The Cowboy Way Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Turn right up here," she said.

Ryley downshifted, the RPM's and engine noise climbing as the Camaro slowed and turned onto a fairly busy main street. They growled through a nice town with an old time air to it. Big picture windows displayed various stores and venders and people were walking around shopping, eating and enjoying the late spring air.

Seeing the sign for the performance shop, Ryley swung the Camaro into a parking spot lining the street and cut the engine. Jessica looked over at him as he climbed out of the car. He turned back to her.

"You going to wait here?" he asked.

She nodded and smiled up at him. "Yeah."

"All right, I'll be back in a few minutes."

He turned and walked across the sidewalk and inside the store. Jessica watched him go, her eyes lingering on his ass and narrow waist and then his broad shoulders. She giggled as thoughts spun in her mind.

"Oh my god," said a startled, bubbly voice. "Jessica Simpson?"

Jessica looked in the other direction and saw a group of teenage girls, either out on lunch break or recently dismissed from school. She smiled at them and they all squealed with delight and ran over. Jessica opened the door to the Camaro and stepped out on to the pavement.

"Are you really Jessica?" asked the same girl.

She nodded. "Yeah, I am."

"Oh my God! Can we have your autograph?"

"Sure, what's your names?"

"I'm Jennifer, this is Kristin and that's Suzanne."

"Hi," said the other girls in unison.

Jennifer handed her a marker and then began fishing through her backpack, finally producing a CD. It was Jessica's Irresistible and she smiled as she took the case and opened it up. She signed her autograph with a big thank you and a heart.

"Thanks, Jessica," Jennifer said as she took the CD back.

Jessica stood there signing the other girls' things.

"What are you doing here?" Jennifer asked.

"I'm actually shooting a video in the next town over."

"Wow, what's the name of the song?"

"It's a new one called Things That Were. It's about a girl looking back on high school and remembering how everything used to be."

"Neat. Who's the guy you're with? That's not Nick is it?"

Jessica smiled. "No, that's the stunt driver for the video, Ryley Hale."

The girls gasped. "Oh God," Kristin sighed. "He's the one who was going out with Britney, the one who saved Mandy's life and the one who we saw with Christina in that tabloid."

Jessica smiled. "That would be Ryley."

"He is gorgeous," Suzanne said.

"Yeah, but what are you guys doing together?" Jennifer asked.

"Well, we broke a part on the car we're using and had to come over here to get a new one."

"Uh huh," Jennifer said, giving her friends a knowing look.

Jessica's mile faded. "Girls, there's nothing else going on, okay? You're right, he's gorgeous, but so is my husband, remember?"

"Yeah, but not as gorgeous as Ryley."

THE NEXT DAY

The Camaro threw up dense clouds of white smoke as it spun in a long and continuous circle. The newly installed motor sang an incredible song as Jessica stood watching with the cast and crew. She was amazed at how well Ryley could drive, he truly was an artist except cars were his brush and the ground his canvas. His driving was really going to spice up the video.

There was something else that was going into the video, which was going to spice it up as well. Something that she had yet to reveal to Ryley and something she had gotten permission from Nick to do. Strangely, he had given her his consent with a simple wave of his hand and a dismissive reply. Jessica wondered what it was going to be like to kiss Ryley.

As she had this thought, the Camaro came sideways out of it's smoky circle and roared across the parking lot. The wheels locked up and the Camaro spun a hundred and eighty degrees and slid to a stop, neatly tucked into a parking space. Some of the crew cheered as Ryley climbed out of the car and gave a comic bow to his audience.

He walked over towards the group of people who were beginning to get ready for the final shot, the one Jessica was nervous over. Ryley walked up to her, where she stood with the cheerleading team and smiled down at her. He picked his Stetson up off the table and placed it on his head, shielding his eyes from the sun.

"You ready for the final shot or what?" he asked.

Jessica nodded. "Yeah."

"You know you still haven't told me what it is."

"Well," Jessica said as TJ started up the Camaro and carefully drove it out to the center of the football field, trying not to tear up the grass. "Can I talk to you in private?"

Ryley sensed she was nervous. "Sure," he said.

"Excuse us," Jessica said to the girls on the cheerleading team and led Ryley around the back of the bleachers and behind a wooden fence.

"What's up, Jessica?" he asked. "You okay?"

She shook her head. "I'm nervous."

"About what?"

"This scene."

