All Comments on 'The Fifty Year Lie: Husband's Story'

by mikoli5763

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
what a shit

Typical m. shit story -1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

The story is engaging and well written, but has some serious flaws which detract from he enjoyment.

Firstly his relationship with the "step children" is very inconsistent. He is the father of them for decades and suddenly decides that they're worth less than his biological off spring and pretty much cuts them off at the end. Sorry, but it doesn't work that way. Your father is the one that raises you - the other guy is merely a sperm donor - and blood means a lot less than you'd think. Him punishing children who believe him to be their dad for their mothers betrayal is highly out of character.

Secondly the high age and fatal consequences of the reveal made this story fail on a BTB level. The cheaters didn't get burned at all - he basically burned himself.

tazz317tazz317almost 11 years ago
LIAR LIAR AND PANTS ON FIRE

why not worry about the heart and head, TK U MLJ LV NV

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

I liked it. He properly raised the other man's kids and I supposed that the real father had been part of their life too.

I remember from the first story that those kids were angry at him and maybe they were the ones who did not want contact.

Great follow up.

hansbwlhansbwlalmost 11 years ago
The ultimate end?

I fail to understand writers who end their stories where the culprits ends up dead. Barb and John never lived to regret their actions, the story would have made more sense if both Barb and John were fit and healthy and lived a great number of years after, feeling the mental punishment lavished upon them. To see the happy couple enjoying their retirement. But it was your story!

JackorChuckJackorChuckalmost 11 years ago
Sad

A sad story about two selfish people, yes he only became selfish after he found out about her cheating. Personally I cannot imagine any circumstance where I would knowingly raise children that were not mine but then I am not rich.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
sorry

with no time to suffer and regret and have to know tha teveryone else now knows that she was a cheating bitch and he was an asshole ..as far as im concerned just as soon as I made ceo or dad died back when everyone was still young and him n bren could have really enjoyed their life and barb could have spent a lifetime of suffering n regret ...this would have been fine but to announce this when they were both basically dead anyway what a crock

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
No redeeming characters

He was pathetic, his father a bastard, his wife a cheating slut. Even the sister, which you tried to make the hero, is a lowlife mistress. To stay with a cheating slut who never loved you so that you can be CEO is to sacrifice your entire life for money. Pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Pathetic trashy people the lot of them! Nobody to like here so by default pretty much hated the story. You are good at pissing the readers of your stories off I'll say that much.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Reportage, not fiction

Just because a block of text is grammatically correct and flows linearly from one sentence to the next does not mean that it's a story.

There is really no tension here. After he finds the box and talks to his father, it's all over; the rest is just mopping up. The reader has no more feeling, identification or understanding of these characters than with roaches on the kitchen floor when the light is turned on. In other words, you did not create sympathy.

You're smart enough to get better if you want to. Go read Harddaysknight or Ohio; read JBP who has a sense of humor; read writers that piss off lots of people like Matt Moreau. Study the dialogue. What makes the reader care? Hate? Love?

A story is more than just...and then...and then...and then.

Didn't vote. Nothing to vote for. Keep trying.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Thanks For The Sequel

I only wish the fucking cheating assholes lived a little longer to suffer. All cheaters need to suffer. Still an excellent tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
sold his soul for money

how many of you guys would stay with a whore who had another mans children and smile and tell you how much she loved you.. now the authors tells us he could not get as divorce and be in charge of the company his father owned unless he lived his life as a lie with a two faced bitch.. what a farce of a story. over the top . are you saying money talks louder than being happy in life and living with someone else children.. a man would have to be some actor to live 50 years under those conditions.. story is so weak and full of hole to make it laughable

chytownchytownalmost 11 years ago
Well Written***

Dumb ass story. Forty-Six years?? give me a break!!!!!!! I wish you had not shared this garbage. Sorry but that's the way I feel about this story!! Good luck on your future submissions.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This was just plain bad.

How contrived can a story be? His wife and her lover die when he confronts them after 50 years of bullshit? This is not a story. It's a bunch of words. Not good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
You can get stuff to kill ants, but not stuff to kill trolls

Oh, well.

Not your best story, but a good one, all the same.

sugnasugnaalmost 11 years ago
Interesting

Interesting choices made by all. 1. the choice to cheat on, and force a husband to raise another man's kids. 2. the choice to love money more than doing what is right. 3. the choice to then drop the hammer after you have lived the life of a money whore. Yuck, everyone in this nasty little story were weak, sick people who made bad choices, and fucked up their own lives as well as others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
contradictory elements

After reading this story, I couldnt help but wonder what the real intention was here. The story seems to be set up early on as a choice between retribution or forgiveness. The main character's father suggests that love can exist after betrayal - not merely obligation. Although the father's motivations may be mostly selfish here. And the main character admits his feelings still exist after he discovers betrayal. So far so good. You have a real dilemma to explore.

As some readers correctly point out, retribution delivered 50 years later hardly qualifies as such. At the same time, your main character systematically undermines the relationships with wife's children. Clearly no love can be said to exist on his part. He is so detached that he can make long term plans for their future trajectories in careers to suit his purposes. But we are also led to believe that the cheating wife sincerely loves him at certain points.

SO - what is the point? That your character can rather quickly and seamlessly transform into a detached actor living a lie for the legacy of the family business. That the business be passed to true blood lines is the most important thing and eclipses all other relationships and this is the ultimate revenge?

If so, who is less sympathetic? The wife who supposedly loves two men but cuckolds the husband for life, or the man who can be so shallow that established bonds with wife and children can be so easily cast off in favor of commercial interests, and the sister (a different type of revenge?) .

This is like Heathcliffe from Wuthering Heights without any of the plausible motivations. The thwarting of great love makes for a man obsessed with revenge - an obsession so deep that he can spend many years planning it with a singularity of purpose. In the pf this story at hand, there is no love, nor hate really.

In fact, it seems like it become a petty little exercise of moving little chess pieces on a board for a tawdry end game he has in mind. A most underwhelming goal to explore.

Its little wonder the comments here are so derisive. You wander into very fertile ground to explore the human condition and you plant weeds. Sorry if this sounds unkind.

Mikoli, if you have a view on the redeeming qualities of this story, I would be interested to hear it.

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 11 years ago
Yeah right!...

...she loved him..that´s why she let her boyfriend father her children over years; that´s why she even betrayed him at his own wedding.Take that, add a wimpy father et voila: Another story finished to please all those cockless readers that have found a real home on this site..

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caalmost 11 years ago
Hmmm

Is his (main character) dad his dad or his moms boytoy? You' d think they'd want to know

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
re: anonymous- you can get stuff to kill ants..........

Then there is always that moron and idiot who thinks his opinion is the only one that counts. Talk about a troll.

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
Good work

but very unpleasant people. Everyone was tainted..

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichalmost 11 years ago
A very well written but sad story

I don't think it would be hard to love the children of his wife even though they weren't his own, just because they weren't responsible for the turmoil in his life and were children.

What would be hard is not to show his own children the love they deserved, because he wasn't married to their mother when they were born, even though he did support them and their mother. they still needed a dad when they were growing up.

Just a real sad story.

Thanks for the interesting read..

LechemanLechemanalmost 11 years ago
Interesting Story

Story was interesting, sad in elements. Actually enjoyed the critic comments more. What a diverse crowd here. Like most I tend to ignore the Anonymous responses regardless how eloquent they are in their written word, noting with emphasis the long-winded one. Overall, the story was staid in some areas but still interesting to read.

monkcalmmonkcalmalmost 11 years ago
bullshist story -100000

their is not enough money to make me want to raise another mans kids if i thought they were mine, and if my father spoke to me that way the fucker would be picking up his teeth or dead, money vs truth and freedom, respect for elders disappeared along with adults hitting kids, and no one is entitled to one second on my life=moms dads family kids, you can give but no one gets it because its theirs.It is a tale told well about little white people in USA, pretty much why you cant trust or respect anyone any more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Different

The only problem I had with the story was with the abandonment of Barb's Children. They were victims also. How do you remove a child from your life you have loved and nurtured

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

i have submitted a "letter" from the husband to John's children to be received by them at the time of his death. you might find it interresting, or not.

it explaines why he no longer wants to see them.

ramonbrookramonbrookalmost 11 years ago
Confusing

1) Why is Ricks father so adamant about making his son a cuckold?

2) Why didn't he divorce Barbara AS SOON AS he became CEO?

3) Why did he abandon Barbara's kids? They thought he was their father and loved him?

4). If Barbara is so old and frail why did he choose to publicly embarrass her and her kids?

I like the story but i wish your sequels could have answered some questions and I have a lot more questions!

Really the way you have Rick portrayed, he is a royal asshole! Maybe he deserved what he got!

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

why the father did what he did is not for us to know.

why he lived up to his obligations is not for us to know.

my story had more to do with why he did not want to see the kids after the wife died.

why not publically humilitate her she fucked him over for fifty fucking years, so he gets a day of payback. no problem there.

but that is not what this was about. this was about those who wrote "why did he abandone the kids?" and i wrote a story to show why. works for me sorry if it does not work for you. but then again i loved the entire 50 year serise but not many did.

i also added in the 'Uncle" thing to show the kids knew more than they were pretending to know.

but this was about the husband telling them, 'just say thanks for all i did for you and leave me the fuck alone."

looking4itlooking4italmost 11 years ago
Sorry

You did not answer any of the relevant questions and "adding" things to the story to fit your reasoning is ridiculous. Now that I read your reasoning I find it to be an even bigger waste of time and cyberspace.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
His old man must have really hated him

that's the only reason I can think for his father taking the side of the cheating slut over his own son. Now i just have to scrub this trash from my memory.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

daddy was a bit cuckie and tried to pass it on to his son. the son said he did not love her it was the father who told him he was wrong. now he did good by the kids but finally got a set and filed for divorce.

he prayed for the cunt to die - that is not love.

he took a year to plan her huilitation, that was not love.

he called his marriage a farce, that is not love.

he sat emotionless when the whore began to convulse

i mentin this because mikoli and i discussed my 'the fifty year lie" and told me i did not understand his story. i told him i understood what he wrote and while mine added to it nothing was different and his story was the basis of mine.

my story was a letter to barb's kids telling them why he did not want to see them, and only briefly relied on things that were part of the original stories.

by the way - I FUCKING LOVE THIS SERISE!

ALL 5'S!

monkcalmmonkcalmover 10 years ago
a great story

and a sad one because his father was a piece of shit, tell your son to stay with that slut is beyond shitty, but he was free from illusions..his dad didn't love him neither did his wife, i said it before and ill say it again American men put up with way to much shit even in stories, seen worse dad's, cheating kids out of money,dads sleeping with sons wife(they never found his or her remains.. they fled,,wink), drunk and abusive at wedding i mean fist fight with bride (she was a solider kick his ass..snap kick to the face in a wedding dress lol). he made due with what he had only because he had a great woman by his side 1 in a 1000000 to give him strength(lucky bastard). and no violence.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
Please...whatever....plausibilty vs fetish vs insanity

To say this sideshow was a good story is beyond fantasy. The drive for money and status vs a marriage made in hell...what a trade-off. Living a lie for most people is untenable but it does happen. Usually, people have some mutual assent in their pursuit of alternative lifestyle pursuits. This story comprises outright betrayal of a very high magnitude.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
ALL THAT EXTRA HATE ONLY BOUGHT HIM 50% HAPPINESS

and he should have followed his fathers advice to the letter. TK U MLJ LV NV

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Still nothing to suggest he had any good reason

Tto betray his children with Barb the way he did -

They knew nothing but love from and for him and he had done nothing to show them any real reason to believe they were less than his - (they would not understand the crap about public schooling etc.). He cheated innocents and dishonored himself in doing it -

There was enough bad behavior to go around - but the children did not derserve it -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
50 years of betrayal

Will lead to a lot of bitterness.

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
I am surprised that any of them had good health

considering how much anger, frustration, and bitterness was fomenting with the lot of them.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanabout 10 years ago
Pointless

The 2 cheaters both died, the only people who suffered where his children, even if they were not his biologically.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Hmmm

So you find out you're a cuckold and your response is to do NOTHING to the guilty parties until they are literally at deaths door and you show your humanity and compassion to three innocent kids by walking away from them?

Holy fucking psychosis - that is one fucked in the head, sorry excuse of a man.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
You Know

This was a strange tale. How he could wait fifty years is beyond me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Not erotic and not particularly well told. **

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 9 years ago
weird and inconsistent

He claims to not love the children of his wife any less after finding out they are not biologically his.

He claims that he never stopped loving them through the years.

Then he suddenly abandons them.

WTF?

He gives Barb $9,000 a month from his salary, in 1966, before he became CEO.

This was decades before executive wages became an obscene joke.

In those days a new car was less than $2500.

I also wonder if his father hated him?

