The Gift

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kathy's eyes went past the next two white boxes to the first of the silver boxes. She opened the box and read the words written inside. She slipped the CD into the player and Frank Sinatra's smooth voice filled the room. She remembered when Tom came home from work on their first wedding anniversary. She had been getting ready all day. First she went to the salon to get her hair and nails done. Kathy also had a Brazilian wax. He was always pestering her about getting one. Having herself waxed clean was going to be his anniversary present. He had been hinting to her that he would like the "bald" look on her.

She heard him come in the house and call to her. She walked to the top of the stairway and was still putting her earrings on when he came around the corner. She had taken two steps down the flight of stairs when he saw her. He stopped dead in his tracks and stared at her with his mouth open. As she got halfway down the stairs he actually dropped the silver box and the card and CD spilled out. He was mesmerized by the way she looked as she walked down the stairs. He did not move until she was on the last step.

He remembered the silver box and knelt down to pick it and its spilled contents off the floor, then looked up at her from his knees. She had four inch black come fuck me pumps on her feet. His eyes traveled up her legs until he got to mid thigh where the hem of her little black dress started. He continued up to her waist then to her breasts. The neckline was low cut to show generous amounts of cleavage. Thin spaghetti straps continued to her shoulders. Her hair was piled high on top of her head. Her brown eyes sparkled, delighted with the effect she had on her husband.

When he stood in front of her she saw he had the silver box in his left hand and a jewelry box in his right. He led her to the couch where they sat down. He handed her the jewelry box and watched her open it and said "Happy Anniversary my love." When she opened the box she squealed with delight at the 16 inch diamond choker necklace. She hugged him and made sure he felt her braless breasts, another surprise for him tonight.

She took it out and asked him to put it on for her. When he was done she stood, went to a mirror in the room and looked at herself, turning left then right. It was the most beautiful gift she had ever received. She turned to see her husband who was looking at her with joy. There was nothing that gave him more pleasure then making her happy. Seeing her like this filled his heart. He then opened the box and took out the CD and put it in the player.

"May I have this dance beautiful lady? Taking her in his arms he beamed "This is the most appropriate gift I have ever given to you. You are so beautiful tonight." Frank Sinatra's rendition of The Way You Look Tonight played on the player the same way it played today in Kathy's bedroom.

SOME DAY WHEN I'M AWFULLY LOW

WHEN THE WORLD IS COLD

I WILL FEEL A GLOW JUST THINKING OF YOU

AND THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT

YES YOUR LOVELY WITH YOUR SMILE SO WARM

AND YOUR CHEEKS SO SOFT

THERE IS NOTHING FOR ME BUT TO LOVE YOU

AND THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT

They danced quietly, in each others arms, bathed in the glow of love they had for each other. When the song ended Tom begged Kathy "Why don't we they just skip dinner out and retire to the bedroom." Kathy replied "No way buster, I spent a lot of time and your money getting ready for this night and we are going out!" Tom once again suggested "Honey, all I need is you and the hell with dinner."

"We can eat afterward. Kathy responded. Wasn't it you who once told me that it would be better to wait and let the anticipation build? Then it would be better?" Kathy smirked.

Tom mumbled "No I am not right all the time about that anticipation thing."

Kathy laughed "No you were right then and waiting until after we go out would be right tonight too." Tom laughed at that. He knew this was one fight he would lose and fighting with his beautiful sexy wife was the last thing he wanted tonight.

Previously Tom told Kathy about his plans for the night and she made sure they did all he had planned to do. First they had a delicious dinner at an expensive Japanese steakhouse. After dinner they went to a local comedy club and stayed through two comedians. Then they went to a small piano bar where they danced, had a few drinks and some intimate conversation. On the ride home they could not keep their hands off each other. They both realized the anticipation thing really worked.

Kathy once again found herself smiling at the memory. They had spent most of that night making sweet, gentle love. That night was Kathy's favorite memory of her marriage to Tom. It was the perfect night. Kathy stood and went to her jewelry box. She opened it and took out the diamond choker. It had meant so much to her that night. She held the necklace and brought it across her lips. A tear came down her cheek.

She returned the necklace to the jewelry box and went back to the bed and put the card and CD back in it place in the row of boxes. She skipped the next white box and went to the second silver box. She placed the CD in the player and Nat King Coles satiny voice started singing "Unforgettable."

She remembered the night of her second anniversary. It was a Saturday and he had to go out to run a small errand. Even though she knew he had made arrangements to go out again, she had other plans. She was waiting in the living room for him in a pale blue see through negligee. She was totally bare underneath. As the front door opened she suddenly had the thought that she hoped Tom didn't bring home a friend with him while she stood there practically naked in her living room.

She did not have to worry. Bring a friend home was not in Toms mind tonight. Once again she got the response she was hoping for. When Tom saw her he stopped and took in the sight of his sexy wife, for all intents and purposes standing naked on his living room rug. Kathy saw two boxes, one in each of Tom's hands, same as last year. He walked towards her placing the boxes on an end table on his way. As he reached for his wife she put her hands on his chest and gently pushed him back. He had a questioning look on his face as she did this.

Kathy told him "The boxes first Sweetie, then the sweets." Smiling he turned to get the boxes and returned to his wife. He gave her the jewelry box and she opened it. It contained a diamond bracelet and ear rings to match the diamond choker necklace he gave her last year.

"Honey, be a dear and put these on for me please" giggled Kathy. He had a hard time concentrating on the tiny holes in her ear lobes while looking at the eraser hard nipples on display under the see through negligee his wife was barely wearing. After getting done with his earring and bracelet tasks he snuck a hand up to grab one of his wife's nipples and give it a gentle squeeze.

She groaned at first then gave him a playful swat saying "You have one more box to give me." Tom gave her the silver box. She opened it and gave him the CD. She did not even read the card; she just gave him the CD to put in the player. As King Coles beautiful lyrics played she grabbed Tom and gave him a smoldering kiss. Neither one of them heard much of the song as they made love right there in front of the fireplace. Two hours later they called out for a delivery pizza. Their anniversary meal was pizza and wine.

Tom beamed "This is even better than last year. It's the perfect meal after a strenuous workout."

Kathy chimed in "Yes it is. Maybe we could do a repeat of the work out. What do you think?" They repeated the "workout" and the pizza and wine meal many times in the months to come.

It was not until the next morning that Kathy read the card that came with the CD. There in Tom's block style printing were the words he wanted her to remember

UNFORGETABLE IN EVERY WAY

AND FOREVER MORE THAT'S HOW YOU'LL STAY

THAT'S WHY DARLING IT'S INCREDIBLE

THAT SOMEONE SO UNFORGETTABLE

THINKS THAT I AM UNFORGETTABLE TOO

Kathy thought about that night. She thought about the pale blue negligee. It had been lost in the move, never to be seen again. She wished she had it now. If she did have it she knew it would bring back more of the special memories of that night.

She put the card and CD away.

Now she went to the last white box, just before the blue boxes. Those awful blue boxes. The blue boxes with the pain inside could wait. She would play the last of the white boxes first.

This was the last box before the loss of innocence in the marriage. At least it was for Tom. Not for Kathy. She had been seeing another man. Not just any man, it was the man of her dreams, her first lover. Yes, John had returned. Five months had passed since the night of her second anniversary. That night they had shared their love for one another. Unknown to Tom his worst nightmare became a reality. Kathy's fantasy man had returned. He had been back for two months.

Dr. Williams was setting up practice and needed insurance. He had come to the office and was speaking with another associate when Kathy walked by. John noticed her first and called out "Kathy is that you?" Kathy turned to look at John and her heart started to flutter. All the old feelings came thundering back. It was like he had never left.

"John, when did you get back" she exclaimed. John stood and gave Kathy a big hug which she returned.

John told her "You haven't changed since high school. You are still a beautiful woman."

"You have, you have become even more handsome, if that were possible."

He smiled and suggested "Why don't we get lunch and catch up on old times

Kathy happily replied "I would love to. Let me go to my desk and get my purse." They went off arm in arm. She did not notice the disapproving looks she got from most of the other women who worked in the office. They all noticed how she seemed to swoon for this guy. All thoughts of her husband went out the window. If only Kathy could see what they saw. They saw trouble ahead. All of them had met Tom over the past three years and they all liked him. Many were jealous of what Kathy had and wanted it themselves. They would watch and see what developed.

One of these women was Grace. If Kathy messed up she would not feel bad about replacing Kathy in Tom's life. She would wait and see what developed. Grace felt if Kathy screwed up she would happily take her place.

Kathy willingly went to lunch with John. She told herself that it was just to catch up with an old friend. She knew in the deepest recesses of her mind that if John came on to her she would go with him. She would betray her marriage and her husband without so much as a second thought. The fantasy of John she had built in her mind was much to enticing to resist. She would not admit it, even to herself, yet still she knew it.

When Kathy got back from her lunch with John her friend Lisa met her and ushered her into the ladies room and locked the door.

Lisa asked her friend directly "What are you, a married woman doing with that handsome guy?"

Kathy stammered "It was only lunch with an old friend from school, nothing more." Lisa didn't seem so sure.

"The gossip started as soon as the two of you left the office and some of what was said you would not like. Everyone thought that it was more than just lunch with an old friend."

Kathy assured Lisa "That is all it was. It was nothing other than lunch with a high school classmate." Lisa felt relieved. Kathy was her best friend and she had nursed her through some tough times with a former lover who jilted her. Tom was the first man that treated her like a queen and she knew he would never hurt her.

Lisa informed Kathy "If you were smart you won't let any feelings develop for this other guy. What was his name anyway?" she asked.

Kathy sheepishly told her "He's John Williams."

Lisa exploded "The John Williams who cheated on you, then left you years ago without as much as a word? This is the guy you went to lunch with? You told me if you ever saw him again you would slap him in the face, not give him a hug and a kiss."

Kathy barked "I did not kiss him."

Lisa sneered "Your a liar. I was looking out the window when you got back and saw the lip lock you put on that ass. You see him one time and now you are lying to me?"

Kathy sat down on one of the upholstered chairs in the ladies restroom. "I'm sorry for lying to you. I couldn't help myself. He brought out the desire I have always felt for him." Kathy commiserated.

Lisa responded "You are going to screw up your marriage if you don't stop this immediately. I am your best friend and will stand behind you in almost anything you do. However this one thing I will not support you on."

Kathy told Lisa "I know, I know your right. I promise I won't do anything to put my marriage in jeopardy." This statement mollified Lisa but she still had her doubts if she would actually take her advice. Sadly Kathy was not strong enough to fight off the vision of a knightly John Williams. Lisa felt she had done all she could and said lets get back to work.

For the first few weeks it was lunches and pleasant conversation, nothing more. Soon came a drink after work if Tom had to stay late. A few weeks of drink "dates" followed. John was smooth. He was not rushing things. He wanted Kathy back. He was not sure if what he felt was love or maybe he just wanted to get into her pants. He was in no rush. He was sure he would be doing the horizontal mambo with Kathy soon. If love came out of it fine. If not it would be a pleasant interlude until something better came along. The fact that she was married meant nothing to him. After a while the drink dates became hot make out sessions. Next there were hot make out sessions with lots of touching and groping. They were acting just like high school kids with a crush on each other. She had not had fucked John yet but had given him blow jobs in the back seat of his car.

She was not sure if she could have gone all the way if Tom hadn't had to go to a training session in Pittsburgh. It wasn't just a training session. It was a chance to meet people in the industry, schmooze a little and make new contacts. It was good business. Tom asked Kathy to go with him but she said she could not get time off. She could see he was disappointed but he understood. Did she not want to go on purpose? Was it an excuse to see John? She wouldn't admit it but that was the reason.

While Tom was away John and Kathy could really catch up on old times! It was to be a five day conference. It would start Monday morning and end Friday night. Tom's flight would leave Sunday at noon and he would arrive back home at 3PM on Saturday. It would give the two would be lovers five days and six nights to do whatever two willing adults wanted to do. Unbeknownst to Tom, Kathy took five vacation days the week he would be gone to spend more time with John. The betrayal was complete. All that was left to do was the fucking.

As soon as the computer confirmed that Tom's flight had left the airport, Kathy called John to come over to the house on Kensington Street to complete the betrayal of her marriage. John did spend six nights and five days in Tom's bed. He also spent much of that time in Tom's wife as well. The sex was just as Kathy imagined it would be. John had become an accomplished lover. As a serial womanizer he had become a predator. Wine filled nights, ecstasy, and other drugs befuddled Kathy's mind. By Friday evening John's seduction and conquest of Kathy was complete.

Of course Kathy's cheating actually started the day John walked into the insurance agency office. It only took him five days to capture Kathy's heart, while it took Tom months. Of course John's conquest was accomplished with lots of sex and drugs, Toms did not.

By Saturday morning Kathy was planning to leave Tom to be with John. John would be closing on his new home in two weeks. He was living in a small hotel room until the closing took place. Kathy would have to live with Tom until the closing.

John left at 9AM on Saturday morning. One hour later someone knocked on the front door. Kathy answered it and it was a local florist with a large bouquet of flowers. There was also a white box to go along with the flowers. Tom must have planned this a week in advance. Kathy tipped the driver and sent him on his way. She opened the box and took out the card and the CD inside. She put the CD in the player and she was surprised that it was a country tune. This was not the first time Tom sent her a country song in the boxes. However, as she listened to the music she knew the song fit perfectly. It was a song called "Six Days on the Road." It started like this

WELL I PULLED OUT OF PITTSBURGH

ROLLING DOWN THE EASTERN SEABOARD

And ended with

WELL MY RIGS A LITTLE OLD

BUT THAT DON'T MEAN SHE'S SLOW

MY HOMETOWNS COMING IN SIGHT

IF YOU THINK I'M HAPPY YOUR RIGHT!

SIX DAYS ON THE ROAD

AND I'M GONNA MAKE IT HOME TONIGHT!

Kathy wondered how in the hell he found that CD. She knew he would be happy to be home with her again. She knew he would want sex right away. Kathy hoped she could pull it off and not let Tom know. She hoped she could keep it a secret for two weeks.

The limo pulled into the driveway at 4 PM. Six hours after she had received the flowers. Tom got out paid and tipped the driver and put his suitcases on the porch. Tom was excited to see his wife. What surprise would she have for him when he entered the house? Would she be wearing a new negligee, some kind of slutty outfit, or maybe no outfit at all. The images of his wife that danced in his mind were more than he could stand. Anticipation had worked it magic again.

He opened the door and was surprised to see Kathy sitting on the couch in the living room. She was wearing a tee shirt and old shorts. She got up and went to him to give him a kiss and a hug. Tom was shocked that she is wearing a bra and panties too! This is not the reception he was expecting. He tried to encourage his wife to go to the bedroom and relieve six days of pent up sexual desire.

"I'm tired now, maybe tonight. OK?" Kathy suggested. Maybe tonight! What the hell was going on? Who is this woman and what did she do with my wife? Dejected, he went out to the porch to bring in the suitcases. Having nothing better to do, he put all the dirty clothes in the hamper, put his toiletries back and put away the suitcases in the attic.

When he was done he went into the kitchen where Kathy was making dinner. He walked up behind her and slipped his arms around her waist and started softly kissing her neck.

She shrugged him off saying "Not now! Can't you see I am trying to cook? Just leave me alone."

Now rejected as well Tom left the kitchen to sit in the living room. He pondered the changes in his wife and was not happy with his thoughts. This was not the woman he left last Sunday. Something happened during the trip and she seemed not to want to talk about it. Trouble was brewing. It was not apparent what it would be.

Kathy was worried. She knew she wasn't doing a good job of keeping everything the same. Kathy felt so damn guilty. She could not look him in the eye, much less kiss and hold him. Kathy knew this was going badly and when sneaking a peek into the living room and saw her husband staring out the window, she knew she had blown it. She could tell by the body language he was suspicious, yet Kathy had no idea what to do.

After dinner he practically forced her up to the bedroom. They did not make gentle love the way they usually did when he returned from a trip. They had sex. It was not the usual gentle sensual sex they normally had. It was rough and just the one time. After they were done he rolled off and just looked at her. She turned away and started crying. Tom got up took a shower, got dressed and left the house. He did not comeback until Sunday night.