbit. He was supposed to be the guy I married and had great looking kids with.

What about the beach house in Hawaii and California, the loft in Manhattan? Well, he already gave me that, the cabin in Connecticut, the trips to Peru, Italy, and Geneva.

What about the shopping sprees? And a nice big back account full of money? He's screwing with my damn plan. I've worked too hard for him to fuck me over. I'm going to get revenge. I've been seeing other men in secret.

But no one has as much money as he does. He is a really sweet guy though. But shit still I hate when people break up with me. I'm supposed to be the damn heartbreaker. I loathe him so much, he just gets under my nerves.

Well, I was thinking of keeping the baby but now I'm sure I do not want any thing to do with him. Even if I had the baby he would just sick himself and his brother on me and take me to court for the kid. And I know he's a great lawyer, one of the top at his fathers firm. And when he's determined to get something he gets it one way or the other. So I wouldn't get a cent, the audacity of him.

I pulled up to the clinic and sat in my car and stared at it for a while, I can do this. I don't want to be a mother, and I really don't want to be a broke mother. When he finds out it’ll cut him like a knife. I'll be the one with the last laugh.