The Ice in Russia

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MugsyB
MugsyB
2,735 Followers

That way? Lena repeated silently. She thought back over her time with Anatoli and wondered how anyone could possibly choose to be away from him. "Vlad, take me to the airport," she blurted out, feeling her cheeks burn under his stunned gaze.

"What?"

"The airport," she repeated. "I want to go home now."

He stared at her for another few seconds and then he grinned. "What about your bags?"

"I have my passport and ticket with me," she said, patting the purse in her lap. "I want to go home. I have to see... him. I have to see Anatoli."

Vlad chuckled but turned the next corner that took them towards the airport instead of his family home. "You just saw him yesterday."

She laughed, feeling giddy and light-headed. "I know. But I need to see him again to let him know that I'd rather be with him, than here without him."

"Isn't it your dream to be in Russia?" Vlad asked after another few minutes.

"Yes," she whispered, thinking of all she'd seen in the few days since arriving. "But it's not the right place without Anatoli."

Vlad nodded in silence and did as she asked, driving her to the airport.

Once there, she asked him to apologize for her and that she'd call to make arrangements for her belongings when she got home. He told her he'd just bring her bags when he returned to Washington in another week. Then he hugged her at the security gate and waved her off.

***

Anatoli was glad that his first couple games following his trip were in Washington. It gave him an extra few days to get over his jet lag and to get his mind off of Lena. As far as he was concerned, absolutely nothing he did would ever get her off his mind. She had invaded every part of him and he'd even refused to shower for a day after returning home, just so he could hold on to her lingering scent a little while longer.

He was trying to relax before his second game since returning when his phone rang. He didn't even look at the caller display before answering it.

"Anatoli?" Lena's familiar voice sang over the line and his body reacted instantly.

"Lena!" he exclaimed, jumping to his feet. "How are you? How is my family?"

She laughed, the sound like music to his ears. "I'm great and so are they. Hey, listen, I can't talk for very long. Can you do me a huge favor?"

"Of course, anything," he agreed, even though he was sad that she couldn't stay on the phone with him.

"I told my parents about you and my dad loves the Capitals. Would you be able to get them a couple tickets to tonight's game?"

"Yes, of course," he answered.

"Oh, you're amazing, Anatoli! If you were with me right now, I'd kiss you all over!"

He laughed even as the image of her kissing him all over made him painfully hard. He listened as she gave him her parent's address and agreed to have someone drop them off there that afternoon. Then they spoke for another minute before Lena hastily ended the call. Feeling sad to have lost her all over again, Anatoli hung up the phone and tried again to relax before his game.

Later at the arena, he found himself looking all around the crowd, looking for a man and woman who might resemble Lena. It was useless; he was too far down and there were too many people in the stands to single anyone out. So he focused on his warm-up and then on the game once the puck hit the ice.

***

Lena's heart was in her throat the entire game as she sat next to her father in the stands. Her father was enjoying the game, wearing his worn out Capitals jersey and cheering his team on. Lena didn't understand enough about the game to really get into it. In any case, she only had eyes for one man.

Before arriving that night, she hadn't even known what number he wore but the second #8 took to the ice, she knew it was him. No one else had his presence and drive on the ice. He was such an electrifying personality that she couldn't help but stare at him the entire time.

The last period came to an end and she raced through the arena after a quick kiss goodnight for her father. He'd suggested that she should wait outside near the player's entrance and Anatoli would most likely see her there. She wasn't sure about that, certain that superstars would have private entrances and exits but she didn't care. If she had to lie down in front of a bus to get his attention, she would.

As it turned out, she didn't need to.

Her father had been right. It was dark out and there were several people milling around a side entrance to the arena, waiting for the players to come out. Lena made her way through the small crowd until she was close enough to the entrance to see the players as they filed out.

At last, an unmistakable figure filled the doorway and Lena hollered his name while waving her hands.

"Lena?" Anatoli said, turning and looking through the small gathering until his eyes met hers. Then his face broke into a jubilant grin and he pushed through until he could pick her up.

"Hi!" Lena greeted him and laughed as he swung her around in a circle.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, not setting her on her feet.

The fans surrounding them pressed close and Anatoli carried her carefully back inside where they could have some privacy. The door shut on the people outside and then they were alone together.

"I came to see you play," she told him, unable to stop smiling.

He grinned and shook his head at her, not letting go of her for a second; not that she was complaining. His arms around her was exactly what she'd missed on that day with Vlad in Moscow.

"You weren't supposed to come back to Washington until next week," he said.

"I couldn't stay away from you for that long," she confessed, shaking her head as she spoke. "I needed to be here."

He stared at her, his smile slipping a little. "But Moscow was your dream, wasn't it?" he asked, clearly at a loss.

Smiling, Lena laid her palm against his cheek and pressed her lips to his. "It will always be there. We can go back in the summer, together."

"I can't believe you just left." He shook his head in wonder.

"I'd rather be with you," she told him and meant it with every fiber of her being.

It must have been exactly what he wanted to hear because he bent his head and kissed her thoroughly, promising everything to her in that moment. She drank him in, holding him close and knowing that somehow they would go back to Moscow together. It would be the fulfillment of a dream she hadn't known before Anatoli, and it was every bit as precious.

MugsyB
MugsyB
2,735 Followers