The Party

Story Info
Michael sees his ex at party, but finds someone else.
2k words
4.5
21.2k
1
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Michael looked down at the flashing light on his answering machine. He instinctively knew who it was, and he was not up to listening to her voice. He laid his keys on the table and went about his business, putting groceries away. He hadn't yet gotten over the sting, which was probably why he desperately wanted to push the button. Michael refrained for the moment and flipped on the TV. The Cavs were trouncing the Bulls, but his focus was definitely not on the game. After busying himself for a little while with mundane tasks that somehow made him feel worse rather than better, Michael let the butterflies take over.

"Um, Michael, it's me," came the soft voice. "Look, I feel kinda funny asking, but Jerry is having a big party tomorrow, and I thought maybe you'd like to come. It would be great to see you again. I've missed you."

"Yeah? Then why the fuck did you say you wanted to date other people?" Michael asked the box of plastic and metal.

It had been two weeks, but Michael had just gotten over the initial shock and denial. He'd had plans with Amber, plans he now knew deep down would never be realized. Initially, he'd hoped they would reconnect. But the spanning of days slowly convinced him that she was taking the easy, but permanent, way out.

"How the hell do you go from dating a woman exclusively to sharing her with other men?" he asked himself.

That knot in his stomach, which had only recently dissipated, returned at full force. Michael didn't want to see her again. He just wanted to climb in bed and stay there. But a part of him refused to accept defeat. That part didn't want her back. It wanted to show her and everyone else that he was strong.

Saturday night rolled around, and Michael was as nervous as ever. When he arrived, cars were already lining the street. Jerry answered the door.

"Michael, I wasn't expecting you to come, you know, with you and Amber..." Jerry said, his voice trailing off into the noise of the party.

"Yeah, I just didn't think I'd do myself any good sitting at home and sulking," Michael replied.

"Well, there are plenty of hotties here, man. Take your pick."

"Thanks, Jer."

Michael made his way through the house to the kitchen. Jerry was right. There were a lot of gorgeous women here. But Michael still wanted to see her. He hadn't realized how much he concealed his true wishes, even to himself.

He almost spilled his beer when a hand touched his shoulder. He turned around and found himself face to face with Amber for the first time in two weeks.

"Michael! I'm so glad you made it. I've missed you," she chirped.

"Yeah, I've been kind of busy with work lately," he lied.

She knew he was lying. And he knew that she knew. But somehow it was the only thing he could think to say. He was still amazed that she could be so okay with this. It was as though they had just been good friends all that time.

"Well, I'm glad you came. It will be nice to see your face again," she said as she leaned in for a hug. He awkwardly put his arms around her for a moment. She lingered on his body longer than he had hoped. A few more moments and he would have held on forever. Michael was always a little possessive with his women. It wasn't that he was manipulative. He had low self-esteem, and he knew it. His habit of finding a woman and smothering her didn't help matters in his relationships.

"Oh, there's Mindy and Evelyn," Amber said. "I'd better go say hi. Please stay. I know it's awkward, but I know you've missed me, too."

"Sure, Amber. I'll stay for a while," Michael smiled as she bounded off to gab with her friends. He wanted nothing more than to run from that spot. He would make a bee line for the front door and drive straight home where a bottle of Jack called him. But his feet were heavy. He couldn't move them if he tried.

"What a bitch," a voice called from behind him.

Michael slowly turned, shaking himself out of the daze. It took a moment to register what he was seeing. He first caught her green eyes and red lips, framed by auburn tresses. He quietly forced himself to stop staring.

"Aw, she's not so bad," he sheepishly replied.

"Let me guess. She broke up with you to date other people?" the mystery woman asked.

"Yes," Michael said shyly.

"And she invited you here with all your friends around?"

"Yes."

"Trust me. She's a bitch, and you don't deserve to be treated like that."

With that, she strode past him and into the front room. Michael knew this woman was right. He was being played. He knew Amber wanted him to fawn over her. She always had. But he also realized she could get that from any guy. Why him? Michael spent a few hours trying to sort things out. He wasn't sure if the beer was helping or not, but he felt relaxed for the first time in a while. He wandered around the party and noticed things had died down a little. Couples were beginning to pair off and disappear. He wondered where Amber was. It didn't take long to find out.

Michael heard moaning coming from the den. He approached the doors and slid them open a crack. His heart sank. Amber was on her knees, with her shirt off, giving head to Brad. Brad and Michael had always competed in everything, even women. And here was his rival getting a blow job from his girl. His ex-girl, Michael reminded himself. Brad must have noticed the movement of the doors, because he glanced in Michael's direction. He smiled nice and wide, knowing he had gotten the better of Michael. Michael wanted nothing more than to burst through the doors and beat the shit out of Brad in the worst way. But he knew he'd been owned, and there was little he could do.

He walked slowly through the kitchen and out onto the deck. He downed his beer in a few gulps.

"I told you she was a bitch," a familiar voice stated in the dark.

"Yeah, I guess I was pretty stupid for coming here," he groused. He was glad it was dark. Had it been light out, the anger would have been very apparent on his face. But his voice told the whole story anyway, so he really didn't try to hide anything.

"I wouldn't call you stupid," she said. "Maybe confused and forlorn, but not stupid."

"So what tipped you off that she was a bitch?"

"You mean other than they way she hugged you and left you hanging?"

"Well, I guess it was pretty obvious, wasn't it?" Michael's mood lightened a little. He was finally getting this off his chest, and it was a relief not to keep it holed up inside.

"Well, there's that and the fact that she was talking smack about you in the bathroom before you arrived," the woman shot back playfully.

"WHAT?!"

"Look, I don't want to get into that," she calmly replied. "You look like a nice guy, but believe me, you're better off without her. She and that sleaze ball in there deserve each other."

"Oh, you've met Brad?"

"Yeah, he tried to hit on me. But I have a rule about bumbling idiots."

Michael laughed. It was the first time he remembered laughing in weeks. For a moment, he even forgot his recent girlfriend was slobbering all over the knob of a guy he hated.

"I'm Michael," he offered, finally feeling relaxed.

"I know," she offered back mischievously.

"Well, do you have a name?"

"Yes."

"Will you tell me what it is?"

"Yes."

"Well, what is it?"

"Maria."

With that, Michael broke into song, albeit rather poorly, "Maria. I just met a girl named Maria, and suddenly that name will never be the same to me."

"Okay, Tony, that's enough," she laughed. "Do you sing any more show tunes?"

"Maybe if I had more beer in me I could."

"Why don't you come over here and sit next to me?"

Michael walked over and sat next to Maria. For the first time, he was able to appreciate her. His eyes had adjusted to the darkness, and even with the little light he could tell she was gorgeous. She had strong features, but more importantly he could tell she wasn't the typical bubble head he was used to.

"Excuse me for saying this, but you seem out of place here," he said.

"Well, I just moved here, and my cousin Angie thought I should come and meet people."

"It's good to know I'm not the only one not enjoying myself," Michael chuckled.

"Well, I can't say it's been a total waste," Maria smiled. "I'm glad to see you finally woke up from your funk."

"Yeah, I'm glad I came."

"Not yet you haven't," she said teasing him. Maria leaned a little closer and touched her lips to his. She broke from the kiss and asked Michael to follow her. Michael was a little confused by this, but he was willing to follow her anywhere after touching those lips. Maria led him back to the den door, where they peered inside.

Michael was no longer feeling nauseous at the prospect of watching Amber and Brad. He wondered what Maria had in mind. When he finally looked through the doors, he saw amber sitting on the couch next to a snoring Brad. She didn't look too happy with him.

"I'd feel sorry for her if she hadn't been such a sniveling cunt to you earlier," Maria whispered. "Come here. I want to try something."

Maria led Michael back to the kitchen where she sat him on the counter. She kissed him passionately on the mouth, exploring with her tongue. Her hands deftly maneuvered their way around his pants, and she managed to pull them and his boxer briefs off in one motion. Maria's head dropped to his crotch where she took in his semi-hard cock. Michael had never felt like this before. Amber's head was always a little sloppy. He'd never complained about it nor turned it down – it would have to be pretty bad head to turn down – but Maria was simply incredible.

She softly tongued the underside of his head while her mouth formed a seal over the helmet. She combined this with a little pressure and nearly sent him over the edge right there. She backed off when she felt his balls contract.

"I want you to last a little longer," she said with a mischievous grin.

Maria continued to work on his shaft, changing her technique every time he got a little too comfortable. She was drawing it out and Michael loved every bit of it. With each passing second, his moans grew louder. Right as he was about shoot down Maria's throat, the door to the den opened. There stood Amber, wearing nothing but Brad's shirt.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" she bellowed.

"I'm getting the best blow job of my life," Michael responded after Maria had finished milking him for all he was worth. "What are you doing?"

"I just came out for a glass of water and I find you getting sucked off by this bitch?"

"You say this after I watched you slobber all over Brad's dick? I'd say you have your priorities a tad skewed."

"Oh, so you're just trying to get back at me?" Amber replied coldly.

"Actually, I don't really give a shit about what, or who, you do. We're not together anymore. Remember? I guess you'll have to find a new sycophant."

Amber huffed off into the den sobbing. Michael smiled at Maria as he hopped down from the counter.

"Is there anything I can do for you, or to you, to repay the favor?" Michael asked, still glowing.

"Well, I have a few suggestions, if you're interested."