The Ice in Russia

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MugsyB
MugsyB
2,734 Followers

Alone in the room with him, Lena realized how much he filled the space. He literally dominated the room, and when he stepped closer to her, lifting his hands to cup her face, her heart banged harshly inside her chest. She swallowed and offered him a tremulous smile. He grinned back, his eyes dark.

Should I be doing this? she asked herself. I just met him today. Or... last night. God, I don't even know what day I'm on!

Anatoli must have seen the indecision on her face because he smiled and pressed a sweet kiss to her lips before taking a step back. He dropped his hands from her face and closed his fingers around one wrist in a soft caress. Lena shivered, looking down at their hands.

"Lena," he murmured. "I want to stay here with you."

Lena smiled at his honesty and nodded at him.

"If you want me to," he added.

"I do," she whispered back and closed the gap between them, reaching up to put her arms around his neck.

"Are you sure? We just met," Anatoli replied with a chuckle. Even as he spoke, he closed his arms around her waist, running his palm over the small of her back and lower.

Lena bit her lip, her resolve slipping away. She was desperately attracted to him but she didn't want to force him if he wasn't comfortable with it. Or was that just an excuse?

Drawing in a deep breath, Lena looked up into his face and smiled. She ran the back of her fingers across the side of his neck and drew his face close to hers. Without a word, she pressed their lips together, letting the gesture speak while she couldn't speak out loud. Anatoli's arms tightened around her and she was drawn right up against the full length of his body. He took over the kiss, grasping the back of her head and tilting his mouth over hers as his tongue drove inside her mouth.

She sighed in relief as he took control, loving the feeling of his mouth on hers. It had been mere minutes since he'd first kissed her and she already felt like she knew his taste better than anything else. A brief picture of Eddy flashed through her mind and she pushed it away, wondering why she'd think of him now. It had been an entire day since she'd even given Eddy a passing thought.

I can't be comparing them to each other, she thought, shivering as Anatoli stroked his tongue along the side of hers. No, there's no comparison between these two men.

Another minute passed with Anatoli deftly exploring her mouth as his hands clenched her body to his. Lena felt his legs move against hers and she was practically dragged backwards until she felt the bed behind her knees. Anatoli stopped there and just kissed her, making her feel weak all over.

Before she could blink or even move, he closed his hands on her hips and lifted her onto the bed. She fell away from him with a gasp and looked up as he crawled over top of her. Her breath left her in a whoosh and she laid her head back as Anatoli lowered his mouth to her throat. She held onto his shoulders as he licked her skin, his breath hot.

"Mmm, you taste like..." Anatoli murmured against her neck. He didn't finish the sentence, letting it hang between them as he sucked on the pulse point beneath her chin.

She laughed, the laugh turning quickly into a moan. Her fingers dug into his shoulders until he lifted his head at last. He grinned down at her, his eyes dark. She blinked a few times, feeling a little dazed by everything. Then she smiled back at him, moving her hand to run her fingers through his hair.

"I taste like what?" she asked in a hoarse whisper.

He lifted an eyebrow at her before grinning wickedly. Her heart leapt within her chest and she squeaked in surprise as he moved off her. She sat up and giggled when he reached for her shirt, jerking it up and over her head. Then he was pulling at the waist of her sweat pants, sliding them down her legs. It was all happening so quickly, that Lena didn't have time to feel self-conscious.

Anatoli put his hands on either side of her head after discarding her pants and looked into her eyes as he lowered his lips to hers. This time, his kiss was gentle, but still hot. Lena melted against him, lifting her hands to his shoulders and lying down under him. His hands moved from her head to her shoulders as her eyes drifted shut. He skimmed his thumbs along the sides of her breasts and then moved them lower. Before she knew what he was doing, he'd hooked his thumbs in the elastic waist of her panties and was pulling them down.

The kiss broke off abruptly and Lena's eyes fluttered open to see Anatoli pulling his shirt off. Lena was already breathing hard, but at the sight of his broad chest, her breathing grew positively ragged. Anatoli must have heard the change because he met her eyes and winked before leaning over her again. He kissed her lips before moving on to her cheeks, her neck and the swell of her breasts.

Just as Lena was adjusting to the feel of his whiskery lips on her breasts, he was moving on, his tongue gliding across the skin of her belly. When she realized his destination, Lena felt a shudder run through her body. Searing heat coursed through her and settled between her legs at the moment Anatoli parted her thighs, slipping his fingers between them.

Her head fell back on the bed and her hands clenched into fists. Anatoli stroked her once, twice and then his breath slid across her upper thigh. Lena was trembling all over and barely stifled her cry of shock when his mouth closed over her. She clamped a hand over her mouth, breathing hard through her nose as Anatoli slid his tongue down and then back up, raising her temperature by at least a hundred degrees.

Then the tip of his tongue dipped inside, sliding along the edge of her wet lips and drawing a strangled noise from deep in her throat. He did it again, coupling it with a stroke above with one long finger. Then she felt him slide his fingers down and spread her open. His tongue swirled around the hard nub of her desire and he pushed two fingers inside of her. He slid them out a second later only to plunge them right back in. All the while, he sucked on her, his hot breath making her tingle. The tingling increased in intensity as he played with her, teasing her, until he closed his lips around her and sucked hard. A ragged moan escaped her as she convulsed, her orgasm sweeping through her and leaving her absolutely breathless.

He lifted his head after another long moment and idly stroked her with two fingers, just playing with her soft opening as he looked up at her. She swallowed as she met his blue eyes and wondered if she looked as stunned as she felt.

"You taste sweet," he murmured, his voice husky.

His words sank in and then a blush spread over Lena's entire body. She giggled helplessly, covering her face with both hands.

Chuckling, Anatoli reached up to pull her hands away.. Lena couldn't look at him. She felt so exposed and knew it was ridiculous, but no one had ever made her feel this way. Eddy had been her most experienced lover. They'd been together for almost a year and had been lovers for most of that time, but he'd never once made her come like that.

"Lena, don't hide," Anatoli whispered to her, moving over her and pressing a hot kiss to her collarbone. "You're beautiful."

"No, I'm not," she muttered but let him pull her hands away from her face.

"Yes, you are," he insisted and kissed her on the lips. His tongue and lips tasted different, which brought a fresh blush to her cheeks.

Then she yawned, her mouth opening wide. "Oh, excuse me," she murmured.

"You're tired," Anatoli said and lay down beside her.

"A little," she confessed and went willingly when he closed his arms around her shoulders. With a sigh, she settled herself against his body, her head fitting just under his chin.

"Sleep, Lena," he urged her before groaning out his own broad yawn.

Jet lag is a bitch, she thought before falling swiftly asleep.

***

Anatoli couldn't believe the woman was still in his arms the following morning. He awoke with warmth beside him and opened his eyes to see Lena's slumbering face. Smiling, Anatoli rubbed his nose against her bed-tangled hair and inhaled. Memories from the previous night flooded his senses and he hardened instantly.

God, she'd come so easily for him, effortlessly. He squeezed her close to his side and breathed her in again, the scent of her surrounding him. Unconsciously he licked his lips, remembering how she'd tasted.

He was shocked when an image of Natasha pushed into his thoughts. He lifted his head and scowled at the ceiling.

Why the hell am I thinking of her? he wondered.

Maybe it was because she'd never liked to have him between her legs, as he'd done with Lena last night. Natasha used to say that she didn't want to 'owe him anything.' She had always been keeping score. Every time he left Russia to play in Washington, she'd remind him that he owed her three weeks before the end of the year. It had always been that way with her.

Sighing, Anatoli shook his head to rid himself of the useless thoughts. The woman in his arms stirred and he told himself that it didn't matter what Natasha had been like, because she was no longer a part of his life. If she was, he'd never have had this opportunity with Lena.

He looked down as she lifted her face and blinked her eyes open. She frowned for a second and then smiled, snuggling close to him again.

"Good morning," she murmured, her voice thick from sleep.

"Good morning, Lena," Anatoli replied, squeezing his arms around her. He recalled that she'd fallen asleep naked. His cock hardened even more.

"What time is it?" she asked.

Glancing at the clock on his side of the bed, Anatoli told her. "It's seven," he said, then swore. "The game is in an hour!"

"Game?" Lena repeated in confusion.

"The hockey game," Anatoli said and groaned when he untangled their limbs.

She laughed but let him go, watching as he searched the dark room for his discarded shirt.

"Do we eat breakfast before we go?" Lena asked, keeping her head on the pillow they'd shared.

Anatoli had to force himself to walk further away from her as he answered. She looked entirely too attractive in the bed just then. "Something light," he told her. "Then a big dinner after."

"Sounds great," she murmured and yawned, lifting one hand to cover her mouth. She dislodged the blanket from her body as she lifted her arm, revealing soft, creamy skin and the sexy curve of one breast.

Anatoli felt his blood start to hum and he took a step closer. Then he heard a door open somewhere in the house and knew he had to leave the room immediately. Smiling weakly at Lena, he darted out into the hallway, running right into his brother Vlad. He froze, meeting his brother's curious gaze and cringing when Vlad grinned. Neither of them spoke. They both moved down the hall and continued downstairs to the kitchen before speaking.

"Sleep well?" Vlad inquired casually as he moved around to the sink.

"Yes, I did," Anatoli replied, deciding that he had nothing to hide. He was a grown man and Lena was most assuredly a grown woman. They'd done nothing wrong.

Vlad said nothing else, merely quirking at eyebrow at his brother. He downed a full glass of water as he stared at Anatoli and then shrugged.

"Just be careful, brother," Vlad said. "You don't know anything about Lena."

Anatoli snorted and moved around to the refrigerator to get a drink for himself. "I know enough."

"She doesn't even know you're a hockey player, does she?"

Anatoli shrugged as he poured himself some juice. "She might."

"Don't be stupid. Natasha knew the life you led before you started dating and she still didn't want to be with you."

Slamming the fridge door, Anatoli threw a glare at his brother. "Thanks, Vlad."

"If you like Lena, you should be honest with her," Vlad told him. "If you want to make any sort of relationship with her work, you have to confess before you leave in three days."

"What difference does it make?" Anatoli demanded, beginning to feel frustrated; with his brother for destroying his morning buzz and with himself for knowing Vlad was right. "She knows I work in Washington, so it shouldn't come as a surprise when I have to go back after the holidays."

"No, but it will come as a surprise when she sees your name in the newspapers in a week for that charity event you're sponsoring," Vlad replied with a smirk.

Anatoli didn't say anything for a long minute. He drank his juice and glared at his brother, wondering if Lena would care about his career as Natasha had. In the end, it has been the breaking point between them. He did like Lena, however short a time they'd known each other, and he didn't like to think that he could be destroying a relationship before it even started. Sighing, he set his glass down and rubbed his closed eyes. Vlad walked around the room to pat him on the shoulder.

"Don't worry, brother," he said quietly. "It'll all work out."

Anatoli nodded, not entirely sure.

"Come on, we have to leave for the rink," Vlad said, slapping him hard on the back before walking away.

Anatoli trailed after him to get dressed and pack their equipment. He thought about Lena and telling her the truth, and decided that he'd talk to her that night after dinner. The family always went to bed early after the enormous meal his mother prepared. He'd be able to go to her room again. Smiling to himself at the thought, he hurried to leave the house with Vlad and Pavel to go play hockey.

***

"Lena?" Maksim's tentative voice came from the other side of her door. "Are you awake?"

"Yes," she called out and hurried over to answer the door. She was already fully dressed and extremely excited to go watch this hockey game. "Good morning!"

"Good morning," Maksim replied with a grin. "If you'd like to eat, come down. We leave for the rink in ten minutes."

"All right," she agreed and followed him down to the kitchen.

Irina was already hard at work preparing the meal for that evening. She grinned at Lena, giving her a hug in greeting.

"Merry Western Christmas," Lena said to her.

"And to you," Irina replied with a cheerful laugh.

The older woman gave her a bowl of oatmeal, which Lena downed quickly. Soon she and Maksim were driving to a nearby ice rink. He explained the tradition of the game as best as he could in his broken English. He said that ever since his oldest son Sergei had died in a car accident, the family and many friends had gathered to play, in order to honor him. Hockey had been his favorite sport. The day varied, depending on how the players' lives had changed but it was always during the holiday season.

"That's a wonderful tradition," Lena told him.

They arrived at the rink a few minutes later and Lena excitedly followed Maksim inside. The players were all skating around, warming up. Lena could hear them shouting and laughing at one another as she took a seat with Maksim. She was about to ask which one Anatoli was but she spotted him without assistance.

He was an enormous presence on the ice that she easily picked him out from the rest of the men. As Lena watched him skate past and flick the puck towards the net, she felt goosebumps rise on her arms. His pace picked up and he soared around behind the net, scooping up another puck and flinging it around into the white netting. Lena was on her feet clapping before she could stop herself.

While Maksim laughed heartily, Anatoli looked over and waved at her. Then he skated towards his bench and Lena could see the guys speaking to him. Over the ice she heard the deep rumble of laughter and figured they were giving him a hard time. Flushing, she sat back down.

A few minutes later a referee skated out and the first group of players took to the ice. Everyone lined up, taking their places on and around the center circle, and the puck was dropped.

Lena had never really followed hockey. She'd watched games with her father as a kid, but she'd never been able to summon any enthusiasm for it. She had no idea who the big players were and she had absolutely no idea how to tell a good player from a not so good one. Sitting there in the chilly arena, Maksim muttering beside her in Russian, Lena couldn't take her eyes off of Anatoli.

He dominated on the ice. His mere presence was enough to increase Lena's heart rate and give her an unexpected appreciation for the game. This was a fun, friendly game and over the sound of blades cutting the ice, she could hear raucous laughter. It all brought a smile to her face. She laughed when Anatoli lost his balance as he took a swipe at the puck, ending up on his backside. The puck sailed wide of the net and his team razzed him from the bench.

"He is such a..." Maksim started to say and paused, waving his hand in the air as he searched for the right word.

Lena glanced at him before seeing Anatoli leap to his feet and skate for the puck, pulling a move that could only be described as acrobatic. She laughed and clapped her hands even as the puck went past the net again.

"Show off!" she shouted at the top of her lungs.

"That's it!" Maksim exclaimed with a laugh, touching her arm. "He is a show off."

"He's so amazing," Lena added with a breathless laugh. "He must play a lot."

Maksim gave her a strange look and smiled. "You live in Washington, yes?"

"That's right."

"Don't you go to hockey games?"

Laughing, Lena glanced over at him. "Never," she told him. "I grew up with two sisters and we were all into dancing and playing with dolls more than hockey."

Maksim chuckled. "Maybe when you go home, you will go to a game."

"I think I might," Lena said. Anatoli skated past and bumped into the glass as he did. Lena waved with a smile. "It wouldn't be as interesting as watching Anatoli."

Maksim laughed and clapped a hand on her shoulder. Lena turned to him with a surprised smile.

"You don't know?" he said and laughed again at her blank expression.

"What? I don't know what?"

"Who my son is? What he does?"

Lena blushed and looked back towards the ice as Anatoli skated off for a break. "No," she murmured, feeling her stomach clench. Is he someone important? Too important to see me or speak to me when we get home? she wondered to herself.

"He is Anatoli Oborotenski," Maksim said. "Hockey player for the Washington Capitals."

Lena blinked at him. She recognized the team name but she knew nothing of players. She looked back towards the bench where Anatoli was laughing with one of his teammates.

"Well," she said with a light laugh. "I guess that answers my question."

"Question?"

"Yes. I was wondering if he plays hockey in Washington."

Maksim laughed again and she joined him. They settled back and watched the game. Lena cheered for Anatoli and forgot to be embarrassed about not knowing who he was. She fell in love with hockey that day and she would forever blame Anatoli for it.

Later, Anatoli, Vlad and Pavel came home together from the rink while Lena tried to help Irina in the kitchen. It was well past noon when the guys walked in, loud and boisterous from the game. When they banged through the house with their gear, Irina ran from the kitchen and shouted at them in Russian. Lena assumed she was ordering them to put their gear away and wash before coming in the kitchen.

Lena continued stirring the soup Irina had left her with. She hummed to herself and was caught by surprise when strong arms went around her waist, pulling her against a hard body.

"Merry Christmas, Lena," Anatoli's deep voice whispered in her ear, his warm breath tickling her.

"Merry Christmas, Anatoli," she replied, feeling inexplicably shy. His hands on her body - and his lips moving on her neck - reminded her of what had happened between them the night before. She wasn't sure what shocked her more; that he was holding her close again or that his hold on her was making her weak in the knees.

MugsyB
MugsyB
2,734 Followers