All Comments on 'The King Is Dead'

by SisyphusRedux

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent

I thoroughly enjoyed your story. I envy both your imagination and writing skils.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago

Definitely an unusual scenerio, and well worth reading. :Your writing is very good. Looking forward to reading about future games.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Nicely Played!

I particularly like the way you resist rushing the game to a conclusion, sharing with the reader the sense of anticipation the players must have felt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Great Read!

Nicely developed characters and background. You might want to follow up with the next segment...do they awake on the floor? Do they share another game? Does she belittle him for being in check and playing on?? *s*

Ashesh9Ashesh9over 12 years ago
Thank you !

Thank you for a great story written in a very sophisticated manner ; i seriously doubt whether even a David Baldacci would be able to top your 2 page story on the Eastern European Chess Empress/Queen & her All-American Knight !

SisyphusReduxSisyphusReduxover 12 years agoAuthor
Not too far from real life

Thanks for all the comments; it was fun to write. If you're interested, the persona of our fictional heroine is inspired by the career of Anna Sharevich, a Woman Grandmaster from Belarus. If you google her name, you'll come up with a ton of hits - and images - that illustrate what I was trying to convey.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous