All Comments on 'The Frost King'

by Equilibria

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Nice

That was nice...you should do other fairy tales

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Very enjoyable

I really enjoyed this story -- it has the feel of a traditional fairy tale, and I enjoyed the references to many traditional folk story motifs. I found it intriguing that you characterized winter as male, when I've found winter or snow beings are often feminine -- both in characters such as the Snow Queen or Yuki Onna, and more obliquely, such as in Greek mythology where winter is caused by the goddess Demeter's grief. I think it would be nice if you explored fairy tale themes in greater depth -- the simplicity of this story makes it seem very authentic, but I would also enjoy a more detailed story with more character development.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
More Please

Beautiful story.

Can't wait until the next one. Thank you.

I guess their son Jack Frost carried on the traditional male line.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
A Magical tale!

A beautfully written, magical tale just right for the festive season and beyond.

erin1955erin1955over 14 years ago
aw

aw bless.liked the story,touching.

rosmarinarosmarinaover 14 years ago
Well done!

Lovely and erotic. Good luck in the contest. :)

Ploni_AlmoniPloni_Almoniover 14 years ago
It's sweet, a true fable retelling

Interesting that Queen Mab was remade into The Frost King, but such is the way of the sidhe. :)

Really nicely told. Aside from a few 'tightening' changes, it is a pretty little pearl.

Zodia195Zodia195over 14 years ago
Love it!

I grew up on fairy tales so this one really got to me in all the right ways hehe. I hope you do more of this kind of stuff.

JaisenJaisenover 14 years ago
A beautiful retelling

Lovely! I enjoyed this ever so much.

Boxlicker101Boxlicker101over 14 years ago
This was really good

a fairy tale like many I read and heard as a child, but erotic also. Good luck in the contest.

PikkuKallePikkuKalleover 14 years ago
Delightful!

What a delightful story! As fresh as new-driven snow.

DrDutchDrDutchover 14 years ago
Just wonderful!

What a beautiful thing to read, tender and moving...I think this author will go far...

talkdirty2me70talkdirty2me70over 14 years ago
Magically Written

A great read. Loved the descriptions and the way the story rolled. You captured my imagination and left me wanting to be part of this fairy tale. one spelling error and the tale ended too quickly. great job.

Bianca_SommerlandBianca_Sommerlandover 14 years ago
That was a very sweet story

Little negligible mistakes, but other than that just simply enjoyable. Interested to see what else you'll come up with.

medievalfantasywritermedievalfantasywriterabout 13 years ago
Well done!

I highly enjoyed that one! Thank you for such a well-written story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Simple but satisfying

Wonderful story. I hope you write more like this. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Fairy Tale

Loved this story! It gave a little bit of lemon to Beauty and the Beast.

Sybaris_CaesarSybaris_Caesarover 7 years ago
Great read

I'm wondering if there are other Russian/Slavic fairy tales like these.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77almost 3 years ago

Beautifully written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous