The Lawyer and the Killer Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,562 Followers

There were other women sure. He and Susan might be separated, they might never be together again, and she might even leave him. It didn't matter, for him there was only her. To be with any other woman would be like masturbating.

Susan hugged Shawn to herself as tightly as she could. She kept thinking about Humphrey Bogart. How did he get into her mental conversation? What had he said, 'In all the gin joints in all the world she, in this case he, had to come back into hers?" Here she was, from among all the men in the world, this was the one who had to come into her life. This was the one. Here he was. This one, Shawn, he was the one. She started to cry.

Shawn took her chin and lifted her face, "Why are you crying?"

She answered, "You don't know?"

He was utterly and totally without a clue, "This is the happiest moment of my life, and you're crying."

She was crying full steam now, "It's the happiest moment of my life too. That's why I'm crying" The tears came out in a torrent. She reached up with her hands and pulled his face down to kiss him, "I'm in love with you, you shit bird."

He hugged her and kissed her face. He kissed the tears out of her eyes and off her cheeks. He squeezed her breath away. He held, caressed, cuddled, cooed, and whispered over and over, "I love you, I love you, I love you." He kept uncontrollably whispering her name again and again and again, "Susan, Susan, Susan." It was as though every part of his body that wasn't directly touching her was jealous of the parts that were.

They lay there side by side in each others arms for fifteen, twenty, maybe thirty minutes. Slowly they both felt it; a resurrection. He was getting hard again. They hugged and squeezed, and kissed and cuddled, and cooed, and did it all over again. Then they both fell asleep.

Sometime later, perhaps it was an hour maybe two they both started to wake up. Shawn smiled at her, and she smiled back.

He looked at her and grinned, "Is it too late for pancakes?"

She smiled back, "With you, never"

They both got up and got dressed. She found a different blouse, a dark blue one this time. Shawn was stuck with the same clothes he'd been wearing the night before. They both agreed a trip to a department store was their first order of business. Get Shawn re-attired, and then off to a Bob Evans.

They spent the rest of the day shopping, eating, and just wandering from mall to mall looking in windows and talking. Mostly they talked about nonsense. They talked about their favorite movies, favorite movie stars, best television shows, special childhood memories, favorite foods. They drove around and looked at houses. They talked about silly things like carpeting, furniture, china, silverware, weddings, honeymoons, names for children, and all sorts of really dumb things that two people deeply in love thought were important.

Later that evening they went back to Susan's apartment and made love again. They showered together and went out to eat. They both agreed, since this was like they're first real dinner as a couple they'd pick a place where they could each get a favorite dish. It was a wonderful sensation to realize neither had pretentious tastes. They settled on an Italian eatery, an Olive Garden. Shawn ordered lasagna. Susan got shrimp scampi. They got a third plate and split their meals. They both drank red wine. They got cannoli, and ate every one. Then when they were finished they went back home to Susan's and made love again.

The next two days were a whirlwind of shopping trips, mall adventures, long rides in the country, short hikes in the parks, visits to tourist sites, making love, and just being totally completely, and absolutely happy.

It had to end though. They both knew it would. On the after noon of the third day they stopped at a ticket outlet and Shawn bought a one way ticket to New York It would be there where he'd meet up with the group he was with that was bound for somewhere outside the country.

Shawn knew where he was headed, but refused to tell Susan. He explained if she didn't know she wouldn't worry. She disagreed; her argument being she'd worry about everything everywhere. Shawn wouldn't budge. He had an underlying fear Camulos and his ilk might try something, and if Susan didn't know they couldn't hurt her.

On that evening of their third day Susan and Shawn agreed to go shopping one more time. They didn't want to overdo things so they chose a nice neighborhood mall. The plan was to split up for an hour or so to have some separate time to buy each other two gifts. They agreed to get one gift to share that night, and another gift that each would agree to open after they said good bye at the airport in the morning.

They both shopped and met at the food section where they each got a piece of pizza. They deferred going home as long as they could. They went to a movie, and then went to a second later movie. Neither talked very much; the drama they chose was sad, and the comedy they watched wasn't very funny. They went home to Susan's and made love one more time. Comparatively speaking it would have been more fun to have gone to a viewing at a funeral parlor.

The next morning they got up and exchanged gifts. Neither felt very sexy. Susan bought Shawn a new Timex watch with his and her names engraved on the back. She remembered the clerk at the counter was a little surprised at the idea of an engraved $20.00 watch.

He gave Susan a music box. It was a poor choice; the song it played was 'Playmate'. He didn't have much contact with that stiff when he was a kid, and had no idea there was a melancholy aspect to the lyrics. When Susan sang the lyrics for him he'd wished he'd chosen something else.

They drove to the airport in silence. He went to the desk, got his ticket and together they waited. They both had a coffee, but neither had much to say. Then Shawn broke the silence, "I'm afraid I'm leaving you with a terrible problem."

Susan responded, "I'm going to miss you. I won't know what to do."

"That's not what I mean."

Susan looked perplexed, "What else could there be?"

Shawn took her two hands in his, "You've been taken against your will two times. The first time was short, and I was able to patch together something that made your disappearance plausible. This time it's different. There were video cameras in the basement garage. Your name was splashed all over the television, the newspapers, and the Internet. Now you'll be showing up again. There will be no plausible explanation for your disappearance and reappearance."

Susan looked into his eyes, "People will think it was a hoax, a stunt, a publicity stunt."

Shawn answered, "I think so. You're young, beautiful. The tabloids will use you. You'll be another Brittany Spears and another Lindsay Lohan."

"My career could be ruined."

"You'll be made to look like a fool."

"What am I going to do Shawn?"

Shawn pulled her into his arms, "I don't know. I haven't figured that one out." He cupped her head in his hands, "I'm going to be out of the country but not necessarily out of your life. I want you to go back to work. When the police come to see you tell the truth. Don't leave out anything. Tell the police everything. Use my name if you're asked."

Susan leaned back, "If I use your name you'll be in trouble."

Shawn told her, "I'm already in trouble. You just tell the truth. Tell everything you know. Kidnapping's a Federal crime; the FBI will be involved. There's an agent. Mark Miller. When the FBI comes ask to speak to him, if I know my Mounties, he'll take everything you say very seriously."

Susan asked, "You know this Mark Miller?"

Shawn hesitated, "I know who he is."

Susan looked off at the sky through the big glass windows of the airport, "What has he to do you?"

Shawn watched her and waited until she looked back at him before he said anything, "When the FBI comes and questions you they'll probably be looking for an opportunity to accuse you of something fraudulent. You ask to speak to Mark Miller. When you speak to him tell him you know who Ophay is."

"Ophay? Who's that? "

Shawn took her arm, "The FBI has known about me personally for almost two years, but they haven't been able to place me with my real name. They've given me the code name Ophay. It's a bad word black people once used when they referred to white people. As soon as you give Miller that name he'll put the pieces together. He'll know who I am, and he'll know where to look. You tell him everything you can. Leave nothing out. He'll cover your story. You'll be vindicated. Your career will be safe

Susan replied, "I won't hurt you Shawn."

"You can't. You won't"

Susan wasn't so sure, "He'll have your name and he'll tie you to things you've done in the past."

Shawn squeezed her arm, "You do as I say. I'll be all right. Understand?"

Susan pulled her arm free, "I love you Shawn. I won't do it."

They announced his flight; she started to cry. He wanted to cry but held it in.

As they stood there side by side holding hands for what both believed might be their last time to ever be together Shawn made Susan promise not to wait for him. If she hadn't heard anything in six months she was to assume the worst. She swore she'd wait forever. He made her promise to give the baby a good name, and if he didn't get back, she should find a decent man and marry him. He begged her to talk to the FBI agent. They kissed one last time and said their good byes.

Susan went up to the observation deck where she watched the plane taxi out to the runway and take off. Shawn, for his part, sat as close to a window as he could. He couldn't see her, but he knew she was there. He knew the next plane he took would land him somewhere in Africa, and from there he, Kia, Kim, and two others were headed for the Sudan. Darfur was their final destination.

As the plane flew toward New York Shawn opened the package Susan had gotten for him. He made her promise not to buy anything expensive, flashy, or anything that might attract attention. She'd bought him a simple leather belt. It was his size. On the inside she'd had something engraved; it read 'Susan and Shawn, Forever.' He cracked. Squeezing the belt tightly in his two hands he broke down and cried. The stewardess came back and asked if he was all right. He wiped his face and said he was OK.

Susan waited till she got in her car to open his gift. It was small. She knew it was jewelry. Her hands shook as she got it open. Inside was a small gold necklace, and hanging from the necklace was a heart shaped pendant. On the back of the pendant was engraved the phrase, 'Love is Eternal'. She put it on right away and cried all the way home.

*

This isn't over! Chapter Seven is in the box.

Of course, your comments, criticism, and suggestions are most welcome. Sincerely, carvohi

carvohi
carvohi
2,562 Followers