The New Neighbors Ch. 02

Story Info
Joanne explores the intrigue of her voyeur.
9.6k words
4.74
33.6k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story was co-written by Biplaymate420 and Belegon, with Biplaymate420 writing Joanne's character and Belegon writing Andrew. Karen is a joint venture. The first part of the story can be found here. Although this is the second chapter, we feel this story can be enjoyable on it's own. However, please do read the first part also, as Belegon (especially) is a confirmed feedback slut. The direction of the story was affected by decisions we both made and we often rewrote earlier action to fit with a new idea. We hope the result pleases all of you as much as it did us.

Ch. 2: A Dinner Invitation

Andrew

"I heard you met my girl."

I looked up as Bryan entered the weight room. I tried to judge by the look on his face whether or not Joanne had told him what I am sure she knew, or at least suspected. I was happy to see that there was no hint of suspicion or jealousy on his features and I relaxed as I allowed the curl bar to sink down to rest upon my thighs.

"Yeah, Bryan, I bumped into her while we were both doing laundry," I replied, "You were holding out on me, man."

"What is that supposed to mean?" asked my new neighbor.

"That means you told me that she was, quote, pretty okay looking, unquote. If Joanne is pretty okay looking than Bill Gates is pretty financially sound. Damn, Bryan, she's gorgeous. Her picture did not even come close to doing her justice. I nearly dropped my book. How did you meet a great gal like that?"

"Actually," said Bryan, "It was all pretty much by chance. She was on vacation and I asked her to dance at a club. One thing led to another and a couple of months later she called and said she was at the train station and could I come pick her up. We've been together ever since. She said it was the first time she ever made a decision so off the cuff like that, but I don't believe her. Joanne is pretty steady, but every once in awhile she pulls the surprise out, and it is usually a doozy. Spot me?"

I walked over to the bench and helped Bryan load up the bar. When he was ready I lifted it off for him and he started his reps.

"Anyway, you ain't hurting any," Bryan told me between reps, "I've seen that little blonde that stays with you ever so often...hey, what's so funny?"

I hadn't been able to help it; I had just started laughing. I leaned back against the wall of the complex's little gym and tried to catch my breath. After a little while I managed it.

"It's just funny the way peoples' minds work. You don't even know her and yet you make the assumption that our whole family makes about the way we treat each other." I smiled while he worked it out in his head.

"Wait, you said 'our whole family'. She's related?"

Bryan wasn't dumb, as shown by his choice in women. "Yeah, she's my cousin. My aunt and uncle died when she was 13 and for some reason Karen locked on to me as the new father figure. I was 19, so I guess I was old enough to look up to and young enough that we had something in common. We became very close. The rest of the family has always thought it was a little odd, and when she used to come back east and visit me in college, the talk started. We always blew it off. I'm curious though, what made you think it was like that?"

"Just that I've seen her up there and I've seen you together. I know she stays whole weekends, and you guys hold hands when you go out, so I figured..."

"Ok," I replied, "that makes sense. Yeah, she lives and works in L.A., so when she comes down she stays on my futon for the whole weekend. I had never thought about the hands thing, but I guess we do at that. Like I said, we became very close after her mom and dad passed. But no, we're cousins, not a couple. I don't have time for that kind of thing. Maybe after I make my first million, eh?"

"She coming down this weekend?" asked Bryan.

"Not that she's told me. Why?"

"Oh, after Joanne ran into you she got this idea about how we should get to know the neighbors and all. She wants you to come over for dinner Friday night. I said sure, I just thought maybe you could bring her and we would have more company."

The way Bryan said it surprised me. Now, part of my business is to pick up on how comfortable people are with things. Either Bryan was not comfortable with me coming over alone, or else he had another reason for wanting Karen along. That was interesting. Just as interesting was the dinner invitation. If my thought from before was correct, that meant Joanne thought she had me pegged. She's probably looking for proof. I wonder if I can arrange a surprise.

"You know, Bryan, I think I would like that. I eat alone way too much. I mean, I take out the occasional girl from work, but most of my clients aren't my age or type. And you know the hours I keep because we always bump into each other here and you always beat me home."

"You work way too hard man. You should come over and relax for once. Jo is a mean cook."

"Thanks Bryan, I accept. Should I bring red wine or white?"

Joanne

It was Wednesday again, and it seemed a good time to do laundry. I was kinda hoping that Andrew would be in the laundry room today. I loaded up my basket with all my gentle cycle items and headed down. As I reached the stairs I glanced up at my watcher's apartment to see if I could get any more clues. No such luck. The blinds were drawn and no sign of anyone home. Oh well.

I had just started loading all of my unmentionables into a machine when someone walked into the laundry room. I decided not to turn around unless whoever it was spoke to me. I was hoping it would be Andrew, so I made sure I held up and "untangled" one of my sexiest pieces of lingerie. I knew he was looking at it.

"Hhhemmm," Andrew cleared his throat in a fashion that almost sounded like he was choking. I laughed inside, loving every moment of this. "Hey Joanne," said Andrew. I turned around and acted surprised to see him, the black lace teddy in my hands. I tried to feign embarrassment.

"Hi Andrew," I said, tossing the rest of my items in the washer and closing the lid. "More mid-week laundry?"

"No, actually I saw you headed over here and I wanted to chat," he said.

Hmmm...yes, here it is now, the confession. Although I don't see how he could have seen me walking to do laundry with the blinds in his apartment closed.

"Yeah? What's up?" I tried to keep my feelings masked as I said this.

"Well, Bryan told me about dinner, and he hinted I should bring someone. But I'm not sure I have anyone to come with me."

Right. Like I am going to believe that a guy like this doesn't have some hot chick he can bring along.

"Oh? I would think a strapping young man such as yourself would have plenty of little nymphs fawning over him," I said with a sly grin and a wink. I reached over and playfully squeezed his bicep. God, he sure did have a great body! He flinched a little when I touched his arm, obviously surprised by my forward flirting.

"Well, I...that is I do go out, I mean with women, I just...y'know," he stammered.

There it was again, that total loss of words I had witnessed before. It has to be him. Why else would he be so nervous? I think I'll try an experiment on Friday. I'll lead him onto the balcony, and while we are all checking out the sunset drinking wine, I'll casually try to find out which apartment is his.

"Let me guess, you just don't have time, yeah, yeah, yeah," I said, "That's what all of you men say. Well, why don't you see what you can do to find someone? If not, just show up anyway. I'm sure Bryan won't mind sharing my attention for one night..."

Yes! I saw the hesitation as his thoughts wandered and he tried to figure out if I really said it the way he thought I did. A tiny choke escaped as he caught his breath after my off the cuff comment.

"Uh, yeah...does Bryan usually like to share?"

Aha! He took the comment and rolled with it. More like what I would expect. He smiled a slightly twisted little grin and handed the innuendo right back to me.

"Well, he doesn't usually have to share, but I'm sure he can deal," I replied. With that I put my basket atop the washer and winked at him as I walked out. "So we'll see you Friday...date or no date."

I walked back to the apartment slowly, taking my time so I could see where Andrew was headed. No dice. He went straight to his truck and drove off. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until Friday.

Andrew

Friday night came and I was surprised to find that I was nervous. I don't know why. Everything was about as well arranged as I could possibly make it. I guess it was just that I was going to be facing Joanne again.

The way she had acted on Wednesday must have thrown me off. It was one thing to be this secret observer and relax in the shadows but the idea of being forcibly pulled to center stage changed the script a little. I'm used to taking the initiative and calling the shots. This girl had challenged me on that.

I had not seen anything the last couple of days. I had been very busy at work all week and the weather had been hot. Even with the breeze, when I got home I was sitting inside in the air conditioning. I'm sure I would have felt differently if I had been assured of getting another show like the one I got the first night Joanne arrived, but since then I had only caught the occasional glimpse as she went to bed or came in after a shower. No more sex scenes.

How can I be so fascinated with someone that I barely know and that is taken? I swear, even when Colleen from the New York office called on Thursday, all I could think of was how much her voice sounded like Joanne's. Colleen is not someone you think of other women around. She more than demands your full attention. She and I had shared a very fun weekend in St. Louis not that long ago and I could remember every inch of her pale body and long red hair. Yet when I was on the phone with her all I thought of was Joanne.

I showered, put on shorts and a polo shirt and headed for the door, tucking in my shirt. Then I remembered something Karen had said about shirts and shorts. If you are wearing shorts without a belt, leave the shirt out. Avoid false casual.

The reminder of Karen made me check on my preparations one last time before I headed down to Bryan and Joanne's. Note on the counter, candle and her favorite smokes on the balcony and a bottle of zinfandel in the fridge. I had called Karen after accepting Bryan's invitation and suggested she come down and visit this weekend. She had known me so long and so well that she knew instantly that something was up, but I had resisted telling her the truth. I just told her we would talk about it when she got here. I had no doubt Karen would take advantage of my 'welcome home' arrangements. Things were as ready as I could make them.

Joanne

In my opinion an extra day off is heaven, especially if it's Friday. I beat the deadline for my column, so I decided I had no need to be there today. Besides, it was one of those perfect hot sunny days- white puffy clouds, dry air and a cool breeze. A great day to go shopping by the bay. I was going to find something "just right" for tonight.

While I was walking to the trolley station all I could think about was how I wanted Andrew to want me. I have to make sure he notices, but not upset Bryan by dressing up too much. Dilemma – and daydream! I almost missed the trolley just sitting here staring off into space like a schoolgirl. I wonder if he'll be bringing someone – I wonder if I'll like her - I wonder if he thought I meant what I had said when I told him to bring somebody – did I want him to bring someone? I wonder if it will turn out like the last time Brian and I were with a couple? - I wonder if I can get ahold of my self and stop thinking about tonight. Geeez Jo Relax!

I was about to give up on shopping when finally something caught my eye. It was definitely just right. Silver rings, almost like a chain, but more feminine than punk. I had to have it. Well there was half the battle. Now to find a dress. I looked everywhere - nothing. I would have to go home and search and try on a thousand things. Just like every other time I've wanted to look simply sexy. Spend hours on myself and make it look like I hadn't. That subtle balance was hard to achieve!

Well let's see... red- no, black- too sexy, what the hell is this? Guess there's a reason why this is in the back of the closet. Think. Think - It's already 4:30. Ok, I'll fix my hair and makeup, and then decide. As I was putting on my lipstick it came to me. I have the greatest little blue dress! Kind-of short and hugs my ass, no sleeves, and a great neckline. I felt like I had butterflies in my stomach.

I heard Bryan's keys in the door. I was ready. I think. He came in, I gave him a kiss, and he tossed the mail on the counter.

"Hey babe. I just saw Andrew pulling off in his truck- did he say he was going to pick someone up?"

"Oh," I said, wondering the same thing to myself, "He hasn't been up yet."

"Well good-lookin, whatcha got cookin?" He said in a very cheesy tone. "Smells great."

"Actually the crock-pot did all the cooking for me- I was out enjoying my day off" I was hoping he wouldn't ask about exactly what I had done. At least I didn't end up buying a new dress.

"You look positively edible", he said as he grabbed my ass. Then came the doorbell. My heart skipped a beat. God, I haven't had a crush in years. Well, here we go, I rushed to the bathroom to make sure everything was in place.

Andrew

I headed down to the truck and drove to Trader Joe's to get a couple of bottles of this Australian Shiraz I had seen written up in the food section of the Tribune as an "up and coming" wine. Never hurts to seem like I know what I'm doing. Plus it means that I am not walking straight from my apartment to hers. I mean - theirs! Damn, I've got it bad. I was fine until she played her little games with me on Wednesday.

I got back to the complex, stopped to get the mail and parked the truck. I sat there for a minute and gave myself a pep talk, telling myself to treat it like a client meeting and stay confident, calm and controlled. I get nerves meeting some of the high roller types all the time, but I had never let it show. Joanne had caught me off balance twice! There won't be a third time. It's not like she meant the things I thought she was hinting at on Wednesday. I mean, wake up, this is real life - not Penthouse Forum.

Reassured and back in control, I left the truck and walked up the steps to their apartment and rang the bell. Bryan answered almost immediately.

"Hey man, c'mon in and take a load off. Whadya bring?" He asked, pointing to the wine. "Oh yeah, this will work. Good choice man, this is good stuff."

Well, so much for appearing worldly. Bryan obviously was ahead of me on the wine. Might as well admit to it.

"I read a review that said it was a good choice if you didn't know the menu," I said, "Since it is not my field of expertise, I trusted the reviewer."

"Not my expertise, either. Jo is the wine expert. This is good though; it is one of her new favorites. That'll score some points for you."

"What will?" asked Joanne from the hallway. As I looked up at her I felt the control I had worked up waver a little bit, but I clamped down on it hard and brought it back, hopefully without anyone noticing. Joanne was wearing a simple blue dress. It hugged her perfect ass, but not too sexy. No doubt carefully planned. But the silver choker she had on...wow! For some reason it was the perfect accent. It made me think of things that surprised me, even though I knew I already wanted her. I felt a stirring; a hunger awakening that had not been fed in a long time.

"The wine, honey. Andrew brought a couple of bottles of that Australian one you like so much."

"I can't claim too much credit for it though. All I did was trust the Tribunes new wine writer," I said, and then I had to stop because both of them were cracking up. "Ok, so let me in on the joke. What is so funny?"

"I told you it was gonna score some points, but you had to go for the two-point conversion, didn't ya?" said Bryan, "Did you happen to notice the byline on that review?" As he said this I was treated to the first time I ever saw Joanne blush.

"You're the writer?" I asked Joanne, "Well, I have to admit, I had not noticed that. But at least I know I made a good choice."

"Yes, you did. And saying you trusted my opinion didn't hurt either," Joanne replied.

Joanne

I heard Bryan saying Andrew would score points with me... I wondered what he was talking about. "What will?"

Bryan told me that he was referring to the wine. Andrew unknowingly talked about the "reviewer" in the Union Tribune. Bryan and I had a good laugh. How ironic. He didn't even catch my name. When Bryan mentioned the writer was I, I could feel my face flush. I told Andrew I was flattered that he trusted my opinion.

"It smells great in here Jo. Can I call you Jo? I guess I was just trying to get comfortable..." Andrew said, with some apprehension. I knew he wasn't really sure how to act towards me around Bryan.

"Yes, Andrew, you can call me Jo."

Bryan was opening the patio doors and his back was to us. I winked at Andrew and sauntered over to the kitchen.

"Why don't you guys set the table and I'll pour our first glasses of wine. We can go out on the balcony and get to know each other better. The sun is behind the hill now, so we can enjoy the cool air. Even though we can't see the sunset, the clouds should be beautiful tonight"

"Sounds great Hun," Bryan said, patting my ass as he walked past me into the kitchen. Boy, this dress is definitely working. I was hoping Andrew liked it.

Andrew

I thought I was through noticing the dress until Bryan patted her tail. Damn, how I wanted to do that! I could feel it in my imagination, firm but still a little soft and so very inviting...damn! How is this happening? That is twice in the last few minutes that I felt myself starting to get hard and yet nothing has happened that is even remotely out of the ordinary. I have not felt this way about a woman in ten years, and that was a near disaster. Concentrate on the moment Andrew, and forget the high school style fantasies.

But what about the wink? Surely I did not just imagine that? No, I am used to having to pay attention to subtle clues and that was not even that subtle. She winked at me, and in a way that meant she definitely was up to something. Something her fiancée is either unaware of or at least hesitant about. I walked towards the kitchen.

"Hey, I know I'm the guest and all, but do you need my help with anything?" I timed my best smile to coincide with the line about help. The one I use when I want a client to feel like we are hiding something together and trusting him not to screw it up. I save it for special occasions. This seemed to fit the bill.

She seemed to brighten a little with the smile. Not a blush, but a little more blood in her cheeks. Like she was happy I had confirmed something she had suspected. Suddenly I had the feeling that I was in over my head. I am used to being the one in control, and I have a feeling someone else here has more control than I do. It scared me a little, but it excited me more.

We walked out to the balcony and sat down with the wine. The first sip made me do a double take. I admit to not being a wine connoisseur, since I am mostly about harder things. Still, it surprised me. This wasn't just good, it was wonderful! As I looked back up, I noticed that Jo was watching me closely. I tipped the wine glass in her direction.

"I think I am going to have to read that column very attentively from now on. My god, Joanne, this is incredible! I am completely out of my element, thanks to you."