The Grass is Always Greener

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Later on that day, I told him that the raffle was starting for the door prizes and again I grabbed his hand, he didn't object. I actually won one of the prizes in the raffle. I didn't win anything cool like custom wheels or engine mods. I won a dinner for two at one of the upscale restaurants in Pontiac.

"Oh, this is perfect," I said. "I may as well throw these away."

"I thought you'd enjoy something like that," he said.

"Why?" I snapped looking away from him and smiling. "I'm divorced. It's just me and Ellie. I don't want to have anything to do with any of these guys around here and I don't date. My ex was enough of a bastard that I'll never do that again."

"I know the feeling," he said. I'd played it just right.

"I'd look retarded cruising all the way out there to that restaurant to eat alone. I'd seem like the biggest loser in the world. Oh look at her. She couldn't even get a friend to come with her."

"I'm sure that there are lots of guys here who'd go with you," he said.

"Yes dummy, I know that," I said. "But they all have the wrong idea already. Most of these guys don't realize that I love my car just as much as they do. They think I'm here because I'm desperate to hook up with a guy. If I also offer to take one of them to dinner he's going to think that he automatically gets to fuck me. The four biggest questions you got today were #1 how much horsepower does your engine make? What kind of rims are those? Is that a supercharger? And is that a factory color? Am I close?"

He smiled and nodded. "There were a couple of others thrown in but that's pretty close," he said.

"You know what mine was?" He shook his head.

"Is that an original Eleanor? What size bra do you wear? Is that your boyfriend's car? Do you have a boyfriend?"

He laughed when I said that. "Why is it that you get all the questions about your car and I get all of the dating questions that have nothing to do with mine?"

"I just wish I could meet a nice guy to have as just a friend with no romantic or sexual overtones. Maybe just someone I could do stuff with some times who doesn't want or need to try to get into my panties. Damn, it would be so cool to just take our cars, cruise to this restaurant, eat a nice dinner with good company and then maybe a little bit of a nighttime cruise to cap the evening off and then go our separate ways."

I thought at first that I'd laid it on a bit thick. My heart was beating in my chest hard enough to make my breasts vibrate. It seemed like eternity passed before he spoke again.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Sarah Jensen," I said.

"Bill Reed," he stuck out his hand. "If all you want is a friend with absolutely no romantic overtones or pressure, I could be your friend."

We hung out together until the early evening and then we left to go out and cruise to the restaurant. The dinner there was truly magical and the conversation was wonderful. But then I already knew that it would be. Bill paid for all of the extras that the tickets I won didn't provide. Towards the end of the evening he was looking down and I sensed that he wanted to ask me something.

"Go ahead," I said. "I can tell you want to ask me something." I was hoping he'd tell me that he'd had a good time and ask if we could do this again sometime. If HE didn't, I was going to. I'd rather make a fool out of myself than risk losing him before I actually got him.

"What size bra DO you wear?" he asked.

"What you really want to know is how big my tits are right?" I snapped. Then I noticed that he was smiling. "Okay you liar what do you really want to ask me?" I was smiling by then too.

"Okay," he said, "But it's kind of personal." I just nodded.

"For the trip back could we trade cars?" he asked, looking down at the table. I started laughing my ass off. There I was thinking that he wanted to take me somewhere more private and all he wanted was to get into my car's driver seat, not mine.

By the end of the night, we had exchanged phone numbers and we were friends of a sort. In the early days, I ended up calling him a lot more than he called me but we were off to a good start."

* * * * * *

Bill

The answer came to me suddenly. Kirk, he could do it. Kirk was, as I have mentioned, an out and out pussy hound. He liked nothing better than to go after some woman that there was no way he could ever get. He got the shit slapped out of him a lot of times, but he also got a lot of pussy.

I called him, invited him to lunch again and hit him with my idea.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" he asked me. "Why would I want to do that?"

"It would be like you were doing me a favor," I told him.

"You're not going weird on me are you Bill?" he asked. He tilted his head and looked at me. "You're not turning into one of those weird ass guys from the internet that gets off on having someone screw their wife are you. Some of those guys...hell all of those guys are seriously mentally challenged. You know the ones who claim that seeing their woman with another guy just proves how much they love them and all of that?"

"Uh no Kirk," I said. "Those guys are simply genetic dead ends. They have no viable traits to provide the species and they inherently know it, so they help the gene pool out by allowing a better specimen to attempt to impregnate their mate. In short, they're losers and they'd rather not pollute society, so they don't reproduce but accidents happen, unfortunately. It'll probably take a few generations to weed them all out, but they're doomed."

"So, what's the point then?" he asked.

"Kirk, I'm tired of being married to her," I said. "And there's someone else I want, but I couldn't cheat on Irene to save my ass. But maybe if she cheated first, in that case I'd only be getting even. And if she cheats on me with you, I don't have to worry about losing her, because shit, you don't stay with anyone long enough for the cum stains to dry up anyway. I don't think you've ever fucked any woman more than once or twice in your entire life."

Suddenly, Kirk ducked down in his chair. He sank so low that he was almost under the table. I looked around and noticed that Rebecca and Bonnie had just come into the restaurant.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I asked him.

"Uhm, Bill, I did fuck Bonnie three or four times," he whispered. "Now the bitch thinks she owns me. She keeps calling me and trying to get me to meet her fucking family."

I just laughed. As I looked across the room to see if Bonnie was looking our way, I did notice that Rebecca's eyes were turned towards me and she smiled.

"So who is this woman that has you so turned on?" he asked, still ducking under the table.

"I'd rather not say," I said. "Hey, they got seated in the other room, you can get up."

"Please tell me it's not that brown haired whore," he smirked. "Please tell me that you're not risking your marriage for her."

"She's not like you think she is, Kirk," I said.

"And you know this how?" he asked. The look he gave me was the same one that mothers give their kids when their kids have said something so stupid that it defies classification."

"I've been doing my research," I said.

"Alright, I'll do it," he said. "But only so I can save your ass."

Over the next few weeks, things happened very slowly. Kirk tried to bump into Irene a couple of times in places like the supermarket and even at our home, pretending that he had something to drop off for me. For a master of seduction, his success rate was alarmingly low. After several of these encounters all he'd succeeded in doing was to get Irene to tell me that there was something wrong with him and she didn't want him hanging around our house.

"God damn it Kirk," I said. "I thought you were the man. I can't believe you struck out."

"I didn't exactly strike out dude," he said. "This one is just harder to crack than most women are."

"Well get cracking," I snapped. The thought of his failure preventing me from having the life I dreamed of with Rebecca was really frustrating me.

Meanwhile, I was working on other things. I needed to find out as much as I could about Rebecca so our life together would be better.

I also knew that there was simply no way that I could settle for just seeing her on the side. Despite what Kirk thought, that I only wanted to fuck her and then go back to Irene, I had other plans. In my mind Rebecca and I were star crossed lovers along the lines of Romeo and Juliet. I wanted us to be together forever. That meant that I needed to be able to gain her freedom from that asshole husband of hers who made her unhappy.

To that end I hired a very discreet PI to follow hubby around and get me some dirt on him that I could probably use to help her out in a divorce. I met him in his office the day after my talk with Kirk.

The PI looked exactly like you'd expect him to. He had bags under his eyes and hadn't shaved in a few days. He had a slight paunch and was wearing rumpled clothes. The funny thing about it was that the guy was only about twenty years old. The bags under his eyes came from staying up all night playing his X-box. The paunch came because like a lot of kids these days he didn't get any kind of exercise and he was just too damned lazy to shave.

"I put a couple of my best guys on him," he said. "By rotating them, there's less chance that he'd notice or remember them."

I nodded my head. "That's why you charge me so much for the surveillance, right?" I asked. He gave me a yellow toothed, shit eating grin. The more I looked at this guy, the more I was sure that if Rebecca and I ever had kids, I wouldn't buy them a gaming system. Or at least I'd severely limit the time they spent on it.

His teeth were so yellow that they looked like he ate butter sandwiches for a living.

"I don't know why you wanted us to tail this guy," he said. "He's boring. He doesn't do anything. He works as a mechanic in an auto-repair shop. He has a certificate from a very good program. He does great work. His boss and all of his customers love him. I have hours of video on him. Actually, we did find him doing one thing that could have gotten him into trouble."

I was salivating when I heard that. I put on my wolf like grin because I just knew that he was going to tell me something that could use and this would have all been worth it.

"Let me guess," I snapped. "He drinks on the job?"

"Nope," said the PI.

"He does drugs?" I said.

"Nope," said the guy.

"He's stealing from his boss?" I asked.

"Well, kind of," he said. "There was a woman who came in to get her car fixed and didn't have all of the money she needed. He just took what she had and paid for the rest of it out of his own pocket. So in a way he undercharged her but he didn't really actually steal. When he told his boss about it, his boss actually gave him part of the money back. But that's the closest he came to doing something bad."

"What about at home?" I asked. "How does he treat his wife?"

"He worships the ground that bitch walks on," hissed the PI. "She's the one you ought to be paying us to follow."

"Okay, charge me for another couple of weeks and follow her," I said. I figured that maybe they could at least get me some info on her likes and dislikes to bring us closer together.

* * * * * *

Sarah

My first year with Bill was really interesting. It was like being back in the third grade. In the third grade, little girls kind of knew that some boys were nice, but all of the boys thought that girls were icky. I often called Bill to go to different car shows and Mustang events. He was usually glad that I called and we had a great time together. But he was very quick to point out to people that we were only friends. I often got really pissed when other women would try to make a run at him after learning that we were only friends. But he often used me as a shield when the women were overly aggressive. He'd come over near me and sit down and take my hand as if we were more than friends to get them off his tail. I lived for those moments.

Another thing he did that pissed me off was if a guy was following me around, he never got jealous in the least. I wasn't even sure that anything was going to ever happen with us until the end of the summer. I'd really dreaded the end of the summer because I had this idea that I'd lose Bill then. In Michigan, very few of the serious car people drive their cars during the winter. The snow, the ice, the dew, the moisture are all terrible on cars.

I guess I'd been planning on driving Ellie until it snowed, but Bill just looked at me like I was crazy. He reminded me that Ellie's frame and undercarriage weren't powder coated, so temperature changes and dew could give me a coating of rust under there. To be truthful, I loved Ellie but I really hadn't thought it through that far.

Bill had been to my apartment several times and I'd been to his house as well by then. I often dropped by Bill's house to wash Ellie because Bill had everything in terms of car care products. I also just wanted to see him. So, after our conversation about what to do with Ellie for the winter, I decided to drop by and see him. I could always tell him that it was about the car. When I got to his house, he was cleaning out the other side of his garage.

Bill had a three car garage and he had two Mustangs. He had a jeep that he drove in the winter and his Mustangs. He used the third part of his garage for keeping tools and his lawnmower and storing things. I couldn't figure out why he was going through all of the trouble of cleaning out the third part. He was moving all of the stuff from the third area into a shed he'd just put up. In fact the shed wasn't complete yet. He still had to put the roof and the doors on it.

When I showed up, he stopped cleaning the garage out.

"I'm glad you're here," he told me. "I could really use some help." I was really happy to hear that from him.

"They said that putting this stupid thing up was a two man job and they weren't kidding. I've been able to do most of it by myself. I took a couple of days off work." He smiled at me. "You can do that when you're the boss."

"What do you need me to do?" I asked.

"I need you to go into the house and change into some of my sweats and help me put the rest of this thing up," he said.

"Hm that sounds kind of fishy to me," I said. In my head I was seeing all kinds of scenarios where he came into the room while I was changing and I dropped whatever I was putting on in mock shock and he got to see me naked. "What do I get out of this?" I asked.

"How about I take you out to dinner at the restaurant of your choice when we're done? Purely as friends, of course," he said. He would have to throw that in to dash my hopes. But still it was progress and it opened up interesting avenues for the winter.

"Done," I said. I went into his house and into his bedroom. His house was very neat for a guy who lived alone. That is until I got past the living room and the kitchen. He obviously kept those areas very neat for when people dropped by unexpectedly. His den and his bedroom were nowhere near as neat which only made me like him more.

Bill had again been diplomatic when he suggested the sweats. I had to roll the pant legs up several times to make them fit. But if the material hadn't been stretchy there is no way I'd have gotten my ass in his pants. Those pants fit Bill loosely. They fit me loosely too until I got past the knees from there on up they looked like they were painted on. Bill's sweat shirt fit me like a small dress. Even though it was fresh from the washing machine, it still had small traces of his scent on it. It was one of those Mustang sweat shirts from the Ford catalog. I had no intention of giving that shirt back. I still sleep in it now. He thinks it's because of the Mustang on it, but it's really because it's his.

Bill and I spent the rest of that late summer day baking in the weakening sun, putting the finishing touches on the shed and then we moved the rest of his stuff into it. I got two big shocks that day. The first one was when I came out in my outfit.

Bill took one look at me and his eyes got bigger. It wasn't one of those, "Shit I didn't know she was that big," looks either. He tried really hard not to react but the swelling in the front of his pants gave him away. I knew then that Bill, despite his fucked up thought patterns really did find me attractive. The second shock came later.

After we'd showered, separately of course, and dressed, we were eating at Texas Roadhouse, which turned out to be both of our favorite steak place and Bill's favorite restaurant period, we talked.

"I'm going to order the most expensive thing on the menu," I said. "You worked me like a slave. Since all I'm getting out of it is this frigging dinner, it's going to be a good one."

"You deserve it," he said.

"Seriously Bill," I said. "We're friends. I'd have helped you for nothing. I just don't understand though why we cleaned up and swept out your garage if we weren't going to put the stuff back in it. Now one side of your garage is just a big empty space." He looked at me really strangely then.

"What?" I said.

"Do you trust me?" he asked. I was thinking, of course, I do you moron. I trust you more than anyone in the world except for maybe my brother. Why would I be putting up with your bullshit if I didn't? But I didn't say that of course. I made a big pretense of thinking about it.

"I know what I'm going to ask is weird since we don't know each other that well," he said. I couldn't help it, I started smiling. I was sure where this was going. He wanted to take me away somewhere for the weekend and I was sure that we were going to end up in bed.

I made another big pretense about it. I didn't want him to think I was a whore, but I really liked him. Plus there was the fact that we weren't teenagers. We were both over thirty and had both been married before. There was simply no need for all of the games and bullshit. If we wanted each other I didn't see a problem. If he wanted a no strings relationship, I was sure that it would eventually become more. Then he shocked the shit out of me.

"Think about this before you say no," he said. I nodded.

"Your garage sucks," he said. "It's not heated, so you can't control the temperature. It's dusty, it's not insulated, there are cracks in the walls and I'm sure the roof leaks. I don't want her there all winter."

"You don't want who, where?" I asked. I was still confused and wondering when he'd get to the part about us.

"Your Eleanor would be better off in my garage for the winter," he said. "My garage is heated and has its own thermostat. It's totally sealed and since it's an attached garage, we wouldn't have to ever open the outside door for the entire winter. It's relatively dust free and we could even wash her during the winter sometimes. Don't get mad, but I noticed that you don't have a cover for her so I kind of got one of those too."

My head was spinning and I was kind of pissed. I understood now why all of those guys get really pissed at women who tease them and lead them on and then just give them a quick goodnight kiss at the door. We'd been together all day. I'd heard of guys getting what they called "Blue balls" from that. My nipples were so hard that they hurt. I think I had "blue tits." He'd been sneaking looks at my ass and my tits the whole time. I knew he wanted me or at least his body did. I don't know how I kept control of myself.

I guess the only thing I could do was to laugh. I was only able to do that because I guess it took me that entire summer to realize it but I really didn't like Bill. I knew then that despite his fucked up attitude, I loved him. And maybe this was just his way of telling me that he loved me too. So, pretending that I was thinking about his offer, which I already knew I was going to accept, I thought about whether or not I should continue to pursue Bill.

123456...8