All Comments on 'The Dark at the Bottom of the Stair'

by FrancisMacomber

Sort by:
  • 205 Comments
Schwanze1Schwanze110 days ago

Page 1

She's 18. Let her figure it out. If they just have to, get the phone records and track her back.

Page 2

Oh shit. Guess he shouldn't have come.

Thanks for letting me know right away daughter.

Page 3

Oh hell that's just sick.

Apparently the sins of the father do continue generations.

Wifey died from cancer and asshole had a stroke. There is justice in the world this author has created.

Good ending. Good story. Brutal.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster110 days ago

Since it's only a story - but I think a well-written one - those who quote various laws and how this should/could have happened are really out in left field.

Those laws are just not really relevant, because... IT'S A STORY !

His revenge on the man who stole his wife, his daughter, and his grand-daughter, was perfectly matched to the suffering he had had for years, and the suffering he had when he learned his daughter's true lineage.

Yes, his dead wife was a POS... but like Grace said to him, even though he wasn't her father, he WAS her Daddy, the same way an adopted child would be his.

For that reason alone, he sought - and got - his revenge on the man who stole years of his happiness and caused the same number of years of grief, by threatening the one thing the POS valued the most: his reputation and position.

The fact that Grace inherited the fortune was 'Karma' writ large.

To me, this tale earned the five stars I gave it.

AnonymousAnonymous13 days ago

The MC had alot of warning signs to warrant a DNA test. If he didn't pick up a need for one, from the author's description before the argument, he sure as hell had a reason to do one after. I'm not sure I would want anything to do with the daughter and her kid. She got what she deserved and after she pays him back for raising another asshole's brat, she'll have enough to take care of the mistake caused from being hit with the slut ray. I would also have my last name removed from the whore wife's grave marker and get her parents to pay for it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Anonymous from a year ago with fomment starting with "Sick and twisted..." had a cogent analysis of this story. Lot of holes. Forgetting the faithless wife and her affair for years as she cuckolded her husband, Grace's actions make zero sense. Also somehow she accepted the deal from her biological father that she woukd lose the child due to incest if it became known. Umm hello he had far more to lose. Seemed like a lot of twisted and unreal actions to lead to the villain committing suicide at the end. Having an ending and writing backwards to fulfill that ending is generally not the best writing method. Can work sometimes but often is a mistake. Dark and foreboding. Every wife written by this author is stupid and selfish and self centered. Not much complexity or nuance.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Men that think they are Gods just because they have money and hence power and do unspeakable things to mere mortals are pathetic losers. Its such a shame that society lets them get away with it. People like his wife are just shallow persons that get wrapped up in themselves and allow their loves ones to be collateral damage from their fallout. It is a good job she is dead, she cannot directly hurt any one any more except for her legacy of her debauchery. May sunlight eventually come to this family.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The only thing missing was him going to his wife's grave and pissing on it. The worthless cunt shattered the lives of her family with no impunity.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The problem is, this happens in real life. People can be so bad, its can be a horrible world.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I figured it out half way thru story

I’m glad he’s dead but still he’s screwed as he can’t do anymore

Sorry gave story a 3

NotSomeBubbaNotSomeBubba11 months ago

That was one dark story. A heck of a tale, and well written. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What a bizarre gothic tale.

It would have made Edgar Alan Poe proud.

Shades of 'Dark Shadows', very vampiric?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 1 year ago

One of your very best stories! His pain will never end, but others will live better and with fewer regrets. Great job!

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonabout 1 year ago

I felt like I needed a shower after this, I felt dirty all over. Grace is a skank.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I can't help but think writers like this must really harbor a serious, deeply seated disdain for women, conscious or unconscious. In every story this writer has posted, the women are all, without fail, overwhelmingly and disgustingly stupid. Not cruel, not evil, just selfish and stupid pieces of filth. It's a trope this writer can't seem to do without.

I didn't care much about the incest part of the story. It was, frankly, too unbelievable. It's really taking the mickey out of readers to expect them to suspend their disbelief enough that a young woman would sleep and get pregnant by a man she hated, that was decades older than her, had disrespected her father, was fucking her mother and was her sperm donor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sick and twisted. Great story that was well told. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sick and twisted. First why would Grace sleep with the man she hates who hee mother cheated on for years and had been a huge part of thr betrayal that was unknowingly harming her Daddy. And then the craziest part is that the rich asshole convinces her that she would lose the child due to incest. Huh? And that the scandal would crush her? Huh? So he severs all ties yet is somehow honorable setting her up in a place to live? I understand she has a daughter with CP and hence specially needs, but really? And she didn't think to ever tell her father about what wa a going on? Huh? This seemed overly contrived to reach a deep, dark story with the villain committing suicide in the end. And why did Susie get the inheritance? Why not Grace? Huh? And yeah thr premise of competition to have sex with the same man who is secretly and repeatedly cuckolding thr man you think is your father for many years, is one of the stupidest ideas that I have ever seen on this site.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 1 year ago

Good story with a twisted plot. 4 stars.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Horrible story about vile people. Imagine being that stupid you sleep with the man who corrupted your mother because you are competing against her to steal her lover and you then have your fathers baby doing it!!!!!!!!

I cannot work out why Grace never killed HERSELF when she found out what she’d done. She was sick in the head.

The mother paid for her sins, she died badly, deservedly so too. The daughter should have followed the mother in death, she deserved a bad end too.

Raleigh could’ve then raised the grand daughter with the money Susie inherited on Morrison’s suicide, she was his last heir.

A complex sad story snout sick people scores 2/5

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

An eighteen year old daughter runs away because her mother tells her the secret will ruin the family. She doesn't understand that the mother had actually caused the ruin.

Then she goes and meets the lover and sleeps with him. The lover knowingly sleeps with his daughter and doesn't take precaution against pregnancy. He also doesn't tell the mother where her daughter is.

Too depressing and unbelievable story of vile and corrupted people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So the fuck up daughter disappears because her whoring mother was screwing someone but doesn't tell her father!!

The cuck husband was clueless from the beginning.

CRAP STORY

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story,though I don't see a man like Morrison shooting himself.With all his money he could bluff his way through any revelations.It is a fact he was a well known playboy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Plot and character development work--doesn't make it enjoyable to read, though.

Foolish me. I kept waiting for a decent resolution which wasn't devastating for all concerned. Alas, but no.

Five stars for the imagination to write this. Zero for anything resembling a reason to have done so.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdalmost 2 years ago

Just Pathetic.

MC is just a Wimpy Cuck.

PencarrowPencarrowabout 2 years ago
FEEL GOOD SCORE = 0, FEEL DEPRESSED SCORE = 5

Accidentally read this again and once again feel like I’ve been kicked in the guts. But one thing I’d like to add is that all the commenters who said Carleton Morrison got away with his reputation intact are, I think, wrong.

~

His relatives who thought they would get a slice of his riches would now be pissed that they missed out and Grace got it all, and I think they would try every dirty trick in the book to expose her as a conniving gold-digger who somehow wrangled a false DNA test. There may even be other women who were likewise seduced by him and some may have gotten pregnant as well, so they may as well also try to get a slice of the pie. The staff at the museum would have been aware of his philandering ways with many women, both single and married, and now he was deceased there would be no fear of legal reprisals or losing his monetary patronage in exposing him for the low-life he was.

~

Now enter the gutter press and the racy society magazines. The nature of his demise and the fight over who gets his riches would be make for some lurid headlines and juicy stories. Pretty soon everyone would be aware of just how much of a sleaze he really was, and I can’t help but think of the late (but not lamented) Mr. Jeffrey Epstein as an excellent parallel example. Maddy’s role as Grace’s mother would be exposed, Maddy's long-term affair would be exposed, and Grace's incestuous relationship with Morrison and having his child would be exposed. In fact, as the last one standing Grace would be hounded for her story and end up as the pariah she is.

~

So no, there is zero chance that his reputation remains intact. Still doesn’t do much for Raleigh though, does it?

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

Good story. Poetic justice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Raleigh should have continued with his exposure of the rich sleazeball.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 2 years ago

I struggle with this story. It is typical FM. The female antagonists bear no consequences due ot their amoral behavior. Yes, Maddy died of cancer and Grace has a child with CP. But those events are not related to their behavior or betrayal of their husband/Daddy.

The male antagonist however is disabled by a stroke and eventually commits suicide rather than face exposure for his heinous behavior. A very common FM storyline.

The essence of the story is Raleigh's discovery that his whole married life was a betrayal of the worst sorts. And in the end he has little emothonal compensation. Rather he is left to pick up the pieces of his shattered life make his way in life with mostly memories that that been turned into nightmares by the revelations of her daughter.

How do I score a very well written but gloomy, depressing story that I would have just as soon not read in the first place?

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

I gave the story 4 stars. I would have given it 5 stars if the author had made the MC's final act that of pissing on his wife's grave. A more evil despicable woman has not been written about in any of the hundreds of Literotica stories I have read. Maybe the gods will allow him the revenge he deserves and needs against the treacherous bitch in the afterlife. One can only hope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It’s not dumb to love someone so much that you trust them implicitly even when that love is betrayed without your knowledge.She was a monster as was Carleton Morrison.Well written story as usual

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The bitch wife got the easy way out.

Even in her death bed she never spoke the truth to her stupid dumb husband

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is a pity that the author did not do a more in-depth character development of the main role players.

But this was a great overall, a long absent author who should really find the time to grace us with another masterpiece.

I guess I have a serious flaw in my psyche, perhaps coldness at deceipt, since I could not love a child born during a marriage after realizng that the sperm donor was not me.

I truly have to bow in respect for a man that would be prepared to accept that disrespect and love the child as his own blood. Yea, I know, one should stare at the act of treason in acceptance, since the child is innocent and blah blah

In younger years I had always wondered what would cause a marriage to end up disbanded.

I subsequently found the main reason for that, plain and simple vanity. As old as time, that one.

You can try revenge, and sully your soul forever. Now then, how can you truly forgive if you cannot forget? Simple, go for indifference, walk away and (try to) live life to the fullest.

As to the gods laughing, middle finger! If one is right handed, used the left hand middle finger.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 2 years ago

The wife had to know that the truth would come out after her death... yet she never once apologized to her husband. How cruel.

That's not how you treat sometime you claim to love

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

That cheating wife was hardcore. She took her sins to the grave with her, even when her daughter ran away she was quiet. Even when she became sick she said nothing, Even when her illness became terminal and she was on her deathbead, she was silent as the grave.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkabout 3 years ago

Only problem was the cheating wife died before the truth came out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Daughter was as much of a whore as her mother .

Terrible story

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Taking these many lumps in quick succession is no fun. Morrison's hastened exit from this world is no comfort, either. Skillfully rendered, but altogether pretty dreary.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Why

Why when Grace rang,did they never check where she was ringing from?.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Didnt really care for this.

And the anon below with "Just more proof

That every woman is a lying, cheating slut when they think they can get away with it."

Sorry but its a f-ing STORY not proof of anything. Please use your Obamacare and get your mental health issues looked into. Seriously.

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

slut daughter loved her whore mother more than her father, why else would she reward the cheating cunt and punish her father with another half decade with a lying duplicitous cunt?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just more proof

That every woman is a lying, cheating slut when they think they can get away with it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
News stories so his legacy is as piece of garbage

Why do you authors quit at death

Public needs to know the truth

No spin doctor etc

QuintiusQuintiusalmost 4 years ago
Ugly revenge story...

... about two, selfish, stupid women with nothing redeeming at the end. Sure, Morrison died but his life was pretty much over already with the stroke. So we end up with a man whose marriage was a lie for almost 30 years who will now live the rest of his days in bitterness because just about every memory of his adult life is tainted. He brought home his stupid slut of a daughter who became the mistress of the same man who destroyed her childhood and cuckolded her "father", and had a kid by him who'll suffer health issues all her life for her mother's stupidity. Sure, Grace will inherit a lot of money but again, who cares? She'll be fucked up emotionally and guilty for the rest of her life because she knows what a terrible human being she is. As it is, the only people in this story who will likely have a good life are Terry and his wife and child.

I'm not sure what purpose this story serves. Personal catharsis? Sure, it's well written and the details are plotted out expertly, but the story itself is bitter, angry, and ugly. Like I said, technically well crafted story but there's nothing entertaining or redeeming about it. Not my kind of story, for sure, so I'll refrain from rating it.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotabout 4 years ago
Wow.

Wow, not only was Maddie an evil person but her daughter also and their lover. I knew her death wasn´t the ending, it all pointed to an affair hence the fight with her daughter. I just hadn´t expected it to have gone on for so long. And yet, she still had the gall to tell Raliegh the she loved him?

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

Again. The LW archive makes it possible to find and enjoy a story like this again. Nothing happy or uplifting here, but what a great story by a great author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Maddie and Grace both belong in hell.

I am not even remotely kidding.

InfiniteCycleInfiniteCycleover 4 years ago
If I were Raleigh, I would have done the same

...except for one small thing.

Grace finding her way to the man who cuckolded her father, and then succumbing to him, I could never get past.

Sure, she did not know that the cocksucker was her father then... but the path she took could never have been anything less than a slap in the face to the man she believed to be her father at the time. Whether weakness, or intent, or even plain stupidity, it is a betrayal of Raleigh at least to the same level that Maddie had made. Even moreso really. She knew what her mother had done, and despised her for it. She left because she couldn't stand her mother's act, and knew what it meant to Raleigh.

And then she gave herself willingly to the very snake that had already destroyed her own family. Monstrous.

Sure, I would probably be bitter forever. Sure, the fallout would impact on others. Despite all of that, I could never engage with her again. I would more easily have pummeled the asshole to death slowly with my bare hands, despite the consequences.

The evil, selfishness and betrayal in this one are all too insidious for anything but the inevitable tragedy that would have to be the closing act.

There is no redemption here. Not really.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Always a good story

I am never disappointed with this writer. As usual, there is more criticism on these comment sections than praise. Thats a shame since it leaves little incentive to keep writing.

I find this story to be plausible and more realistic than a hero that 'kills everyone and lets God sort it out'.

Good writing. Keep 'em coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It Was Pretty Obvious

Just from the genre that Maddie was a cheater with someone connected with the museum. I find it unlikely the idea that she could cover it up for twenty years or so, but stranger things have happened in real life. It didn't take a lot of brain power to figure out what caused Grace to have the big blowup with her mother and leave either. Just from the totally different personalities of the brother and sister I figured out the fathers were not the same. I'm absolutely not knocking the story in any way, I found it very well told, just a depressing tale of two "adults" who truly only cared for themselves, who caused so much pain and despair in others with no regret that I could see. I sincerely pray there are special places in hell for people such as those. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
ONE LAST CHORE TO PERFORM....

Have the stone cutter alter her grave marker .... cross a line through "Beloved Wife" and cut a new line that reads, "Belatedly Discovered Cheating Slut."

Well written but depressing as hell. Living or dead, there was no possible way to get revenge on either of them for what they did. His wife and Morrison ripped the guts out of his LIFE so who gives a fuck who got his money? OK... the daughter who fucked her father and has his kid is set for life. Now that he's gone, maybe she can convince 'Daddy' to put the meat to her.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreealmost 5 years ago
So sad.

Our catagorie Loving Wives can be split down

to many sub catagories.

I like to keep things simple and split them down

to two.

Those who want their partners to be fucked by others

and those who don't.

Those who "want" usually make their main male hero

a wimp.

That sub catagorie is much bigger than the "don't" one.

So we have a lot of stories of wimpy males.

That is a big reason, to not have wimps

in the "don't" catagorie.

But we have one in this story.

The sad part is, that he didn't have to be that, to make this story work.

His wife and daughter ("daughter") had a major arguement

and the daughter leaves home.

A normal male would, at least, ask the wife

what the arguement was about.

Not in this story.

He didn't demand an answer, he didn't even ask.

And if that wasn't enough, the wimp consoled the slut

for being hurt in the arguement.

The writer didn't have to make tha husband a wimp.

He could've made him ask and her to lie.

No harm to the story and also no wimp.

Sad.

Now, I don't like wimp stories.

I reward all of those, including this one,

with ratings of 1 out of 5.

NonSequitourNonSequitourabout 5 years ago
A bit thin in places.

The mother-daughter competition was a throwaway. There was no indication they ever did anything but argue.

Grace leaving and hurting her father for several years because she didn't want to destroy the family makes zero sense. I could see keeping the secret if there were younger siblings at home, but Grace was the last child and only 2 months from graduation when she found out. She should have burned the bitch. Raleigh would have had his daughter and the truth, and Maddy could have died disgraced(pun unintended) and most deservedly alone.

Maddy had carried on her affair with Morrison for 20-odd years. It's easy to keep up a front when everything is going swimmingly. When Grace called from a "weird but safe place" she had probably already replaced her mom in Morrison's bed. Maybe Maddy's tears were fake until that happened. I wonder if she knew.

" ... because I was his daughter, and the publicity would ruin me... he had a DNA test run. When I saw the results, I knew I had to leave for my baby's sake. He told me they'd take Susie away from me if anyone found out."

Bullshit! Susie was HER daughter. Grace could have destroyed HIS reputation and gotten 10's of thousands per month in child support. Of course he was "honorable"(hah!) and paid her off. On the other hand, Morrison pulled a gun on Raleigh. He might have threatened to make her "dissappear".

People sending DNA samples to geneology sites do so openly since they desire to contact distant relatives. A number of criminals have been caught through these samples. Otherwise DNA tests are anonymous. It would be difficult to prove Morrison knowingly committed incest.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Few Problems with this story

If "Morrison" did all the things plot has convinced us that he did then he is a psychopath. Psychopaths rarely commit suicide and there is no reason for him to commit suicide until he would be able to see his world unraveling due to the threats he just faced. I mean you can always delay suicide!

Then what about the main hero. Like all FrancisMacomber's main characters he is depressed and inactive (common trait in FM's writing), conceivably not very bright either (because he did not notice his wife affair; he had to be guided by hand of his daughter to figure out his misery; and apparently he could not figure out that one can hire PI to find his daughter earlier). This all testifies to his ineptitude. Yet he seems to be very protective of his family. Wouldn't his action of revealing everything ruin the future for his daughter? Wouldn't the financial catastrophic downfall of "Harrison" destroy his daughter financial future as well? How comes he did not consider that? Perhaps he sensitive only periodically but not when there is a full moon?

So there are some holes in this story. But the writing is good unless you have already read other stories by FM. If you did then you know you will have an inept main hero who is depressingly slow, tragedy all around, and fate making a major play. This is very good once, okay twice, but it really became a boring cliche in his writing.

HB4DBHB4DBover 5 years ago
Morrison slime

Entitled slime ball deserves to have his precious reputation smeared even after the grave. Moore should have seen his revenge to its finality. Morrison doesn't deserve to go unscathed pubically. Then we can all read about it on Wikipedia for generations to come.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 5 years ago
An entertaining tale, well told

But I have to correct a point in the comments.

CP is not a result of incestuous activities. Even though birth defects are widely claimed to result from incestuous mating, in point of fact the odds of such really only start to rise beyind the norm after multiple generations

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Wow

How much misery can one man endure. Maddie dies, hopefully suffering, without ever facing what she did to Raleigh. Too bad she didn't live to face her betrayal. Grace could have saved everyone a lot of grief by telling her father before running away. The bastard was a wonderful man. He kept Grace and his granddaughter in very nice circumstances after kicking them out. Raleigh should have released the information first to destroy Cam's reputation. Then he could have let him know who did it. No winners in this story. Another top notch offering from the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fun!!

Wow! Look at all the fun you can have, just by fucking around on your spouse! A family destroyed, lives destroyed, innocent children crippled and mentally handicapped as a result of incest, needing daily care for the rest of their lives -- yeah! Nothing but fun, fun, fun! Go out and cheat on your spouse today! Then fuck your children! Then fuck your grandchildren. Yaaay!

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Damn, that was bleak!

Maddy and Morrison were well suited to each other... both of them were real pieces of shit.

ranec1ranec1over 5 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
IT IS VERY HARD TO PUT THINGS BACK TO SQUARE ONE

but an honorable man has to try, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
DEPRESSING.

DARK,DEVIOUS,DRASTIC,DELIGHTFUL,DISESTABLISHMENTARIANISM (sorry run out of d words) , 5*****.

kdcee79kdcee79over 6 years ago
Indeed, a dark tale

Dark - yes; sad - certainly; well written - very; could it happen - perhaps. Congrats on bringing forward this very different offering from the normal LW stories. I can't say I truly enjoyed this but I found it strangely compelling. Once again FM congrats. 5 *****

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 6 years ago
Quite depressing

I think it would be a real challenge to write a darker or sadder tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
never liked

Stories where cheating wife dies before her adultery becomes known. Just seems so wrong especially when husband comforts her while she dies of cancer.

Liam Neisen film a few years back was same. Worse for him for his wife's final act was to inform him she had been happiest when with her lover.

Now that calls for exhumation, cremation, urination of ashes, and deposition in landfill!

phil2213phil2213almost 7 years ago
Depressing story

I don't know where stories like this come from but I think ignorance is bliss on this one. I enjoy reading your stories and I think you might consider me a fan. I wasn't impressed with this story but it was written well and the outcome was the best it could be under the scenario you laid out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
WOW!

Very strange story!

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

should have had a dna test on the other child

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WHAT A DEPRESSING STORY

She-it man! I read the story in anticipation of B.T.B. Hell what I got was one of the sadest stories I have read! Story is Fantastic! Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Seriously !

To all you dick heads who somehow have come to the conclusion that these stories are real life, wake the fuck up !!! What the hells the matter with you. It's fiction. It's made up. It's just for entertainment purposes. The characters ARE NOT REAL !

Sheeeesh !! Stop reading these stories if your little brain tells you they are true. You may need some therapy to get around those thoughts. To the author: nice writing. The story was sick, but the writing superb. Thanks. Please grace us with more from your fertile mind. A 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
poor DrSemblance

i fear his daddy must have fucked him at some point, to be so abusive and upset over a STORY!

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

You cunt!

Incest stories should come with a warning!

You piece of shite had him KNOWINGLY fuck his own daughter and produce a diseased daughter/sister out of it.

Why the fuck is this in loving wives and not incest.

I do NOT read incest... unless it is like here, hidden!

You warped fuck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
GOOD GRIEF

If I had been the poor guy in this story, I would have given myself an early appointment with a vehicle, garage and hosepipe. How will he be able to live with what his life became? As others have said, the story makes one wish to kick something. I suppose this is down to the strength of the story but I do feel cheated somehow.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Another one of your pathetic stories

With a daughter like that, who needs enemies? She made every wrong move possible to deal with the situation. Obviously she had no respect for the man who had reared her. Why else would she not tell him about her mom's cheating? Why would she run off to her real father and have a child with him? Why would she spill the beans at all considering how long she had kept shut about it?

Just a fucked up story in totality. The gods have nothing to do with it. Don't blame them for what sick humans do.

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago
i love the darkness.

thank you.

GuentharGuentharalmost 8 years ago
Revenge on Maddie

I've read this story several times and I cannot think that she wouldn't confess during her struggles. As deeply as she betrayed Raleigh, and the emotion of finding out the way he did, I can only think of one revenge. Most long term husband and wives (35 years) are buried together side by side. I would leave her by herself for eternity with a marker inscribed with her maiden name, and have myself cremated so I would never have to be next to her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
One hell of a tale!

We don't really need the facts that the critics allege to have been overlooked. Fleshed out, I guess this could have been a novel. But this is a place for short stories or novellas. The impact of the story wouldn't have been enhanced by including those.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
yup

Not one of the run-of-the-mill LW stories peppered in this site. 5 stars for being unique!

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago

The only thing missing was any closure on his wife's affair. What were her motivations? How often? Did she truly have regrets? Did she continue the affair after her daughter found out? Did she know that her daughter took up with this guy? Hints here and there, but too many unanswered questions.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 8 years ago
Second time through...

A fitting ending to a sad story. Still love it. Still five stars.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 8 years ago
Thoughts

I agree with betrayedbylove and KarenE, how much more harm could she have done to her family by exposing her mother’s affair than she did?

Yes, probably her parents would have gotten a divorce, but she would have been there to support her father.

Instead he got to grieve his missing daughter, continue living with his cheating wife, and his daughter gets seduced by her birth father and is forced into sick acts, gives birth to her father's child/grandchild, and we'll never know how much recessive genes activated by the incest led to the CP.

Yup, would have been terrible to break up the family!

Pappy7Pappy7over 8 years ago
Just proves

that when a whore wife raises a daughter she has a good chance of turning out just like her. The example of the mother and how she acted and how she treated her husband will live with the children, especially girls, forever. Story sucks, sorry FM, but it does. I don't understand men like the husband, but I guess there are some or more than some because there is so much disrespect for men in our society. Oh well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
sorry his wife was a professional whore, he raised her bastard who turned her back on him, then intentionally became a whore by committed incest with her father

why would he not publish the info, and why would he bring the bastard and her bastard into his life? Is he just a masochist needing to be beaten into the ground?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
The one thing he did wrong

He should have still released the information to the press. Death only solved the problem with that low life SOB. He needed to clear the air about his EX-wifes infidelities. Does burning the bitch make any changes? No, but I will guarantee he will finally get a good nights sleep when everyone realizes that she was not as nice of a person everyone thought that she was. Is there revenge after death? Yes. If only for his own peace of mind.

tazz317tazz317about 9 years ago
THE BASEMENT WOULD BE DARKER

since the cold and mold is down there. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Awful

One star. What a horrible excuse for a wife and daughter he had.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
and yet another

And here we have yet another daughter of a cheating slut that proves the acorn does not fall far from the tree.

Keeps her mothers affair secret.

Runs off and has an incestuous affair with her biological father.

Shows no respect or love for the man who raised her even though he was the one she was closest to as a child.

I would probably turn her in for the incest, would her daughter be better or worse off being raised by someone other than a second generation skank and felon?

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Iron Dragon is correct about the two stories

As has been noted, this is one dark but well-written story. I think I like it better, though in terms of plot than DoYaKen's story. Of course, Mac warned us up front about the darkness in his title.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
way too dark

and about as Angry as possible.

The cheating wife kept on cheating after being discovered, eventually driving her daughter out of the house, never apoligised to her husband, but gladly took all of his attentive care in her final days. The big man in Chicago was the ultimate scumbag. The easy way out was too good for him.

leaving us with a sad, broken, man caring for the daughter and granddaughter of someone else. probably wondering if he should have a DNA test run on his "son".

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Also

You'll notice upon rereading that Grace not once says anything disparaging about her real father. She obviously doesn't hate him. In fact, her ONLY grievance seemed to be that he dumped her! In fact, she talked about him in very glowing terms. She was praising him! Boasting about his prowess as a lover and seducer, about how kind and honourable he is! This girl is sick! It wouldn't surprise me if she had threesomes with both of her biological parents! She started to mention some of the things she did with Morrison, before Raleigh cut her off. I wonder if that is what she was going to say?

What the fuck is wrong with Raleigh? Why would he want her in his life? She has about the same level of loyalty as her mother had! She went to Chicago voluntarily, and SOUGHT a sexual relationship with the man she claimed to despise! And even when she was telling Raleigh about it, she seemed to be gloating! When he asked her to stop, that he didn't want to hear any more, she pressed on, determined to hurt him. She said she had wanted to protect her family, but as soon as her mother was safely dead, she suddenly had an overwhelming desire to confess all, when the only person that could be hurt was Raleigh, when it was too late for him to get any satisfaction or revenge on his whore wife. So, who was she really trying to protect?

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
I wish

Grace would have killed herself too! She was just like her cunt mother. She cheated on her 'daddy' every bit as much as her whore mother did. By keepibg her secret, she was protecting her, so she was every bit as guilty. She didn't go to Chicago to comfront her mother's lover, she went there to seduce him. She was jealous of her mother, yet wanted to be like her. She wasn't protecting her family, she was trying to have what her mother had.

People that keep secrets for, and protect cheaters, are scum, and just as low as the cheaters themselves.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
Pathetic

I have nothing but contempt for the loser. He wasn't a husband; he was a roommate. I cannot conceive having so little to do with his wife's life, that she could carry on like that for all those years.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
no thanks

Sorry I read it. Way too fucking dark for me. Frankly I would have stopped all contact with my whore daughter for not telling me about my whore of a wife and making me spend a lifetime with someone she couldn't even stand to live with. So, in point of fact I did not like your story in the least.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
@Betrayedbylove

I agree. I believe at that point her brother was already out of the house, she's gonna run away, how much more could it hurt the family if she told her father about the affair?

VickieTernVickieTernover 10 years ago
My God!

One of the best plots and sequential revelations I've ever encountered (short of Wm Faulkner). Until the end-suicide, just when ultimate moral perceptions might be encountered or revealed and you bug out so the story won't become a novel. But no matter -- the issues raised are extraordinary, and profound, and the attitudes toward them equally so. Five Stars Plus! You are a profound writer even though you haven't found an idiosyncratic enough prose style to gratify the supercritics (only a first-rate, adequate, and functionally clear style, but who cares about merely that?).

bearbait2002bearbait2002over 10 years ago
not bad

I enjoyed the story.Full of emotion and judging from the commits made here it seems you have struck a nerve on more than one person here. Times are changing around the world now.People don't respect the old truths.Morals are not what they use to be.Love just seems to be a word people use.Like any other word. If it were true, and love was present in their lives then there would be no cheating and hurting the people in their lives.It just seems to me that people are not going to be loyal.I'm just an old fashion kind of man.One woman,one man,equals family.And like so many of the readers here,i found that was not the case.I still carry the scares and pain.I know this sounds crazy but reading your stories has been instrumental in my healing.Keep up the good work.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Damn

Tough tale for me. The fucking cheating skank slut cunt twat wife went to her grave without revealing her sins to her husband. She now burns forever. The daughter's biggest mistake was not telling her father when she found out. She should have had the confidence in her father to reveal the truth. Instead she just left. The asshole prick lover killed himself. He burns also.

I can't rate this tale. It hits too close to home.

All dead cheaters burn in hell.

CharlieB4CharlieB4over 10 years ago
Standard fare

Usual BTB done very well.

However I think it is rather a long bow to draw to say that Deyaken stole the story. He wrote a story from a similar begining, a man find out his wife has been cheating after she dies but I'm afraid the stories are noticeably different. This wife continued on the affair until her own daughter broke it up.

The really significant difference is that he didn't post a nasty comment in front of his story about how crap other similiar stories are and how he intends to put the world right.

IronDragonIronDragonover 10 years ago
Damn...

DeYaKen really did rip this one off for "She Chose Me". The difference between Raleigh and Vaughn is that Vaughn is a wimp, while Raleigh did what he had to do. I hadn't read this one before, but Mac is a damn good author. I just finished it, and nothing could top this one! Asshole realized his life from then on would be a living hell, so he chose to send himself to hell instead and took the coward's way out. Fitting.

5 Big Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

The only thing left is for Raleigh to piss on Maddy's grave.

Great story, easy 5 stars.

Raleigh is a strong male who righted his ship, unlike Deyaken's pussy whipped one.

No wimps here.

Thanks CBM for pointing the original story out, and proving beyond doubt that Depuking stole it and wimped the husband.

I choose this story. LOL

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Blameless women

Thought the story was good but after reading most of your stories I have to wonder why the women come off as being without any sort willpower at all? I mean both wife and daughter got together with the same guy and he just forgives them but blames the guy. Why? You can blame the "predator" guy as much as you want but unless he raped them every time then a simple no would have stopped it from beginning but still all the blame falls on the guy. The daughter talks about this and that why he was irresistible but in the end she had no more loyalties to he "Daddy" than her mother had and I can't understand why he would ever want to have her in his life again. Someone so disloyal, I mean can you imagine the Godfather movie and him forgiving his brother for the betrayal?

Sorry to rant but after reading your stories this part really bothers me, the way you always get the women to be completely without blame and the revenge needs to be taken out on the guys who seduced them. We all have free will so unless they rape them I can't really see how the guys are to blame.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous