The Kikimora

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The girl began her attack, swinging her knives in a seemingly random pattern that Lu couldn't see through. Though he managed to block all the attacks with his daos and light screens, he could never actually retaliate. He tried to stab forward with one of his daos once, but the girl curved the sickle around his arm, ripping the skin in a complete circle around his arm.

The girl, after a while, looked bored. She flicked out her fingers for a reason Lu could not understand. He didn't feel any power coming from the girl, so he paid it no attention... And slipped on the rug below him.

(Crap! Was that rug there before? I swear I didn't see it there a few seconds ago!)

The girl didn't waste a second in taking advantage of Lu's fall. She knelt down and lowered the long knife to his neck, but a gruff voice stopped her.

"Hold it! Kill him and I will kill this boy!" Max appeared on the bottom of the second floor stairwell holding a young boy in his arms with his hands around the boys neck, ready to crush it at any moment.

The maid immediately retracted herself and stood up. The girl glared venomously at Max, as if there was no other person in the world she wanted to kill.

"Drop the knives... NOW! Step away from Lu Jiang this moment!" Roared Max. "The boy won't struggle even if he wanted to. I've put him under a trance, he can hear and see us, but he cannot react no matter how much he wishes." Max kept a careful hold around the boy's head as his body remained limp. If you looked closely, you could see life in his eyes and breathing. "Now then, girl, what's your name?"

The girl was reluctant to answer, but she had no choice if she wanted to keep the boy alive. "Marian... Please refer to me as you have, as 'Girl'. Neither of you have any right to address me the name my Master gave me."

Max ignored the impertinent comment and continued. "Whatever, I assume that this kid is your 'master'. Is he Buck Teagans' grandson?"

...

Marian assessed the situation before her. There was a Chinese man named Lu Jiang with two swords behind her and a large muscled oaf on the stairwell holding her master hostage. She felt completely blind with unquenchable rage and hostility. There was nothing more that she wanted to do other than to slaughter the two men who were holding her master hostage and threatening her with his death.

Marian's eyes changed from black to a dark, crimson, bloody red.

"If you release Master this moment, I will consider letting the both of you off with a quick, painless death. If not..." The implications behind her words considered many options, all of which Marian thought were suitable to punish those who had malicious intent towards her master.

"Wrong answer, now give me the correct answer or I will kill your- GURK!" One of the dowels from the bannister, jagged from being broken, stabbed the large man in the leg. He howled in pain and reflexively let go of Marian's master.

Marian took one step back and pulled in Jiang by both of his arms before he could even react. She struck one of his arms and snapped the bone there. As the pain reached his mind, Marian manipulated his arm and forced the dao in his hands up through his jaw. He wasn't dead, yet, but he would suffer paralysis permanently from now on.

Marian knelt down to the ground, like an Olympic sprinter, and dashed towards the large man and her master. Already the large man recovered and was about to put his grubby hands on the master that she cared very much about.

"Remove your hands from him this instant you insufferable lowlife!" Marian angrily shouted as she kicked away the large man's hands from her master.

The hands came into contact with the wall behind him and she tossed two more small knives, pinning his hands to the wall.

Marian left the heavyset man there and lifted up her master with unusual strength. She laid him down on a couch facing away from Jiang and the heavy man. She walked back to the large man, pondering what sort of vengeful torture she should enact.

"You were not much... I expected much more from intruders who had the gall to invade my Master's home. However, had you not attempted to threaten me by killing my Master, you two could have overpowered me."

Marian's eyes changed from its bloody red to a golden purple.

"A rogue like you deserves death, but you also deserve pain before that death." Marian pulled out several sewing needles which she planned to use to pierce the pain centers of the large man's body.

"Damn bitch! When I get out of this, you will- GAAAAAH!" The large man's threatening voice was interrupted by pitiful pained cries.

Marian had inserted one of the needles in one of the central nervous centers near his neck. She actually wanted to insert the needles between the cuticles and fingers of his hand, but it seemed rather cliché. Either way, Marian fully intended to rightfully punish the man who may have killed her master.

Marian readied another needle. "Where should this one go? Perhaps right here..." Marian drew the needle close to the area above next to his heart.

"M-Marian... Stop!"

...

I saw everything.

I saw Marian ruthlessly attack the men who had held me and without remorse, drew their blood.

I saw her trying to torture the man who was threatening to kill me and said she would soon kill.

I don't want her doing any of that, and so I called out to her.

"Master..." Marian spoke listlessly as she saw me struggling to hold my body up over the couch. She lowered the needles and stood up, curtly dipping her head in my direction. "Master, I have dealt with the intruders to this house, one is dead, one is permanently disabled, and one is alive. May I have permission to relieve the living two of their lives?"

What is with this bloodlust of hers? I just can't understand how anyone could talk so readily about killing another like that. "Wha... Just what are you saying?! Of course not! Don't talk about killing people so easily like that!" I admonished Marian for her menacing words. I couldn't even contemplate killing someone, much less having someone do it in my stead.

"May I please punish them for attempting to harm you?" Marian held six sewing needles between her main digits.

"OF COURSE NOT!" I was frustrated at this point, there was something seriously wrong with Marian's thought process. "Look, let them go of course!"

Marian's eyes changed from black to white.

"...Yes, Master." Marian obeyed and stepped back from the large guy, I remember his name to be Max from that donut place earlier today... Or most likely yesterday considering the current time.

Ten seconds passes as Marian stood silent and then clapped her hands together. The sound that was produced sounded nothing less than cannon fire, though no glass was shattered surprisingly. Max, Lu, and Jorgen, each of their bodies disappeared.

"Hey, what'd you do?" She didn't make them disappear into a volcano or something? I couldn't even feel surprised at the fact she made them disappear in the first place.

"I merely teleported them outside of the mansion grounds. How they take care of themselves then is up to them. However, I need to warn you, their intent is unclear. They will come back with more people, and they will try to kill us..." Marian's voice was harsh. This was the sternest I have seen her yet.

They will come to kill us? That's far too ominous to think about. That didn't matter now. "Marian..."

"Yes, Master?" Her voice returned to its calm state.

"Stay away from me." I ordered thoughtlessly.

Marian's eyes changed from black to blue.

"Y-... Yes, Master."

-

It was finals day for all of my classes at my college, so I went there and took care of that business. I took the time to study each day until then, trying to remember what Marian taught me. However it was hard to do so because each time I thought of Marian, I remembered that literally bloody mess she made. I've never seen something so disgusting in all my life. I retched the next morning when I went to sleep.

I didn't know why, but I never called the authorities for some reason. I was sick about what happened and my own actions. Sick to the point where I didn't want to speak or even see Marian. If only it was just an intensely realistic dream.

Marian must have sensed my reluctance to see her and avoided me. Though it was obvious she was still around, as there were ready made meals for me to eat and any mess I made was cleaned up. What happened in the second floor common room was completely cleaned up and fixed, though my mind had a bitter reminder of what happened any time I entered that room, which I had to everyday to get to the first floor.

"This is not the mood a test taker should have..." I told myself as I laid my head down on the desk in front of me.

"Where the heck have you been these last few days?"

"Now now, our Dean here must have finally found a girlfriend to keep him away. That or he's been wrecking himself for finals."

Two of my idiotic friends began badgering me like they always did when I entered the college I went to. Their names were Jake and Langley (Lang for short).

Though I considered them friends, they were actually complete jackasses who thought nothing of their fellow man.

"Jackasses... Nothing of the sort that you're thinking of Lang. I'm just a little tired." I rubbed away the fatigue in my eyes which was evidenced by the faint rings.

The three of us continued our banter which had large amounts of sarcasm involved. I had missed this sort of interaction, especially after that bit of trauma I had a few days back because of Marian. I need to find some way to resolve our situation.

(Let's see... Just how do I feel about Marian?) I know for a fact that she is very caring and kind and she would never take advantage of me. But then there's this other side of her, violent and malicious. A side to her that wouldn't hesitate to attack other people. (Although she only attacked them because they would have done the same to us. I should've called the police or something... But it's far too late for that.) I then thought less about the situation as a whole, but more about the people involved. (That Max character... He'll definitely come back. His conversation I overheard means they definitely know that I'm the grandson of Buck Teagans and they'll come back for the stuff in the mansion's attic. And Marian, I guess she only fought them because she was worried about me. I didn't even think about her, how conceited.)

I plodded through my finals half-heartedly, though I still put my best forward. I refused to waste all that time studying because of that bloody... Oogh. (I don't feel too hot...)

Fortunately I had finished most of my last final test, though unfortunately for me the last few questions were fairly complicated word problems... Just what every student who is bad at math needs. (Wait a second... I remember this method from when Marian helped me.) A sudden epiphany hit me any I scribbled away on my scratch paper a method to victory.

...

(Marian really did help me out there from when she helped me study. I should apologize to her next chance I get, but I've got to tell her no more attacking people like that anymore. I could've talked to that Max guy and give up the artifacts in the attic; it's not worth fighting over. I doubt they would be willing to negotiate now, not with one of them dead and another paralyzed for life. Aw hell...)

I finally muddled through my final tests and was sitting remorsefully on a cushioned chair in one of the college buildings. "Ah, I'm hungry. I really want to eat that food again." Marian's food, though I've been constantly eating it every day now even though I can't see her. And not once have I disliked what she made so far.

"Perhaps we can offer you our assistance? Please come with us and we will do what we can." A young woman with several men behind her appeared before me. Judging by their dense looks and apprehensive clothing, they look anything but friendly.

I really didn't want whatever "assistance" they offered, but the pushiness in the woman's voice reminded me of those relentless telemarketers. Even so, I already had a suspicion about them considering their shifty attire and attitudes. "I'd love to say no, but I probably don't have a choice, right?"

"You're quite intuitive, Dean Teagans." Two of the men behind her revealed handguns underneath their coats with her words. "Please don't think of screaming or resisting, I'm sure you know what we are willing to do to you."

Crap... "Look, if you guys are with that Boneyard group, then I'm perfectly willing to give up those artifacts that you want if I have them." I pleaded my case, not that it would do any good.

"That is not my call. We are here to bring you to our boss." At the women's bark, the men got behind me and forced me to move along with their group.

God damn it, gramps, why'd you have to give me a fricken' mansion out of all things in your will?

-

My head was covered by a bag, forcing blindness as I was taken to these criminal's hideout. I was in a pretty large city, so there had to have been plenty of places to choose from for a secret base.

Immediately after I was taken out of the car, the bag over my head was taken off and I was forced into the backdoor of a building. My nose was assailed by the smell of various tonics and brews, this had to be some sort of bar.

"Um, what kind of place is this?" I had nothing better to ask, so I might as well ask this.

The woman who escorted me stretched her arms behind her back as if she had just arrived home. "Aren't groups like us supposed to keep our base a secret?"

(Well, she's not wrong, but-)

"This is a bar our group operates called Payne's Yard. You should've come here before. We offer quality service and alcohol."

"That's not a secret base! Hell, it's not even secret since you even named it after your boss!"

"I don't believe we revealed Mr. Payne's name. No matter, you will be seeing him right now." The woman gestured towards a VIP room and one of the men forced me inside.

I saw a normal sized roundtable which people would be playing card games, or whatever kind of game they wanted. There were four men in the room. One was standing to the side of the door I came from with his arms crossed, he had to be some sort of guard. One man, of some sort of ethnic descent, sat in the side of the room before the table with his hands behind his head, relaxing. A third, whose authoritarian figure and domineering face had to make him the leader, sat in a chair at the backside of the table, setting up a board. Directly behind him several meters was a large man... Max, though he seemed to not care that I entered the room.

The authoritarian man, with an equally disciplined voice, spoke to me. "You must be Dean Teagans, the grandson of my late associate Buck Teagans. I am genuinely pleased to meet you. As it seems you already know my name, I will still introduce myself for the sake of civility." The man stood up and held a king chess piece in his hand. "My name is Roger Payne, the leader and king of this generation's Boneyard. Although, I may be the king, I have the queen's capabilities using chess as an analogy."

"..." I wasn't sure what to do, so I stayed silent.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty?" Payne sat back down and placed the chess piece back on the board. He continued setting up the board by placing each piece on their respective square with meticulous precision.

"Wha?"

"I'm not one to deprive my prisoners... Ah, that's too harsh a word. Anyways, I wouldn't deprive you of food or drink if you want it, simply ask and if we have what you want, we'll get it to you." I focused my eyes on Payne, getting a good look at the criminal leader. He had a short head of blonde hair and a random bandage covering the side of his forehead. He wore a white collared shirt buttoned all the way. Judging by his facial and body features, he was most likely or Nordic descent. In all, he didn't look like an ominous boss of a criminal organization. Lastly, he seemed very arrogant in the way he talked and held his face.

"No thank you, I'm not really hungry or thirsty. I had a large breakfast." I looked back on the meal Marian had prepared for me without my knowing. Though I wasn't really fond on seeing her, I saw no reason in letting food get wasted.

"Ah yes, that maid of yours? She sounds quite capable." Payne pushed the chess board into the middle of the table. It slid with barely any friction and the chess pieces never wobbled around. "How about a game of chess while we discuss business, Dean. JJ, you mind with the table?"

"Lazy..." The man relaxing at the side of the round table leaned forward and focused his gaze on the table. His eyes seemed to tense up and before my eyes, the table contracted.

The round table, which wasn't all that large to begin with, shrunk up to a size suitable for two people enjoying a meal, drinks, and a game of chess.

"Ah, I'm not very good at chess..." I formed a futile excuse, trying to escape from Payne's seemingly harmless offer.

Seemingly harmless offer...

"It's no problem! I welcome a game with anyone from experts to newcomers!" His eyes narrowed and a finger from his hand tapped the table impatiently. "If you refuse... I'll kill you."

I shifted my gaze down to the floor in fear. There was no way to escape or fight back. All I could do was play a game of chess. "Yea, I'll play."

"No need to be afraid, all you need to do is play... Oh and one more rule. Whoever loses, be it me or you, will die." Payne spoke with utmost seriousness in his voice.

"You're always one to gamble, Payne. Do you ever think about anything other than yourself?" The one who said this was JJ, but he remained in his uncaring and relaxed position.

(Shit, I've got no choice! I haven't even played chess in the longest time!) Gathering my resolves and slammed both my fists on the table and looked up, fear no longer had a place in my eyes. "I'm thirsty, can I have a coke?"

"But of course." Payne nodded at the man standing guard at the door who then left probably to get my request. "I understand you're still underage, but if your life is at stake, why not have a bit of fire in your veins?"

"I got drunk before like the stupid teen I was, it wasn't fun. Besides, I doubt playing chess drunk is smart at all." I struggled to keep up a confident attitude, and somehow managed to succeed. While I hadn't played chess in a long, I had a faint feeling that I had a chance to win.

...

The minutes passed, and the both of us were somewhere around the middle of the game. We had both suffered losses, and while I had taken more of his pawns, I didn't feel like I was ahead.

"You say you're not very good at chess, but I see that very differently. It feels like you're setting me up for something." Payne said intuitively.

"It feels the same for me as you're obviously very good at chess. Even so, I just a newcomer to this game." I bluffed as much as I could. While it was true I was new to chess, I only vaguely remembered playing around fourteen years ago, that didn't mean I didn't have some sort of strategy. Every game in which you play face to face ultimately has that psychological factor involved. I was reluctant to show any emotion that may reveal that I had a secret plan. I had to fool Payne that was in way over my head (which was true).

My strategy involved subtly opening a path to my king and disguise it as a mistake. Then after a check, I would take the piece, preferably the queen. (I think my gramps called it the Mayan Sacrifice... What a stupid name.) I felt some nostalgia from when Grandpa Buck taught me that move when I was fairly young. I never actually got a chance to use it though... I think?

Payne seemed to see some sort of open path through my faux defense and moved his queen in place. A turn and a few suspicious glances later, Payne moved into my trap. Immediately after I moved my piece, Payne recognized his predicament. "You certainly aren't very new to this, where'd you come up with that move?"