"Why?"

Jessica swallowed. "Ryley, we kiss."

Ryley's eyebrows rose a fraction of an inch. "Oh. So why are you so nervous?"

"Ryley!" she hissed, her eyes wide. "I haven't kissed anyone else since before I met Nick!"

"So then you don't know how to go about this, am I right?"

Jessica lowered her face. "Yeah. I'm so embarrassed."

"What kind of kiss, does this have to be?"

"Just an ordinary kiss," she replied, her face still lowered.

Ryley took a step towards her and placed his finger under her chin. He gently lifted her face until it was raised to his. Sliding his hand up the curve of her lower jaw, he gently wrapped his fingers around the side of her throat to the back of her neck, his thumb delicately caressing her earlobe. Jessica's eyes fluttered at his touch.

"Close your eyes," Ryley said.

She closed them. Ryley could feel her heart racing through the pulse under his hand and Jessica's breathing increased. Wetting his lips slightly, Ryley lowered his face to hers and closed his eyes as their lips met. He didn't try to use his tongue at all, merely kissed her on the lips in a long slow motion.

Jessica's hands rose up to hold Ryley but paused midway. They hung there for a few seconds as if contemplating their next move then her arms encircled his back and her hands found the back of his neck. Ryley placed his other hand on her waist as he pulled out of the kiss.

"How was that?" he asked.

Jessica opened her eyes after a moment. "More," she said. "It needs more."

"More?" he asked, enjoying the feel of her warm supple body against his.

Jessica gave him a breathless nod. Ryley was sad to see her so worked up over such a little kiss. But it turned him on extremely.

"More how? Like open lipped?"

Jessica nodded again, her fingers playing with Ryley's hair. He smiled and leaned in to kiss her again. This time Jessica's lips opened and so did Ryley's. He sucked her lower lip, lightly into his and clearly tasted the strawberry lip-gloss. Jessica moaned into his mouth and then quickly pulled back.

"What about that?"

"It needs to be hotter," she stated.

Ryley wrapped both his arms around her waist, pulling her tightly against his body.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," she replied immediately.

They both moved in for the kiss in the same instant. This time their mouths opened and Jessica slid her tongue into his mouth to find his. Ryley didn't keep her waiting, he met her tongue in the center and they greeted each other like best friends. He could feel her body melting into his as she pressed her curves against him.

Jessica moaned as she stood up on her tiptoes, eagerly seeking Ryley's affection. Not wishing to let her down, Ryley returned her passion with a growing fire and lifted her off the ground by her waist and held her against him. Jessica's lips eagerly continued their assault on his and their tongues were dueling like two snakes.

Ryley found himself wishing the moment could last forever and that this girl wasn't married, happily or otherwise. Jessica pulled her lips away from his, holding his lower lip in a lingering embrace before she opened her eyes. She seemed suddenly nervous, her eyes searching Ryley's for something.

He set her back on her feet and reluctantly released her.

"Oh God," Jessica said, her hand rising to her mouth.

Ryley hugged her gently. "Jessica, calm down. It doesn't have to mean anything beyond what you tell yourself."

Jessica was breathing raggedly on the verge of breaking down. "I just- I just, oh no."

"Calm down Jessica. Take it easy," Ryley said, his voice soothing.

Jessica took several deep breaths and seemed to relax. "You're right, Ryley."

He released her and she stepped back. Ryley looked over her form, which seemed flushed under the blue and white cheerleading uniform.

"You okay?" he asked.

She nodded. "Yeah, I think so. Are you ready to shoot this?"

"After you," he said, stepping aside and waving his arm in a dramatic gesture.

"Thank you," she replied, her tone playful as she skipped past him.

Ryley groaned as he fell into step behind her and she cast him a look over her shoulder that was all smiles and sparkling brown eyes. If he didn't know any better, Ryley would swear she was being flirtatious. Jessica walked across the football field to join the producer and the crew. Ryley walked over and examined his reflection in the finish of the Camaro.

The costumers had let him wear his own clothes, since the costume already consisted of jeans, a T-shirt and cowboy boots, all of which Ryley had a steady supply of. The only thing that had been added was a black silk shirt, which they had left unbuttoned and contrasted nicely with the white T-shirt and faded jeans. Turning around, Ryley leaned back against the driver's side door, his position until the director told him otherwise.

The director called for quiet and yelled action. The sound system on the sidelines cued up and the music began to play over the speakers. Ryley watched as Jessica, flanked by the entire cheerleading team began to dance provocatively. The sound of her voice, which Ryley already knew would be dubbed along with the music later on, carried to his ears. She had one hell of a voice, he thought as he kept a cool expression on his face for the cameras positioned around him.

He remained where he was until Jessica spun a hundred and eighty degrees to face him. Even from thirty yards away Ryley could see the intense look she was fixing him with, whether it was for him or the cameras was hard to tell. The cheerleading team also spun and waited for Jessica to walk through them before following her across the field, stepping in rhythm with the music.

When the director yelled for him to do so, Ryley stepped away from the Camaro and stood a few feet away. He already knew what he was supposed to do, so he waited while Jessica walked around him, her hand running across his chest and around his back, her eyes roving over his body in a hungry manner. When she was in front of him and walking away Ryley reached out and grabbed her hand.

He pulled her back to him and she spun in a graceful pirouette, her long blonde hair swinging out from her head, and right into his arms. Ryley wrapped his arms around her lower back and leaned his forehead against hers. Jessica's breathing was making her chest heave from the singing and dancing, as their eyes remained locked.

Her lines were finished for the video, though the song continued. Slowly, they moved their lips together, closing their eyes a moment before they touched. When they did, Jessica kissed him with a hungry intensity, her tongue meeting his and her hands going to the back of his head.

They kissed for several seconds and then Jessica's one hand slid down his back and around to the front of his jeans. It slithered into his pocket and moved around, brushing against his leg and the head of his cock before it closed on the keys to the Camaro. She yanked them out and Ryley moved back from the kiss in mock surprise as Jessica laughed and pushed him away.

Ryley threw up his hands in mock anger as Jessica jumped into the driver's seat of the Camaro. She started the motor and revved it, dumping the clutch into first gear. The tires spun, kicking up grass and dirt as the Camaro roared across the football field.

"Cut!" yelled the director.

The Camaro slid to a stop in the end zone and Jessica climbed from the car. Everyone began cheering and congratulating each other. The cheerleaders all ran past Ryley, giving him little sideways glances, as they ran over to Jessica who hugged them all. Ryley walked over to the Camaro as well, shaking the hands of the cameramen who had been filming the scene around the car.

When he reached Jessica she was still encircled by the group of cheerleaders.

"Jessica, that was awesome!" cried one girl.

"Yeah," said another. "That kiss was so hot!"

"Yeah," Ryley said and they all turned to him. "You can drive a manual too."

Jessica smiled at him and one of the girls leaned over and whispered in Jessica's ear. She turned to the girl and smiled. Ryley was curious as the girl turned to Ryley and smiled, blushing.

"Okay, girls," Jessica said. "Thanks for your help, I'll see you all in a little while."

The girls kind of dispersed, running back to the sidelines to gather up their things. Jessica walked over to Ryley and shyly slid her arm into his.

"Walk with me?" she asked him.

He nodded. "Sure."

They walked around the football field past the bleachers and towards the trailers. Ryley sensed Jessica wanted to say something to him, but he made no move to urge her towards speaking. They merely walked in silence until they came to the edge of the parking lot where the crew was busy breaking down everything and packing it up. TJ was also busy packing up the Camaro and their tools. They were going to head home that night.

"So, Ryley," Jessica said, looking up at him. "What are you doing tonight?"

"We're going to head home, actually."

Jessica looked crestfallen. "Oh."

"Why, Jess, what's on your mind?"

"Well I told the girls on the cheerleading team that I would help them out tonight."

Ryley cocked an eyebrow. "Help them with what?"

"They're- I mean the team is having a fundraiser to raise money to fight childhood leukemia. It's like a fair kind of thing over at the local racetrack."

"The racetrack?"

Jessica smiled. "Yeah, I know, it's your type of place. But the fire department is holding like an auction and there's supposed to be all these big wig rich people there. Anyways, the girls were wondering if you could come and help out too."

Ryley sighed. "I don't know, Jessica. We have to get back."

"Ryley," Jessica said, her voice low and plaintive as she looked up at him through her eyelashes and then flipped her hair back. "I was kind of hoping you could help out."

He paused and smiled. "Let me get cleaned up. You want to ride there with me?"

She nodded and smiled. "Yeah."

"Okay, I'll meet you in like twenty minutes?"

Jessica smiled and stood up on her tiptoes giving Ryley a kiss on the cheek.

LATER THAT NIGHT

By the look on Jessica's face Ryley guessed that she had had no idea the thing would be this big. There were probably five thousand people moving around the parking area and the grandstands of the racetrack. Ryley patiently sat in line with the other cars being directed into parking spaces. Finally they came to a couple of girls wearing orange vests directing traffic.

They immediately recognized Jessica and waved them around the line of cars. Several other groups of girls directing traffic continued to wave them past until they were at the staging area of the drag strip. Ryley looked over at Jessica who smiled as they sat in the burnout box.

Large groups of people began to climb into the grandstands and line the fence along the track. The lights of the ET board flashed on, as did the staging lights. Ryley looked over at all the people lining the rack and the growing roar of their combined voices. Another car, a wicked sounding Hemi 'Cuda pulled up in the opposing lane.

"Jessica, this goes beyond helping out," Ryley said.

She smiled. "Sorry, but this means a lot to these kids."

Ryley clenched his teeth and looked over at the guy behind the wheel of the 'Cuda. He was about thrity-ish with long dark hair and a mean sneer on his face. Ryley looked back down the track, his adrenaline beginning to pump.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," said a booming voice over the loudspeakers. "Thank you for joining us tonight to aid in the fight against childhood leukemia. And now for the main event

"Your very own, local quarter mile champion driving his infamous Hemi 'Cuda, George Barnes!"

A cheer rose among the crowd and the 'Cuda's motor screamed in response. The guy pulled forwards into the burnout box and began smoking the shit out of his slicks. He released the line lock and the car fishtailed forwards and then backed up to the starting line.

"And now," said a familiar voice. Ryley looked over at the tower and saw TJ standing in the booth, holding the microphone. "Former Winston Cup Rookie of the year, Ryley Hale, the Sandman, driving the black 2002 Camaro SS."

Jessica grabbed onto the seat so hard her knuckles turned white as Ryley revved the motor and dumped the clutch. The rear tires of the Camaro spun wickedly, the rear of the car shimmying and shaking as it sat still, throwing up plumes of dense white smoke. Ryley let off the gas slightly and the Camaro rolled forwards out of the burnout box and into the staging lanes.

They came to a stop, the amber lights winking on next to them as Ryley aligned the front and rear tires with the trip lasers. The sound of the crowd rose relative to the sound of the rumbling Hemi next to them and the smoother, but undeniable snarl of the tweaked LS1. Jessica's heart was pounding as she glanced from Ryley to the light tree next to her.

The red lights winked out and the amber lights began to wink on in a descending series. When the last set of amber lights winked on, Ryley feathered the clutch out and the Camaro sprang forwards in the same instant as the green lights winked on. The 'Cuda roared next to them and leaped off the line its front wheels hanging almost two feet off the ground as the car surged forwards.

Jessica looked over at Ryley, who's eyes were focused straight ahead on the finish line. As she watched Ryley hit the clutch and shifted into second so fast Jessica could barely see his hand move. Looking over at the 'Cuda, she could see it was still ahead of them, but no longer gaining ground.

The LS1 continued to scream, as Ryley slammed third, keeping the motor wound up tight at six thousand RPM. Jessica looked over at the 'Cuda and saw they were now dead even with the car, its motor a screaming 426 cubic inch beast under the shaker hood. Ryley grabbed fourth and floored the gas.

The lighter Camaro sprang ahead and pulled incessantly on the gleaming Chrysler all the way across the finish line. Ryley let off the gas and let the Camaro slow down. The wind whipped past them, its roar a pleasant silence after the screaming of two very powerful motors. Jessica breathed an excited sigh of pent up tension as they turned onto the narrow road leading back to the grandstands.

They pulled into a cordoned off area amidst the fair and were quickly surrounded by cheering crowds. Ryley shut the Camaro off and looked over at Jessica. He smiled, his eyes glowing and she sensed that somehow he was different. Smiling back at him, she climbed out of the Camaro and waved to the people around the car.

Ryley climbed out of the car as the 'Cuda pulled to a stop next to the Camaro. The driver got out and walked around the car to face Ryley. He smiled and held out his hand. Ryley shook it.

"Nice driving," said George.

Ryley smiled. "Thanks, a lot, man. That is the most gorgeous Barracuda I have ever laid eyes on."