Was he the product of his mother's adultery?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

BADLY written.

tazz317tazz317over 8 years ago
PEOPLE DO STRANGE THINGS

with or without the money, the rest is window dressing, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
5 for a greats tory and a great effort

One of the best LW stories on here Fuck the annony asshole who hates everything.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
one of the worst

story ever written on lit and i won't curse and swear to prove my point only retards have to do that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
wow. shit story.

no job is worth living a life where u cant respect yourself..

the kids who went to public school who werent his were more successful than the shits he gave his dna to. also he was a total shit for ignoring them after living a lie his entire life..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

life-long cuck.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT 's 1 vote. Eat shit dear annony!

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2about 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT's 1 vote

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One of the most stupid stories I have ever read 1*

Words fail.....

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 7 years ago
Not interesting

It just was not an interesting story to begin with and the various justifications needed to carry the story forward did not help. I gave it a 3 for the effort

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

wimpy cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Silly, sloppy, poorly contrived...

Why didn't Rick, the husband, just have John, the scumbag boyfriend, killed? That's what I would have done, just give the cheating bastard a slow death and an early grave. Then, once the furor dies down, make sure the wife knows it was me - and if she makes a fuss or tells anyone, she'll be next. Let her know the money's already deposited; if I die or go to jail - the assassin will target her. Now THAT would have made an interesting story.

Back in the '60's you could probably have gotten away with shooting the cheating bastard and waiting beside the body for the cops - they took a dim view of cheating wives back then. Of course it would have made the news; everyone would have known about it and what precipitated it and that would have spoiled his daddy's plans, so my first idea was probably best. Take out the boyfriend. Tell the wife, maybe show her a picture of the grisly remains. Let her live her life fearing that today might be the day I'd deal with her. That's a better story than this one. Punishing the kids was completely wrong. I guess being cuckolded all those years really warped the guy.

dewinsludewinsluabout 7 years ago
A father gone bad!

He punished children who were INNOCENT victims of his wife's betrayl! He may not have been the sperm donor but he was the father. He loved them and they loved him. He was the person who held them when they were scared or hurt. They turned to him for guidance. He was the only father they ever knew or would ever know. This just dosen't make since!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
UGH!!!!

REALLY?????!!!!!!!

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

Not impressed. He should have called Barb on it as he found out and as soon as his wife was well enough. John should have been sued. He could have stayed with his wife if it was important but she would have to share him with her sister and watch her sister have his kids. Since he was on the birth certificate John would not have much say in the kids lives if he tried to. Story just does not work for me.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 6 years ago
What a prick

To cut off contact with blameless kids.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It

Was a bit moronic.

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Argh!!!!!!!!!

Would someone stop the movie I want to go Home! Or to Pub (Bar) and get shit faced

You know Jerry Springer would have loved this? JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! JERRY! ( I can't help myself ) Anyway that's my Comment 5 ★ WOOF!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Were you under the influence of drugs when you wrote this? Nothing else would explain this pile of horseshit.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
The end

I feel for the bastard kids,and no one else in this sick story. It is all on Barbara and John. No one else.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Stories like this just aren't going to work in the future. Everyone gets DNA tested now, it only costs 40-100 dollars. I think in some states it is done automatically at birth.

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Love?! She deliberately had kids by her lover what the fuck!

His not children still were punished for something not their fault story says he loves them but just walks away from them? Non sequitur

Errors in switching names also don't believe 46 years accurate based on marriage and children

SigintSigintover 4 years ago
Don't Wonder Why People Are Knocking This

It really is that bad.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 4 years ago
The kids are not to blame.

He raised them and turned his back on a cheating wife. I have no problem with his choices.

On the other hand, the narrator's father is an ass to force his son to stay in a loveless marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I didnt like it

His own father making him stay in the shitty marriage so he can take over his business. I dont care that he had a long term affair with her sister, he was still stuck looking after the whore while she continued to be a slut with her lover. Yeah he got his revenge but only after a whole lifetime of being married to the whore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Shocking

And then the reader dies of shock. But the author anticipated this and had EMT’s standing by as we all read this. The family dynamics just were so awful it was almost unreadable. All that being said, the story outline had alot of interesting ideas.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Now we have the entire story, and there ain't no body left standing. Barbara, the cheating bitch, was the cause of it all . Everything is on her head.

robnilrobnilover 3 years ago
seriously ?

if i followed the timeline right he had his kids with her sister in the late 60's and you want us to believe that he gave her $9,000 a month for support ? you need to be a little more realistic as most people only made that much in a year. also his dad was an asshole. he should have supported his wanting to divorce. all he was worried about was his image. no likeable characters at all. once again the innocent children are the ones who suffer. doesn't even deserve one star.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Ha, his dad was cuckoo. And he's still a bitch for abandoning the people that called him dad. This chapter doesn't do him many favours.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You could have added add a couple of aliens to make the plot more realistic...

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaalmost 3 years ago

Crazy unbelievable story not worth trying to understand. There's no way that I would have stayed married to his slut wife. Guess he stayed married because he was forced to by his soft wimpy father, who would take away his job, his money, and his inheritance. Screw that, he MADE his own son a cuckold to a cheating spouse. Just a terrible idea of a story. 2/5 stars for a screwed up story of a screwed up family.

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Well, in this case I don't see the husband as cuckold, because he had his own love right beside him. They both cuckolded each other so you can say they lived in an open relationship wihout knowing it.

What I would have liked is that both of the assholes (Barb and John) survived and had to vegetate for the rest of their lifes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Written like a 3rd grader with all the exclamation points!!!! Sheezzzz!!!!!!!! On a more serious note, totally unrealistic response by male MC in staying with his slut wife for decades, foisted on him by his father's unbelievably selfish and myopic demands.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
Wait. Robert Sr. is dad to Robert Jr. and Rick/Richard.

Robert Jr. has a son, Robert III.

Rick has children with Barbara/Barb — Rick Jr., Jessica, and Mark (or is it Michael?), who are actually Jon Malone’s children (and Barb and Jon know this).

Rick has children with Brenda/Bren — Robert, and Elizabeth/Lizzie

Why the heck would Rick name his real son Robert? Actually, why would YOU name Rick’s real some Robert?

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonover 2 years ago

Beyond ridiculous. I'm now dumber for having read this. May god have mercy on your talentless soul.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Poor old cheating whore and her lover didn’t survive the party. Good riddance.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What people willdofor love or money. He did this awful act for MONEY. GREED. No morals. What a shit head. And he lead the kids by his first wife to believe he loved them, only to shit on their world at the party. He was as big a dick headed shit ass as his wife.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

Wow, this was bad, in fact all three in this group are terribly bad. A few minutes of life I will never get back. I hope this author is gone.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

This writer scores I never their list of stories is really low. This was dumb.....and bad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a crapload of utter fecal nonsense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ok, so I'm slow on the uptake and only after reading all three parts of this has the big question occurred to me: Why was John Malone even invited to Rick and Barbara's wedding in the first place? What man would allow his wife-to-be to invite an ex boyfriend to share in the occasion and what woman would want him to be there knowing what a distraction he was going to be?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Writing was very good. The story was also good with the MAJOR error of abandoning Band's children. Hard to believe mister high and mighty would do that although he did send Barb's children to public school. And Rick never sent John any message to leave Barb alone?

Could have a follow-on with Lizzie Nd Jessica connecting and discussing their parents decision-making.

Mfj

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What the everlasting fuck!!!!!

First, with evidence that she fucked someone else on their wedding day, he can get an annulment, not a divorce. Also, the traditional, religious crowd are only going to blame him if he was the one cheating. In fact, if he publicly put her away and shamed her, those who value honesty would give him more business!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

he did not stay married to wife #1 for love, but to inherit his fathers company. he sold his soul for the almighty dollar. he is worse than his whore wife

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why would the wife write this on the back of the photo of John and the baby? **Jessica with her real father three days after her birth** She and John know he is the real father. Why write this on the photo? This is a lazy writer's way of clueing in the reader who he didn't think was hard enough to grasp a photo of John holding Jessica with the simple caption of, 'Jessica and father three days after her birth.'

.

The fact that MC's father told him to suck it up, is laughable. More likely, Rick would either badly beat or kill John and walk away when a jury of his peers considered the mountain of documentary evidence. The world was different then.

.

Most laughable was a man in the mid-sixties referring to The Fifties in abstraction, especially the attitudes and beliefs, which were largely unchanged. That social and cultural comparison wasn't a thing until well into the 70s when it was largely fodder for discussion pushing for change. There were few visible differences between the 1950s and 1960s except as it was visible in the counter-culture that began in the late 1950s. Juuuuust dumb.

.

In trying to sound intellectual, OP just beclowned himself.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous