All Comments on 'The New Road'

by Winterfrog

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
saw_man1saw_man1over 18 years ago
Good Story

In spite of the rather formidable obstacle writing in a foreign language presents, you have written a very engaging story.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very Good

Another good story by you. I always know I will have an enjoyable read with you.

Boyd

Nightowl22Nightowl22over 18 years ago
Another good one

You write good, interesting stories and I always enjoy them

but, you do need an English speaking editor to make the reading flow more easily.

And please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
a good story

this was a good story about a clever and weak man.who wife was a lying whore.her lover got away clean and you are still blabbing.the wife shit all over the hubby in public.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
how could he trust her again?

she did everything but fuck. she lied to him, arrange a tryst behind his back - TWICE!

this story should go over the distrust, marraige counseling, his watching her. distrust.

but no, everything is lovely and they live happily ever after. this is a weakness.

the rest was pretty good.

thebulletthebulletover 18 years ago
Excellent as usual

Winterfrog writes about the best cheating wives stories. What makes them so good are his sly little asides about life. Here is one in this story:

"She could be conned by those profit-sharks who are dragged to public money as flies are to cow-shit."

There was another comment in there that made me laugh out loud. I always look forward to Winterfrog's next story. This rates up there among his best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Somewhat Long and boring

This story has been told several hundred times before usually in 1 page or less.

Boring and NOT VERY EROTIC

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Very nice!

I always enjoy your stories and this is one of your best.

It was a different story line and I find the different culture quite interesting.

Good job!

Risq_001Risq_001over 18 years ago
I wasn't sure what to write till I saw .........

......the other comments.

I'm always a fan of yours, mainly cause its intresting to see how the other side of the world thinks. But this story was different, because as you said in the story, this husband didn't wait till the wife cheated to decide if he wanted to forgive her, but worked to break it up first then decide based on her intent. Specially since it took him twice to break it up. I agree that divorce is a bad choice and am normally against it. But I also recognize that adultry is the only offense that should bring it about too.

Thinking of the kids is what let him try to stop the attempted affairs, but he sure worked pretty hard at breaking them up too.

While it wasn't heavy on sex, it was a good "Story" and that what I think a lot of writers miss. A good story with developed characters is always better than a short 5 paragraph "Stroke Story" that some folks are after. Go figure.

But either way, nice engaging story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Enjoyed this story, I did

The sometimes awkward use of English in this story actually added to my pleasure. Perhaps a little smoothing here and there is in order but not too much, please.

The statement that Errol wasn't "..made with a finger." is new to me. A literal translation of idiom, I guess. One I'll try to remember and use. Let's hope it means what I think it does.

allforallallforallover 18 years ago
A Tasty Twist

I like that you were able to stop an affair before it was too late. Yes politics is politics whatever the nationality.

He was strong when he crushed Ronnie's balls. He was stronger when he fought for his wife.

Thanks for a good story

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Ounce Of Prevention Worth A Pound of Cure

or some such adage.

I thought the husband's sabotaging the seduction or the tryst was great, better than the average revenge story.

Granted the English is not the best, but it is not the writer's first language---have to make allowances.

I'd like to see more stories in this vein.

playingcardcompany

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
She might have been a little floozy...

But she was HIS little floozy! And this guy was certainly not made by the finger! Parenthetically, I know that this expression is commonly used in the Middle East as well. He will use pre-emptive strikes and do all that it takes.

Not too much thought though on the value of guarding your wife like secret nuclear base though. Yes, the skeletal plot was formulaic- but all the trimmings were delicious: local politics; the yellow papers of London; The EU; even the UN!

This guy was like a Rottweiler - once he locked his jaws on his target he is as good s dead! I would like people like him to guard our national security!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Good as always....

i think that the language change makes me concentrate on the details of the story... really enjoyed the picture in my mind when he was peeing in the bag with ronnies torn up ticket and passport...i cant even write in english so it is hard to imagine how you tell such good stories in a fourign language...thank you for sharing your talant...

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I like it

Winterfrog:

I've had the pleasure of reading several of your other stories and as always you seem to find a unique answer to solve a sticky problem. Thank You. Ronnie W.

DeadWouldDeadWouldover 18 years ago
I like these stories by WF

His heroes do not always triumph, but by crikey they are never snivelling wimps who slink away from their women.

As for "made with a finger", I remember reading somewhere, "I wasn't made with a finger. My father used the real thing to get my mother pregnant."

For some reason that line came back to me bright as day when I read this story - I can't remember the original book, it must have been over 40 years ago.

Seems to me it could be the meaning this author was using?

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 18 years ago
She might have been a little floozy...

But she was HIS little floozy! And this guy was certainly not made by the finger! Parenthetically, I know that this expression is commonly used in the Middle East as well. He will use pre-emptive strikes and do all that it takes.

Not too much thought though on the value of guarding your wife like secret nuclear base though. Yes, the skeletal plot was formulaic- but all the trimmings were delicious: local politics; the yellow papers of London; The EU; even the UN!

This guy was like a Rottweiler - once he locked his jaws on his target he is as good s dead! I would like people like him to guard our national security!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I AM A FAN OF YOUR STORIES...

but this plot (which the only part I had a problem with) seemed a bit weak.

First, you have a wife who places herself in cheating situation not once but twice. After escaping the Christmas party mess she then agrees to go on a sham out of town trip. Her husband response that "So you need to be three people to bring them an envelope. Never heard about DHL or a post office?" pointed out how much of a lie they were living. Then the Husband follows her and play tricks on her until the final confrontation. Her explanation makes no sense - she did not have to go back to his room if she was leaving as she said (just have them send her bag down as she called for a cab back to the airport).

Mi was a cheating,lying slut who suddenly became a "loving wife" in the Epilogue. She wanted to cheat on her husband and if Sarah knew what was going on Mi did also. While it is honorable for the Husband to do what was needed for the kids what happens after they leave the nest in 18+ years?

I scored you high because the writing on all other parts was superb and your characters were realistic. Please keep up good work!

SleeplessinMD

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
I'm a fan, but you are weak with women

if you got to follow your wife around the world to keep up with her something wrong.the problem is a wife that a slut and you refuse to see it.she have no respect for you and was or have betrayed you.what married mom would let a another man put his hands under her dress in public.one of you is missing something in the brain.you are so clever in plotting,but you fault the wrong one.the wife is running you around with her whorist actions.she lied and deceived you, how can you trust her.how many chances are allow.you look like a wimp puppy running behind her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
I've liked others better

I've liked other of your stories better as I did not get much feeling of interaction between the couple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
thumbs up.

thank you for an enjoyable story....you have a great story telling ability. keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Tp: I'm a fan, but you are weak with women

Are you some kind of a retarded dumb ass. He explained in the story why he was acting as he did. Perhaps you identify more with the slime balls that you are mad because they got their due...well not really their due. I would have killed and quick limed the bastards bodies and good riddance. Good story Frog...as always keep on having balls. A lot of writers on lit need them, perhaps yours are large enough to share.

RonRWoodRonRWoodalmost 15 years ago
Huh?

She doesn't want him to go to the meeting after she dresses up for Ronnie... She dances with Ronnie and doesn't dance with her husband... She goes into the John with Ronnie knowing her husband is at the meeting... She dances again with Ronnie after the first altercation in the john with her husband. She knows that her husband is on to her and she continues trying all evening to be with Ronnie. And they stay married because the husband intervened each time she sought to be with Ronnie? My god man! She was cheating the whole time and even admitted she may have fucked Ronnie if the husband had not intervened! I mean, you were the one that wrote all this. Weren't you? You described a cheating slut whose husband had to do everything possible to prevent her from sexually cheating! How is he ever going to trust her? Is he going to follow her and check up on her from now on? I don't know about this one... You guys must be really tolerant about your women doing what they want as a rule. I didn't read anywhere that he gave her permission to dress up for a party with another man! I did read that she did not want him at the meeting! HMMMMMMMM!

RonRWoodRonRWoodover 14 years ago
Okay

I agree with some of the others. I like your stories but you sure went out of the way with this round-heeled potential slut! The way you wrote it...you knew she was going to cheat unless you interfered each time. She was smart enough to be a politician but dumb enough to not know what she was doing the second time? Even after admitting she would probably have cheated the first time? The way you write about your wives suggests that Scandanavian women are very easy and have to be continuously watched... Is that correct? Or, are they mostly sluts before and after marriage. We are often told here in the States that women over there don't have morals concerning sex like Americans do? Just wondering...not condemning! It would explain a lot if that was the case. You often mention in your stories that you don't own your spouse and they can do as they want. However, you then write like an American and thereaten divorce if they do. Very confusing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
teenagers

your story is more in line with teenagers then married couple with kids unless there retarded.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
God,what a crap!!!

One of the worst,compounded by "svinglish" language. The author should use English translator!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Tremendous

One of your best stories.

Please ignore all those churlish critics of your English, and keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Enjoyed it.

There was no explanation as to why Mi didn't insist on having one of the single rooms instead of Errol or Ralph.

TJMaxTJMaxabout 13 years ago
That 'damned pussy hound'!!!

What a great story! I look forward to your writing, and please don't give a single thought to those detractors who criticise your english language skills. I find your unique phrasing to be quite enjoyable and amusing. Thank you for writing and please continue.

Best Regards,

TJ

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
Why do I, every time I attempt to read one of frogs stories--

Have the terrible feeling that I just left visiting asylum for insane ???

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
SUGGESTION FOR ROSCOVICH,

DON'T READ THEM! I and many others think they're Great!

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
EVERY ROAD IS ALWAYS PAVED

some with good intentions, others?????TK U MLJ LV NV

MrVdogMrVdogover 11 years ago
Winterfrog, your stories are Wonderful!

I always enjoy your tales of woe and retribution... in this one, I don't know why it would be a surprise that a girl who drops into bed with a drunk she just met might just be tempted to cheat on that drunk later... I gave this one 5 stars, because "I loved it"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
nope

good story id still dump the bitch she lied how do i know .. she is female nuff said

TavadelphinTavadelphinalmost 11 years ago
Good story - good ending

She was stupid but not malicious nor intentionally looking the cheat him - just knowingly vulnerable - not a lot of difference but enough i think -

She knew she might get carried away at the Christmas Party and intended to let it be a possibility - not a good thing at all - this tipsy little party fling idea WF keeps bringing up is still cheating and is no better than a planned affair in his bed -

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
learn english!

quit using a translation program and either learn english or get someone who does to do your translations.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
THAT IN A NUTSHELL

is the final answer and attitude. TK U MLJ LV NV

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
Good story...but...

Good story...but he should have burnt to the ground the marriages of those three bastards...He already had put a door down, so he should have waited some minutes and see if his wife stayed in the room...But I understand his point...

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
I Don't Think So!

I don't always believe in preventing a wife from cheating. If she is going to cheat, she is going to cheat. Especially after the fiasco at the dance party. Is he going to follow her around all the time or keep a watch on her. She will cheat in the future only she will be more careful. Let her cheat, get evidence and then get rid of her. How good of a mother could she have been if she was a cheater willing to give her family up for a lover. I am sure there are other loyal, loving, faithful women out there who are even better mothers.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
she cheated

Even though Mi and her boyfriend Ronnie apparently never got to go through with their planned extra-marital get together, she cheated because the intent was very obvious. Also, Mi lied like a rug about everything she did. The husband is nuts not to show her the door. Cheaters deserve every bad thing that happens to them.

Pappy7Pappy7about 6 years ago
Nice read and of course

everyone has different boundaries and ideas about what is forgivable and what isn't. I think that most can agree on some of the boundaries. For instance, her lies and her disrespect towards her husband at the Christmas party and her complicity in the degradation of relationship with her husband as a result of her 'almost" affair. Now to me she cheated and we wouldn't have made it very long after the Christmas party if her attitude had been like the wife in this story. Not sorry at all for what she did, matter of fact in her attitude about the fact that she "might" have gone too far with old Slick after the party. She is not a keeper and as a mother would teach her children that this type of behavior was acceptable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Should

Should have dumped her.No matter that she was a good mother she was a slut who he had to step in twice to stop her having sex.How long before some one else catches her eye?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Super cuck

Sees his wife getting fingered on a toilet

Sees his wife getting her ass fingered on the dance floor

Sees his wife leave to go on a sex holiday with three men

Decides to keep the slut

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Good writing; inspiring, with good values!

It's a pleasure to see values with backbone/spine inspired by the nordic lutheran mindset that is so prevalent in Skandinavia. Wether we choose that path is everyone's own, but that is more than not the 'empty' page we write our life on...

Your use of English (yes, it could be brought to scratch by editing), however l prefer your rendition as it illustrates the nordic mindset well. It simply is charming!

Your protagonists show solid strength and wherever a family can be saved they fight for the sake of their children. lt is a fine line between a cuckold wimp and a righteous man who's wife has stupidly strayed and failed her duty. l feel the BTB sentiment intensely!, but only a wimp and a coward walks away without 'counting the cost' and fighting for what is both his and the children's...! Pride and false pride can be vengeful...

(snakes have silver tongues... just listen to some sales people! Give them any time and black becomes white, night is day, hot is cold and truth is a matter of opinion... Truth is everyone has their 'kriptonite.' ;) Kids deserve better. Kids deserve parents...with integrity, intelligence, fortitude and heart!

Again, well written !!! wsa

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wrong

Wrong decision,she intended fucking Ronnie she should have been dumped good mother or not.How long before she is tempted again.?

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Anonymous 12/28 said it all

Just reiteration on my part so skip

1 star

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
No.

Sorry, but if she was being coerced and manipulated, she should never have gone up to the room when they checked in. She should have called a cab, gone to the airport, flown home, and filed a complaint. The silly idea that she wanted to see the EU and other sites, so she capitulated hoping to change the situation is not credible. No adult could be that trivial and naive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
He's a cuck

And she's a cheating, lying, manipulative slut.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

This is a good story, the only weakness the wife being a bit too eager for an affair.

Really good and original plot, rarety on LW where 99% of the stories are chewed up stereotypes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No real consequences for any of them plus he took the stupid whore back. And yes, she is a whore who is easily seduced and has no problems lying to her family, her husband and herself.

jflindersjflindersalmost 2 years ago

There is a fairly large number of disguised cuck stories in this section. This is one of them.

Elements:

-wife engages in activity that fails the spouse test

-wife clearly lies and enjoys the improper running off with another man

-multiple occasions

-too ludicrous for the husband to actually believe she's innocent on any of the occasions

-no consequences for the wife

-the other man ends up doing just fine-in this case with a new job

-the husband acts as if he's tough, taking a hard line and saving the day from the intercourse happening but forgives deliberately humiliating behavior, lives with the pain of his wife's betrayal and gets nothing from the wife to make him believe she is trustworthy, then when it happens again, forgives again

This is pretty clearly a closet cuck story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One hole to the wife’s story. Her husband was able to get a room with little notice. There were vacancies. 5* though

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

What is "innocent necking" when it involves a married woman and a man not her husband?

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Couldn’t get beyond the first few pages. The “author “ obviously does not know how to speak or write in English. Horrible

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

It was a very valiant attempt, not a bad plot or outcome or telling, could well read really well in Swedish/Norwegian/Danish or Finnish [take your pick] Really needed a fluent English speaker [USA/UK/Australia/New Zealand even bloody South Africa or any other english speaking ex colony oops forgot Canada!] to edit it before publication why not try that next time? Still thanks for your point of view.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous