All Comments on 'The Dream'

by moll65doll

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
sacksackover 18 years ago
Not very believable.....

As a gay man, I think it would be highly unusual for the male protagonist to think of the female in terms of buying her lingerie, wanting to screw her, etc. Unless you subscribe to the theory that there is such a thing as a true bisexual. I personally think men use the term "bisexual" to be more socially accepted and to downplay their true homosexuality. Otherwise, this story needs some editing...tenses are incorrect, letters are left out, etc. The ending is a little flat as well. And I don't quite understand the need to use the corny names, that sound like something out of Norwegian mythology. I get the feeling English is not your native tongue from the rather odd way you string together words. Frankly, I don't know what kind of message Laurel and Manu are giving us here....that a "diamond in the rough" such as this fully merits an "E"??

rgraham666rgraham666over 18 years ago
As a straight man…

whose got it bad for a gay woman, I quite enjoyed this piece.

The central characters were well described, becoming very real.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Dull

Poor grammar. Dull, cliched storyline. Not original in the least. How this ended up with an "E" is anyone's guess. Maybe the people in charge are throwing darts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Interesting

Straight woman here. I found the story interesting. Would love a part 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good

I think it's good read. Obviously Laurel and Manu must have think this is worthy of an 'E" or else why would they bother right?

Thanks Moll65doll

BlackShanglanBlackShanglanover 18 years ago
Most intriguing language and style

I like the off-balance feel of this, coming in with a feeling of bare, simple narrative, as if uneasy with the language, but with a pleasant music behind it at well - dancing slightly off-beat but rather gracefully. The story moved me; I understand some of the objections to it, but it worked for me. I liked it much better for her refusal; that, to me, gave this the depth and strength that it has. Thanks for a very interesting read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
LOVED IT!

Could we pleaseeee get a part two?! I would love that :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous