All Comments on 'The Last Good-bye'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Very Enjoyable****

Thanks for sharing.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THE LAST TIME GOODBYE

become the 1st Hurrah. TK U MLJ LV NV

hansbwlhansbwlover 9 years ago
Wrong category,

If I have read a real Loving Wife story, this is it! *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Did not make it past the first page

Sorry to rain on your parade, but was this an erotic story or an essay on your views about climate change? You could have dealt with the conference in a skimmed over manner and got to the interesting parts. And no, I was not looking for a "stroke story".

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Absolutely convoluted

Tortuous might be a better adjective. Really not a LW tale (only incidental to laborious explanation of author's version of global warming). Should of been labeled "science fiction." Author, don't pretend to be what you aren't.

kdcee79kdcee79over 9 years ago
Aussie rubbish

Let's see, 3.2 pages long, 1.8 pages of environmental rubbish, 1.4 pages of actual LW story that never really got going. Nope not for me, the occasional spelling & grammar errors certainly didn't help either, so sorry this was just a turnoff tale. 2 **

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Nonerotic is the category, or even loving wives, cause Sylvia was one.

This was a very poor story. As was said, convoluted

BigJohn601BigJohn601over 9 years ago
Your stories are so well researched and presented....

Not only are they informative but entertaining. Thanks.

michs28michs28over 9 years ago
Not impressed

I, probably like most readers, attach an authors name to good stories. When I see that a good author has published a story I read it, knowing that it will be worth my time. Not so in this case. The story was okay, nothing special and not original, but spending two pages out of four discussing climate change was enough to make this a poor story. I am a science nerd, love science, and am interested in climate change. I read stories on this site for one reason, and it isn't for the science. Nope not impressed at all. That being said you are still among my favorite authors, so I will give you another chance to redeem yourself.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Reading CM is always entertaining

In this case the attempt to show how complicated problems are solved by the politicians by seeing which solution will earn them more votes, and simplified into a few words by the Press. Both are powerful groups. I enjoyed the railroading of the Peacock...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow! You Really Fell Off The Horse This time

Pages of preachy stuff about climate change-is that why we read you? A trite, totally unbelievable, little tale about his wife.

Ghastly.

MrVdogMrVdogover 9 years ago
Is this written for Earth Day?

Or perhaps a new category of literature, the EcoRomance?

Interesting, anyway, and I give it 4 stars for being unique.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

Both Maggie and Sam's long speeches could've been left out. I skipped those parts...they were boring.

I wonder how many other things Sam and Sylvia are keeping from each other. She hid what was going on at work and I bet he won't tell her Maggie asked him to screw her. A friend that is so willing to mess up their friend's marriage is not someone they need to have.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 9 years ago
Strange strange story

This was really two stories - a Loving Wife story and an essay on environmental issues. Whilst I agree with a lot of the science discussed, a story in Romance is not the place to put it. As to the LW story, again, very strange - the come-on by the married former colleague was not realistic. Good that hubby held his course. I gave this conglomeration four stars mostly because I liked the ending.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
Not bad.

Nothing was explained about her disinterest for 2 months. Her lack of ardor for her husband, who she kept claiming to love above all else. She had something else going on besides worrying about the full court press by the new lawyer. She was either complicit in his harassment or wanted something and he didn't deliver. Husband should have asked about that even though it was hinted that the friend explained everything to his wife on the phone. She should have had time to get more of her story together.

good story, didn't agree with everything about the science presented, but it was at least as good as the crap that is being put out by everyone else.

RedPillRedPillover 9 years ago

While I enjoyed it, this one was all over the place. First, like several others commented, the environmental essay was a distraction. Its an area of interest to me, and I have considerable doubt about the "mainstream" warnings about CAGM (catastrophic anthropogenic global warming), but this isn't the best venue for that discussion.

Now to the story. It was interesting and well written, but to me somewhat fell apart at the end. The sub plot about how Sylvie, rather than having a lover, was turning the tables on the jerk, was entertaining. A bit over the top, but fun. But I was convinced that Sylvie and Maggie were in cahoots to test Sam, presumably due to Sylvie having her doubts about him. That's the only way that the last part of the story makes sense, and Sam seemed a moron to not suspect it. I almost expected him to say "hell no, my ex-friend can't stay at our house after trying to seduce me for days", to put the onus on Sylvie to come clean about them testing Sam.

As it is, the story seems incomplete, and I was half expecting the Cromagnonman to come back with a comment like "oops, don't know what happened, but my story got cut off".

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
two different stories

one an essay on the environment.

the other a disconnected discussion about a dysfunctional marriage.

Neither one was remotely interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Environmental Comments

Your comments on the environment agree with my thoughts as a former post grad student of the environment. Unfortunately, the maddening crowd of most environmentalists tend to follow like little lost sheep the diatribes of a journalist who happened to take one environmental course while at Stanford by the expert who originally preached the dangers of green house gases, a position said expert later rejected just before his death. Meanwhile, his former student started preaching his original theory as gospel. His only real claim to fame being he was the former vice-president of the USA, but that apparently carried enough weight that now many leading environmentalists blindly adhere to these questionable theories. No explanation or consideration has ever recently been given to the natural heating and cooling of the earth as the real cause of the current global warming as expressed by the experts in this story.

Thank you Cromagnonman for posting this story. It was not your usual stile, but I did thoroughly enjoy it. All the best, George from Tennessee.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
dickhead

yep the main character is a total dickhead , bit like the current duo running/ruining the country.....

Yuri5Yuri5almost 8 years ago
loved the ending

what a twist, and the muttering at the end was awesome

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
quite a good story

with all the environmental stuff and very interesting....what I don't understand is why was his old girl friend at home with them...for what purpose was she there to be part of them or what???? you missed off the reason why she went home with them....or was it to escape her own marriage....if to reinforce their marriage then why did she try to seduce him even though she was talking to his wife who sorted that sexual predator out...very confusing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Jeez

To my mind the whole ending was a total waste of time!

What would have happened if the 'friend' got him in to bed?

Was this a collusion between the wife & the friend?

If that were me I'd have been 'hopping' mad and told the two engage in 'sex & travel' -- 'Fuck off'!

She sets up her husband & the friend then tried set him up with sex & it's all been hidden under a bed 'somewhere'!

19pvc44

NeuroBillNeuroBillalmost 6 years ago
Fun

The environmental science was over the top and inaccurate but the intent was clear. The personal science was way over the top and fun. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...