My Sister-in-Law Cheated

Story Info
And I got screwed.
12.1k words
4.57
150.2k
279
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Note: Thank you blackrandl1958 for editing this story. For better or worse, I made substantial changes and practically re-wrote the story after it was edited. All mistakes are mine. TSG

My Sister-in-Law Cheated

And I got fucked.

"Hi, Mike. It's Chris Harrington, Jenny Palmer's brother-in-law. Is Colleen available?"

I didn't hear the "click", as Mike disconnected the call, because of my wife Mary's yelling and non-stop pounding on my locked home-office door.

I waited two minutes and redialed Mike and Colleen's home phone. "Listen, motherfucker. If you call this number again, I'll report you to the fucking cops. Do you understand?"

"I do, Mike. I understand completely. But you need to understand two things. I don't care if you call the cops, and even more importantly, I'm going to talk with your wife and there's not much you can do to stop me. Have a good night, asshole!" This time I had the satisfaction of hanging up on him.

Despite the continued banging on the door, I leaned back in my office chair, closed my eyes and tried to make the last important decision of a long roller-coaster day. "Should I call my sister-in-law's husband?" I asked myself.

++++++++

I met my wife Mary in high school. I was a junior and was sitting in the bleachers with my buddies waiting for the start of a Friday night football game. A similarly sized group of girls from the sophomore class sat in front of us. As the game progressed, we took turns going to the concession stand. When it was my turn to go, I found that a cute blonde named Mary came with me.

We carried hot dogs, French fries and soda's back, and Mary and I ended up sitting together. She was pretty, smart, had a good sense of humor and best of all, she didn't have a boyfriend.

During the middle of the third quarter someone shouted out, "Are we going to McDonald's after the game?"

There was near unanimous agreement that the girls and guys in our group would continue to have fun at the nearby McDonald's franchise.

Deciding to take a chance I turned to Mary and asked, "I'd rather have a pizza than greasy fries. Would you like to go to Tony's Pizza?" I was thrilled when she agreed.

Mary and I dated once a weekend for a couple of weeks and seemed to enjoy each other's company. We committed to go steady after two months of dating, and things only got better.

Mary was my date to the junior prom and I was walking on clouds as I escorted the most beautiful girl in our school to the dance. I was in heaven, until I wasn't.

Two weeks later, on the Monday leading up to the senior prom, I was jogging to the tennis courts for team practice. I was jogging with my neighbor Julie Burke. Julie was on the girl's team.

I was a bit confused when Julie said, "I think you're a really nice guy!"

"Julie, we've known each other our entire lives," I responded. "Why are you telling me now?"

She punched my shoulder as we ran and told me, "It's great that you're letting Mary go to the senior prom with Jimmy Bay. Otherwise, he's so shy and nerdy he'd never got the chance to go."

Jimmy Bay was a nice guy, but definitely was shy, nerdy and I suspect, on the spectrum. He was a neighbor of Mary's, and she always watched out for him. I wasn't surprised that Mary agreed to go to the prom, but was upset that she didn't have the decency to tell me.

By Friday afternoon, six other people had complimented me on my maturity. They thought it was great that my steady girlfriend could be escorted to the prom by her friend and neighbor.

Truthfully, I didn't feel mature. I was pissed that Mary didn't have the balls to tell me about the senior prom. I knew she'd come clean on our normal Friday night date. She didn't have a choice. At the last minute on Friday afternoon, I texted her and canceled.

I was barraged with texts and voicemails imploring me to call her. After a dozen "dings" on my phone, I finally sent Mary a text, [I've known about your prom date since Monday. At least ten people told me. It's too bad you weren't one of them. I want a girlfriend I can trust. That's not you.] I turned off my phone and sulked.

Mary and I didn't get back together until the start of the next school year. It was a Friday afternoon and I was heading to my car in the student parking lot. Mary was sitting on the hood of my car as I approached. "Will you let an old girlfriend buy you an ice cream at Dairy Queen?" she wanted to know.

That was the start. We were exclusive for the next two years. During the second year, we had a long-distance relationship, as I went to college in New York City. I was able to come home often and was thrilled to exchange virginities on a March Saturday night, shortly after her eighteenth birthday.

Mary and I dated until she left for college the following year. Two weeks into her freshman year, I received a "Dear John" email. It seemed that she was having too much fun in college and didn't want to be strapped to a full-time boyfriend. I never called or wrote. I was popular, got very good grades and was a Division-3 tennis player. I replaced Mary with a steady stream of girls starting the next night.

I didn't see Mary again until two years after she graduated from college. I was working as a staff engineer for a local defense contractor and was out with some work associates after a long week. I literally bumped into her at the bar.

We talked for a few minutes before we each returned to our friends. I'll admit that I kept an eye on her for the next hour and couldn't decide if I should follow her to the parking lot, when her group started to break up.

I chuckled when Mary's friends left. She walked to the bar, sat on a stool and ordered a drink. When she was served, she swiveled her chair until it faced me and stared at our table. I watched her with a dumb smirk as a stream of guys approached her, only to be quickly rebuffed. It wasn't until she looked me directly in the eye and held up two fingers, that I excused myself from my friends.

I needed to wait for Mary to tell another guy to get lost, before I was standing next to her.

"Two?" I asked.

Mary smiled and said, "Yep! If you had let two more guys ask me out, I was going to accept his invitation."

Mary and I dated for almost six months before we became exclusive and moved in together. We were married ten months later and lived a happy and totally fulfilled life for almost five years.

+++++++

My day started early. I had a 7:30 AM meeting with a long-time customer and friend. We were meeting at the downtown Marriott in New Haven, CT, home of a spectacularly overrated University that starts with "Y".

Tony was already sitting in the conference room I'd reserved. We chatted for a few minutes, while I set up my laptop, laid out all the needed paperwork and filled a mug of steaming hot black coffee.

Tony is a civilian contractor assigned by his company to work on the United States Navy's next-generation submarine propulsion system. I'm a senior mechanical engineer. My company is a defense contractor that specializes in marine mechanics.

We had successfully worked together on three small, but important contracts over the last few years. For some reason, we were each getting push-back from our immediate superiors on our current negotiations. We were told that we had one more chance to solve the seven critical issues remaining, before others in our respective companies would take over the negotiations.

Tony and I worked straight through lunch and finally took a deep breath at 2:15 pm. "Do you think your company will accept it, this time?"

I shrugged and told him, "Honestly, I can't understand why our last two proposals weren't accepted."

Tony wondered, "You and I have gotten close over the last few years. Do you think it might be a test, to see if we're too close?"

I chuckled and admitted, "I've thought the same thing," and then tiredly stretched and shrugged again.

"How about a drink?" Tony asked.

I held up my notebook and said, "I've got over thirty pages of notes that I've got to figure out. A drink won't make it any easier. I'm going to hang out and transcribe the important resolutions into my laptop. I'll email you a memo of understanding by 9:00 AM tomorrow morning. Let's get on the phone immediately if there are any misunderstandings. I need to submit my report by noon tomorrow."

"That sounds good," Tony said, as he started to pack up his computer. I walked Tony through the hotel lobby and after he left, I stopped into the gift shop and bought a Diet Coke, before returning to the conference room.

As soon as I entered the room, I felt like the walls were closing in on me. Deciding to change the locale, I packed my bag and relocated to a quiet corner of the hotel lobby. I checked in with the office and found out that some small problems had developed over the course of the morning. After, I texted my wife and suggested that she have dinner without me.

I settled into the comfortable lobby chair and got to work. The change in location helped, and I was able to plow through a great deal of work over the next couple of hours. I was so focused that I'm still surprised that her laugh caught my attention.

I looked up and recognized Jenny, my sister-in-law, walking across the hotel lobby, wearing a traditional little black dress and sexy heels. She was headed straight to the check-in area. If that wasn't strange enough, her arm was wrapped through the arm of a tall, good looking man. The man wasn't Jenny's husband, Scott.

Without thinking, I turned on the camera app of my phone and took several pictures of the couple as they checked in. One picture made me steam, as the man's hand dropped and gave her ass a nice squeeze.

I took another set of pictures as they walked to the elevator and a final set as they entered the elevator and kissed.

As the elevator door closed, I quickly walked over and watched as the indicator light showed that they got off on the eighth floor. I was angry and confused. I loved Jenny, and I counted her husband as my best friend.

I'll admit, I was in a daze as I sat back in my seat. Between the day-long intense negotiations and the shock of seeing Jenny with another man, my brain was fried. I didn't notice the man sit in the chair next to me, until he reached out his open hand. He said, "Hi. I'm James and I'm the general manager of the Marriott."

As we shook hands I answered, "Hi James. I'm Chris Harrington. I rented conference room L122 today."

James nodded in understanding and then asked, "I saw you taking pictures of the couple who just checked in. Do you know them?"

After a moment, I answered. "I know the woman."

"Can I guess that you were surprised to see her with her gentleman friend?"

"I was very surprised," I told James.

"Mr. Harrington, may I be blunt?" After I nodded, he continued, "I'm worried that there's going to be trouble if you stay here."

"I've never gotten into the kind of trouble you're talking about. I've never come close. There is likely to be a confrontation, but I'll walk away before we disturb your guests."

James looked around the lobby. It was fairly quiet and no one seemed to be paying any attention to us. He handed me a folded sheet of paper. I unfolded it and found a man's name and address printed on the paper.

James asked, "Do you think there can be even less of a confrontation now that you have that information."

I reached out my hand and as we shook, I said, "I can almost guarantee it."

I went back to work and was able to complete a surprising amount, given that I looked up at the elevator bank every few seconds.

When Jenny and her guy exited the elevator, it was nearly three hours later. My bag was packed and I was on my feet and walking toward them before they took two steps into the lobby. I was holding my cell phone to my face and snapping pictures as I approached the pair.

Jenny was confused at first, but when I lowered the camera, her jaw dropped open and she visibly turned pale.

"I'd give you a kiss like I normally do, but I don't want to taste your boyfriend's cock on your lips."

"Chris! What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm here for meetings. Why are you here?"

I could see Jenny willing herself to calm down. She took a moment and said, "Chris, I'd like you to meet Mike Charmut. We work together. We're here to check out some meeting rooms for an upcoming event that our agency is hosting."

I looked at Mike as he stretched out his hand toward me. "It's nice to meet you Chris!"

I ignored his hand and asked, "Mike...is it? Can I ask you a question?"

Mike and Jenny exchanged strained looks, before I asked, "Do you think Jenny is more attractive dressed in these sexy, ass-hugging jeans, skin tight blouse and boots." I waved my hand, indicating how Jenny was currently dressed, "Or the hot black dress she had on when you went to the eighth floor to inspect meeting rooms, three hours ago?"

Before they could regain their thoughts, I looked down at Mike's left hand. "Nice wedding band, Mike. I can see that you're as much of a lying cheating pile of shit as my precious sister-in-law."

At that point, poor Mike lost his cool. In a hiss, he said, "Listen, asshole. You don't have a clue what's going on. Just mind your own fucking business and I won't kick your ass."

"I'm sorry to tell you, Mike, but my slut sister-in-law cheating with a worthless asshole like you, is my business." I slowly put both arms behind my back and continued, "As far as kicking my ass, I'll give you a free first shot. You better make it good, because after you take your shot, I'm going to pound the shit out of you, put you in the hospital and then call the cops and file charges against you." I shut up and smiled.

Mike jerked his head toward Jenny and angrily said, "Can you handle this asshole? I need to go." Without waiting for an answer, he turned toward the hotel's front door and went storming off.

I couldn't help it. As Mike walked toward the hotel's front door, I said, "If I were you, I'd give your wife a heads-up, I'll be calling."

Mike stopped and slowly turned. Directing his gaze at Jenny, he reiterated, "Please take care of this, Jenny!"

After watching Mike exit the hotel, Jenny turned, put her hand on my arm and said, "Chris, can we go into the bar and have a drink?"

I was tempted, but quickly decided against it. "I'm sorry, Jenny; I've wasted a number of hours waiting for you to finish your fuck party." Jenny cringed as I continued. "I need to get home, have a drink and decide how to handle telling Scott and Mike's wife."

Jenny squeezed my arm and pleaded, "I only do this when Scott's away. It doesn't mean anything. I'm not hurting Scott."

"How long have you known me, Jenny?"

She didn't answer, but she was looking deep into my eyes.

"I'd guess it's at least a dozen years, since I first dated Mary in high school. Does that sound about right?"

After letting the silence build, I angrily told Jenny, "And in all that time, what would lead you to think I won't tell my best friend his wife is a lying cheating slut."

As I turned toward the exit, I caught the gaze of James, the hotel's manager. He gave me a thankful nod as I pushed my way through the front revolving door.

The rush hour traffic was gone as I started the half hour drive north on I-91, toward home. I was able to set the cruise control to 78 MPH and turn up the volume on the country music station. The only annoyance during the drive was the constant dings and rings on my cell phone. It seems like my wife was urgently trying to reach me.

I pulled into our garage and closed the door behind me. After exiting the car, I heard my wife, Mary. She was standing in the open doorway that leads from our garage to the condo's kitchen. "Where the hell have you been?" she wanted to know.

I slid by her and walked into the kitchen. After dumping my work gear on the counter top, I noticed Mary's cell phone sitting on the kitchen table, next to a half full glass of wine. I picked up her phone, used the keypad to type in her password and opened her text messages.

I could see the text message I sent many hours ago had been read, so I said, "You know where I've been. You read the message."

"That's not what I meant and you know it!"

As I headed to the den, to pour a couple of fingers of bourbon, I said over my shoulder, "Then tell me what you mean."

When I came back to the kitchen, Mary was sitting at the table. She asked, "What did you do to upset Jenny?"

"As far as I know, I haven't done anything to upset Jenny. Jenny, on the other hand, has upset me greatly."

I watched Mary gather her thoughts, as I sat across from her. "Did you know Jenny is cheating on Scott?"

My direct question caught her off guard. "She said it was only once."

"Well that's a lie," I told Mary. "Jenny told me she only cheats when Scott is on the road."

After a short pause, I continued, "I noticed you didn't answer my question. Did you know that your sister cheats on Scott?"

Mary sighed, took a healthy sip of wine and said, "Chris. This is between Scott and Jenny."

I smiled and told Mary, "That's the first thing you've said, that I agree with. It is between Scott and Jenny. My problem is Scott doesn't know there's a problem that desperately needs to be addressed."

"God damn it! This is none of your business!" Mary exploded. "I want you to keep your mouth shut!"

I leaned forward and rested my elbows on the kitchen table. After folding the fingers of both hands together in "prayer" fashion, I said, "You know me, Mary. You know me better than anyone."

Mary expected more and was startled when I got up and quickly walked to the kitchen archway. I hesitated for a moment before turning. "I've asked you twice if you've known about Jenny cheating and you've refused to answer. I'll ask again, how long have you known?"

"You know Jenny. She's always been a little wild."

"Zero for three," was my immediate response.

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It simply means that you refuse to answer a question that I think is critically important to our marriage."

"What Jenny does when Scott's away doesn't have any bearing on our marriage!" Mary said confidently.

"Well, let's see." I leaned against the arch and counted on my fingers. "First, my relationship with your sister will never be the same, now that I know she's a lying slut. At every holiday that we celebrate with your family, I'll be reminded of your sister's treachery.

"Second, you've given me every indication that you've known about her vile behavior and I'm left wondering if you approve."

"That's not fair, Chris!"

"Third, although I don't travel nearly as much as Scott, I'm on the road for one trip each month. For the first time in our relationship, I have to wonder if you've cheated on me."

Mary's eyes got huge and she exploded, "How dare you accuse me of cheating!"

I immediately jumped in and with as much intensity responded, "I've never accused you of cheating. But your cavalier attitude to your sister's slutting around has me wondering if you have."

I stopped and glared at my wife before continuing, "You and I both know you can't prove that you haven't cheated. All I have is my trust in you. And right now, that trust is severely shaken."

I turned and walked down the hall to my home office.

After doing an internet search on Mike Charmut, confirming he was married and having both calls to his home intercepted, I decided to tackle the last awful chore.

I texted my brother-in-law, Scott: [You're getting home on Friday. Am I right?]

It took ten minutes before he responded: [Yep. I land at 2:30 PM.]

[Meet me at the Pit Stop. I'll be there at 4.]

[Does this have anything to do with Jenny's frantic phone call wanting to know if we've talked?], Scott wanted to know.