The Dryad and the Woodsman

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Myhands316
Myhands316
1,185 Followers

Layn couldn't take it anymore. As soon as he felt Elmira squeeze him in her climax, he was seconds behind her. He held her as close as he could, as he sent his seed deep into her. He had never achieved this close of a connection with any other woman. After his second spasm, he tumbled into the dark, holding onto Elmira, never wanting to let her go.

As the spasms subsided, they collapsed back onto the bed, heaving with their exertion. Layn couldn't move as Elmira lay on top of him, holding him fast inside of her. Layn, knowing he was starting to go soft, twitched with every softening contraction. Finally able to move his hands, he pushed the mass of hair out of her face and kissed her softly.

"I love you my fae-woman." He said softly in between kisses.

"I never knew it could be like that." Elmira gasped. "In over a hundred and fifty years, I never imagined." She added, sending chills down Layn's spine.

Layn's head spun at her declaration, but his body reacted to the love in the statement by firming back inside of her. Kissing her again, he turned her over and took what she freely offered. Her eyes went wide as she felt him move in her again.

Elmira thought at first he was going to separate from her, but was surprised when she felt his fullness move deeper inside her and her body respond. "More..?" She gasped out, now looking up into Layn's eyes.

"Yes love... as much as we can take; my beautiful faerie-woman." He smiled down and plunged into her again, making her moan.

He took his time, since the urgency had been appeased. He held his rhythm steady, watching his lover respond under him. Before he had intended though, Elmira copied his movements and reached up and ran her hands over his chest, flicking his super sensitive nipples. Groaning, Layn increased his speed and as soon as she contracted on him, sent his second intense orgasm inside her, filling her to over flowing.

Both were out of breath as they lay next to each other, arms and legs still entwined. Layn wanted to profess his love again, but was quieted by her soft kiss. Before it was done, they had both slipped into slumber.

***

Images flashed before his eyes as Layn came awake. He wanted nothing more than go back into the dreamland where he loved Elmira and she loved him back. He wanted to know the bliss of being buried in her body, loving each other until they could stand no more.

It was no use. The bright sunlight was streaming in the window, through the open curtain, and right into his eyes. Moaning at his sore muscles, he reached over to where he expected her to be and found nothing but empty bed. Sighing, he sat up and rubbed his face. He wondered if it was all a dream. It wouldn't have been the first time he'd had those dreams about Elmira and knew it wouldn't be the last.

Not fully awake, he stumbled into the bathroom and relieved the nightly pressures. If he was awake, he would have recognized the signs of the night's activity on himself. Groaning, he knew he needed a strong cup of coffee to get moving this morning. In nothing but his shorts, he stumbled into the kitchen, to be again greeted by the naked vision of Elmira, as she fixed him his morning meal.

"So I wasn't dreaming...?" He muttered astonished.

"Well, there you are sleepy head. If you were dreaming, then so was I, Love." She said and turned to him. "Although I didn't know dreams could leave marks on the skin." She smiled down at her breasts.

Layn saw the marks his hands and lips had made on her. He growled and came to her. "Did I hurt you?" He asked, and leaned down and started kissing the marks.

Elmira sighed contently. "Only in the way it is supposed to hurt, My Love. Now stop that, or your breakfast will burn." She softly pushed him away. "We have a busy day ahead of us, and you'll need your strength."

"Yes, rightly so, if you plan on using me like that again." Layn smiled and kissed her.

"Stop it. Go take your bath... the water should be warm enough. I'll call when the food is done. You might want to strip off the bedding too. We made a mess of it." She blushed and turned back to her pans.

He did as he was told, feeling much better after he was clean. As he stripped off the bed, he realized he wasn't mistaken. The evidence was there for him to see. She had come to him pure. He wondered if the rest was also true and what she meant by the hundred and fifty year remark. Shaking his head, he jumped when she called him to the table.

Lucky for him, Elmira was dressed in her usual long dress when he sat down across from her. "What do you have in mind for today?" He asked as he started eating.

"We must ride Roan to my tree... my home." She said, hoping it wouldn't cause an argument. She knew for the wedding to be complete, they needed to be where she was born, or who knew what disaster could happen.

"Named my horse, have you?" Layn smiled. "I hate to tell you Love, but the pass is clogged with snow." He cut into his steak to find it cooked to perfection.

"I did nothing of the sort. Roan is his name... always has been." She smiled. "Besides I know the way. It will take longer, but it has to be done today." She said mysteriously.

"Your wish is my command, My Fae-Woman." Layn teased.

"That is one of the things that need attended to. You must know who and what I am before it can be complete." She sighed. "Eat now, or we will never get there." Layn wanted to tease more, but felt the underlying stress from Elmira. Eating his fill, he got up and went out to get the horse ready for the long ride.

On the way there, they were happy to ride in silence. Elmira leaned into Layn's back, rocking with the gate of the big brown horse under them. When Layn got to the point where he turned Roan to the north pass, Elmira took his hands and directed him to the east. Layn just shrugged and allowed her to lead the horse through his hands.

An hour later, he directed them under a huge arch of twin old oaks. "This is my valley. Those two are the Guardians. You could have never passed unless I had welcomed you." She said as the passed under their wide branches. "It's not far now." She led the horse back to the north.

Layn looked to his right and spotted the silhouette of a wolf tracking them. "We're being watched." He told her quietly.

"You're just noticing? Greymane has been with us since before the Guardians. He lost his mate from a trap and I give him shelter. He feels the need to protect me. He is the sire of the pack that met you that first night. I'm afraid he won't make it through this winter."

Layn felt the still watchfulness around him. "It feels like I'm being tested." He said looking around him.

"No, they are just curious. I've known for some time you were coming. They know you have already passed the test, or you wouldn't be here." She directed Roan to a hollow that was covered by a huge Elm tree. Under the tree, Layn could see the outline of a hut. Roan stopped without guidance in front of the hut.

"This is my home. I welcome you." Elmira said formally. With Layn's help, she got down from the horse. "Come with me, Roan knows where he can stay warm while he waits."

Layn didn't say a word as he followed Elmira to the low branches of the huge tree. Touching one of them, a small gap formed. It was just big enough to let them pass. "My tree is sleepy, but she feels the warmth of the coming spring." Elmira smiled at the confused look on Layn's face.

"When I called you a Faerie-Woman... I was right wasn't I?" Layn asked in a hushed voice.

"No... I am not a Faerie. Most of those passed long before I came. I am born of a man and a woman, right here under the sapling of this tree. I am told it sprouted the night my parents shared their marriage bed. Sit you and I will tell you all." She motioned to a low bench.

"You know it doesn't matter, I love you no matter who or what you are." Layn said taking the indicated seat. "How is it warm in here?" He asked, taking off his coat.

"We can start there." Elmira smiled. "It is warm here because of the love we shared last night." She held up her hand to stop Layn's question. "Give me a minute and I will explain everything. Then you can make the final decision." She pushed back her long hair and sat looking at him.

"I am a Dryad... I am bound to my tree, and she is bound to me. That is why I was so afraid when you fought that Banshee. You not only took my death away, but my tree's also. Her name is of course, Elm... well it is longer than that, but my name is Mira. Together we are Elmira Greenbrier. All my daughters will also be Greenbriers. It has been this way for twelve centuries."

"How old are you, Love?" Layn asked, trying to take in what he was being told.

"A bit over one hundred and fifty winters have passed since I started counting. It has been over forty to fifty since I went into town. I stopped counting for awhile after my mother's tree was burned by lightning, taking my parents with it."

"So, that was you in the photograph...?" Layn blurted, not able to stop.

"Yes... I was mourning my parents and this young man was almost able to take advantage of it. If it wasn't for Millie, he would have cut the woods down. She was the one who told me of his plan. I swore I would never go to town again, after I showed him some of my power and sent him running."

"You said something about completing what we started and a choice? What is it I must complete?" Layn asked, not wanting to think about the ramifications of his actions the night before.

"The binding. You have to know about me and accept me for who and what I am, before our marriage can be complete. I never expected it to happen this fast. Nothing in my life has. I thought I had time to explain it to you slowly and in a few seasons we could make the decision together. I thought I had rationalized it all out. And then the fire...." She sighed. "You saved so many of my Tree's children. You saved me and my tree. I was eternally bound to you if for nothing but that."

"Marriage...?" Layn asked astounded.

"No, not what you think of as Marriage... I have seen your thoughts on that. It is a binding as God meant it to be. I cleave unto you and only you, and you do the same, knowing that I will most likely out live you by centuries, unless of fire or beetle disease. I will mate no other and we will meet again when time stops."

"You said something about finishing..."

"You made me fertile last night.... If we bind ourselves together this night, there is an equal chance of either fruit being born out this spring. Then the Marriage will be complete. I have fought it as long as I possibly could, but your magic was too strong."

"What magic...? I don't have any magic." Layn said his head spinning.

"You have the strongest of magic... a pure heart. After all you have seen and lived through; your heart is still pure. You live in balance with nature, knowing what to give and what to take. Never taking what is not yours and giving to those others would spurn. At first, I thought to bind with you so our lands could bring many new saplings into being." She smiled wickedly. "Last night when you could have taken, you gave. When I thought you could give nothing else, you gave me more. That is the strength of your magic." She softly stroked his face.

"Love, I can't say I understand one word out of three of what you're telling me." Layn said getting up. "But what I gave you last night; I can never take back. Dryad or Faerie or Sprite, it matters not to me. I love you!" Elmira gasped at his words. She had been preparing herself to let him go, so strong were her feelings for him.

Standing up, letting her dress fall to the ground, she asked. "So, will you bind with me, of you own fee will? Will you take me and put aside all others until God calls us home?"

Deep down he knew there was an ancient formality being met. "If you bind only with me of your own free will, keeping whatever we may bring into being and setting aside all others; then yes I will cleave to you and only you."

"Yes..." she breathed. "And you say you don't have magic. Come let us see what magic we can make together." She opened her arms to him.

Again, Layn didn't know how he became to be naked, nor did he care. The fission of warmth started again as soon as their lips met. He pulled her up into his arms, her legs circling him. As she slid down, she gasped as he speared into her unimpeded. Layn took two steps back and leaned against the bark of the tree, finishing the connection.

Her eyes going wide, she instinctively grabbed a low branch as they moved together. She held on as he moved inside of her. Her head spun as she felt the consciousness that was her other half. Together they all consummated the binding.

Layn didn't know what was happening, as a strength he never knew he had, swelled in his body. He moved with deliberation, giving his lover as much pleasure as he could. It seemed like hours as they stood together undulating as one, bringing forth the life giving spark. He thought he felt the tree move as he and Elmira crested together.

His legs could no longer hold their weight. So, slowly as he could; he slid down the rough bark, not caring about the marks the tree had given him. In his arms, Elmira was gasping in her release. She held Layn close with her head leaning on his shoulder. It was with satisfied relief; she pulled Layn down in her bower and cuddled him to sleep.

***

Sleep still clouded his mind, he wondered where he was. He felt Elmira, or Elm and Mira laying with him. He even realized he had become connected in the most intimate of ways as he spooned Mira. He sighed contently. This wasn't about more sex, but the love he never thought he could find.

"There is no difference between us. We together are Elmira." She said answering his thoughts. "She does thank you for including her, but know now, that she will always be with us especially when we are coupled. You sealed that bond as well."

"Great, two of you to keep happy... I suspect I can catch it from both of you as well?" Layn teased and nipped the succulent neck in front of him.

"Only when needed... Morning Love... yes it's real." She smiled back at him. "Just as real as you resting inside of me. Though I don't think you can make me any more fertile." She stretched languidly.

"You said the seed wouldn't sprout until spring. I have a few more weeks to make sure I plant as many seeds as possible." He nipped her ear, but didn't move the connection they shared.

"Oh, so I married a randy one, did I? I hope you can keep up once spring hits full force and my tree is fully awake. She wants us to go to our cottage and let her sleep in peace." She added smiling.

"You know the townspeople won't accept us unless we get married in a church." Layn said seriously.

"We'll attend to that on the spring equinox.... Easter I think you call it. It's a mere formality. Know that now bound, we can never be unbound, even if we live not together. If you try and take another woman, then yes, you will feel the wrath of my tree." She warned him.

"There isn't another I would want." He cupped her breasts. "And, if you were to seduce another man?" He asked half teasing.

"I cannot. Not even if one would try by force. You are the only one that can come into me. That is why I was so frightened after I was sick. What if I was bound to someone I couldn't make life with?"

"Hush now." Layn said as he finally moved and turned her over. "What is done is done. I love you and you love me. That's all I need for right now. We have forever for me to get used to the idea of being married to one of the fair folk." He started kissing her and playing with her nipples, but was interrupted by a loud cracking sound above them.

"Enough of that now..." Elmira giggled. "Our tree said she is still sleepy and to take ourselves away so she can finish her sleep in peace." She pushed Layn back and climbed out of the bower. She tossed Layn his clothes. "Get you dressed husband. I'll call Roan to take us home to the cottage."

***

They talked and laughed all the way back to the cottage. Layn would often stare off into the distance, trying to wrap his thought around being mated to Elmira. What would it be like being with a woman who never ages?

"I age sweetheart. Just not as fast as you." She said, snapping him back to the horse they were riding.

"How is it you know what I am thinking?" He asked perplexed.

"It's not that hard. It shows on your face. It is also part of my gift. I have learned to read the meaning behind the energy you send out as you pass. If you had the time, I could teach you how to do it." She smoothed down his hair.

"How long did it take you to learn?" Layn asked, feeling the tingle down his spine.

"Once I really set my mind to it.... About fifty years. Not that long really. It just takes time and concentration."

"You toss off decades like jackstraws." Layn shivered.

"Don't worry love, since you allowed our tree into our bonding, you will live longer than most. It is one of the reasons we have to be careful who we mate with. My father had just hit his one hundred and seventieth year when they perished. It took me a long time to realize that they went together while making love, but they wouldn't have wanted it any other way." She sighed. "I never knew what my mother meant until that first night with you. I always wondered why my father was so tired during spring." She smiled slyly.

"What do you mean?" Layn asked as he turned Roan down toward the cottage.

"I'll let you think about it, Love. I'm sure it will come to you." She giggled, reminding him of the bird call he had heard when he first got there. He wanted to ask more, but Roan had other ideas as he scented his stable and the warm straw waiting for him and broke into a hard trot.

***

The snow and cold kept them in the cottage, doing what most newlyweds did. Oh in between, they talked and took care of the cottage. It seemed that Elmira had definite ideas about how the cottage was to be set up. She usually only had to ask once, and if that didn't work, she would send Layn outside to tend Roan, and then change it herself. Layn would only sigh and shake his head.

The next shock came as one day, Layn, trying to surprise his wife, got careless and spilled hot soup down his front. No sooner than the yell was out of his mouth, Elmira was there. He watched in disbelief as she made a small motion and his shirt was open and under him.

"How do you do that?" He hissed as her hand went over the burn.

"Do what Love?" She asked, looking to see how bad he had damaged himself.

"That thing with the clothes? I just realized you've done it before... I was just wondering how." Layn said as he felt the burn leaving his skin and flowing into his wife.

"You wear natural fibers. I am a Dryad." She said like that explained it all.

"And so...?" He asked touching her cheek.

"I am of the land, a master of it, if you want to put it in those terms." She told him as she made sure he didn't permanently harm himself. "I have sway and control of anything made by the land. Your cotton and buckskin is easy. I wove my clothes to match what I have seen in your mind. Most times, I just wear enough to keep me comfortable, or nothing, so I can absorb the life giving light." She said leaning her head into his hand.

"My Fae-Woman.... What other surprises do you have for me?" He leaned in for a kiss. He felt the dress start to move under his hand. "Let me watch." He said and moved back. His eyes went large as the cloth parted in the front, exposing her ripe breast and then slowly slid down to the floor, closing itself as it went.

"A fine thing, when you rather watch my dress, rather than me, standing here for your pleasure." She chuckled as she stepped closer.

Myhands316
Myhands316
1,185 Followers