All Comments on 'The Courtship Road'

by chilleywilley

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
Huedogg2Huedogg2about 11 years ago
Another one of CW stories with a message

Handicap part, very try. They are people and deserve our patient's and respect. But the rest is out there. I still don't see how it's his fault that she's a slut. She was kissing some guy, she was letting Mike fell her up and some how it's his fault for not fighting for her. Then he nearly get killed and instead of dumping her ass, they get married. WOW, next he'll have to fight King Authur for a chance to kiss her ass. 3***'s

Mousse9Mousse9about 11 years ago

Nice double standard. Question: Why wasn't SHE fighting for HIM?

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 11 years ago
Meandering Story Concerning Meandering Morals !

This is a minor work by one of Loving Wives major talents ( at least in my biased eyes) . The story here, however, lacks focus, although any number of worthy teaching points are ham-handedly espoused in it's telling. Adults behave as children & then by and large revert to mature ways.

I liked that theme of redemption & hope Chilly Willey takes it to heart when writing his next story. In terms of constructive advice I can only offer the fact that all of the author's narrator's seem to be 20-30 points higher then other characters and spouses. There's a smugness that pervades his stories as a body of work ambience that's disconcerting.

I'm fine with straining to be mentally acute but perhaps just a bit more Peter Falk's self effacing Columbo & a bit less Nero Wolfe. Please take this as advice from a fan who's quintuple starred multiple stories of yours & freely admits being a bit envious of your courage & ability to pit and put your thoughts out in the arena for review.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I liked it.

Not all stories have to follow a pattern. The story had a nice wandering flow that moved towards a good end.

bruce22bruce22about 11 years ago
Interesting Story

It was quite readable even though I believe that he was a complete idiot to marry Jane. For me Janie deserved more support than she did. CW is a really fine author.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanabout 11 years ago
My God

My neck got red just reading this. Chilli if you turn this into a series I know where it will lead. Jane is not someone worth marrying. Her actions at the pub telegraph how she will act in the future. And if John isn't there her actions will be worse. This was a very entertaining read, just a little to hillbilly. *****

Ps there is an editor's note on page 1 I believe, you should remove it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Good Work

Your fight scene was especiallly very well written. I could visualize the whole thing as if I were there. One little nit, though: Mike did not invite John to be a "groom." John could be the best man or a groomsman, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
who you wanna sell for dumb ?

As a guess, Mike was 40% of the problem, I was 50% and you were the remaining 15%. = very good calculating

"I was as horrified as you when Mike attacked you = "You're my hero! You're the winner, and to the winner go the spoils!" = very shocked and horrified

and last but not least , it was his fault of course.

very funny

cyrilliccyrillicabout 11 years ago
105%

I think Jane should also have stuck to soft drinks. Good story 4*.

Are the percentages of the problem really supposed to total 105%?

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 11 years ago
Plate of spaghetti

The various themes of this story map out like a plate of (cooked) spaghetti. 'Millworker' does NOTHING in this story! What purpose in leaving it in? Less than the *editing note* which Thinkingman caught!

The valuable lessons about the 'special' folks only interacts with Hubby's rocky progress with (eventual) Sweetie in a few minor ways. Since that 'public service announcement' had NO erotic content, the Sweetie development HAD to be the main theme! However, the PSA was done better than the main theme ... and felt better, as well!

Have to mention that the redundant inclusion of the penultimate and ultimate words in Sentence ONE predisposed me to a chary reading of this submission! (Well, maybe not 'chary' but it IS a word I like to slip in if it comes close to fitting!)

3*

SparksWillFlySparksWillFlyabout 11 years ago
A Man of Principal

Becomes a Moral Relativist. Not likely. The switch in his attitude was unconvincing and unrewarding. Her true nature was displayed on that dance floor and is likely to emerge throughout their ill-advised marriage. Three stars.

ythebadgerythebadgerabout 11 years ago
Good to see a decent depiction of

those less fortunate - that was the plus side. The story, however, didn't really work. No matter that he'd wiped the images from his phone camera, they would always remain in his mind. Sorry, I won't mark it down because it had some enjoyable elements, but it just didn't work overall for me.

ACP45ACP45about 11 years ago
How was it his fault?

Seems to me that if she was committed, he shouldn't have to monitor her actions. I really can't see how he was responsible in any way, especially since he tried to get her to leave before things got completely out of hand. It's sort of a tough call but personally I think I would let her slide and head on down the road.

Sid0604Sid0604about 11 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

FD45FD45about 11 years ago
Hmm.

I would be a bit more impressed by his dedication to Christianity if he wasn't sampling her wares two paragraphs after he finished lecturing her and taking her to task for not taking her faith seriously.

Maybe he's selective...

The special needs stuff is a bit preachy and heavy handed, but that is one of the pleasures of being an author: you get to tell the important morals you believe in.

Here is a problem. I was about to disagree with Huedogg on diminished capacity. She stated during her reconcilliation attempt that she was drunk as a skunk and didn't remember a damned thing she did. BUT...in the aftermath of the fight...you know...five minutes later...SHE is the one he picks as 'sober enough' to drive this guy to the hospital.

Darn these nit picking commenters!

I am easy with the flow of the story, though leaving the narrator's comment is a rookie mistake and there were some really odd sentence structures in the piece, though I don't recall them.

I would also respectfully submit that there is a difference between an act of ignorance, which is what Kate(?) did with Janie and an act of malice, which was that Jane pulled on Desmond. "To the victor goes the spoils!" She was getting into the fight! She blatantly ignored CLEAR and CAREFULLY worded warnings...because she was drunk...and then sober.

Of course, there was the missing ingredient in this story which you find pretty much i all DQS stories. Jane did not disparage his manhood and sexual ability in the cruelest possible way, which adds a poigniant flavor which can't be imitated...except perhaps by Matt.

rcrmonte3rcrmonte3about 11 years ago
Good Job!

I could only give you 4* due to many grammar errors, but, as the Father of a Special Needs son, I 'm glad you treated Special Needs as well as you did. At first, you were not happy with "those" people, but that reaction is from fear & ignorance of people who are different from you & me. You found out what they could do and their personalities and learned to work with them. Most people who were born with special needs, don't know any different and are happy with their lives. My son, who is quadriplegic, epileptic, and legally blind is very popular at school--he always has a smile--into sports, and is very close to being an Eagle Scout. He accepted his situation a long time ago and has progressed from there. Thank you for a story that treats Special Needs people with the dignity, respect, and sensitivity they deserve.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago

Thanks for the offering.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Author's comment

About the 105 percent? People speaking, especially under stress, make all sorts of errors& misstatements. Likewise, several people see an event but recall it differently. After the fact, it's hard to know exactly what happened.

And lastly people bend the truth, so when my characters speak, none are 100 percent reliable. There's ambiguity there.

Chilled

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
His mistake?

Let's see. He talks to her early in the evening and says stop what you're doing. She says I can handle Mike and she let's him handle her. How is that his fault.

Ended too quickly. And I think there would definately be trouble with this girl going forward. Agree with the grammer/spelling comments. Very off putting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great Effort

But it rambled. You left in your editor's notes. Re-set your spell-check for whether.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A good story, but...

...very preachy and covered a lot of ground that way from religion to politics to helping the less fortunate to...a bit much.

I enjoy your stories for the most part. Good characters, witty, clever, even laugh out loud funny some times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
hates whores but loves...

drinking gallons of jizz, what a weirdo....

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 10 years ago
Revisionist

At the pub, he DID come up to her and tried to stop it. She blew him off( not in a good way), said she could handle it and just acted the slut. His only fault was MAYBE not telling her then and there they were done.

After that behavior, I think he would at least want a LONG engagement to get back the trust. And that false comparison to the incident in the kitchen was just absurd.

This did NOT seem to be headed for a happy ending five years down the road.

BBbrainbillBBbrainbillalmost 10 years ago
Some lessons here

A real thinking read with some very good moral lessons dealing with the less fortunate souls among us that are salvageable in todays society. Excellent examples of allowing them to achieve the dignity that is due them by contributing something back to the system that, for the most part, ignores them because they "act differently". Kudos for the lessons in taking the time for reflection and understanding. Not your typical "Loving Wives" story. 5 big stars. Thank you.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 10 years ago
DITTO what BBrainbill said !

I have a very real capacity to get peeved when one half of a married ( or engaged ) couple acts egregiously. The better the author is at detailing the perfidiousness, the more heated I get. Well by my lights, Chilley excels at that and many other facets of telling a tale. I missed the full impact of broader lessons of treating those with ' challenges' in their life and seeing their humanity.

On first read, I thought that subplot was merely admirable. Now I think its wonderful and really the main lesson far beyond male-female mutual gaffes. I scored this at four stars then. Shame on me. I'm glad the previous comment nudged me to co-recognize the import of not going with snap judgements about anything. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
What a TOTALLY fucked up story!

Only someone fully depraved could write such shit.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 9 years ago
Screw the previous comment and pity the it's anonymous trolling author

Excellent story. I've read it multiple times and marvel at a fresh nuances that reunfolds itself with each encore. This time , the description of the fight excelled with its unchoreographed , in the moment lethal nature combined with forgiveness of drunken ostensible, lout opponent and subsequent reveal of drunkard's underlying humanity. Kudos.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 9 years ago
Great thoughts being stimulated here -

Should he have intervened quicker - MAYBE

Should she have been doing what she was whether he was there or not or intervening or not - NO and she knew it.

Was she at fault for the 2 incidents that shook his trust - yes

Should he tolerate he behavior - NO

Might they work it out if they were real - I think so but I would watch very closely -

Now the important stuff - you brought out exceedingly important questions about appearances and responses - about the basic natures of people and how we treat each other -

The handicapped or disabled or less abled or otherwise abled - whatever the politically correct bullshit title is this week - those who look, behave or just seem different to us - are not less or worse - or deserving of pity or shame or anything but what everyone of us wants - recognition for who and what we are and what we CAN do.

