All Comments on 'The Damp, Gray Gone Ch. 01'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments (Page 2)
mackenzie51mackenzie51almost 12 years ago
Superlative

Every aspect of your writing is superb. Please continue with your God given gift for storytelling. I cannot find words to show sufficient admiration of your skills.Thank you and ignore the nit-pickers and jealous wannabe's

mackenzie51

MadBrownMadBrownalmost 12 years ago
ROSCOVICH! GO BACK TO READING WAR AND PEACE!

How could anyone think this story is boring. Inattentive husband!? Hell, I think he was too good. Just consider what you would feel in his place.

Danger09Danger09over 11 years ago
Very nice story

I think Luke is too good for her, I'd love it if my husband would cook & do the laundry without being Asked/ told. She's a fucking moron. Anytime a woman says I want a separation, I need some space to figure out where my life is going, is code for: I've met a guy that I'm interested in sucking & fucking, maybe see where it'll all go--but--I still want us to stay married... She's using him ( luke) as a backup plan in case her fantasy about her "white knight" becomes a complete nightmare. If she's not happy with her life, she should try to figure out why by going to a counselor or better yet her ficking husband, but she chosed to confide in this guy she's smitten with instead, and most likely this guy is filling her head with pure bullshit. Luke repeated asked her what was wrong she refused his assistance, she chosed to talk to loved boy regarding her stuck in a rut life but she failed to realize this guy doesn't know shit about her family life except from her point of view, she's barely home , Luke takes care of the kid, she's a pop 'n' go mom, pops in at 5' o'clock pops out at 9 am. If all she needed was time to figure things out I'm sure Luke wouldn't of objected by what she really wanted was time to spend with lover boy.

RhomanovRhomanovover 11 years ago
LMAO!!

First to Danger09 - yes, we men who do house work exist - and bring in the majority of the household income. Chuckle :-)

Rehnquist - nice pace, nice detail. Feels like you are setting this up really well.

Thx

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 11 years ago
Yes there are some of us

who help cook, clean the house and take care of the kids. My ex wife and I had an arrangement. Monday through Friday I would cook supper since I got home before her and she would fix the meals on the weekends. The result, home cooked meals Monday though Friday and eating out or take home on the weekend. lol She's my ex because she couldn't keep her legs together when I wasn't around.

kansasjackkansasjackalmost 11 years ago
You said it in the beginning ...

So many LW stories with the same basic premise but the difference is all in how it is framed. You kind sir are a Master at framing. Seriously, I was married 19 years the first time, 20 years and counting this time, but unless you are scum of the earth how does the wife suddenly decide you aren't the one. Some women are masters when it comes to carving a guy's heart right out of his chest. And the guy has to stand there and just watch.

Keep on keeping on Rehnquist ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Pure Selfish heartless Cunt

Why would you have the husband be such a wimp. Right from the time in the garage where she told him that he was boring and being with him and their won does not fir in with rhe lifestyle she wants now. He should have just said "ok bye" It was very clear that she is a selfish heartless cunt. Why go through all of the bullshit of fighting for someone like that. Who in their right mind would want someone like that. Her excuses were total bullshit that only a selfish person would use. I hope he grows a set in the nxt chapter or there is no point reading further

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I'm hooked

This is my first exposure to this writer and he is GOOD. I have read several others and I think I'm now hooked on Literotica. But I must admit this story brought out old memories (from 40 years ago) I would rather have kept in the recesses of my mind.

My wife of 10 years told me, "You are a good provider but not very exciting. And I'm not getting any younger." When I asked her to explain what that meant, she replied, "I've met someone else and I want a divorce."

That is ALL the explanation I ever got. I got custody of my kids and my life turned out pretty well as I found a "keeper" after only a couple of years and have been happy for 38 years.

But this story hit home because I also wondered for years why she wouldn't tell me "why". This story may include a few "twists" but the first installment leaves Kyle in the same position. Perhaps his further adventures will provide me more insight into what happened to me.

I plan to wait a few days before reading more.

cliffhanger20cliffhanger20over 10 years ago
"And there you have it"

And Perry Mason closed the file. It's so vivid, I could see the characters playing out their scene's.

smokepolesmokepoleover 10 years ago
Amazing buildup

I in awe of the play-by-play occurring here. The characters are well shelled out to the limits of the length and breadth of the storyline without getting overbearing. The psychological 'discovery' done on the characters itself is more than one expects in most stories but it sets a basis for this to be a heartstring puller.

The lunch scene with Peggy the psychologist (page 4) is a good example of it, and a scene I wish I could have written.

So far, WELL DONE!

snathsnathover 10 years ago
Great story

Great one. I don't think any rational man would have acted differently.

sugnasugnaover 10 years ago
Selfish People

It is bad enough some people cheat on their spouses. It is intolerable when the cheat on their kids! Yes, when you have kids and you cheat, you cheat on the whole family!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A few brief comments

True, we're not all spec warfare. But remember most of us who did serve got very familiar with weapons, we're pretty regimented in our thinking (which I think you nailed) and we're black and white, not many shades of gray.

Next...those of us who served and were wounded/injured, and those of us who have persistent, recurring pain. Tends to make us a bit....testy. A little less patient. Less time moving equals more time thinking/planning, and someone in that state would make more of an effort to find out who she was cheating with.

Outside of that, I think you wrote it well, it's not far from what I could see myself experiencing, except the husband is a lot more patient and less willing to go nuclear than I. Kudos.

harrycartonharrycartonabout 10 years ago

Extraordinarily well done. Good characterization. It is a 'simple' plot and this is proof that you don't have to leap over tall buildings or use underworld contacts to get through a divorce -- or to tell a compelling tale. Congrats on a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
a very good opening

I only hope the next two are as good as this. Having gone thru a similar scenario I can certainly relate to the pain, frustration & bewilderment caused by being blindsided by my ex. It took me years to finally realise she was just a lying cheating bitch & it wasn't really my fault.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Best Introduction Ever

With a wonderful story to follow it! Great work, I look forward to reading the next couple chapters!

KarenEKarenEabout 10 years ago
Sticking to his guns

I'm glad he stood tall. The only way I would have considered any delay would have been if said who the guy was, and EXACTLY what they had done, from the first coffee date to the last whatever.

Holding back that stuff makes staying together impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Strange

To this point this is an odd story for both the main characters and both seem to be equally stubborn making the whole thing worse for both of them. The old saying applies, they both shot themselves in their foot or for that matter both feet.

George in Omaha

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I just need some time to find myself means

you already left, and, are looking for someone else.

Just give me some time to be alone means

you won't be alone when you are not here.

Doc figured out the code.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

wish i had been able to read this story 15 years ago , i think it would have saved me from a world of hurt.

i got given the same sh*t talk that Luke gets here.

spent two years in purgatory , unable to get any real answers , before i finaly said enough is enough . and walked away.

worst two years of my life & i know it was the worst two years of hers.

i can understand the guilt ..

but the total lack of respect , the lies & the bs, the total contempt for your partner ... ffs idk how she could do that.

by the end , the bs , lies , contempt was flowing in both directions.

& all we had left was anger, hate, total distrust.

anyone ever feeds you a similar line , take my advice.

1. you go together & get help with the relationship straight away.

2. they change jobs ( if the 3rd party is someone they see via work)

3. you get total honesty about what has taken place.

if they cannot do these three things ...then best to copy Luke.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Treachery and treason

Treachery and treason, there's an always an excuse for it. Song: Private Investigator, Artist: Mark Knopfler.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 9 years ago
Second time I have read this story

My reaction is the same as it was in May 2014 when I anonymously commented on this story and signed it George in Omaha and which I now restate as follows:

To this point this is an odd story for both the main characters. Both seem to be equally stubborn making the whole thing worse for both of them. The old saying applies, they both shot themselves in their foot or for that matter both feet.

George in Omaha

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Amending My 3/31/2014 Comments

ANY chance of delaying and/or stopping things would require THREE things:

1) The guys name

2) EXACTLY what they did

3) Confirmation that it was OVER

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Appreciated your writing, but

didn't like the ending. Gave it a five for the craftsmanship. Glad you didn't get too bogged down in the leagaleze.

You mentioned DQSteele; I think your characters were more believable, as was the eventual outcome.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
Reading again ..

Damn good tale. You do great job of capturing realism.

BTDTBTTS.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A couple of thoughts

Rehnquist has always been the best author on the LW site; however, I don't follow Whitney,s refusal to break clean when she decided to save the marriage. I'm also curious about her reasoning in funding a hidden retirement account. Perhaps she always was unhappy and this was her getaway fund, but I wish Rehnquist had provided more insight on Whitney.

Tim413413Tim413413almost 9 years ago
What an excellent start!

I hope we've seen the last of Whitney. Renq made her a pretty unlikable character. So, who becomes Luke's new love interest - his att'y or Kyle's teacher?

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
there is no good way

to figure out how to proceed without all the facts. she was unwilling to tell him, or admit to herself, what she was doing, with whom, or why.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 8 years ago
Stuck to his guns , kept the high ground

It would have been so easy to cave in and reconcile. But she wouldn't come clean exactly what was going on. Beautifully written . The thing that irks me is that this guy was ex-military and took a complete lassez-faire approach to finding out who Rebecca 's new interest was. He was at war and in that situation you don't take shortcuts.

Thar other man was enroaching in his territory. Forget losing the wife , you can't enslave her. BUT the odds are his son has high potential of spending time with this person who is less then principled. That's my main nitpick. Just about all positive compliments made by previous comments are echoed by myself as well.

Full ( albeit belated ) marks. *****

.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
I kept wondering why

he didn't hire an investigator to see who she was spending her personal time with.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
ALONE AGAIN UN-NATURALEY

and still the deception continues. TK U MLJ LV NV

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago
Second time through....

Still love it. Still five stars. Still a favorite. Love how this chapter raises so many questions. Highly engaging. And even with ambiguity over his situation, he does the right thing. Bravo!

davwoodavwooover 7 years ago
Still an emotional reminder for me

I can't get a Calista Flockhart out of my mind's eye when I read this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
good so far

the only thing i find hard to believe is he made no attempt to find out how far her "affair" had gone. he has assumed the worst and rightly so as she's not saying, but a man would want to know.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
UGH!!!

Why is it you authors ALWAYS write your main character as some pathetic wimp???

He's intelligent but clueless! The early dialogue made him sound like.."Ah, gee, Gomer"! It was juvenile! Plus, it should have been easy enough for him to find out who the guy was that was planting the bug in her ear and his prick in her pussy!

So far, as far as I'm concerned, this is a dud! How you have something redeeming later on!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Most excellent 5*

Way, way above the usual standard on this site. Well done.

ilimitadoilimitadoover 6 years ago
Very SAD & Realistic

Well done as usual. What's in store for us now?

peter944peter944over 6 years ago
Not just erotica

You do a great story with real characters, probably not everyone's cup of tea here but, you are a great writer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I hate when authors paint the other person as a dumb person..

I really hate when they paint the other person as a dumb person. The wife was a highly skilled DA lawyer that will have lots of assistances to do leg work. So can not see here being that dumb and lie to her lawyer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Realistic

The characters depicted and their emotions, seem quite realistic. When such a situation touches one personally, despite one's education or professional training,one is too distraught to be totally rational. The description is very real. Well done - and yes, *****!

sexydad50sexydad50over 6 years ago
I like the style of your writing,

I think this too sad and wish that it wasn't.

Great characters, Whit is a little one dimensional, hope the next chapters improve my feelings.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongover 5 years ago
Who is Maggie

in chapter 1 at the breakfast table rather early in the story.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 5 years ago
A martyr, refusing all help.

Even after she broke it off she refused him any information. She wouldn't even share with a therapist what set her off against him. No way can she heal from what ever wounded her.

Somewhere before the end, I would have liked to hear him tell her "Come to Jesus, and you may find forgiveness". If she had been willing to share the details with him, they could have had a base to regroup and progress.

OTOH, the story won't progress if she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
She wasn't sorry enough

She kept saying how sorry she was. Well, apparently she wasn't sorry enough to tell him the truth. I'll be curios to see if we learn the truth later in the story.

He did the right thing by being proactive. Much less ugly and painful than it could have been.

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
Very good

I think this is a really good story, the hero seems fairly well balanced. And not violent, which I appreciate. The wife seems messed up though, not knowing her (emotional) ass from her elbow.

My only objection is that after Doug impressed on him the importance of trying to save the marriage if possible, he went straight for a divorce. Simply claiming he needed to have control seems weak. I would have liked some further motivation there.

But "ReadyOne", what in this story led you to believe that Jesus is their go-to guy?

He may be for some people, but since there is nothing here to indicate that either one of them is religious, invoking Jesus seems a bit far fetched. For that matter, I haven't read a single LW story where any deity has gotten any mention at all, except as an interjection. Come to think of it, some do mention church, IMHO mostly to point out what a hypocritical person the cheating wife is, going to church on Sundays and still a cheater.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
Like always...

Great story. Thank so much!

ribnitinribnitinalmost 5 years ago
Not fair

I wanted an easy distraction, but this story sank its hooks into me by the end of the second paragraph. I'm not doing the things I should be doing because I am busy reading this. I am now forewarned as to how much damage your writing does to my "to-do" list.

Great story, great writing. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
1 Item overlooked

He suggest or asked Whitney about seeing a doctor about depression, Whitney got mad and said no. Doug told Luke to do everything he could to save the marriage but the one thing I never heard Luke talk about or think about was a marriage counselor. To me that should of been the first thing before a lawyer. If Whitney had said I don't need no damn marriage counselor then see the lawyer. To me that would of been in keeping with trying to save the marriage. Otherwise love the story.

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Very Good!

Great drama. Really good character development.

Adds up to the reader caring what will come next.

Also, it doesn't read like a list of events (like 'he did this', then 'she did that').

Good job of keeping the dialogue only for making points in the plot, rather than the dialogue BEING the plot.

Thanks

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Counselling session?

I saw another reader's comment about getting counselling, for the wife or both of them as a couple.

Probably would have been best place to start.

But, she seemed unwilling.

By the time the divorce meeting came about, no one was willing to suggest it.

A shame really since it likely could have helped both of them with some sort of closure or comfort.

As it is, neither is going to be happy.

ohyessssssohyessssssalmost 4 years ago
Just saying

I don’t always agree with your reactions, but you can tell a good story. Five stars. And, I don’t think he did the wrong thing by divorcing the lying cheater. She’s a totally self centered person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just wondering...

Sally Romescu, that's a romanian name, if i'm not mistaken. That type of names arr only in Romania, as in their origins. Every name that ends in "...ESCU" came from Romania. Or am i mistaken?

AlericAlericalmost 4 years ago
5*

The pace, the superb dialogue, just everything has me feeling like I'm drowning in it too. And Kyle, poor Kyle.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
5 stars

Great story!!! Glad your male character had self respect...

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 4 years ago

Simply amazing....painful, sad, real. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good Story

I’m ready to get into the next chapter. One thing I really had a hard time understanding was why Luke would be blabbing about his possible divorce to people he worked with. Those are absolutely the last kind of people I would want to share that kind of personal info with. Workplace gossip is usually brutal. Oh well, it is just a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Only

"If even the smallest thing was still at issue, though, it could take a year and a half."

How about two years? After all Michigan isn't that far from Illinois. CPS, the FOC and the Judge did get it correct thankfully after a bit of a rocky start, then the truth started coming out.

"Luke," she said to my retreating back. "I'm sorry, Luke. Really."

"But sorry wasn't cutting it anymore."

Damned straight, Luke, damned straight. Wanting a separation to find herself, other guy with a name unknown, she didn't know if she was going to move in with him or not, then she doesn't want it because she's feeling guilty for cheating. She lies continuously, hides things like an apparently hidden 401K with 90 grand tucked into it. WTF was that about, over? At least I knew who, what, where and when thanks to my in-laws.

As usual a really good, believable start to the series.

Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

This is how My First Divorce went .. The only One that Showed up in Court was Me . She had a Much better Lawyer .. To Top that off her Lawyer Charged her less .

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well Done

The story is quite a teaser and now I have to know what she has been up to. I thought she might be pregnant and afraid to tell him. Hopefully we’ll find out soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Tremendously sad

Probably the way lots of divorces go down. Whitney started the divorce train moving down the tracks, but then repented. Luke wouldn’t accept her effort to derail the train and insisted on the divorce. Was he justified in demanding the divorce? Possibly. But in the end, he was an unforgiving asshole...really. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 3 years ago
@Anon02/04/21

So she steps out on the marriage possibly for months and he's the asshole? When did she repent, say you're is not the same as repentence. Double standard much? If the genders were reversed would you have the same perspective? I think not. SHE told him there was someone else, then SHE lied about the $90K, you don't think SHE would also lie about no sex out of marriage? He did what he had to do to ensure his son was protected and that was staying with him. Not all mothers are the better parent.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
SORRY!

You are an excellent story teller and the story itself is first rate, but just like many of your stories your main Male character is way too weak and indecisive. You depict them as having been lead around by the ring in their nose until the world comes around and smacks them upside the head.

BigDee44BigDee44about 3 years ago

I have probably commented before, as this is my third read. Chris said, “I'm going through with it. You still won't tell me a goddamned thing, and there's no way in hell I'm going to just let it drop and spend the rest of my fucking life hoping it--whatever the hell 'it' is--hoping it doesn't happen again.” In 199 I found myself in a similar position, except she had confessed to who, when and where (a man who rented a room from us) and I never had a clue, or one that I listened to inside my head. But this was 4 years after the fact, so the iron was stone cold, but she never has come clean on WHY. I ended up staying because of the two children, and lack of personal strength, to be transparent. Today, some 30 years later, I wish I had been stronger.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

She cheated, she didn't trust or respect him enough to actually talk to him about what she was feeling. When asked she kept saying she didn't know why. She needs some serious help. Therefore this is a well written story with un-answered questions, why???? Hope you answer them!

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Great start for the story. She has definitely cheated, and blown up the marriage. Let the cheating bitch go and start over with a good woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She cheated and long before that hid away her 401k, who the hell would stay married to that. Dont know how anyone can call the male lead weak and indecisive when he divorced her just like that, takes big balls to end things that quickly.

BeauReadyBeauReadyalmost 3 years ago
Oh, my!

Just a lying, cheating, gutter gash cunt wanna-be sexy hot-shot, lawyer; and just dump the little bastard on her anything-but-a-bad-boy husband so she can flash her cunt and get serviced by diseased, bad boy cocks.

Sounds just like every woman I've ever known. Clearly, I too am not one of those bad boys that cause women to flood their panties and spread their legs like frogs on a dissecting table.

They are happy to take your money and support, fulfill their motherhood duties and urges, which hormonally overwhelms their psyche until they hit their early 30`s, then their selfishness takes control and they want to be biologically just like "men" - free of consequences (the Pill and abortion) and concomitant responsibilities to fully control their own "destiny" and become the unfettered, carefree, drunken, stoned, fuck everything, everyone, everywhere PoS superating whores that every gushing, itchy cunt wants. Just like rabbits and rats.

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Very well written story. As usual, an excellent 5 star story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well written and well crafted storyline. I'm intrigued about Whitney and her reasons, she sounds like someone who life has just got too much for and sadly it's crippled her family. Odd the author hasn't written in any grandparents or siblings or even friends for Whitney or Luke. Divorce has is like throwing a stone in a pond it ripples out and affects everyone around the couple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Damn, the most realistic take on divorce I've seen on this or any other site. The characters feel so well rounded and have a depth that is rare in these stories. It makes me hate Whitney a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’m so glad my wife never left me for another guy. I would have hated prison so much.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - I really really hate your character Whitney.

You did a fine job making her a very despicable, unfeeling, cold, calculating, skanky, slutty, sub-human being.

I do not care how cold and decisive a lawyer can be in a legal situation - BUT in a family situation, that also includes a little person, that is totally beyond anything I would have considered normal behavior and especially a mother.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

interesting, some parallels to my own divorce 20 some years ago. "I don't love you anymore" and, or "I don't want to stay married" hat bullshit, mixed up minds, taking the easy way out instead of discussing mutual problems.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Whitney is a psychiatric disaster case.

She makes it virtually impossible for her husband to do anything but divorce her but divorce her and she's ranging her hands because she's upset that you can't have it both ways.

She's willing to do virtually nothing to change the status quo and make her laugh and life better. Herself perceived option remains only the Chinese liver husband

She was clearly fucking other man and that round of gas from now she's left alone and lonely I will not confess anything to her husband because she doesn't want to look like the bad guy.

And doing that she's created exactly the problem that she was afraid of.

This is a clear case in my opinion of self destructive narcissism.

She desperately needsHe counseling psychologist or psychiatrist.

That said very well written story 5 stars for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm nauseated by characters like "Luke" displaying misplaced chivalry to their children - "she's still your mother", blah, blah, blah. Authors ought to give up the bogus virtue signalling cliches.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Been there done that, divorce is the most painful thing I have ever been thru.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Another thought or two, why do women do this a lot more than men? When do they stop worrying about being sex symbol and wanting some guy to drool over them? When will they learn to think? Especially when their perceived course of action tears a family apart? Why can't a woman be more like a man? I wished I had some of the narrative in this story when my ex did basically the same thing. Needed some time alone, needed to go out and look around to see what's out there but wants to know if she can come back if it doesn't work. What the hell to women want? 79 and still wondering. Good story, good writing. Maybe she needed some philosophy courses. To thine own self be true?

underdog1underdog1about 2 years ago

Best story I've read in Literotica so far. The realism is excellent, as I'm reading, I can actually see the scene being played out like a script in a movie. Great writing!!!!!!

SexecutionerSexecutionerabout 2 years ago

One of the better written stories on here, I normally don't comment on chaptered works because too many times writers create impossibly asinine conclusions to their stories.

WittonWittonalmost 2 years ago

Very well done indeed - just one minor quibble - 401(k) contributions will show up on the her W2

Luke would seem to be the natural for getting all the crap together to take to the accountant - or to do them (the taxes) himself - and he'd have to make sure her W2 included

He would be remarkably incurious (especially for an academic) if he never looked at if

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

What a tale, she seals her fate by refusing to tell the truth. 5/5

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

This is such a pleasure to read. The characters are realistic, the issues aren’t shallow and poorly conceived. 10 stars.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 2 years ago

A master craftsman at work. What can one say.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Amazing story. Not quite as good as What You Wish For but still enthralling. Her own guilt over an affair that she discontinued and her unwillingness to confess it, seals her fate. Sad. Confession of an affair (depends of course on the extent of it) statistically speaking increases the chance of the couple staying married by three-fold at least with in a five year period (20% to 60%). Of course many of those marriages may still disintegrate over longer time period or become loveless. But still. And yet Whitney's inability to confess due to guilt destroyed her chances. Seems out of place for a career minded attorney.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well developed.

I don't believe she's confused. She has a solid handle on her affair. The confusion she advance is both self Expedition and a smoke screen. Gas lighting.

He is better off without her.

In many endeavers it's what consistently do today and reaffirm to tomorrow that carrys the real worth an validity of the relationship.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

The old adage of "the more intelligent a woman gets the stupider they become" comes to mind? For all those women libbers out there anyone who has gone to College should know exactly what I'm saying.

Educated women make horrible girlfriends 🤣🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I generally love renquist stories but to me the ending just didn't sit right and destroyed the rest of the story. yeah - you can say how great all the grammer - english - and story righting stuff was but if i'm not happy with the story i grade it that way. 2*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rated 5. Again.

If, after all these years you care, a proof reading and corrections will still help. From Whitney’s wrong name & etc. on page 1 to page 5’s “We had to our personal property split up now or the hearing would be delayed until we could.“; the little corrections will change this from real excellence of story & characters into another masterpiece.

Thank you!!

Craig

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterabout 1 year ago

Sad tail of loss...But well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great, descriptive writing. However, the realistic dialogue is what makes this story real. Five really big stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

there is rarely anything sane about the way women think, its may be different about how and why they feel the way they do but , no man is ever gonna understand anything about them, not the bull dykes, no the fem lesbos, not the trans M to F, not the fembois, the "female" homos and not even the women themselves as this story proves. Shes not happy, dont know why, dont know how to fix, dont need to talk to no psychoanalyst or psychiatrist cuz they fuller of more mumboBS jumbo than women themselves, wont talk to nobody cuz women are the bestest & smartest at everything [just ask the smartest most corrupt woman in the world, hillary], w/ any luck most men w/ a cunt for significant other can hope they wind themselves up till they take themselves out or reduce themselves to a breakdown requiring institutionalization.

Selfish, narcissistic arrogant and entitled just barely scratch the list of character failures that describe women in todays culture. Sacrifice, empathy, caring, mothering and faithfulness are all out of vogue for todays females, if it doesnt help the sex as a whole, or a particular female, then ignore or discard.

xhristianj's critique is right on, at the end he forgot to add ""Educated women make horrible girlfriends" and people. rk

HighBrowHighBrowabout 1 year ago

Super well-written, intriguing, engaging, Femdom agitprop, so far… I’m happy to see the cuckold fighting back and gaining custody.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The writing is excellent and the story and your way of developing emotive and realistic characters is way beyond the normal fare of most stories in Loving Wives. This story really has me invested in what happens and I can’t wait to continue! Fantastic work; thanks much

valkoinenvalkoinen10 months ago

Fantastic, gripping. Well written. Though written from his point of view it does make one wonder how it might look from here.

Madeira1076Madeira107610 months ago

So far it is great, 5 star. I hate it when the guy is a wuss. Also didn't go crazy, with kids, it is supposed to work this way. Nice writing!

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

Great story. But sad remembering I faced the same thing 40 years ago. The question was why? She said she just fell out of love. She was cheating, going out to bars by herself, married women don't do that. Went to Vegas by herself, married women don't do that. End of story. The divorce cost me $25K her share of the house. Lawyers? Nope got a book DIY book and filing cost $100, you don't need no stinking lawyer. Second reading and still 5 stars

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr10 months ago

Very good start. Nice to see a character who is actually willing to try and talk and work things out (I mean he was willing to forgive her having an emotional affair if she'd only be open to him - and it sounds like he would've even been able to forgive a physical affair). Too often the men in these stories just give up which sucks because its like yeah no wonder you got cheated on you're not willing to fight for your marriage or family at all?

And lol I was screaming in my head "dude she's fucking depressed!!" and then three lines later the character even mentioned that. One of your better main characters.

Helen1899Helen18998 months ago

Very, very sad, I find it always is when a loving family breaks up. Well written story, good character development, I am still hopeful for them. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Second time reading this, and … Rhenquist has to be one of the best authors on this site. The topic may be depressing, but the characters come through well (read Lazy Lemon Sun and you’ll meet Whitney again as the year later ex-wife!). 5#

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Can't believe her lawyer didn't do his due diligence on child care and got blindsided.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous