All Comments on 'The Damp, Gray Gone Ch. 01'

by Rehnquist

Sort by:
  • 210 Comments (Page 3)
KahunabobKahunabob7 months ago

I read Lazy Lemon Sun before this. And didn't realize our Whitney here is the same woman from that series. Go figure. Thanks @ Anon from 10 days before me. // Alright. Rehnquist, I like how you're not going full "Hollywood hur hur burn the bitch" but you're trying to keep it more real and grounded. Divorce is a mess. Went through one in Kyle's place when I was 9. That was close to 36 years ago. Never again. Sucked for everyone involved. Took 15-20 years for my folks to even be civil towards each other again. I'm curious to see how you're going to spin this tale.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Superbly constructed.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

could this have been ended by responding to her "I don't want a divorce" with "I will call off the divorce if you immediately tell me who, what, when, where and why... and you go to x sessions of individual and couples counselling"

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Yeah, he was a dull boring little man that loved her only as long as he thought she loved him. No fight, nothing, just melted like a coward.

His sole arguement as to why not try was that she, like any future partner could up and fall on love with someone else in the future. Yeah, no shit sherlock.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Beautifully written and deeply sad. Matt

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story with plenty of realistic dialogue. Despite not knowing exactly what Whitney had been up to, and only having suspicions, Luke pulled the plug and filed for divorceā€¦probably not justified at this point in time. Anyway, this is first-rate writing, and worthy of five stars ā­ļø.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Agree with the previous commenter, it's the same Whitney but is it really. Lazy lemon sun was a much better story, and I have a real problem reconciling these two Whitney as being the same person. Granted memory is fluid and we reinterpret the past based on things in the present but seriously? Whitney claims to have never loved him, that it was all a mistake, yet here we have someone that is massively conflicted, trapped by the knowledge of what she has done, and as anyone who has finished reading the story knows she made the biggest mistake of her life by cheating on him, did it so badly that she couldn't go back, even if she wanted too.

Truely this story is just a case of predatory male singling out an individual going through the down cycle of a normal relationship. Like many writers like to point out, the husband or wife of a cheater can never win, because a new relationship is always going to feel more exciting, freer and an exploration.

EHP4269EHP4269about 2 months ago

Another great story. Thank you for making reading so enjoyable. There are a few errors that a good editor would be able to fix. If you ever need help please contact me.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaineabout 2 months ago

Couldnā€™t a PI have found out who, where, when, how often?

Beardog325Beardog32516 days ago

She is only getting what she deserves career career career never mind the kid or the husband! Thank goodness for him it was only 10 years still young enough to move on! Good bye and good riddance!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous