All Comments on 'The Hunch'

by cageytee

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
Risq_001Risq_001about 18 years ago
You know, I thought this was a good story

I mean I read it a couple times to make sure, but yep I really liked it.

Nice going >=)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Great story, very interesting!

Excellent writing, very easy to read.

I can't think of any way it could have been done better!

Good effort, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Not all hunches are correct

Great story until you get to the last paragraph.

I know that from experience, that his last hunch just ain’t gonna pay off.

Kids you shower years of time and love on them that should really be spent on your spouse. You have years of “Oh, be quiet the children will wake up!” and “We can’t do that here, what if one of the children wakes up!”

Then the little buggers finally go off to University and you and your loving spouse just about get back to where you were before they were born. Mind you a lot of waters gone under the bridge by then and the old stamina has fallen off a bit. Then bugger it, if the little sods don’t finish they’re degrees and move back home again. And it’s back to “We can’t make to much noise the children will hear us!”

Why aren’t the little sods out having they’re own fun, instead of messing up mine? Christ I’ve only go a few years left.

Nice story my friend!

DC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
missed your writings glad you're back

good common sense writing and the plot was right on.give us more of your writings.thanks

peggytwittypeggytwittyabout 18 years ago
wonderful story

thank you for a great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
Superb Story!

I am glad that Kenny confessed and cleared the air with Em. He could have clearly continued lying since he had gotten away with it but there would have also been the potential for exposure (Em meet one of the women from that night, medical testing became known to Em or Sammy send more proof about that night).

Truly a loving wife and husband story! Thanks!

SleeplessinMD

rlg99rlg99about 18 years ago
Good one

They both admited what happened in the end and it made them stronger. Keep it up.

Bob

KOLKOREKOLKOREabout 18 years ago
Mistrust by default

Sorry to be in a minority here, but for for an author who wrote some great stories, this was a bit of a let down for me. After the dust of misunderstandings settled, the story still did not make much sense to me.

What in the background of this couple prepares us for the wife to NOT trust her husband to begin with? (BTW, is that the default assumption to all “Loving Wives” stories?). Why couldn’t the husband keep a safe distance from someone he suspected to be scheming against him? And since when you suddenly become SO drugged in the middle of a work assignment that you start doing things that risk your whole life? And why could not the husband just go ahead and tell his wife that he had been drugged or even just got too drunk?

Not only is the reasoning of the plot shaky, but I could not really care too much for the characters of both spouses, who have the attitude of ‘trust, but first don’t trust and then check three times’.

saw_man1saw_man1about 18 years ago
Great theme

The theme of you story actually has quite a basis in fact.

I enjoyed the story and all of the little twist and turns. You did a good job of bringing out the hidden details at just the right moment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
A good story

Thanks

Blue88Blue88about 18 years ago
Well done

I don't understand how I missed this. I always look forward to a story by Cageytee. Nicely done, thanks for a good read.

PEATBOGPEATBOGabout 18 years ago
Great story !!!

I liked this tale! However, both Kenny and Em were playing a dangerous game and risking their marriage. What seems like a good idea can often blow up in your face - a couple of red lights on his way home and Kenny could well have walked in on Sammy forcing his cock into one of Em’s holes! Cageytee, I liked this one very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 18 years ago
as bad a LIFETIME movie -- God this was awfuL

a new low in stupid... almost as bad a JUNE GET EVEN OPPPS!

This story is 100% bullshit BECUASE the author never explains WHY the hell would A wife BELIEVE what some guy might say about her hsuband without proof? or confronting hubby?

did hubby have an affair once before? well if .. well then THAT... could be a motivation

did hubby spend too much time looking at cheating wife pron sites? well ok then ...

but in this story there is NO motivation at all... NONE

The FACT is she DID fuck sammy OR at the very least WANTED to....

this marriage is soooooooooooooooooooooo OVER....

Alvaron53Alvaron53over 17 years ago
Awful

Bad writing, bad characterization, bad plot, bad ending.

The husband is a liar who cheats on his wife. He's dumb as a post because he ignores what his "hunch" tells him, gets drunk (that's always a good idea), and screws some hooker. He claims not to remember but that's horse manure.

The wife is an airhead who trusts the word of a complete stranger. She cheats on her husband then lies about it. Is there anything worthwhile to either of these characters? I find them both to be too stupid for words.

The plot is a cliched romp through loosely connected scenes that don't seem to mesh well. The characters act bizarrely and the author's presentation of them is not credible. The "all's well that ends well" ending is banal and trite as the author busts a gut trying to make their reconcilation credible. The attempt fails and leaves you feeling dissatisfied.

I save the double goose egg for stories that are extremely poor. This story deserves it. Excellent fiction this is not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
good beginning

well written story, ignore the idiots only here looking to get their jollies off. all that lacks is greater detail, for the plot was excellent and the story evolved well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
I have read worst.

One does not go out and drink with a such an asshole. And you never let your drink out of your hand. The wife was willing to believe what she was told about her husband and willingly led a man on. That doesnt speak of respect, love, or commitment to a marriage. It does speak of betrayal, disrespect, and infidelity leading to adultry. After it was over would have kissed her on the cheek and said sorry but I cant live with a woman who has no respect, trust, or love for her husband. She was planning the adventure and refusing her husband sex, while having secret conversations of an intimate nature with another man. Nope she is an exwife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Wonderfully Done

Nice Story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
CUTE LIGHTHEARTED STORY

I really enjoyed your story. It's nice to be able to read a story with an upbeat plot and a positive ending. However, after reading a lot of the comments it saddens me to see so much negative criticism. Corrective feedback is one thing. At least that is constructive by helping the author improve their writing skills but maliciously criticising fictional plots and characters makes me wonder if the whole world just likes to bitch or just the people that visit this site. I realize it is so much easier to find fault with something than to look for the good in things. Maybe, that's the problem. People are just getting lazy and negative. Actually sounds like depression to me. Thank you for a well written and very enjoyable story AND LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE

JennyBearJennyBearabout 16 years ago
Excellent!

I enjoyed it immensely, I really do like your style.Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to write.

bruce22bruce22about 15 years ago
Enjoyable Story

At times the protagonist does appear overly arrogant but in general he got the job done, though I wonder what he would have done if he had to face a come-filled pussy?

Nice balance between two or three trapeze artists..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
You make the husband a dumb stupid asshole.

First there is all this talk about him not trusting the weasel then you have him go to a shady restaurant with him and he drinks. A lot of stories havew drink in them when are you dumb ass people going to get the message about drink...Oh come onm have another drink. If someone ever asked me that question I would stomp his rotten ass. An addict trying to get more like him

norcal62norcal62almost 13 years ago
What a lazy author to set up such an unbelievable plot.

This so-called high power business guy, ex tough soldier, is so stupid that the reader can only scream at the monitor at such a poor story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Always a fox is near

Yes it is sad that there are so many guys and gals out there to ruin a marriage. Iknow for a fact that they exist. My mariage was ruined by just the sort of sammy as you wrote about . But being aware of what was going on I was sloiw and steady in gathering the facts and the proof to retaliate against my whoring wife and her lovers.

Ibn my state it is allowed tio sue more than one for alienation of affection and niot knowing that the wife was lying was not an issue or excuse. 13 men got to pay me mny many dollars for thier exploits and my wife lost all the asets of the marriage .

norcal62norcal62over 12 years ago
So how about a retake on reaction to the story?

On second reading I was as frustrated as I was originally with the deliberate avoidance of communication with all participants in the conflicts events.

At second thought, after the outing of Sammy I finally began to appreciate the story. So, first half equals nada; second half was a great read on actions between the spouses.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHEN YOU GET A HUNCH

bet a bunch and shoot the moon, TK U MLJ LV NV

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Nice

Great tale. So many tales I've read about a wife not giving her all sexually because she didn't want the husband to think she was slutty but then cheat and give it to a stranger. That goes both ways as some men don't look to their wives for kinky sex because they think they would lose respect for them so they seek to satisfy their kinks with other women. If people would just be honest there would be more love and less divorce. Have fun and stay married.

I'll shut up now.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 10 years ago
Male Characters are Total Idiots and Wimps

You seem to write a lot of mistaken "revenge" stories where the husband for no apparent reason forgives the spouse for her tremendously hateful behavior. Your writing and understanding of human pain is so off that is with great relief I see you have stopped writing.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Loved it

A fun read. Take it for what it is worth. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Good one

He was tough and smart and loved his wife.

She also loved him.

a sweetheart story about two sweethearts.

christmas_apechristmas_apeover 8 years ago
thank you for going

where i thought you were not.

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 8 years ago
Good Read

An amusing and enjoyable read

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Yes, he lied a bit, but he did what he thought he had to to save his marriage and family and to expose the fuckwad sammy for what he was.

But, she also acted stupidly without trusting her husband enough to just confront him.

What if he got into an accident getting home. She could have been raped.

So a little bit of a lie to get her to see how stupid she was, was not too bad.

And, she had the sense to use it to actually help them, and the way the author wrote her, she will not fuck up again.

So, well done Cagey. A truly loving wife, a dedicated husband, a very sexy week, and an easy flowing read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sue The Company, Divorce The Slut

Yep! It's what I would of done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
1*

more cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wimp! Cuck! Pussy!

What an idiot! He should of just left her, quit his job, and left for parts unknown.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
😎

I thought it was well written. I enjoyed the story. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

She is too weak to be a good wife. When times are bad she will jump ship like she just did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Bullshit

She's lying. He's an idiot to believe her or Uncle. Can't believe he fell for their lies and or that some sex makes him forgive her. Dumb beyond belief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good Story

Your characters were totally believable as were all the circumstances. Pay no attention to the misogenist anonymous types.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
If You Got Some Pussy Don't Be A Wussy

I like Cagey's stories, but I also notice that the male protagonists do stupid shit things like tell their now-wives that they fucked a prostitute back on that tour of duty just before we got married. W.T.F. That is retard level limp dick stuff. Again: W.T.F.F. Why fuck up your woman's head like that. Just plain stoopid.

And this setup-meme where the wife somehow has a reason to be in a compromising position with that one arshole nemesis in the story...it's gotten old and slapsticky.

Nonetheless, ol' Cagey, I appreciate your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

He should have relieved Jr. of about half of his teeth. Starting with a fist then switching to a shoe. Could have been the best lesson Jr. ever learned.

Mauser45Mauser45over 5 years ago
1*

Manipulative bitch, sanctimonious prick. Oh, and asshole Anon...what the fuck is 'misogenist', you uneducated gimp?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

I liked the story, not sure why Mauser45 has a telephone pole up his ass.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good story

I liked this.one. Enough trickery and lying going on for two stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I don't think Mauser45 got any that night

Maybe his boyfriend was on the rag. All that over a typo! Wow, bud, you need serious help.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice

Cute short story. Old Sammy needed a boot up the backside! How do these slime balls get around decent women?! 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Still waiting for Mauser45 to contribute anything worthwhile to this site.....ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

This is a really great story that I had forgotten about completely.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
Delightful! 5*****

I think the cowardly way Sammy ran out of the house speaks volumes. Not a good move on her part, but she did show more maturity toward the end. Good job!

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Sammy the weasel should die!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A story with twists and turns but it failed for me for the simple reason that when he woke up he didn't go straight to the hospital and get a drugs test and that he didn't report Sammy for drugging him. It was the only way he could have protected himself form anything that Sammy had in mind whether blackmail or anything else. He also needed to get tested for STD's. Story failed on these points for me because they are the obvious things that any sane person would do.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

I think his hunches are heartburn.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

This is a good one. It works on all levels.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

This was a wonderful story and i gave it 5 stars. i loved how Em agreed to be Ken's slave for a week. They really started communicating with each other again. Ken finally told her the truth about the woman or women that Sammy had set him up with and how he was drugged. Sammy was shipped off to never bother them again. Ken and Em were very happy and over time, had a couple of kids, and their relationship flourished. great story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another one star story from the author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Husband is a sorry asshole. His holier-than-you attitude proves it. She should leave him and let him suffer the humiliation rather than take it herself.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good stuff, well done. Thank you.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a well-told and well-written story, but it includes a bit too much "deceit" being practiced by both spouses for it to earn anything more than an average rating from me.

I rate stories according to the "enjoyment" reading them gives me, so that's the best I can do. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ernesto Freakin' Hemingway could post stories on this site, and the one-cell-brained people who peruse (they can't be reading for enjoyment) these stories looking for anything that's even 500-degrees removed from "cuuuuck sh*t", would hate it. It doesn't matter than none of them ever wrote anything more difficult or challenging than their name. Instead, they demand that every writer post stories which cater to their decrepit, angry and twisted psychoses. Anything else is one-voted and the writer excoriated.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

It's called communication. I can't stand stories like this.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

@AngelRider: you have so few positive comments. What percentage of LW stories do you find to be worthwhile?

nixroxnixrox12 months ago

3 stars and just barely.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It wa a good till the last part! Then it went ape shit!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Decent read. Lot of deceit and gullibility. But was this story set before the 1960's. Unless he was given some weird designed drug, virtually all date rape or similar drugs are detectable in a victim for at least 4 to 5 days (e.g. X) or longer (e.g. Rohpynhol). Half lives are shorter but still detectable. Now proving Sammy had it administered it to him is harder to prove. But test results woukd have been enough to shut down the wife's concerns. Creative but implausible. Just roll into a police station and say you have been sexually assaulted and drugged. They will dig it out. Crime labs are much more sophisticated than they used to be. But suppose that then it would have invalidated the author's plot.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

very bare bones

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Got crazy near the end. No thought to test for being drugged? MC is an imbecile.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous