All Comments on 'The Questionnaire'

by budd100

Sort by:
  • 118 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Finish it up

Let's have a conclusion.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
More

Well writen. Good theme. Keep it going

Joe_AvgJoe_Avgabout 19 years ago
Everybody is always sorry in these stories

If they were sorry, they wouldnt do it in the first place. The story is done as far as I can tell. All the main points have been covered.

- she had an affair

- she got caught

- the marriage ended

Just like real life except all her whining and crying and pretending to be distraught. IRL the cheatie is distraught and the cheater is, at most, sorry for what they lost (not in this case though since he gave her half of everything). Cheaters are not despondent over the hurt they caused. They dont have a sudden revelation about how much they loved their spouses. Most of all, they dont suddenly start considering other people's feelings. If they actually loved someone as much as they claim after they get caught, they wouldnt hurt them in the first place. Sometimes things are that simple. Its not necessarily simple to decide whether ot not to stay married because most real marriages arent based on true love & most people settle. I like no compromises fiction precisely because there is too much settling IRL.

All this stuff about cheaters being swept off their feet, exporing their sexuality, feeling neglected, or not even considering possible hurt, while still loving the husbands (or wives) all along is just crap. I can understand why the stories are written this way. Having the good guy lose and bad guy trundle merrily along their way doesnt make for good fiction for most of us.

One more thing - getting hurt by someone that you believed loved you, sucks. No question about it. Its not the end of the world though. People get over pain of all sorts much quicker than they would have expected in most cases. Maybe Im just a heartless prick but, in my little world, it is possible to stop loving in an instant. Its also possible to get over it and love someone again. Even if you cant stop feeling/thinking about someone you've been with a long time, you can stop loving them in fairly short order.

Good story & keep up the good work either in a pt. 2 for this story or a new one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Part 2

I would like to hear more of this story. Please keep it going.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
yes

i can see where this might be hard on anybody.... but what happens ..if it was me i wouldnt give her 6 months .... but being together that long needs some time ... but as a guy dont you think he needs some revenge by having a fling himself... and yes if she had another one that would end it as she then would be showing that she didnt really care at all ... she hasnt suffered enough yet ... give us some resolution

Don1028Don1028about 19 years ago
Nothing erotic about this

It must have been written by one of those -------- who like to read stories where the wife has an affair so that they can have a temper tantrum and write nasty remarks etc

Of course ANOMYMOUSLY

IT STINKS BOTH AS A STORY AND AS A WAY OF SOLVING HIS SHORTCOMINGS AS A HUSBAND

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Waste of time

I like your theme and all however you never really captured the guys emotions. The wrting seemed almost machine like and not in keeping with a man betrayed by his wife and best friend from childhood.

You then really pissed me off by not finishing it. After reading endless paragraphs about what she did and how he caught her and the "questionaire" you leave us hanging with no resolution.

I dont see how he can ever forgive her anyway. I can understand after many years of marriage and friendship forgiving a one time indiscretion. But I for one could never forgive an ongoing affair like this.

Jackie

sexmatesexmateabout 19 years ago
Yes there are consequences! Please finish it!

Oh the pain. This was a good story. It does need finishing!

Will the 6 months last? Lets have some dialogue between the two about their relationship. Lets see just how sorry she is? I would love to read her responses to the questionaire.

Then how they are going to repair their marriage. And definately lets see what transpires in the 6 months that they are apart? Do you think this was a bit long 3 or 4 weeks would have been good so all feelings are relatively fresh. Sorry the story was hard on you. Was it true? If so I am so sorry! If it was about the writing unless writing comes easy it it very hard to write, or find the time to be focused on it.

Thanks for writing!

Sexmate

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Not Erotic

Stories with this theme are hardly erotic, deception, betrayel and revenge don't excite me in the least.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Great

I'd definitely like to see a follow-up on this story. I always enjoy well written stories on this theme, although I guess I'm a bit of a sucker for happy endings...

fumunda cheezefumunda cheezeabout 19 years ago
Yes Please

This is good man. It ranks right up there with K.K.,the Troubador, Hardaysknight, and patricia51.

You have to finish it. Maybe he could set her up with another date with Brad and see what happens.

please let us know what happens.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
you are a good writer and some time you go easy on

the women in your stories are gettting off easy,compared to the hurt they cause.your plot are good and the people love for each other at the start is good. but you don't tell what the women are thinking to cause there fall from grace.the women are so easy to hurt the men and the men a so hard try to please the women after the fact.you have the women mean and raw,and the men are to civilize.still all good.

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 19 years ago
enjoyable story

very good storyline. but as another correspondent mentioned your writing style is a little mechanical. i'm comfortable with the style but can see where others may want a softer touch.

the story can stay as is,nothing further needed. but you left the door wide open for a chapter 2, picking up six months later.it would be nice to see what you have planned for this couple. its understandable that he may want a divorce.but the fact he's willing to wait 6 months tells you that is not what he really wants. what this couple has together is more than a marriage but a lifetime of togetherness.

eager for your continuation.

don

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
The Road Less Traveled

I know you may not want to hear this, but the easy way out is to throw her out and end it now. She has betrayed you, broken your heart, shattered the bond of trust between you and crippled your faith in probably everything.

...and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not selfseeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Is a few weeks of this tragic behavior stronger than a lifetime of Love shared between the two of you? ...until DEATH do us part...not until one of us makes a mistake! Forgiveness is not easy, it is the road less traveled, but if you hope to have God forgive you of your sins then you must forgive those who sin against you. If you started a new life alone, eventually you would meet someone else, but everywhere you go and everything you do will somehow remind you of the one true love that you pledged your life to.

Forgive her now. Do not wait six months.

Yes it's true, Love is the answer. Christ is the answer.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
The questionaire

Yes, there needs to be a conclusion... But Before you condemn her completely, You need to realize that women are more prone to act on their emotions and not good judgement. There are so many ways a scoundrel can seduce an unsuspecting woman, because of their very nature. Women have so many more erogenous zones in her body and mind. Is it any wonder that she falls victim to her desires? At least lets hear her side.. Lorri

DavefoDavefoabout 19 years ago
Been there, hard to act rationally.....

I liked it. I had a hard time acting rationally...but that is

another story.

I like your work, would love to see a conclusion. Six months

apart would be too hard on me. I understand why he did it,

but he is a better man than I for staying in this mess that

long and I really believe any person who has a long term

affair will have another one. Some of you may know of a

person who had one affair, then no more, but I have known

a bunch (in the military) and none of us survived the affairs. The wives cried, the men cried and I imagine their

kids cried later. But it hardly ever works out.

How does he know what she is doing this six months? Is he

going to follow her? Tap her phone? Is she really worth it?

After all, they had been best friends, etc. since they were

small kids!? That would be gut wrenching.

A sequel is needed. Can she do without male companionship

for six months? She might be a totally different woman if

she spends six months alone. Most of us would change, hopefully for the better.

Hey, that might be a good story, how he watches her for 6

months, seeing her date and so on. Wow, imagine watching

someone you still love dating other guys, watching as she

falls under the spell of another predator. Or not.

JDsellerJDsellerabout 19 years ago
Wrire us an ending!

I liked the story line. I really liked how you laid out the questions in the questionar . I think that we all can fall into the trap of taking our partners for granted. Exspecially in long term relationships. We all realize that we have to keep learning for work and other parts of our life. We forget that we have to do maintance on our relationships as well. I would like too see another chapter. I would like to here her side of the story. Plus I want to see how they both handle the seperation from each other. In my own life my wife is the glue that keeps me going. When I am away from her and the kids my quality of life is much lower.

As far as your writing style it is a little mechianicl. The emotions a just a little off. Not a lot but just a little. This type of story is hard to write and get the emotions spot on. Also they are hard on the writer if they are based on some truth. Keep up the writing it give the rest of us enjoyment to read good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
To the comment about emotions, they do NOT excuse!

Secondly, the Christian who wrote those silly platitudes, virtually quoting Paul makes me wonder- if you're a fucking Christian, what are you doing reading FUCKING porn! I liked the story, despite the husband's vanilla nature. He at least stood up for himself and gave her a way to regain his trust. It's too bad she didn't take it seriously enough.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Hey, Budd-some woman really hurt you!

These stories are obviously your therapy. Hope you get over it soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
It happened to me

Happened to me and I caught her the first time and beat the holy hell out of the man and then ended up taking her back and she did it again so I threw her ass out and ended the marriage. Wasted 18 years of my life. I remarried and have lived a great life with new wife while she has moved around from man to man never to be happy again according to my daughter. So get rid of her because if she did it once she will do it again. sorry. No place in my heart for her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Great story

Please continue on !!!

the Troubadorthe Troubadorabout 19 years ago
Some of my friends

are going to accuse you of forgetting to finish the story, like they accuse me.

So, this can stand as it is, leaving the reader to his own imagination as to what happened. But unlike those I leave "open" you gave us a LOT of reasons to that the marriage could be saved. So unlike the Troubador's fade away endings, the outcome is not a given. This couple had more going for them than 80% of the marriages out there.

Now you have to explain how a sly, manipulative son of a bitch can get inside a woman's defenses over time and cloud her mind. They do it by never letting the victim see she is the target of a predator.

And yes, a man's man who has a heart and soul can forgive. And no, a woman falling under one man's spell is not fated to spend her life rocking back on her heels. She never saw this coming, when it happened it was too gentle for her to recognize it, and when she was lost in the spider's web her mind was too clouded for her to see.

A good read, with the emotion I look for in my entertainment. Hey! Give us a finish! I'll not suggest a direction, you're the writer, the one who knows these characters better than anyone else.

ryu77ryu77about 19 years ago
The best part..

of this story is actually the questionnaire he did for his wife. No wonder she threw it in the trash can, those questions are sure killers!!!

I wanna know the answers!!!

MR. GibsonMR. Gibsonabout 19 years ago
Good story or truth?

Good story and is it a little bit of the truth too? well at any rate please finish the story and maybe move on to a better relationship in the near future. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
the glass dropping

when he told her of the car seen, THAT was the time for change. she knew, she dropped the glass.

did she change then, did she stop her affair? no, she made it MORE obvious and in his face with the hair cut. she may have once been his best freind, but at that point she was trying to deliberatly hurt him and make him accept being a cuckold.

the video was just final evidence. throwing the questionaire away the capstone.

well written, but i cannot imagine what the author would do for a follow up.

phoenix764phoenix764about 19 years ago
Excellent, but not finished

The good part is that you show Dillard is willing to wait some time before making a final decision. There is much to explore now. A single time is a mistake, but an ongoing affair is something else. Is Janet willing to answer the questionaire? Will/Has she realized the harm she caused to Dillard, and their marriage? If during the next 6 months she decides to try to save their marriage, how is she going to do it? Counselling would be a good idea for her. After six months if they decide to try to save the marriage, then they are looking at a long road. Couples counselling for a couple of years; probably sleeping in different rooms / apartments for a while, and certainly no sex for quite a while. Janet's affair destroyed any trust or respect that Dillard had for her. It will be a long, hard road for her to regain them; if she can. What about Brad? A copy of the video tape should be provided to Brad's wife, so she can get rid of the jerk, and leave him penniless. Brad's father should disown him for being the slimeball that he is. If the company transfered him knowing that his actions were disruptive to the office, then Dillard and the other husband should sue the company for transfering him, instead of firing him since he caused disruption in at least 2 marriages.We really need to see how this story finishes for Dillard and Janet - either by divorce or a long hard road to recover.

I hope very little is based on truth, because no one deserves to have this done to them.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Please! Please! GIVE US AN ENDING !!!

One, if not the best of your stories so far.But I'm hooked on it! So Please (pretty please) give us an ending!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Good and Bad

Good story about adultery and the heartbreaking consequences of the adultery. The confrontation with his wife was well done , but the questionnaire and the six month separation was ,to me, pretty artificial. What is needed is communications with wife and decision about whether he can ever get over her affair or whether divorce is his only option. A couple of days separation for him to calm down and her to reflect on her total stupidity is logical. But 6 months? Either they love each other enough to get over her affair or they don't--What are they going to know in 6 months that they don't know now. 60 year old George

Nightowl22Nightowl22about 19 years ago
Yes, an ending!!

It is almost a typical beginning so an ending, one way or the other, is in order. I don't think, given what has occured so far, that he will turn wimp.

But Dillard needs closure, too, just as Josh had. Maybe he should look Brad up and get it? Take care of the violation of his life.

Look forward to the sequel, the ending!

gizzmo301gizzmo301about 19 years ago
You gave

You gave the readers a lot of reasons why this couple should get back together. One very good reason to end the marriage. I think we need a second chapter this story is two open ended and need some closure. These two have been to close for to long to end their marriage. Plus alittle revenge on Brad by sending Brad's wife proof of her hubby cheating would be great so More Please

Kanga40Kanga40about 19 years ago
You should write some more of this

BUT, only because you want to. You would not have even suggested more if you weren't already considering it.

This story, despite what Troubador says, stands alone quite nicely. You gave us the final answer:

"I know I have lost my wife and my best friend. "

She is gone, you have told us that. All he needs to do now is decide how he goes forward from here.

There is litte hope of reconciliation after her very deliberate rejection.

And, I have never accused poor Troubador of 'forgetting' to have some resolution to any of his stories. Perhaps others have.

He has deliberately not done so, maybe couldn't figure how to, or couldn't be bothered, BUT he never, never, NEVER 'forgot' to have some sort of resolution.

After all, it seems to me he started the 'pick your own ending' fad with How High a Price, which is a classic. None of the pretenders who have tried to imitate it have gone close to succeeding.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
a nonny mouse

Before you consider another story, please finish this one.

This was very good. I will be very disappointed if this guy "wimps out" because for some of us this is a realistic, and unfortunately true story. YES, I can really feel sorry for this poor soul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Poor Josh

A guy tries to spread the love and bring excitement into a few lives and he is persecuted for it. So sad!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Don't stop here

Great story that begs for and ending. Writing this had to be a very emotional experience but you have to have thought of at least one ending yourself. Mine doesn't leave much room for forgiveness and I'm sorry Dillard didn't get the satisfaction of laying a little GBH on the bastard himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Amazing

This is one of the most real stories I have read on this site. You HAVE to give us the ending to it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Please continue, great story!!!

Did the camera record anything else? How long had this been going on? Was he the first? Does she tell him the complete truth about everything? Please, consider giving answers to all of these questions in your next instalment!!! Intently awaiting!!! jimray. P.S.Great writing, and storyline!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Great story

You did a great job on this one. I'd love to see more, but I also think it has quite an impact as it stands now. Again, great job.

jimrayjimrayabout 19 years ago
Please continue, great story!!!

Did the camera record anything else? How long had this been going on? Was he the first? Does she tell him the complete truth about everything? Please, consider giving answers to all of these questions in your next instalment!!! Intently awaiting!!! jimray. P.S.Great writing, and storyline!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
continue please

I want to see how she answers the questionire, and find out if they can repaire the damage

gnfgnfabout 19 years ago
What to do with

a life long best friend and wife who has made the choice to destroy the trust of so many years?

She pretty much blew it by not filling out the questionaire that she had received via a courier and probably had to sign for. If she had read even the very first part she would not have thrown it away. Why in a dumpster and not in the trash can in her office? Or shredded it in the office shredder. It really looks like she was just going to rely on all the years of trust and friendship and marriage to be able to talk herself out of the fix she has gotten herself into.

She made the choice to cheat. Nobody twisted her arm or any other part of her body and forced her into this relationship. She walked into it with open eyes knowing that it would rip the heart out of her lifemate if she was ever caught; however like all people who do these acts they think that they will never be caught and so nobody will be the wiser.

Do we need a part two? I feel that this story stands on its own however I would really like to see where you will take this experience that has befallen this couple, and the other lives that have been touched by Brad.

Brad, needs his chained pulled hard, but we know that if you have enough pull (like a certain political family from the Northeast who have gotten away with murder and rape), and money he will be able to continue he ways until some other husband or boyfriend happens upon him at the wrong time and does away with him permanetly.

Best regards, keep on writing

George

sherlock40sherlock40about 19 years ago
I enjoyed this story very much.

Too many times on this site, readers are "treated" to stories that glorify cheating spouses without any consequences. For every (estimated) 200 of those type of stories we readers have someone step up to bat for the good guys and write a single story concerning what happens after the cheating spouse is caught.

One commenter said that this story was not erotic. Exactly what is erotic about a spouse cheating on another? Does the breaking of a spouses heart and their love turn someone on? Here's the stupidest line used on this site. The phrase, "I Love Only You, Darling," said to the spouse after fucking around on them.

X_BishopX_Bishopabout 19 years ago
Excellent

A sequel is needed for closures sake. You did a masterful job with the drama. Josh I couldn't quite follow at times but maybe it's the late hour. Whatever, I loved the story and think you need to bring this to completion. I for one want to know if she completes the questionnaire. What does she have to say in 6 months? What did her parents and their friends say? Inquiring and erotic minds want to know.

Read ya later

Bishop

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Very Good Reading - Well Done Author

Kudo's Author - Very well done - We need more stories of life and its consequence here so readers can see there is another side of this sensual reality called marriage and commitment. The few negative comments are from the jaded sick one's who need depraved, demeaning, pitiful male stories to get off. As to your stilted direct unemotional words to the wife - we both know it was a way to maintain control because once lost the emotions would be uncontrolably painful and the actions perhaps regretable physically. Been there and it is always unpredictable without painful control.

With regard to a follow up story - Your words of hers and his are very straight forward and indicate that a follow up reconciliation attempt story could or would be a contrived one. I.E. - she said "He took control of me and I could not refuse him - I knew I was doing you wrong but I was in too deep" - those plus the tape are very direct and damning. His words "I know I have lost my wife and my best friend". Couple that with him being cut off from any sexual activity, throwing away the questionaire and her new attire and hair style (which she will "someday" let grow back) and the barriers appear to be finite.

So, while it would be tempting to carry on with a chapter 2 kiss and make up - how could you do it with any credibility? In my mind and I'm sure many readers, infidelity instances while singular can possibly be overcome with time and proper help if there are two very willing partners. In this case however it was prolonged, there was a chance to fess up and be contrite before he left, and her desire to please wasn't directed her husband. Think about this carefully.

If there is a chapter 2 perhaps it could reveal (document) more of the why and how already simi-revealed ( domination and submission). It could address Brad's further demise family wise. These are pretty much concluded arn't they? So how good would could such a story be - if you are up to a challenge, this could be a formidable one in which to grow further and if it fails to stay within your standards - you could still learn for the future. Please don't go the wussie route as all author credentials so far gained would be lost.

You are appreciated for your talent and theme - Best Regards

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Of course she's sorry

She's sorry she got caught. She's sorry she cannot continue the affair on the side. She's sorry that she cannot continue to dress provocatively and get attention.

What she wasn't was sorry enough to say she was sorry without prodding.

I'd like for him to cut his losses and move on. But from the tenor of the questions in the questionnaire I doubt that he will be able to do that.

Good story and a *lot* of feedback!

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
budd100

I know this was a well thought story and you pull out all the stop by presenting a strong husband who took action right away. Please!!!!Please continue with an ending letting us know what happen to Brad. Let us know what happen to Josh. But please let us know what happens during and after the 6 months are up. Please!!!!!! I am on pins and needles. I yesterdays entry Patrica51 wrote a piece on forgiveness, if you read it I would wonder if she would read this and re-think her take on this. I hope you could read my reply. Because you have written a classic case of my counter reply. Thank you for this part 01 ??????

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
budd100

I know this was a well thought story and you pull out all the stop by presenting a strong husband who took action right away. Please!!!!Please continue with an ending letting us know what happen to Brad. Let us know what happen to Josh. But please let us know what happens during and after the 6 months are up. Please!!!!!! I am on pins and needles. I yesterdays entry Patrica51 wrote a piece on forgiveness, if you read it I would wonder if she would read this and re-think her take on this. I hope you could read my reply. Because you have written a classic case of my counter reply. Thank you for this part 01 ??????

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
budd100

I know this was a well thought story and you pull out all the stop by presenting a strong husband who took action right away. Please!!!!Please continue with an ending letting us know what happen to Brad. Let us know what happen to Josh. But please let us know what happens during and after the 6 months are up. Please!!!!!! I am on pins and needles. I yesterdays entry Patrica51 wrote a piece on forgiveness, if you read it I would wonder if she would read this and re-think her take on this. I hope you could read my reply. Because you have written a classic case of my counter reply. Thank you for this part 01 ??????

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
A vote for "the rest of the story"

Bishop and others have made strong arguements for a continuation of the story. I too echo these sentiments. Many questions are left unanswered and the questionaire itself is only the beginning. A continuation of the story should address most, if not all, of the major issues left unanswered at the story's conclusion.

As a closet romantic, I would like to believe that love can concur our most human imperfections. Whether Janet deserves forgiveness is an interesting question. Her failure express any regret in her dalliences with Brad could either indicate a lack of remorse or be a result of Janet's shock in being found out. As is, I am not sure which is the case, but lean more toward a belief one of the possibilities. I would be interested in expereincing the author's intended vision of this couples future.

Regards,

Professorfeelgood

charleybearcharleybearabout 19 years ago
Very Good Story

Budd100, I liked your story very much. I know that I too put a lot into the only story I have written but I will write more. I personally lean heavily toward you writing a continuation to this story. I think there is a lot of room here for you to reflect on the pain and suffering that she might endure for the next six months and how does she really feel about him. Will she endure it in the hopes of getting him back? Or, will she falter again and lose it all. Someone said, how many men, how long did it go on, etc. etc.. A good marriage is a wonderful thing, worth trying to save, but the six months will tell the tale. Good job Budd100.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
ho-hum

Another story about a husband getting pissed. What does this have to do with erotica, and what does it have to do with loving wifes?

The short and choppy sentances made for very hard reading. Please find another sight to post on. Maybe there is a harlequin romance sight that might be interested in your stories.

Don1028Don1028about 19 years ago
This is EROTIC ???

Story was more of a crime and punishment story.

Wonder if writer feels it OK for married guys to fuck other women.

My bet is that he does.

SalamisSalamisabout 19 years ago
Are we voting now?

This story has been done before and you've only added a minor variation with the introduction of a questionnaire. It would have been better in my opinion if the wife had filled out the questionnaire and left the husband with the decision. Then in the process we would have learned more about him, her, their relationship and wether it was or was not salvagable.

I enjoyed the secondary plot with Josh, his wife and Brad more than the central story. That tyst was more interesting than the main storyline and showed a starke contrast between Josh and Dillard. And to think that Josh simply staked out his house to catch them. What a concept, no hidden cameras or microphones. He did it all first person; and acted directly without the use of a questionniare or some other time consuming, decison avoidance mechanism. Bravo for Josh.

Seriously though, if the next chapter is going to be a predictable formulaic story, then no, do not write a sequel.

lancewmlancewmabout 19 years ago
I think it was great

Please continue the story. This is so well done so far.

Joe_AvgJoe_Avgabout 19 years ago
Story is worth another chapter if the author wants

As I said before, I dont care much. Ive already supplied my ending so its not necessary. On the other hand, nothing is better than when a story can bring up emotions or supply twists I hadnt considered while still remaining plausible. The questionnaire itself was enough of a device in itself to justify the existance of this story imo. I found the story quite depressing & sad, and provoking an emotional response is what most author's are after isnt it?

I agree that we dont need any formulaic revenge but the author hardly seems likely to go in that direction. An emotional final breakup of a marriage & loss of what was a deep love on one party's part, or a (difficult to pull off) reconciliation/happy ending, etc. are well worth reading though, even if the general theme has been done before.

Its very rare that any story I read here covers any new ground. Besides Salamis, you're hardly one to preach about a story's existance only being justified if it's totally unique. "For the Love of Hanna" relies on improbable situations & really dumb and/or emotionally disturbed people to make it different. "Persephone's Dilemma" has no redeeming qualities as far as being unique goes. I'm not saying its a bad story - just that cheating with anther woman instead of a man hardly adds anything new to the genre. "The Prisoner of Glenda" was very good. I dont recall reading anything like it & I did enjoyed it. It was a bit slow moving in spots and we had to wait a fair amount of time for what amounted to a revenge with a twist, but very good despite its flaws.

Im not trying to rip you as an author since you're a better writer than I would even pretend to be. I just dont think the stories you've posted so far give you the right to look down your nose at whatever budd decides to write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Agree with Salamis

I don't think you need to be a writer to have an opinion. But Salamis has shown himself to be quite good. It's not just the story but how it's written and he is good. The Prisoner of Glenda was superb.

On to this one. The questionnaire has no value. He will learn nothing from her answers. They are pro forma. Some questions are also compound and can't be answered yes or no. Then he asked her why without her filling out the questionnaire, though he said he wouldn't talk until she did. Then he gives her 6 months to fill it out. How does that help either of them? It is just a device to make it a little different but the questions would have had to be different for them to have any real value to his decision making. I'm not saying it's a bad story, just that the device didn't serve any real purpose.

SalamisSalamisabout 19 years ago
OK, so now I have to respond

For Joe_Avg: Why the personal attack? I gave an opinion of this story and suddenly I'm "looking down on it" and I think that it should be "totally unique to justify it's existence"? Huh? Where are those words in my critique?

The title of this piece is "The Questionnaire" which leads one to believe that this plot device is significant, when in fact, it is not. The husband constructs the questionnaire as a means of avoiding a direct discussion with his wife. When I read how this device was used, I immediately thought of a scene from a hospital emergency room. I pictured a seriously injured person entering the hospital and being waylaid by a clerk asking them to fill out a form...a questionnaire, prior to receiving treatment. The form in that instance acts as a barrier. The form in this story does exactly the same; importance is attached to it without it's actually being important. So it did not work for me. What did work for me was the contrast between how Josh handled the betrayal vs. Dillard's obfuscation. I would prefer seeing that explored further.

The author may or may not continue this story. That is his or her decision, not mine or any other commentator here. I did not advocate ending the story at this stage. I asked that the next chapter not be formulaic. If you have read more my words then I cannot take responsibility for that.

Joe_AvgJoe_Avgabout 19 years ago
Im sorry if I midread your comment

It seemed that you were saying the story wasnt unique enough to be worth continuing. If thats not how you intended it, then I applogize for the misunderstanding.

I did say that I liked your writing and I didnt rip any of your stories completely (maybe the fertility one to a certain degree - maybe Im wrong about this as well, but I cant understand how a woman's biological urge to procreate could twist her thinking so much). I also said Prisoner was very good. When I say very good, I mean very good. It was different & well written & interesting if it had a few flaws imo.

I dont really think a post that admits you write good stories could be considered a personal attack. Not much of one anyway.

I just didnt think you could dismiss another person's attempts at being creative as unworth the effort unless it covered totally uncharted territory (extremely difficult to do btw). Anyway, since we have established that I misread your intent, its a moot point anyway.

thatawaythatawayabout 19 years ago
Keep on writing

Hey there, write what you want, when you want. I happened to enjoy the story, and the writing.. I am just a reader, not a critic. If it holds my interest enough to read past the initial paragraphs, I will finish, and await further stories from the writer. I happen to have a thing for seeing cheaters pay, and I don't give a crap if it is he or she.....keep up the goodies.....

les_37les_37about 19 years ago
Great Stroy

I think the introduction of the questionnaire was the writers unique way for his character to let his wife know that he knew about the affair. By asking her questions that most people would ask face to face. But written in question form makes her think about it harder.Plus lets her know that until she has answers for him he has nothing to say to her. budd100 Keep up the good work. It will be interesting to find out how it ends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
yes

good story finish it please

EffectEffectabout 19 years ago
A 2nd part is needed.

I wish the main husband in this has gotten some hits in on Brad as well but at least the other guy did. Please write a second part.

Also I have to agree that if a person was as sorry as they say they are when they are caught, then they would never had cheated in the first place. More often then not I have to believe that they are sorry they got caught and realize how much they will lose, not sorry about the pain they cause the other person or realize how much they loved the other person. Since he gave her half the money and a 6 month waiting period I don't see how this marriage can last to be honest.

I was glad to see that he decided to sell the house. That always bothered me about other stories where the husband decides to take action. I'm glad there are stories where the husband isn't weak but is strong but keeping the house and bedroom where the wife cheated has always troubled me when it comes to the husband showing how angry they are and the wife saying how sorry she is. To keep the bed or the room and house didn't make sense since that is a clear constant reminder, especially for the wronged party.

Please continue on with the second part. Either they stay together or he ends it. I don't believe what she is saying is true. Had it been a one time thing or fairly recent that would be something. Yet she was wearing clothes the other guy wanted, changing her hair style, clearly lying. That's to much for her to simply explain away and say she is sorry. There is also the fact that she threw the questionnaire away when she got it. Also as if she didn't believe he was serious which shows that she wasn't really sorry she hurt him but was caught I feel. I don't see how he can take her back, even if the does end it a second part would still be great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
An interesting take

So many infidelity stories fail to capture exactly what is lost or thrown away in an affair. You have done an admirable job bringing them to light in your piece. Please finish it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 19 years ago
Congratulations

You really wrote a nice story..

Congratulations for your super power for bringing the reader to the point of hate to that SOB Brad..Through some exagerated points... By representing him the ultimate and unique fucker...Screwing two women in town..

Anyway the story is a wonder please give us the chance of reading its closing.

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
Funny things happens

This was a fantastic story and was well written. Answering that questionaire and the comment show that in those six months she did some soul searching. When she included the second medical report from the doctor about the STD I can understand her side. When out got drunk gave away soem cunt to a strange in the heat of the night., at least she thought of her health to get that checkup. You also have to give her points for her honesty, because she didn't have to include that into her reply to him. Being without sex for 6 months will try anybody. I loved both stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
At least he is not another wimp husband.

I agree the story is not erotic but I loved it just the same.

Most of all I am delighted to read a cheating wife story where the husband is not jacking off watching his wife get fucked by other men. I believe, those stories are written by queers because straight men are not turned on by other men jacking off and straight men would not get a hard dick if they catch their cheating wife fucking another man.

There are so many of those stories that I believe there must be some genetic connection between being a wimp author and being a queer. Maybe queers get off from writing their fantasies.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
another wimp and look at the questionaire

who write some b/s down on paper after finding out wife fucking around.

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
Read this a while back

but never commented on it. I do not think it is a story that's been done before. The title alone and the signifcance of the questionnaire make it unique. Sure there have been cheating wives stories done up the gazoo! But his IS different and well done. The questionnaire is a stroke of genius. It should be handed out as part of the wedding ceremony, and filled in as needed.

Well written story! Reading the comments I think most commenters go so wrapped up in what they thought the story should be they missed that!

AnonymousAnonymousover 18 years ago
some times we are to clever and sensitive

if you bottle up all the stress that she causes and do nothing about it you have failed.release the stress on her and her lover.you was so in control and that not human.hit the wall with your fiss or something.after finding out you let her control the how thing were going.make you look and act weak.any strong man would take her from the hubby,because that what turn her on.she said it,tell me what to do.she a walking time bomb, waiting for the right guy to open her up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 18 years ago
dillard sounds like somebodies bitch

your wife in your bed fucking another man and been his whore.you come out with a bunch of bullshit questions.think what you're writing.be real writer and write with soul and fire.get mad and throw something.you write like a machine.sound like some wimpass sissyboy.senitive is one thing,but been someone bitch is another thing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 17 years ago
The only thing I liked

The only thing I really liked was the questionnaire. It was real. It showed emotions and sensitivity, it showed heart. But this hero is too passive, the heroine too slutty for me to see a reconciliation. She would again cheat on him with the first dominant man she met.

The only thing I couldn't reconcile is that apart of lovers, they had been friends their whole lives. There's a lot of history and intimacy there-from children to adults. Makes it difficult to betray someone like that and be able to live with it.

I couldn't give it a higher rating because the story had too many mistakes. It needs editing or at least proof reading.

bornagainbornagainalmost 17 years ago
Dump the whore

You should dump her she will never be the woman you knew .but i would like to see the out come of the Test and see if the marriage stays or goes

Pat

waratahwaratahalmost 17 years ago
The questionaire was so vivid

It made the story seem truth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
At least Josh had a pair of balls

He went in and caught the bastard fucking his wife and beat the shit out of him Your Dillard didn't . Was that because he wanted to play little games and submit his little silly questionair to his wife. Bullshit. He just wanted a chance to say yaa yaa yaa yah I loved you and you cheated..Yah yah yah...What kind of fools do you take the readers for. He saw that Brad's car was there and he let the bastard get one more peice of ass fron her. How about when he saw her car...What the fuck was wrong with walking in and there would have been no question or questionaire. I think the you so called writers have your balls all tied up with pink ribbon. USLESS. Don't think the reader is a dumb shit like you are. Marriedwithballs@yahoo.com

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 16 years ago
Well done chapter one

I’ll wait for the next chapter to weigh in on my feelings of this fantasy. You have done a good job of setting up what comes next. Does she find out WHY she is submissive and can she really be happy not being? Is this now going to be a Dom/Sub story? Is it all worth saving with the total disrespect given and the hate and feelings received? It is not a closed story as the writer left us with six months to see how two people find what it is they want now!<P>Thanks for the entertainment<P>

PT

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Ok

It was a good story and as I hope a good lie.. You write terribly near real life it seems to me.. As for ..needing.. to be submissive? There is an extremly low percentage of the population worldwide that are 'born' that way, and those don't marry into 'vanilla' usually or if they do they most probably had a 'dominant' closet partner chosen for that.. So yeah, I would say that her behavior is nothing strange.. she's just another slut.. Get rid of her :) Yoron.

bruce22bruce22almost 16 years ago
Good Story

I had the feeling that you forgot to detail the change in clothing style. It was very realistic, including all the defects of the characters.

Basically I do not understand how he could ever trust her again.

deadsoondeadsoonover 13 years ago
Good story

I notice that you are not writing anymore, so ... thanks for all your stories and the effort you have put into them. I have enjoyed reading them.

saratusaratuabout 13 years ago
Not bad!!

Please keep writing,,,,I'll be waiting.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Why doen't he just beat her to death

That's my plan if my wife ever cheats. So what if I go to jail, I will at least have my vengence and she would never be able to betray again since she would be a rotting corpse.

It amazes me that lw husbands never choose this very clean and effective option,

DWornockDWornockalmost 13 years ago
There are at least two ways she could have reacted.

1. She could have said "Fuck you! I was just waiting to divorce your sorry ass. You just speeded it up." Then stormed out of the house and filed for divorce. You would hate that because that means you could not hurt her and make her pay.

2. She could react as she did and ask you to forgive her. That allows you to hurt her and make her pay.

Her response is the latter; she is hurt, she regreats her actions, and is willing to pay for her actions.

However, you cannot expect a woman to pay for six months. That is totally unreasonable. Before the 6 months is up, she will meet someone or just give up and divorce you.

You can punish her for a week or maybe a month. However, after that you must forgive her or the marriage is over. The choice is yours.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
QUESTIONS ARE O.K.

but do the answers coincide. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
he was way to easy on her and brad

He shouldnt bait her, just divorce her and get on with his life

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Dump the bitch

An affair is not an accident. You do not trip and fall and accidentally impale yourself on some guys cock! Love means that you care about another person. If you love them you do not lie to them over something like sex. Sex is just a physical act. Good sex can be had by anyone who is willing to make the effort. You can have good sex with your spouse if you choose to. If it is not about sex and you are in love with another person - then you need to get a divorce. If it is just for the thrill of breaking the rules - you are fucked up and need to get a divorce because you are a worthless human being and you do not deserve to be married. Make this stupid selfish bitch pay. Give the husband a worthy romantic interest and let this one be a lesson to all the selfish bitches who take their husbands for granted.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333about 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

I liked the storyline. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I don't get it.

What the hell is the point of his fixation on this questionnaire? She clearly read most of it, and everyone knows that checklists like these are absolutely worthless in getting meaningful data like an idea of whether the person reading it actually understands and believes what they are checking off. It's literally THAT easy to go down the checklist and put a mark in front of everything.

It comes across as a seriously pathetic attempt at emotional retaliation. Words, and not words scrawled out on a piece of paper have far more meaning.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
It would be so easy to just end it...

I can understand why writing this story took a toll on you. Just reading was intense enough. I understand the position Dillard took, the questionnaire is a symbol that stands for honesty and forces her to reflect on what your relationship meant. I think you should take the time to write both possible outcome.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 10 years ago
Excellent Start

He caught the cheating cunt. Now will her explanation be good enough to take her back in six months? Will he have some fun on his own while waiting? Will she screw anyone else? I hope ch. 2 answers these questions.

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
***

Burn the Bitch! End of comment. Cheers!

kjohns2001kjohns2001almost 9 years ago
Stupid male characters as husbands

Are there really husbands as stupid as the ones in these waffling whether or not to keep the cheating slut of a bitch stories? Who on earth would ever want a cheating slut as a wife? You would never be able to trust them not to cheat again, and in this day of drug resistant venereal diseases and aids it's like playing Russian roulette with your life if you even kissed a slut like the ones portrayed in this type story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Continue

Continue

dc6370dc6370almost 8 years ago
Keep it going

Where does your mind take the reader?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Names

Who the fuck is Jane?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a badly wriiten piece of crap

Do not understand why you people with absolutely no writing skills or ability continue to publish this dreck. the pace of the story is frenetic and virtually unintelligible. Your lack of talent is quite clear and is highlited by the fact that your questionnaire concept is boringly stupid. Please cease and desist from inflicting any more of this drivel on us

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
more more

yes do more, its good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
only if

The next chapter has him divorcing her. She had to know about other wives he was screwing and just wanted to be a bedpost notch

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
the only reason....

To continue story is if the second part has brad be-nutted, his wife diseased and dying and he has the sexiest redhead in the world profoundly in love with him...and someone hot for josh

The only reason story would take so much out of you is if you are actually living it

timrivtimrivover 6 years ago

Stupid woman even more stupid husband. They derive each other.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 6 years ago
Patient to a

fault.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Why

Why even give her a chance? Get rid of.her and.move.on.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Cliff hanger.

Interesting story, but it's begging for a proper conclusion. Hard to see a reconciliation because she lied so much. But anything is possible in the infinate world of Loving Wives fiction. Still, an entertaining tale. *****

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous