All Comments on 'The Farm Ch. 10'

by SumacandIvy

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
canndcanndalmost 11 years ago

You've pulled us in so many directions with this chapter. I can't figure out whether Prize wanted to be with tom or not. God, I'd like to see March and all the rest killed--painfully. I pray he doesn't get to Prize. I was surprised Gordy had a weak stomach for what happened. Afterall, he had Prize treated not much better while he was 'trained.' Part of me wanted to see Gordy redeemed but seeing the damage done to Prize, you can't help but be disgusted by him, despite his change in heart.

You're killing me with all the sub-plots going on and leaving us unsure what fate Prize will meet. But, it is well-written and not disjointed somehow. You masterfully laid out all of these possible fates and left us wondering which will come true.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Have been waiting.

Thank you so much,I have been waiting for this. I knew that it was no where near over and was waiting, now I am waiting for more . Thank you for this update.

chesthairslavechesthairslavealmost 11 years ago
Poisonous SUMAC AND IVY

Poor Prize. Our victim of whips, shackles, manacles, collars and a cacaphony of corrupting tension of terrors, is not finished with his nightmares of venomous visions. Despite the tenderness of Tom, now tainted by his own sexual desires, Prize remains an empty shell of sadness, sorrow, cold skin, and a cold soul. I believe many of us had some hope for a redemption of Gordy. I was disurbed that Gordy dashed from the fight to his club because of the human cruelty he witnessed. Yet he had no issues or problems with the soulless cruelty he befell on Prize. Our beloved author, SumacandIvy is not finished with his depraved tale. Prize must still wear his garland of poisonous sumac green-white berries and leaves in order to achieve his freedom. The entire poison sumac shrub/tree is more virulent to touch, taste than poison ivy or oak. One can die quite quickly from the smoke of burning poison sumac. Mrs. Featherwink, Halden, obsessed March, and decision time Mr. Clever Author... (Gordy or no longer Gordy) are the ivy that detects nearby objects and creeps with its touch sensors to adhere and climb all over and possess. Now a favor please, let Crippled Doris know the location of the remaining Featherwink treasure and have it all. Repulsive Rupert has been murdered. There must be justice. Halden and March aren't exactly innocent of depraved acts. Let them all die from suffocation of burning poisonous sumac smoke. Cannd and LaVieErotique I hope you approve.

LaVieErotiqueLaVieErotiquealmost 11 years ago
Heartbreaking.....

What can I say? You're a courageous writer; the characters are weaving their own stories, despite how we the readers may wish things to be. The different strands of this series are perfectly pitched, they're fluid and inter-connected;cleverly subtle, we are the ones who have to be alert to the clues in your narrative. This is writing that requires participation, investment and authentic emotion. Take no note of what is popular....quality can sometimes be less than obvious. I have waited for this latest chapter and I am not disappointed. Every line is dripping with atmosphere and the tragedy of Prize -- 'my mother sold me to this' -- the simplicity enough to move me beyond measure. Beautiful. A sonnet in prose. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Oh, the humanity! And the lack of it...

This story is bitter and sweet and addictive. I eagerly waiting more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Masterful

I believe eveything you say.I will go wherever you take me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSumacandIvy@SumacandIvy
35 Followers
Always writing since childhood and looking for a hero to emerge from the dust. A hero in search of saving.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES