The Ebony Alpha Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey Dru are you okay? You were just staring at the monitor."

"I was just trying to see if I could see the images better, that's all."

"Well I know a guy in New Orleans at headquarters who can enhance these images. I guess it will have to wait until I go back home."

"I thought this was your home now Stephan. Silas is now your Alpha."

"Shit I forgot. Do you think he will let me continue working for the ASI?"

"I bet he will have a long talk with you and Alisha after the holidays. You are on vacation until then, so just enjoy yourself."

Stephan saved a copy of the pictures on a flash drive and put it in his pocket. He closed the file and turned off the computer.

"You're right. I need to relax and get to know my mate better."

"By the look of things, I would say you know her well enough."

The two friends laughed and left the archives. Stephan went to join his mate, and Drusilla to the main house to await her Mother's arrival. She couldn't help but wonder what her surprise could be.

She knew her mother was attracted to the darker side of the male population, but Fabio Marconi? That was low even for her.

Drusilla also wondered how she didn't know her mother knew Fabio. Her mother had a lot of questions to answer and Dru couldn't wait to get her alone.

Drusilla looked out the window once more and was surprised to see Jacques Metairie leaving. Something important must have come up for him to leave now. They were bestowing names tonight on his grandchildren.

She watched as the black limousine pulled away from the curb. As it pulled out of the main drive a black BMW sedan pulled into the curved driveway of the Chambers' Pack land.

She knew this car and hurried outside to greet her mother. As she neared the car the passenger side opened and a tall man emerged from the car.

Carlotta ran around the vehicle to greet her daughter and introduce the man towering over her.

"Hello Drusilla so good to see you dear!" Her mother cried sincerely.

"Hi Mom I'm happy to see you too." Drusilla hugged her mother never taking her eyes off of the man looking down on her.

A man she recognized from photos from her childhood. This man was her Father.

******************

Jacques Metairie hated leaving his family especially today, but this couldn't wait. His contact wouldn't be in the states for very long and he needed to speak with him right away.

It had been a long time since he had seen his old friend and they were anxious to meet. Guy had been living in South America for years and didn't want anyone to know he was here.

They had met about fifty years ago when Jacques had tried to recruit him for the ASI. Unfortunately Guy had been in love and wanted to settle down.

This Vampire was a rare find, because he could call him friend. He relaxed as his man drove back to ASI headquarters. It would take half of the afternoon to get there so he took the time to reflect on the first time he'd met his friend.

Fifty years ago

Jacques Metairie and his companion Jack Broussard left the Jambalaya Café and headed back to the ASI headquarters. They liked to walk the short distance since it helped them work off a few calories.

But as they made their way down the street Jacques could feel they were being followed.

"Jack I am pretty sure we are being tailed. Can you sense our shadow?"

Jack scented the air and shook his head. "I can't catch a scent but I do hear faint footfalls."

A car passed slowly by and distracted the two strollers. Then they heard hurried steps behind them.

"Do you think you can out run our unwelcome guest Jack? Let's lead him to the abandoned warehouses by the lake front."

The two men started running and turned right at the next block. Their stalker kept pace and Jacques hissed at his partner.

"Keep running Broussard the person chasing us is proving to be hard to shake!"

"If we can't shift there is no way we can out run him!" Broussard hissed back. His cat could run much faster than him in human form.

Jacques saw an abandoned warehouse and motioned for his companion to follow him inside.

"We are just trapping ourselves Jacques. There is nowhere to run in here."

"But in here we can shift I suggest you get ready to do so." Jacques began pulling off his clothes and so did Broussard.

They waited until it seemed that the danger was finally over. Jacques cursed loudly as the roof gave in and their pursuer stood before them.

"Good evening gentlemen. You gave me a good chase. But I wish you no harm, I have information I wish to share with you."

"And what news could a God forsaken blood sucker have that we need?" Broussard growled already partially shifted his whiskers showing in front of large canines.

"Quiet Broussard. Let him speak." Jacques scolded him quietly but continued to stay on his guard.

"The Witch's council is meeting tonight and they are discussing their issues with the Were Nation."

"But why didn't you just speak to us instead of chasing us down?"

"I wanted to get you alone director. I know who you are and I didn't want anyone to see us having a conversation."

"Director come on, how do we know we can trust him? We are sworn enemies." Broussard pointed out.

"We are not sworn enemies. We just have no need for one another. I guess not until now." Jacques replied.

"There are many of my kind that would love to be a part of your organization. They approve of your efforts to keep your packs civilized. We want the same thing." The Vampire stated.

"But Vampires are faster and deadlier than wolves, why would you involve yourselves with our kind?" Broussard asked angrily.

"Stop questioning our guest Broussard. He hasn't explained himself yet."

"As I was saying; The Witch's Council is concerned about the consequences of the coming Blood Moon."

"I see the Prophecy is widely known. But the outcome is not. No one knows what kind of powers Luna will bestow upon the Chosen One."

"That's just it, we all have unique powers among our own kinds, and the Witches are concerned that the balance will be upset."

"So they are seeking the Chosen One now?"

"I was given the information from my wife."

"I take it she is a witch?" Jacques asked.

"Yes. I have tried to get her to leave the coven that she is a part of but she refuses. Having power is very important to her."

Jacques could hear the sadness in his voice even though he hid it quickly.

"You call her wife, are you not mates?" Jacques inquired.

"It is a long story, for another time. But I want you to know that I came to you because I assume you want to protect The Chosen One."

"Pardon me, before we go any further, but what is your name?"

"I am Andrew Guyon."

Jacques gave the Vampire before him a long hard look. He was tall and imposing but eerily beautiful.

Like all Vampires his strength and power radiated from his body.Deciding to trust this man; Jacques continued the conversation.

"We will protect The Chosen One, but she has not even been born yet. I assure you Andrew; we take care of our own."

Andrew smiled at Jacques and bowed to him gracefully. "If I know who you are Director, don't you think many others do as well?"

Jacques looked at the tall man shrewdly and nodded his head.

"You would be well served to Integrate your agency with other beings of this world and strengthen your ranks."

"If I were willing to consider your idea would you be willing to help?"

"Director! We hardly know this man. He could be lying." Broussard hissed in anger still undressed waiting to shift.

"Do you smell deceit Broussard?" Jacques asked his man. "Do you even smell fear?"

Broussard just stared straight ahead not bothering to answer his superior.

"No you don't and neither do I. Leave us."

"Director, please you need me here."

"Leave us!" There was no questioning the

Director's order and he slowly got dressed, trying to delay his departure.

Andrew tried not to smirk at the over-weight man, and wondered how he could be so out of shape being a Were.

When Broussard finally left, the two men walked out into the night. Andrew whistled, a long slow mournful sound and a black Limousine pulled up to the curb.

He opened the door and motioned for Jacques to enter. "This car would be a better place to talk than the building don't you think." The vampire said as he slid inside the limo.

"Who are you really Andrew? I am no fool and I know that you aren't telling me all that you know."

Sighing loudly, the large man smiled at his passenger. "I am a Guardian of the Prophecy. I have walked this Earth many centuries and my job is just to make sure the writings of old are carried out."

"Where the hell were you when my daughter failed her task?"

"Not born yet, at least not in my vampire birth. Remember your daughter's failure is what spurred the many groups like my own into existence."

"Yes you are right. We have one of our own. But why is a Were prophecy so important to your kind?"

"Because it is not just a Were prophecy. That is why the Witch's Council is concerned. They think that the Chosen one will assume power over all other worldly beings."

"What do they feel that they could do to stop its fulfillment?"

"They want to find out who her parents will be and kill them. That way she will never be born."

"Do they have a way of finding that out?" Jacques said clearly irritated by the news.

"That is complicated. The Council does not dabble in the dark arts any longer, but who knows what they will do if they feel their power is in danger."

"I will have to take this news to the Were Council Elders. Would you be willing to meet with them as well?"

"I will if that will help. I am sworn to help all to keep the prophecy."

"Director here is my card. I must ask that you contact me at my office and we will arrange meeting from there."

"I am thankful for the information you have given Andrew."

"Please director; call me Guy. It will help keep my anonymity."

"Alright Guy. I look forward to our next meeting."

That was fifty years ago, and the two men eventually teamed up to convince all parties to work together. Of course there were some nay sayers; but the threat against The Chosen One was put to rest.

The only regret Jacques had was that Guy refused to join the ASI. Even though he had been instrumental in integrating the agency he wanted no part of it.

"I already have a job Jacques and I have an obligation to uphold."

"I understand Guy, but if you ever need me you know where to find me."

After that the two men and lost touch and Jacques' life had become quite busy to say the least. Trying to acclimate so many different beings into the agency had proven to be challenging at best.

Now hearing from his old friend had him very curious, and he was anxious to see him once more.

As Jacques entered the hotel lobby the scent of Guy swept over him. For many years he had assumed him dead.

"Hello old friend."

"Hello Jacques. I hope the agency is doing well."

"Yes. We are coming along quite well. Having so many different species of beings in the ranks has proven to be very useful."

Jacques looked at his friend and smiled ruefully. "Where have you been all this time Guy?"

"Mainly in South America, I couldn't contact you are anyone else because of the Guardian Elders."

"I am grateful that you are back again. Are you still working for the Guardians?"

"Not any more. No one knew that I was banished from my life here by them. But now the council has withdrawn their ruling against me, and I can come back home."

"I see so this is about a job? You know you have a place in the organization. I have always made that clear."

"I don't need a job; I heard about your problem and I want to help. It will help me while I try to figure out a way to let my family know what happened to me."

"Well I am sure that they will be happy to see you no matter what."

"I'm not so sure, I wasn't allowed to contact them. I sent money on a regular basis to make sure they were taken care of."

"This is something you could have told me over the phone Guy. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see you, but this could have waited."

"I don't think so Jacques. I went to see Carlotta so that we could talk."

"That's a good start, so what happened?"

"Well the strangest thing, I saw myself come out of her house and drive away."

Jacques sat there unmoving his mind working a thousand miles an hour.

"There is only one Andrew "Guy" Guyon, is there not?"

"True my friend but who would Carlotta have impersonating me?"

The two men looked at each other and hissed simultaneously.

"FABIO MARCONI!"

"Where the hell were they going? Did they return to the house?"

"Actually they had luggage and they seemed to be on their way somewhere."

"I had better call my wife. I need to let her know what is going on."

As Jacques made his call, Andrew thought about his little family. His contact had lost track of them for about a month in March and then Carlotta had reappeared on the scene, but Drusilla never came home.

It had troubled him greatly that his contact had been unable to find her. He assumed she was alright, because Carlotta had not gone into mourning.

After he solved the mystery he was now facing, he would find Drusilla. He had a lot of explaining to do.

The Guardian Council had banished him for twenty years. It was not his job for him to interfere without their permission. They conceded that he had helped elevate a war, but it was not up to him to make that call.

He had not mated with Carlotta because she was not supposed to become important to him. She was only supposed to give him a cover to mingle among the Witches.

When she became pregnant he was over the moon, but forbidden from making her his. When he had to disappear he feared for the lives of his little family and obeyed his orders to leave.

He had lived all over South America taking care of assignments for the Guardians, but he was now free from all that.

If Carlotta would have him he would try to reconcile, but what he had witnessed today made that an impossibility.

How could he ever forget what he had seen. He knew she was a genius at making amulets and potions to change a person's appearance.

She would surely be put to death for her part in this, and his daughter would suffer greatly.

Andrew was brought back to the present as Jacques voice rose an octave higher.

"You have got to be kidding me! Carlotta is there?"

Jacques looked at Andrew and shook his head in disbelief. He ended his call and solemnly looked at his friend.

"We have a complication Guy. It seems that Drusilla invited Carlotta to the Chambers' Pack lands for the holidays. Which means that your doppelganger is there as well."

"Why is Drusilla on the Chambers' Pack lands Jacques?"

"I thought you knew, she is mated to a beta and they are members of Joe Chambers' pack. It was newly formed earlier this year, around the time of the Blood Moon."

"No wonder my contact couldn't find her." Andrew thought to himself.

"So what do we do now? Obviously we would cause quite a stir if another Andrew Guyon just showed up."

"If your twin is Fabio Marconi, there is only one reason he is there. He wants to finish what he started; he wants to kill Joe Chambers. And if I know him, he will not miss his mark this time."

"We need to get to the Chambers' Pack lands. Who can you warn about them? Who can you trust that won't make them suspicious?"

"I have many people I can trust, but I feel that we should keep this to ourselves. We can figure something out on the way there.

"I agree my friend. Let's go!"

The two large men left the hotel restaurant and climbed back into the limousine. They knew that they would reach their destination as quickly as possible, but only hoped it would be soon enough.

Fabio was dangerous and by keeping their secret they would ensure the safety of most of the Chambers' Pack. Joe wouldn't be alone because of the ceremony and the holidays.

Jacques figured they had at least the limo ride to make a plan. Knowing they would arrive in the next four hours, that gave them plenty of time.

He only hoped that his reappearance did not spook the man. He would have to make sure that he didn't make him suspicious.

Damn! He hated keeping secrets from Desiree, but she would forgive him. It was for the safety of everyone involved and especially his son in law.

If anything happened to Joe it would be

devastating for Louisa. He didn't want to see her hurt again, and as her father it was his job to make sure it didn't happen.

******************

Persia woke up with Alisha's leg over her trapping her in bed. She moved a little and Alisha turned over moving to the other side of the bed.

Persia hurried to the bathroom and relieved herself. She felt so much better after her talk with Alisha and now she was ready to face her parents.

She took a quick shower and looked at herself in the mirror. She was tall and slim; her eyes were a dark chocolate brown. She let down her hair and it fell down her back.

She liked the braids, but it was a pain to have such long hair. She didn't know what to do with it half the time and so far braiding it had been a good idea.

She dressed and left her room to find her parents. She knocked on their door and waited for permission to enter.

"Come in little one." He Father called.

"Good morning Papa. Good morning Mama." She bowed her head to them and walked into the sitting area to the couch.

"I hope you slept well. Alisha spent the night with me and we talked."

"So Alisha finally got you to talk with her?" Her mother asked carefully.

"Yes ma'am. She made a few valid points and made me realize what a baby I was being."

She looked at her parents with remorse clearly showing on her face and walked over to join them in their bed.

"I'm sorry for arguing with you last night. I know that you only want the best for me."

"Ah ma petite. We are just happy you want to work things out." Aphasia said and enveloped her baby in a big hug.

Charles didn't say anything but snuggled closer to both of his girls and hugged them both. He was content to lay there and let Persia speak her mind.

"I told Alisha that my wolf was afraid that Ralph would run away from us again and that we may not mate. I realized it was because of what happened when Alisha was in heat."

"That makes sense. I was very concerned with your attitude. You have never been so aggressive toward us before." Charles remanded his daughter.

"I need my wolf to meet Ralph's wolf. It will go a long way to calm my other half down. We will need a chaperone of course."

Persia waited to see what her parents would say and snuggled closer into the covers.

"I think that is a good idea. Your actions were causing Ralph a great deal of confusion, and his Father suggested that he remain at home."

"No!" Persia cried rising up in the bed.

"I didn't say he was going to do it Persia. I just meant that your actions caused him to question his instincts. You were not acting like an eleven year old."

"I'm sorry Father. I guess the sooner our wolves meet the better we'll feel."

"It's true Persia. Your scent will be more potent in wolf form. Both of you should be assured of your future bond. It will help seal the deal so to speak." Charles explained.

"Thank you for forgiving me Mama and Papa. I'll go back to my room and wake Alisha. She was very nice to me last night and I think she should go back to her mate."

The two adults laughed and shooed Persia from the room. Persia went back to her room and smiled to see Stephan in her bed with Alisha in his arms.

They were both asleep and looked happy. She decided to get breakfast and left for the dining hall.