The Crystal Rainbow Ch. 11-15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Nyasia
Nyasia
20 Followers

"Ah! So, she can control herself! Most surprising in one so young and in one with no teaching. You may be a worthy student, girl."

The source of the rumbling, taunting, egotistical bass was as Christine suspected. It was the small mushroom.

"And, who is it that believes I require a teacher? Better yet, who says I want you as a teacher?"

Christine returned with a cold, regal haughtiness that belied her years and a complete lack of fear.

"Hmmm … the child has spirit, too. Most interesting. I have not been this pleasantly entertained by a mortal in many a year. Tell me, child, do you honestly believe your uncontrolled magiks can rival mine? I am Leshii Basajaun, Lord of the Forest. I am Shapeshifter, Magician and Teacher. You would do well to be impressed and honored that I deign to act as your tutor. You will learn from me or you will suffer the consequences of your refusal and die."

Christine's eyes narrowed and flames seemed to kindle once more in their depths. She crossed her arms over her breasts and stared intently at the innocent fungus clinging to the cave wall. She opened her mouth to speak, but a clap of thunder and an enraged female voice interrupted her.

"You dare threaten one of the bloodline of Diamanté, Master Fae? I think not! Your woodland magiks are insignificant and unnecessary to her. You shall allow her to leave this place and return to her proper teacher or you shall answer to me. Do you wish to cross my will, Spirit? Again, I think not! Leave off and suffer this place with your presence no more, if you cannot act appropriately. Her training is not for the likes of you to attempt. No male is worthy as well you know. I shall defer to your small place of power this one time, but consider well before you take this any further, Master of the Forest."

Diamanté's voice echoed through the cave, her angry voice dripping with disdain as she spoke her final words.

The pale mushroom trembled and then popped off the cave wall. It tumbled to the dirt floor and rolled, stopping in the center of the cave entrance. Christine silently watched with growing horror as the bit of fungus began to bulge and writhe, growing larger and changing from pale tan to dark brown. The stubby form elongated and began to take on the shape of an incredibly tall man with skin that resembled dark brown pine bark. A long face stretched into shape, framed with hair, eyebrows and a beard of bright green moss and eyes of blackest pitch. His clothes appeared unkempt and tattered, but upon closer inspection, Christine discovered they were made of leaves. His fingers and toes were long root-like appendages, wrinkled and gnarled, as was his nose. She found his appearance neither revolting nor appealing. She simply wished to return to the cottage in the wood. Her head still ached and she missed Erik, and Helen, very much. Her musing ceased and she frowned as she realized that the being's position prevented her from leaving the cave.

"Really, sir. Do you not think that the wisest course of action would be to allow me to leave here? If you allow me to return to my friends, I might consider one day accepting you as my tutor. Of course, I must complete my instructions with Madame Helen and Diamanté and fulfill a dream of my papa's before I would be free to begin learning from you. While I do appreciate that you do not offer to take on pupils often, I have prior obligations. I hope you understand that I must act responsibly in regards to my heritage and the wishes of my papa. So, will you allow me to pass, sir?"

The tree-like man shifted out of the cave entrance, his limbs sounded like branches creaking in the wind and he again chuckled, but this time softly. His voice gentle and amused.

"Well spoken, child. You are indeed a worthy pupil and I shall wait the time when you seek me out to learn of the fae magiks. You may pass and return to those who urgently seek for you."

He gave one last soft chuckle. Then, with a flash, transformed into a wolf and bounded away into the forest.

The young woman's shoulders sagged and her head bowed. She gingerly touched the back of her head and winced as her fingers found a large knot caked with dried blood.

"Well, that explains the headache, but why do my ribs hurt?"

She sighed and cautiously walked out of the cave. At the edge of the trees, she paused. Looking back at the cave entrance, she realized that the fire no longer burned within the cave.

"Wonderful! No more fire, so I cannot make a torch to light my way. Not that a torch would do much good as I have no idea where I am. I see no path and even if I did, I would not know if it would take me to the cottage. Hmmm … well, since Diamanté spoke to Leshii, I can only hope that means she knows where I am. I think I shall stay right here and hope she leads Erik and Helen to me."

An amused smirk crossed the young woman's tired features.

"Diamanté certainly has quite a temper and has no qualms about making her feelings known. What a character she is. I do believe that my life has taken quite an unexpected turn. Who would have thought that a lowly servant would receive this much attention? Hmmm … indeed, my life seems to be taking quite an unexpected path, but I am not complaining in the least. After all, this path brought Erik to me. Just thinking of him makes me feel less cold. In fact, thoughts of him make me feel rather warm. I do believe I shall take a seat under that tree and wait for my rescuers to find me. I wonder if Erik will be disappointed that he will not need to save me."

A slight giggle escaped her lips and settling comfortably against the tree trunk, Christine drifted off to sleep.

Nyasia
Nyasia
20 Followers