All Comments on 'The Nurse and The Med Student'

by jamisonh213

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Real-life counterpart

From a retired ob-gyn:

When I was a first-year medical student, we had "model patients" or "patient models" who acted out various diseases or had specific unusual findings. I will always remember the two women who taught us the female exam. They would talk us through the proper insertion of the speculum, visualization, etc., and guide us through the bimanual and rectal examinations. Their gentle prompting ("Yes, that is the uterus against your outside hand. Push a little harder to the side if you want to feel the ovary. There, that's it. Feel it slide between your outside and inside fingertips?") was invaluable feedback which served me well for thirty years.

It has remained incredible to me that these two women awakened on the morning of their tutoring session knowing they each would have approximately 75 exams that day. Knowing how most most women dread the experience of their annual physical with pelvic, I remain eternally grateful for the sacrifice they made on behalf of the thousands of women I saw over the years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
sexy Cougar!

hot story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous