The Nude Pioneer Ch. 03b

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"...No, as the word would suggest, commencement isn't an ending, but a beginning. This is not the end for any of us, but the beginning of the next phase of life..."

I suddenly could think of nothing other than my dream. I felt the air flowing freely under the gown, just as in my dream. All eyes were on me, just as in my dream.

"...But we shouldn't forget all of the memories we have here at Lincoln High. The friendships we made, the classes we attended, the clubs we joined, the events we enjoyed together. These things shaped us as individuals, and we can take these experiences with us wherever we go..."

I actually thought about doing it. For one swift, glorious instant, I was about to move my trembling hands to my gown and unzip it in front of everyone. But sanity took hold, and I finished my speech.

"...So we now go forth, prepared to face a world that needs a new, young generation to show them the way. Thank you, Lincoln High School!"

And that was it. The crowd and my class applauded me, and I took my seat. It was... anti-climactic. I felt kind of a let-down, and a bit disappointed in myself at not "shocking the world" when I had my chance.

After the ceremony, we all gathered in the gym for a reception, all the graduates still in their caps and gowns. There were hugs, and tears, and pictures being taken, and yearbooks being signed.

Barbara came up to me. "That was a wonderful speech," she said. "Better than mine. You really put things into perspective." She gave me a big hug. Then she got a strange look on her face. "Julie... um, what exactly are you wearing under your gown?"

I smiled. "Nothing at all," I said.

Barbara suddenly got a wide-eyed, freaked-out look on her face. "Oh, no! Oh, no no NO! Julie!! Don't you know?!"

"Know what?" I asked.

"Julie, the principal is having everyone line up in the hallway and turn in their cap and gown! If you don't turn them in right there, you don't get your diploma!"

I must admit I did get a bit of a flutter in my stomach, but at the same time I found Barb's reaction a little silly. I wasn't planning on this, but it could be kinda cool.

"Don't worry about it. I'll figure something out," I told her. She looked at me skeptically.

I noticed Susan not far away, with her boyfriend, Bill. She caught Barb's attention blew a kiss towards her. Then Bill did the same. They both smiled and waved. I wondered what that was about, and what Bill had to do with it. Oh well.

I found my parents for one last goodbye. They were going home, while I was planning on running over to Sarah's house, where a change of my clothes awaited.

Then I found Sarah and Lana.

"Ohmygod, J.J., you are in really deep shit," Sarah said.

I ignored her. "C'mon, guys, let's line up to turn in our caps and gowns and get out of here." I already had my tassel and cords, which we got to keep, gathered up in one hand.

"But... but..." Sarah stammered.

"What? You want to say more goodbyes? We can do that later at Crystal's post-graduation party," I pointed out.

"No, it's just..."

The line was swiftly moving forward, as Mr. Davis, the gym teacher, collected each graduate's outfit and checked them off on a list. Before we knew it, it was my turn.

"Here you go," I said. I handed him my cap, and then, like it was no big deal, unzipped my gown and let it fall from my naked body. There was a collective gasp as everyone in the hallway, including maybe thirty classmates and a few parents, turned to look at me.

"JULIE JOHNSON! You... you... how DARE you..." It was Principal Harris. He had briefly stepped into the hallway to observe how the gown check-in was going.

Sarah, Lana, and Mr. Davis both stared at me, looking like their jaws had come unhinged. "Well, that takes care of my stuff. Are we getting out of here?"

"How DARE you?" the principle continued. "After everything this school has done for you? After all the opportunities you've been given, you... SULLY the school this way!" I looked behind me, the only time I acknowledged his presence. His face was bright red, and it looked like a vein was going to burst on his bald head.

Sarah and Lana handed their outfits to a stunned Mr. Davis.

"Well? Shall we?" I gestured for my two friends to join me as we walked towards the school exit.

"JULIE JOHNSON YOU GET BACK HERE! You get back here THIS INSTANT so I can have a word with you!!"

We ignored the principal and kept walking, two fully-dressed women, and one wearing nothing but a pair of shoes. Laughing, arm-in-arm-in-arm with Sarah on my left and Lana on my right, we left Lincoln High School for the last time.