The Presence

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cndrlla69
Cndrlla69
60 Followers

"I have to go," he said. "I don't want to. Will you be at the Halloween Ball?"

"Yes," I replied. "But, I'm scheduled to leave within a day or two after that."

"So soon?"

"I've already been here a while."

"I'll look for you at the Ball then. Will you save a dance for me?"

"Of course," I smiled at him. "Maybe all of them?" I suggested shyly. I was not good at this game.

"That sounds like the perfect plan. Good night."

I watched as he turned and strolled away into the night then slipped into my room. The pile of journals I still had to sift through look insurmountable. It was dry, all facts written by men. What I would give for just one of these journals to be written by a woman.

I plopped down on the bed and got to work. I must have fallen asleep at some point because suddenly I came awake to a crash. Rolling over I had knocked the journals off the bed. I got groggily up and began straightening them, restacking the piles into read and yet to read. As I picked up the last journal I found something quite unexpected.

Tucked within the bland cover that looked the same as all the other journals was a hidden leather covered journal embossed with a slightly faded name. Jacqueline. Jacqueline had kept a journal herself? This could be the answer to my prayers. I sat down quietly and almost reverently opened the cover.

I lost track of time as Jacqueline's tale washed over me. That night upon the beach, the embrace Thomas had shown me, had been their first night together. She told of her deep abiding love for him and how he had loved her gently. She told of that last night she had been with him, the night I had witnessed. She told of the ecstasy she had felt in Thomas' arms and her embarrassment as Ben had burst in.

A period had passed with no entries and then she had recorded her shock at finding herself pregnant. She had gone to Ben to confide her dilemma. He had suggested that they marry to alleviate any stigma that could be put upon her or the child. His brother's child would have their name one way or another. When Thomas should return they could deal with that then. Jacqueline had agreed.

Then had come a page dated early November that was smudged and tear stained. News had reached them of Thomas' death in early October in some small no name battle. His body had not been recovered unfortunately. (No wonder Thomas haunted the place in October!) In her devastation, Jacqueline admitted to attempting to take her own life only to be thwarted by Ben. He had ordered her to take care as she carried the last they would know of Thomas and he would not lose his brother twice by losing his brother's child.

She did not write again until after the birth of the child. It had been a boy. Ben had insisted on the name Thomas. Everyone thought it was to honor his lost brother when in reality it was Ben recognizing the child's true paternity. She wrote of the care Ben took of the child and over time, as her heart mended some from the loss of her love, she grew to care for Ben, not in the all soul-consuming way she had loved Thomas, but in a sweet gentle way.

They eventually became lovers and she gave Ben a child, a girl. There were sparse entries over the following years. She told of the fire that had destroyed most of their home and the hard years following the war. As I read the final entry I was wiping tears from my eyes. Her daughter, Katherine Crystle had found a love of her own. She had married a man from a nearby plantation, Michael Dubois.

The blood drained from my face and I felt faint. Dubois. Thomas and Jacqueline's son Thomas had inherited this place as Thomas' legacy, as Ben wanted it. Ben and Jacqueline's daughter had married a Dubois. My name. I didn't know my lineage. I had never cared, now maybe I had better.

By morning, after a night spent on a genealogy website, I had my answers. I was the last descendant of Ben and Jacqueline just as Thomas was the last in a line descending from Thomas and Jacqueline. This was no coincidence. I looked like Jacqueline. Thomas was the image of Thomas. This evening would be quite interesting. I did not know whom I was looking more forward to confronting, my ghost Thomas or the real one.

After collapsing into a deep sleep until mid afternoon and taking a hot steamy shower, I got ready to don my costume, Jacqueline's dress. Taking one look at it I knew I was out of my league. I made a quick call and within five minutes one of the office ladies was at my door. She put up my hair in an old fashioned style and had me done up in dress and petticoats very efficiently. Once I was buttoned in I turned to face the mirror. I blinked owlishly; I was Jacqueline. With heartfelt thanks to my fairy godmother, I was ready to head to the ball.

I entered the clubhouse to find the Halloween Ball in full swing. There was everything from painted on costumes to see through ones to full store bought ones. I saw horror, silly, and cute elbow to elbow with sleazy. Some were quite creative; some were very traditional. Then I saw what I was really looking for.

Striding toward me in full Yankee cavalry regalia was my Thomas, the Thomas who was intended for me. I had finally realized that the ghost Thomas belonged to the Jacqueline of the past, our ancestor, and I would need to let him know tonight what had really happened. This Thomas, the real one from here and now, would belong to me, almost as if we were reincarnated to get this second chance at happiness together.

He reached me and took me into his arms. Grinning down at me he said, "I think my housekeeper has been playing matchmaker."

I grinned back up at him and answered, "I don't think she has to," before he claimed my lips right there in the center of the dance floor. When we came up for air I suggested a walk to the beach. There was much he needed to hear, and I needed to find my, no, Jacqueline's, Thomas.

We walked slowly, hand in hand, enjoying the quiet away from the music of the ball. As we neared the edge of the small beach I saw a familiar haze out upon the water. It came toward us and began to take form. Thomas tried to pull me behind him and I heard him breathe, "Oh my God," in shock.

"It's OK," I said, pulling away from him. "I need to talk to him." By then Thomas was fully visible. I looked from the ghost to the man slightly taken aback. They were the spitting image of each other, and both looked good in a uniform.

"Thomas, I know why you're still here," I stated. "You aren't here because of your love for Jacqueline. You are still here because of your hatred for your brother. You think the two of them betrayed you with each other. Thomas, they didn't. I'd like you to meet your many, many times grandson, Thomas. He looks a bit like you, doesn't he?"

"My grandson?" he asked looking over at Thomas.

"Yes! Jacqueline's son was your son! She and Ben did not betray you. He protected her as you asked him to. He protected your child. Eventually they came to care for each other that's true, but would you want her to live in the pain of your loss her whole life?"

"No," he admitted. "I would want her to go on. I had a child?"

"Yes you thick headed mule. You did. She had a child with Ben also years later, a daughter. Their daughter Katherine was my great, great something grandmother!"

As the light of acceptance began to glow in his eyes I knew I was winning, it was time. "Thomas, you need to go to Jacqueline. You need to make peace with Ben. It's time to cross over. You are hers not mine. This is my Thomas," I reached out to take a flesh and blood hand into mine. "Go."

Thomas turned slowly from me. I saw two figures form from the mist down the beach. It was Jacqueline and Ben. Thomas began walking slowly toward them. Jacqueline broke away from Ben and ran toward Thomas; throwing herself into his arms as he captured her lips with his. Then Ben was upon them also and it turned into a group hug. As they moved down the beach together they dissolved once more into the mist. My ghost was gone.

Thomas took me into his arms and held tight as I broke down into tears. "I don't know what just happened for sure," he said, "but you will fill me in. Tomorrow. For now let's get you somewhere you can rest." He quietly steered me toward the path to the Big House.

Upon entering, we were greeted by his most efficient housekeeper. "Oh my, what's wrong with the dear?"

"She's had a bit of a shock tonight. You know, Halloween and all? Could you bring her a mug of hot cider to my room please?"

"Of course, Mr. Crystle, right away," I heard her promise as he led me from the kitchen to the grand staircase.

We ascended the stairs to his room and I was soon ensconced in the big comfy chair in the corner. The housekeeper was right behind us with a tray bearing hot, spiced cider with cinnamon sticks and warm donuts. Having made her delivery she quickly left again.

After we had sipped and nibbled and I was quite calmer, Thomas disappeared into an adjoining room only to return divested of uniform and wearing only a pair of pajama pants. I had to laugh, "Smiley face pumpkins? Really?"

"Gotta keep with the spirit of the season, don't I? Now, let's get you out of that dress, shall we? I assume you need some help?"

"Yes please," I responded. "It took some work to get me into it."

I turned my back to him struck by the similarity of what was happening now and the scene I had witnessed the other day here in this same room. I felt his hands slowly opening the buttons down my back, then his warm lips trailing in their wake. I shivered as he pushed the gown from my shoulders and ran his hands down my arms raising gooseflesh in his wake. He carefully untied my petticoats letting them fall to the floor. He took my hand as I stepped from my nest of clothing.

"I can get you a robe. I'm sorry I forgot to grab one," he turned from me to return to the bathroom for a robe for me.

"No," I told him stopping his retreat with my hand upon his arm. "Hold me?"

And with those simple words I was in his arms, knowing I was where I belonged. His lips claimed mine with bruising force. He must have sensed the rightness of it all. I let my hands trail down his back to his waist and with not more than a flick his pants were on the floor and I could feel his cock pressing hard against my stomach begging for attention.

I began trailing kisses along his jaw to his neck where I paused to suck hard leaving love bites behind. He shivered as I moved lower and ran my tongue around each of his nipples and lower yet, to burrow into his navel. Then I was on my knees before him with his cock before me. Taking him by the hips, I swirled my tongue around his head, enjoying the slight saltiness I tasted there. Then I took him in, my mouth riding him. I could feel the smoothness of his cock sliding in and out of my lips. I glanced up at him. He was looking down at me with an odd look in his eye.

He stopped me with a touch and raised me to my feet once again claiming my lips with his own. "I want you, Jacqueline."

"And I want you too, Thomas," I responded. And with that we were on the bed, his lips never left mine as he covered me with his strong body and entered me fully in one swift thrust. I wrapped my legs around him and met each thrust with my raised hips. He pounded into me, his hot cock pulsing in my warm pussy. Then we were coming together, warm cum spurting and hot pussy juices flowing; both of us crying out as we lost control to the overwhelming orgasm.

When we finally came back to ourselves he was still deep within me. I wanted him again, now, but I was so very weary. He slipped out of me and rolled to the side. I cuddled into his embrace and I drifted to sleep with a smile upon my lips. I now knew how Jacqueline felt to be made love to by the one she loved with all her heart, for I knew without a doubt I loved this man.

Hours later I came awake. Dawn was just breaking the horizon, and I glanced up in the light of the new day at the man holding me. He was looking down at me with that odd look in his eye once more. I was where I belonged.

"Good morning," he said.

"Good morning yourself," I retorted. "Happy November."

"Hmmm. November. The ghost is gone. You'll have to explain this all to me you know."

"I will. Maybe it will be my next best seller?"

"It would make a good story, wouldn't it?"

"Most definitely. You know, I'll have to go. I have a deadline."

"But you WILL return," he stated emphatically.

"Yes, you are my Thomas, and I am your Jacqueline. We have found each other and we are exactly where we've always belonged, this time forever. I love you Thomas."

"And I love you Jacqueline," he said as he claimed my lips, claiming me for the rest of our lives.

Cndrlla69
Cndrlla69
60 Followers