All Comments on 'The Magic Lamp'

by TryAnything

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
resapooresapooover 12 years ago
whoa! how about a warning....

PLEASE post a warning if you are going to have incest in a story.

redzingerredzingerover 12 years ago
ditto

There may be a 'dark side' of sex but incest is a whole different matter. Perhaps this should've been posted in the Incest category instead, as from a brief scan, it seems to be the majority theme of the story?

TechRaiderTechRaiderover 12 years ago
i liked the story

i only have one problem. the damn thing ended to damn abruptly, you didnt finish the story!

vryce45vryce45over 12 years ago

To begin, thank you, TryAnything, for a well-written, engaging story. I'm not turned on by male-male situations, but they fit very nicely into the story and made sense given the situation, so I was able to enjoy the story. :) I'd love to read more about Sandra, what she uses the lamp for, where the family goes from here, what happens next, if you've got more of this story to share.

To the two who complained about the incest: you didn't have to read the story if you didn't like the content. And while there was a lot of incest, the magic lamp is what enabled all of the rest, and last I checked, magic lamps fit squarely in the "fantasy" part of "Sci-fi & fantasy". No harm in crossing genres, as every reader has the option to stop reading at any point (I'm pretty sure Literotica hasn't made out onto required reading lists yet...). So please, relax and switch stories if you don't like the content. Don't whinge about it not being the story you wanted - you're welcome to write that yourself. ;)

Hoping for another installment...

HeadguyHeadguyover 12 years ago
Very good...but incomplete!

There was a lot to like in this story, but it ended abruptly without delivering on at least two elements that were at least implied. First and most important, I can't believe there isn't going to be a payoff in character (and perhaps plot) development from Sandra's potentially diasastrous yielding to her angry bitterness and her wish for more than satisfaction and pleasure by using the lamp in a truly hostile manner on her husband. The look of sadness on the face of the woman who sold Sandra the Lamp pretty much guaratees that Sandra has some painful lessons to learn.

The other plot element just dropped is her son's growing awareness of what his mother is doing--and how. Whether this is truly a separate plot strand or connected with the first, either way it deserves to be more fully explored.

MaxRevoMaxRevoabout 11 years ago
Went too far

TryAnything:

This story started out quite well due to the imagination in the story and the descriptions of the sexual activity. Kudos for the imagination. However, beginning in Ch. 9 when Sandra explained things to Frank, the story took an unexplained and undeveloped turn. You never explained why Sandra was so angry at this time in the story when by any measurement, she had exacted a fair amount of revenge, was enjoying her control, and was fucking her children. You note that she was not satisfied with the revenge she had exacted and you had a one liner in Ch. 9 noting that Frank “had really hated sex with Sandra before all of this started.” This implies that Sandra was the reason for – or a major contributor to – his adultery. (It also indicates that if Frank had come across the lamp, he would have tried to change her sexual ways, not destroy her or their marriage.) Why did you not develop that so we could perhaps understand Sandra’s cruel treatment of her husband. The husband whose income permitted her to be bored.

I realize it's your story, but the punishment, revenge, retribution, etc. was completely disproportionate with respect to Frank. Sandra had what she wanted (at least what she thought she wanted) and ruined the relationship she constructed and enjoyed. My basic objection is that she was extremely hypocritical -- fucking her children and lying to them to do so is equal to the so-called harm the Frank did to the relationship. If he didn't love Frank anymore (and your story never mentioned love between Sandra and Frank or her desire to reinstate such love under her conditions), she should have had the courage of any convictions she may have developed (she comes across as shallow as Frank). Not sure readers need a “happy ending,” but unfair, unresolved and unending mental / emotional cruelty is not well-received by the Lit community. Moreover, and as a practical matter, you are not especially skilled in writing about such cruelty. From Chapter 9 one it appeared you were trying to convey a story you no longer believed in. Your other stories, from the 2010-11 timeframe seemed better balanced and not characterized by a cruel change in the character’s circumstances, just the change.

I notice that there are no comments on this story. Perhaps because it was too long and had the distasteful (from my perspective) non-ending; obviously I don’t know. I searched Literotica briefly and could not find any alternative endings, much less a final ending by yourself. In the comments to "Happy Family ..." one person wrote: "You write well and always keep it interesting without sliding off into something bizzare!!" I quite agree with that observation for Happy Family. Both Happy Family and The Magic Lamp were done about 2 months apart in 2011 (and were approximately the same length), yet you received several positive comments for the former and (apparently) no reaction about Magic Lamp.

How about an ending that is interesting and less bizarre.

MaxRevo

MaxRevo999@yahoo.com

TryAnythingTryAnythingover 10 years agoAuthor
Thank you, Max!

Hey, Max,

Loved your comments on The Magic Lamp. Couldn’t agree more. I had a lot of trouble exploring this kind of stuff in my head, as it’s very dark, at least to me. I’m not into the pain/coercion/domination thing, but for whatever reason I felt like trying to explore it somehow. I did get totally lost in the story, probably around Ch. 9, and deleted a few dozen pages – I was getting off on a bizarre tangent that distracted from what I was trying to explore – and tried re-writing an ending. But it didn’t work. This story has so much potential for elaboration. I’ve really created a Pandora’s box for myself. Not sure what will be, but again, many thanks.

TryAnything

I never mind constructive comments about any of my stories. Actually, the stupid comments are the best, as they make me laugh. As someone rightly pointed out, there are no rules here beyond your imagination. If you don't like what you're reading, MOVE ON! Nobody will mind. ~ TryAnything

kdeville87kdeville87about 6 years ago
great

great story more chapters please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great story

I have just finished this and i agree you did open a can of worms for yourself, that said i honestly think you ended the story the way most people would have done. The idea to make Brad & Frank suffer rather than tossing them to the curb or killing themselves was brilliant.

The first comment on here about a warning absolutely cracked me up, the story is in the Incest/Taboo category, what did he expect lol

kaidmankaidmanover 4 years ago
dynamite

an excellent story I enjoyed it and fully understand why it took the dark turn I mean lets face facts the dad was a real scumbag he got caught balls deep in his secretary and his reaction was to not even stop just give the wife a look like "oops I'm busted lets talk about this after I cum" then he goes along with everything without a care pretty much acting like he could have his cake and eat it too so her making him suffer was a bit more satisfying than leaving him as this happy participant I felt the addition of the aunt was ok but took over focus that would need to be addressed like the twins seeming in the beginning to have a nice loving relationship that devolved into them being two dimensional fuckdolls until we saw Jack realize what was going on with the lamp I wished we could have had more of the story to settle that conflict as well as dealing with the previous owner of the lamp I got the feeling that things messed up for her either way a good story should have went on a little longer

fisheronefisheroneover 4 years ago
Over the top

Raping husband in front of your grown children is sick. Sandra's hate is poisonous to all around her. She's going down a rabbit hole that implode whole family.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsover 3 years ago
This was interesting, until....

...it went totally off the rails around page 9 or 10. I actually began to feel sorry for Frank. It melted any rationale about the relationship between ANY of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, what a bitter twisted women. She has sex but not love not really because she always in control even when she say she isn't, and she knows it. She's forced her family into this sick twist warp reality. Dark, very dark. The kind of thing you regret in life because you burned everyone you know. Even especially her kids, because the lamp can't make people forget their actions.

The old women I'd probably the same kind of twisted. But eventually, the devil gets his due. Such is life.

daiblo598daiblo5987 months ago

i loved the story. I wish I could have done that to my ex-wife who was Frank in female form. I would love to see a squeal to this story.

Sex4lf57Sex4lf577 months ago

I normally don't like guy on guy stuff but I understand why the author went that way. However, it's one thing to shoot your cum on a woman's pussy and watch another guy lick it up. It's totally another thing for a straight guy to let himself be sucked off by another guy. I was surprised that Jack let that happen. The story was still hot, though. Five stars and a favorite point!

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

I enjoyed the story, but there were too many loose ends left undone. I feel that it focused too heavily on the revenge, when I would have been better to focus on the benefits after the revenge was taken.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTryAnything@TryAnything
9349 Followers
I've been writing since about 1995 and have never until I submitted a few stories to Literotica in 2002 had anyone read anything I've written. I have been absolutely astonished beyond words at the response to my stuff. I write from the sordid depths of my imagination, secret...