That simple dignity should be offered to anyone - including stupid drunks - when you can do it and avoid harm - that means there needs to be a real threat - if there is a real threat - all bets are off - protect you and yours then worry about the other guy.

mike9698mike9698over 9 years ago
good story

i agree that he shouldve tried to stop things before they got that far. but lets be honest, was it his job to stop things. his wife is a very big flirt. to the point of being a slut about it.if she will act like that in front of him what is she doing when he is not around? when you cant trust someone you shouldnt be married to them.

impo_60impo_60over 9 years ago
He could have stopped it...but...

He could have stopped it...but that wouldn't solve the problem of her loosing control, of her not be able to see where she should stop...With his radical attitude he showed her what the right way was if she really wanted to marry him. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
One star rating

I gave it one star because that was the lowest rating available.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
zzzzzzzzz

Long, meandering story with some stupid morals in it.

I just don't understand why he had to fight for her at all. She was a slut and a bitch - leave her there and let asshole keep her. Why the fuck would anyone want to marry her?

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
Annonyslept thru his honeymoon too!

that's why his ex wife now, fucked the bell boy and the waiter and anyone else that came down the hallway!!! Gave this a 5

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Interesting read sort of

She was 100% wrong.

Mike was just playing with what she was giving and she had already cheated by going on a date and open mouth kissing another man.

I personally would have left her to her stupid self at that point.

When it got to the wedding.....

I would have leveled Mike, leaving a mess for the medics to clean up and never looked back at the stupid cunt that started it.

Women that stupid probably shouldn't reproduce anyway.

I liked some directions this story went however. His consideration and point of view about helping Mike and making Jane do it as well as making her apologize to him were classy and I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

I agree with sightsound 100% :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

illiterate cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
agree with silentshitstain and with

huecuck, closet cuckolds are also internet hard men, we would steven seagal those fictional characters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a Dumb Shit

He should of divorced her dumb ass.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
Surprised

Woulda expected CW’s editor to point out the ‘groom’ vice ‘groomsman’ in the penultimate sentence.

Agree with the editor notes that CW just left IN instead of acting on them. I’d ask for any edited comments be entered in yelliw, and corrections in red.

4*. Thanks for the reads.

QuintiusQuintiusover 4 years ago
Two stories poorly connected

On the one hand you've got an interesting story about a guy who learns how to adapt and be patient and open minded with people who have disabilities. He's a good boss, he learns how to deal with people who behave unusually without disrespecting them or treating them as though they're different, and he has a genuine fondness for them once he gets to know them. Along the way he dates a woman and reminds her of what she should be practicing in the way of tolerance and being unprejudiced.

Then you've got this other, weird assed story about a guy with a short fuse who's confrontational yet inexplicably puts up with a ration of shit from the woman he's dating. Yet this is the same guy as the first one I mention above. He and his manipulative liar of a girlfriend go to a wedding where she acts like a total skank, gets him into trouble by slutting it up with a guy she went to school with, then gets pissed when he justifiably dumps her. After she mentioned that she "has a thing for warriors" I had no doubt in my mind that she was purposely provoking a fight between John and Mike. She allowed Mike to feel her up and finger her on the dance floor because she knew what it would cause. When it did, she purposely ignored John telling her to get the bartender and he's a complete fool for believing her bullshit story that she was frozen in fear. I also have no doubt that, had John lost, she would have fucked the royal shit out of Mike.

When John dumped her I pretty much cheered. He stood up for himself and didn't allow this manipulative skank to disrespect him any longer. So, it was that much more disappointing when she EASILY convinced him to take her back. Her story about having had too much to drink at the wedding, as well as not knowing Mike was hiking up her skirt and telling John she went without panties to turn him on, were all complete bullshit. I think I hurt my eyes rolling them when the sucker actually fell for it and married her. Dumb ass. Someone like her can't be trusted. By that time I no longer had any interest in this story.

So, you have two stories that really have very little to do with one another jammed into one mess of a narrative. In all honesty, chilley should have just stuck with the first part and left the rest of this meandering nonsense out of it. Jane became completely unlikable and John had basically two personalities. Very sloppy writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WIERD

But interesting.

Or maybe,

Interesting (partly) because weird.

Made it entertaining -- that's what I want from Literotica.

Paul in Oklahoma

kmreaderkmreaderalmost 4 years ago
Jane’s just off

Not only is her math off, but so is her logic but that’s most likely due to the amount of alcohol she consumed and her lack of detailed memory. I mean if she can’t remember Mike flashing her bare ass and bits to the entire crowd then surely she doesn’t remember John stepping in and trying to warn her before things got out of hand. For his part he failed to mention that she was wrong in saying he allowed things to go to far before stepping in. Maybe these two deserve each other after all. I’m seeing trouble at some point in the future. I mean two different incidents, one much more serious than the other, in the short time they’re dating. What’s John going to do when Billy returns from the military and Jane catches wind of it?

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Wrong

Wrong ending,he shouldn't have taken her back.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Good plot, but the text needs heavy editing - it even contains editors notes still embedded in page 1 (I think). 4 stars.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

interesting characters ad besides the "cheating" they give me a lot to think about

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous