The Joust

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pelaam
Pelaam
1,330 Followers

"I can pass on a message," the boy offered, giving a gap-toothed smile.

"We have the first pavilion as you come out of the trees, the red one," Sebastian said, grateful for the boy's suggestion. "You need to find Sir Radley and tell him where I have gone. Thank you."

****

Ratafian glanced around. It had been some time since Sebastian had gone to fetch water and there was still no sign of his return. A cold feeling lodged in the pit of his stomach as he saw Radley heading in his direction, clearly looking for the young man.

"He went for water and has not come back," Ratafian supplied seeing the Knight's questioning look.

The two men moved as one to check the river. There was no sight of the young man, just the half-full water skin lying discarded. Ratafian immediately began to scan the ground.

"There is no sign of a struggle," he said tightly. "But the ground is hard and dry, there is little to follow."

"The pavilion," Radley rasped, although he was certain it would be empty.

They raced back. Inside the tent, speared to one of the supporting poles by a dagger was a sheet of vellum. Radley snatched at it, scanning it rapidly before dropping to his knees, a soul-deep groan escaping his lips.

"His life is forfeit if I win the joust, Ratafian," he moaned. "What have they done to my beautiful angel?"

"I swear I will find him and bring him home safe, Radley," Ratafian husked, his hand reaching to squeeze his friend's bowed shoulders. "Do what you can to delay things. I will do what I must."

Ratafian sought out Barnard, briefly explaining what had happened. The young Knight had seen an uncouth man speaking in hushed tones to Platt, Edmund's man-at-arms, who had taken such a delight in whipping Sebastian on the roadside.

"I will come with you, Ratafian," Barnard insisted. "If this is Edmund's work, then we face a dangerous and devious adversary. I will not permit you to face danger alone. This brings shame to all who would call themselves a Knight."

"Very well," the dark man nodded. "But you may not find my methods to your taste as a Knight."

"You must do what is necessary, Ratafian."

****

Platt ambled leisurely from the latrines that had been set up. His master was due to compete against Radley soon and, once Edmund had won, there would be a great deal of celebration. His smile turned into a gasp as a sharp knife pressed into his ribs from behind. He was spun and a hard fist slammed into his face, turning his world black.

When his eyes next opened, a gag had been shoved into his mouth and his doublet and tunic shredded apart to bare his chest. His hands were tied at the wrist and then rope led to a tree, stretching his arms, arching his naked chest upwards. He glared at the thin man who sat astride his thighs.

"I do not have time to bandy words with you, Platt," Ratafian hissed sibilantly. "Just know this. I am no Knight, no man of honour. Edmund was not careful enough. I know you are complicit in Sebastian's kidnap and you will either tell me where he is or lead me to him."

Despite the gag, Ratafian was certain that the response from his prisoner was less than favourable. He began to trace a knife over Platt's skin, occasionally nicking the unprotected flesh, letting a bead of blood well up before spreading it over the bound man's chest as it began to rise and fall with increasing speed.

"I can, and will, flay you alive if I need to. I am quite versed in such techniques and I have no qualms about employing them. No one will come to your aid or hear your cries." With a deft movement, the dark man removed a small strip of skin from just beneath the now screaming man's breast. "This is just the start, Platt. Where is Sebastian?"

****

Sebastian shivered with a mix of cold and fear. He was bound tightly, his wrists behind his back and then secured to his ankles. A gag dug painfully into the corners of his mouth and a blindfold covered his eyes. His head still ached from the blow to his temple that had come from the man moving so swiftly from the cover of the trees that Sebastian had no time to react. He had been told that if Radley lost the tourney, he would live. He fought back tears that threatened once more. Even if his lover chose him over his castle, how injured would his mate be if he failed to defend himself? He had always seen tourneys as exciting. Now he saw their dangers. A shard of wood penetrating through a visor, a fall or a lance catching the rider, were all potentially fatal. He feared as much, if not more, for Radley.

He heard voices and began to struggle as hands reached for him once more. It took a moment for him to recognise one and he sagged as he did.

"Ratafian," he husked as the gag was gently pulled away. He could feel someone else cutting through his restraints. He burrowed into a tight embrace, unable to stop the tears of relief.

"We cannot tarry," Ratafian murmured, kissing the auburn curls. His heart was still hammering from the sight of Sebastian, half-covered by branches and leaves, so unmoving he thought the young man already dead.

"Radley. They said he had to lose or I would die," Sebastian whispered.

"Ratafian, beware!" The warning came in time, the thin man dropping to the floor and pulling a shocked Sebastian with him. As he looked up, a knife in his hand, he saw Platt dropping to the floor, Barnard's dagger protruding from his ribs. He manoeuvred Sebastian to shield the young man from the sight.

"My thanks, Barnard," he said, giving a short bow.

"Let us hurry," the young Knight replied, acknowledging Ratafian with a curt nod.

****

As they reached the Lists, the joust was already over. Sebastian bit back the cry of sorrow at the sight of his lover, the beloved face pale, bloodied and drawn. As their eyes met, the love and relief each man felt was almost palpable. Sebastian's eyes closed as Radley's strong hand rested shakily on top of his head. The gesture innocuous, but speaking of possession, love and solace.

"The joust?" Sebastian husked, not able to say more.

"The Chevalier will announce Edmund as victor. I would relinquish any number of castles for your safety, little angel," Radley rasped. "I have enough to stave off Edmund and there is another tourney we can attend. However, you cannot stay with me. I will send you and your mother somewhere safe so you will not be endangered again."

"No, Radley, please," Sebastian begged. The thought of being parted from his lover was almost more than he could bear.

"There is no need, Radley."

The new, voice, spoken with quiet authority had all turning. Instantly Radley and Ratafian dropped to one knee, Sebastian instinctively copying them as a man threw back the hood of the dark, plain cloak he wore.

"My Liege," Radley murmured.

"Stand, my friend," the King replied as his men began removing their plain cloaks to reveal their royal livery. "And as your friend, I should not have learnt of Matthew's naivety and foolishness from another."

"I sought to take responsibility for my brother's actions, Sire and not use our friendship when the castle was a gift from you."

"You have an honourable heart, Radley. 'Tis a shame it cannot be said of all my Knights."

The King's hand cupped Sebastian's chin, the young man staring wide-eyed at the intimate touch, as his face was subject of intense scrutiny.

"To despoil such beauty and innocence is a crime," the older man murmured. "You are a lucky man, Radley. I will assume your debt to Edmund; let him come to me for restitution. I will speak to the Chevalier and have the last contest declared null and void. There will be a re-match tomorrow. You are not capable of focusing on a joust at this moment. Go to your pavilion, I will join you momentarily." He turned from the stunned couple to address a bearded man close behind him. "Captain, whilst I am in Sir Radley's tent, ensure none can come close to disturb us,"

Radley took a few snatched seconds to crush his lips against Sebastian's, thrusting his tongue inside the warm, wet cavern to taste his lover's sweetness. The young man's flavour burst on the Knight's tongue, finally reassuring the older man that Sebastian was indeed safe and in his arms. They had already broken apart when the Sovereign entered.

"There will be a banquet at Allard's castle tonight. You may bring your men. Although they will have to eat with the other servants, you will sit with me. That way I can be assured no one will try and taint food or drink. I have advised Edmund to come to me for your debt and that I want your promissory note. I have no time for those who think Chivalry is something to be used or discarded whenever they want to advantage themselves. Ratafian advised me that the Lady Charissa and Sir Barnard were of great help," the older man smiled smugly. "Allard is now very anxious to claim the young man as a son-in-law."

"They will make a good match, Sire," Radley acknowledged.

"I have a cousin that I believe would make an equally good match for Matthew," the King added, his face calculating. He used a finger to tilt Sebastian's face to gaze into the young man's guileless, azure orbs. "If I had found such beauty first I would have coveted it jealously. However, the best that such a prize could have in my court is material wealth and an occasional outing to be savoured but briefly. Better it finds a home where it can be cherished and treasured. As a squire, Sebastian will have to be kept apart from you when you are away from your own home. Perhaps he should be named as an heir. I can doubtless find some small title to bestow upon him."

"My Liege..." Radley began in stunned tones, but a raised hand cut him short.

"You are a good and honourable man and we live in unforgiving times. That will ease your lives as will these. On your knees, both of you." Although spoken quietly, the command was obvious and both men obeyed immediately.

The King removed a small velvet pouch from around his neck and pulled two rings from it. There were clearly still others inside as he tucked the pouch back inside his cream, silk tunic. "Your right hand, Sir Radley." He pushed one onto the Knight's middle finger. It was gold with his personal insignia proudly displayed. "Now yours, Sebastian," he said. The ring was too large for the young man's slender fingers, but sat well on his thumb. The King smiled down at the two men. "Be discreet and keep safe. Now rest, come to Allard's castle when you are ready and tomorrow I expect you to make me proud, Sir Radley.

"I will, Sire," Radley vowed.

****

If Edmund was angry at the King taking on Radley's debt, having to repeat the joust between the two combatants or at his pointed exclusion from the banquet at Allard's castle, his visage did not show it. It was as blank as an unchalked slate as he and Radley took their places before the King, Sir Allard and the Lady Charissa. Radley allowed himself the smallest of smiles and nods at the beaming Sir Bernard who sat a little behind the lady he loved. They had taken their places in the Berfrois, the grandstand from where they and Allard's other noble guests watched the tournament.

"Sir Radley," Charissa smiled. "Sir Barnard and I would be pleased if you and your entourage would wear these to show you are my champion for the joust."

'We would be honoured, milady," Radley said, accepting the ribbons. He bowed, receiving nods from the King and Allard. He handed them to Miriam, who affixed one to each man and the last to the shoulder of her own dress.

"May God be with you, Radley," she whispered as the Knight moved to mount his destrier.

With his heart in his mouth, Sebastian watched the contest between the two Knights. To his eyes the lances seemed inequal in length and his lover's armour inadequate to protect him. In truth he knew they were both twelve feet long and the armour had withstood even Radley's deliberate lack of defence the previous day.

"He will be well, my son." His mother's words were whispered in his ear and he latched onto them as he had as a child, his hand slipping into Miriam's as she smiled reassuringly. He glanced at Ratafian as the dark man's hands came proprietarily to sit one on Sebastian's shoulder, the other on Miriam's. Ox's place was at the end of each run to ensure all was well with Radley.

A loud cheer rang around the Lists as, on the last pass, Edmund was unseated. Sebastian could barely contain himself. It was now very unlikely the older Knight could best Radley, but it had been agreed that they would use their broadswords. He watched assiduously as the Knights battled, marvelling at his lover's strength and dexterity. Another cheer accompanied Edmund stumbling to the ground, his sword falling from his hand, and apparently ceding victory to Radley.

Sebastian raced forward, peripherally aware that Ratafian was bit a couple of steps behind him. He gasped as he saw Edmund's hand sneak to grasp at the dagger at his waist.

"Radley, beware," he cried, barrelling into his oblivious lover to push him clear of any attack from behind by Edmund.

Radley caught Sebastian, staggering a couple of steps before regaining his balance. He turned at the cry of pain from the fallen Knight to see one of Ratafian's daggers buried in Edmund's shoulder and the older man's own knife now useless at his side.

"For such dishonourable behaviour you are fined a thousand groats, Sir Edmund," the King blazed furiously. "I will not tolerate un-chivalrous actions from my Knights. Chevalier, please declare the winner."

Sebastian grinned happily as Radley was declared the joust's champion and received the purse.

"My thanks, Sir Allard," Radley smiled. "It will be good to return home," he smiled at his well-wishers; his King, Sir Allard, the Lady Charissa and Sir Barnard.

"If I might have a word, Sir Radley," Ratafian spoke quietly, all attention instantly diverting to the dark man, who held the hand of a blushing Miriam. "I would like to announce that Mistress Fitzroy has done me the honour of accepting my suit and we are now betrothed."

"But, but that will make you my...my..." Sebastian gasped, unable to quite gather his wits.

"Your stepfather, unless you have an objection..." The rest of Ratafian's words were lost to eternity as he was enveloped by small arms in a tight, enthusiastic hug.

"Mistress Fitzroy, do you have a father or uncle to provide any dowry?" the King asked, stroking at his short beard.

"I have no need of dowry, my Liege," Ratafian laughed as Sebastian finally released him to hug his mother.

"Let me know the details of the wedding when I visit you in, say, three weeks' time, Radley. I will provide a suitable dowry for Mistress Fitzroy and, unless she objects, would be honoured to stand as her father," the older man smiled. "At that time Matthew can meet the cousin I think will settle him down well."

"Thank you, Sire," Radley husked. It seemed as though his world was finally resolving into peace and joy. If he was honest, the winning purse was secondary now. His castle was safe and, more importantly, he had a living, breathing treasure to take home.

****

Radley swept a laughing Sebastian into his arms before he crossed the threshold of their bedroom. He performed a slow pirouette letting the still giggling younger man see the room they would share.

Beneath the windows was a padded seat and he carried Sebastian over to let him gaze at the farmland that belonged to the castle. A heavy wooden set of drawers occupied the rest of the wall. A fireplace with a merrily blazing fire occupied the wall to the left of the door. A wooden dresser with wash bowl, jug and clean towels stood next to another doorway on the right. There were a couple of large, exotic tapestries adorning the walls, providing colour as well as helping retain heat.

"Where does that lead, Radley?" Sebastian asked.

"It is a smaller bedroom. It will be prepared to look as though it is your room, my sweet angel. I trust my people here, but we will lock both outer doors and make your bed look slept in if we have visitors, even though they will be housed in the other wing of the castle. I will take no chances with our life together, my love."

Sebastian made a soft sound of contentment as he nuzzled the bigger man and then gasped as they turned and he took his first look at their bed.

He was certain it was the size of his whole room back in his old house. It was a luxuriant four-poster. Cream silk panels enclosed three sides, the fourth was draped open. Two small wooden tables were either side of the bed, the lamps they held adding to the light from the roaring fire. One also held a small bowl of oil that was atop a stone set on a metal trivet, which Sebastian made a mental note to ask his mate about. The bed was dressed with one long, cream silk-encased bolster with three pillows in the same silk on top of it. The bottom and top sheets were lapis lazuli blue. A thick, practical woollen blanket was just visible, but on top of that was a thick, multi-coloured, padded coverlet. It seemed to glow as if jewel-encrusted with rubies, sapphires and emeralds thanks to the flickering firelight and lanterns. It was clearly not of English origin and Sebastian turned his awed gaze to his mate.

"It is beautiful," he whispered.

"But will be more beautiful still when you lie upon it, my angel," Radley husked. He laid the younger man down and immediately began to shed his clothes. He had longed to see Sebastian lying here, to make love with him here. He was pleased his preparations had been appreciated. He grinned as he saw Sebastian struggle in his haste to be denuded. He stood and stared reverently at the slight, naked form in his bed. The firelight caught the different coloured strands in the auburn hair to create a nimbus. "I never thought to make love with an angel, Sebastian," he rasped.

"Come to me, beloved," Sebastian urged, opening his arms and legs wide in silent invitation.

Radley took his rightful place between alabaster thighs, letting some of his heavier weight settle on his lover. He took Sebastian's lips in a long, thorough kiss whose heat seemed to melt the younger man's body. For long minutes they traded increasingly passionate kisses and more intimate touches.

"Will you roll over for me, angel?" Radley asked. "There is more I would show you of lovemaking." He moved aside to let the smaller man reposition himself comfortably.

"Yes, Radley," Sebastian murmured. He then rolled onto his stomach, mindful of his manhood which was now standing out very proudly from his intensely aroused body.

"Let me help you," Radley said solicitously. He lifted the slender hips and pushed a pillow under them, ensuring his lover's shaft was suitably positioned. "Comfortable?" he queried.

"Yes," Sebastian moaned as a thrust of his hips had his erect flesh sliding over the silk. His moan deepened in timbre as Radley ran large, calloused hands over his back. He groaned as the Knight moved behind him, fitting his hardness between his cheeks. He lay, letting Radley's hands and lips traverse his body, lightly massaging, relaxing him fully. A gentle scent of damask rose permeated the air and Sebastian soon felt as if he were boneless.

Radley smiled as he continued kissing the silken skin before him, moving down until he reached the perfect, pert globes he had wanted to touch all that day. Slowly, he ran his hands over the smooth mounds and then dusted the surface with feather-light kisses to a gasp of shock from his inexperienced lover. He sat back a little, spreading Sebastian wide, gazing at the tiny rosebud portal that was his entry to Eden. A frisson ran through him as he finally saw just how small his lover was. Without warning Sebastian of his intent, he leant forward and licked the tight bud before blowing over the wet skin.

Pelaam
Pelaam
1,330 Followers