The Lost World Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the preparations were complete, the cultists, young and old, male and female, all gathered together in a vast circle of more than seventy members. They all wore clothing of various styles. Some had on priest and nun garb as they pretended to be devoted worshippers of god by day and insane delvers of sin at night. Others wore the normal clothing you would see on an everyday man or woman or child.

They had all gathered together as loyal followers of the concept of Sin. Virtue is the downfall of man to them, the only true way to become like their saviors, the demons, is to immerse oneself in Sin (they weren't technically wrong).

However, if it was that easy to become a demon, everyone would have become one long ago.

They all began chanting the same prayer, a prayer devoted towards Sin, in Latin, over and over again. This was a cursed prayer, one unlike any repeated in the sermons across any public church. A prayer towards demons never ends in harmony or happiness. Even though not all demons were inherently evil or malicious, they are still corrupted beings that revel in their Sin. All races have the good and bad, demons simply have more so of the latter.

One of the seventy people exploded in a mass of blood, bone, and hair that sprayed in all directions. None of the other members of the cult seemed to care or notice; they went about their cursed prayer.

Two, three, four, and then even ten members of the cult exploded in turn and at times simultaneously until there were only fourteen cultists going about their prayer without a thought in their minds.

These humans were ones of relatively low density of magical power, and thus utilized themselves as live sacrifices offering their life force to further the spell. A damned spell of summoning requires a damned way of bringing about the result. No doubt each of these cultists' souls would be going to hell, which would be their version of nirvana.

A small sliver of crackling energy began on the centerpiece of the circle of stones and spread around to the entire circle. Once a full circle was drawn, a webbed field of shimmering blue and white liquid spread from the base of the circle up into a half-sphere. The shimmering liquid stayed true to its shape, though every so often a ripple appeared.

A single man walked through, taking steps with absolute arrogance and solidarity. At once the various cultists noticed the man's jet black horns, tail, and wings. What they summoned was without a doubt a demon.

"You're-" One of the cultists tried to say something, but he was instantly decapitated, with his head rolling to the ground and his eyelids still blinking.

How the rest of the thirteen cultists would have reacted remained a mystery, as all their heads fell to the ground in a similar manner.

"Ah, the human world... When was I here last?" The demon ignored the heads that rolled around his feet and the blood from the exploded humans which he stepped in. He stroked his bearded chin until he came up with an answer. "That's right, I remember now... Though it was an insignificant event. Didn't I kill a bunch of sluts at some guy's request? I remember taking his soul after the fifth... Or did I kill a sixth? No matter, I have become the one to rip apart a human head from its body in this brand new war against angels. I am the 'Ripper' after all, tis only natural. Oi, everyone, let's make ourselves a stronghold, shall we?"

After the demon who called himself the Ripper walked past the bodies he made into corpses, many more demons followed him through the portal. Some weren't even demons, but members of the humanoid races that resided in the various circles. One was a Djinn wielding a unique scepter and another was a Anubite with four sickle shaped swords strapped to his back.

And so the war against angels unofficially began.

-

I had come up with many different formats for this chapter, but if I used certain ones then it would end up making the chapter even longer and more pointless. In ways I had great fun writing this chapter, but I'm also quite unsatisfied with its outcome. It just simply seems like a random sidestory. In any case, it was probably noticeable that I got bored and hustled through the chapter, though I had a bit of writer's block near the very end. In any case, thank you all for your patience and I hope you enjoy to any extent this chapter of the story.