The Harem's Lessons Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ariya's back was against the wall, eyes like a frightened deer's. She had left her only weapon in Lokti's chest and now she was at the mercy of the sword-wielding stranger.

He jumped over Salk's body to rush to her, but when she backed away cautiously he stopped. He pulled the hood of his cloak, which concealed his face in shadow, down to his shoulders. The fire caught the blue of his eyes, making them reflect an eerie glow, like a cat's. But in those eyes was a mix of horror and concern. Nothing Ariya had ever anticipated seeing from Captain Cayn Greynon.

"Ariya..." He said, but his voice was distant. Consciousness abandon her, and the last things she felt were his arms, catching her as she fell.

***

The sun woke Nelana gently as it seeped in through the large windows that she loved so much. She sat up and reached to the ceiling, feeling the delightful rush of awareness brought on by the morning's first stretch as her back elongated. She could hear birds singing outside, and rose from the bed, wrapping her robe around her, to open the doors to the balcony. The morning air rushed in to meet her and Nelana drank deeply of it's sweetness. The courtyard was empty except for the birds.

"We overslept, my love, breakfast is being served in the Great Hall, no doubt." Nelana walked back into the room, "My but you sleep like a log. I know that you don't want to miss breakfast." She sat on the bed next to the General, "Wake up, my darling," And stopped...

She had not noticed the absence of his snores, nor the eerie stillness with which he lay on the bed. His flesh was cold to the touch, and as she looked in horror at his face she saw that his eyes were not closed in sleep at all. But open, and staring with the final gaze that meant the sleep of death.

Nelana screamed.