All Comments on 'The 'Researcher''

by kitten1964

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Had you left the initial shots off

I'd probably have given this a five. Instead, you use your story as a vehicle to insult your readers.

I'll point out that YOU are anonymous.

So is the lead character in your story.

So is every commenter on this site.

Nobody uses their "real" names here. Calling it cowardice, when it's a principle even you cannot or will not live up to is pure hypocrisy.

If you want to respond to an anonymous commenter, do so. If what you have to say is so bad that you feel like you have to tell it to them, in secret, to protect yourself in how others see you, then it's probably not worth saying, no?

What we say speaks for itself. If they're ripping into your story in an unwarranted fashion, other readers will see that and judge it for themselves. Putting a "real name" on it doesn't change anything, it just allows you to retaliate in secret.

kitten1964kitten1964almost 11 years agoAuthor
You missed the point

I wanted you to hate the main character. That was the whole point. The character IS a dickhead. Why else does he do what he does? I actually don't feel that way about anonymous comments - I can figure out what is really constructive criticism and what isn't. I have, however, heard others comment negatively on anonymous comments - differentiated by the ones that use pseudonyms in that anonymous commentators usually cannot be contacted at all - and decided to use it to make this character totally un-likeable.

I am sorry the point got lost - that this is a sleazebag who uses writing as an excuse to do what he does; he is possibly one of those people that gets negative feedback because he ISN'T a writer. He's just a rapist who gets off on bragging about his "accomplishments." It's also the first time I've tried to write a character that is completely without any redeeming features at all.

I guess, by the tenor of your comments, I succeeded.

Also, remember - just because a character in a story believes/says something, doesn't mean the author does. They are two different voices. It's easy to get the two confused, but it's a mistake one shouldn't make in reading a text.

FA_JFFA_JFalmost 11 years ago
Success

No misunderstood deep down heart of gold hero/anti-hero here. Stone cold psychopath sadist. Thought I might vomit a few times just reading it... too real. I'll be staring down strangers in the grocery store for weeks. Thanks bunches! :-/

5* for a creep out well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
very disturbing.

You seem to have missed the point of this section. Your story details actual rape, not the fantasy of domination/ reluctance. This isnt erotic, it is disturbing, and it doesnt belong on this website.

kitten1964kitten1964almost 11 years agoAuthor
Definition of non-consensual sex

"Sexual assault can be any form of forced sexual contact. Force can be physical or emotional (threat, intimidation, pressure, coercion). Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse which is initiated by one or more persons against another person without that person's consent." (http://www.virginia.edu/sexualviolence/sexualassault/)

"Department of Defense defines sexual assault as intentional sexual contact, characterized by use of force, physical threat or abuse of authority or when the victim does not or cannot consent. Sexual assault includes rape..." (http://www.gordon.army.mil/acs/SAPR/Definitions.htm)

I'm not here to pretty up the truth for you. And if you want dominance/submission, you really should try the BDSM category.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Why...

...did the character need to dispose of the gun?? No shots were fired, therefore no ballistics to match up. Seemed like a pretty silly element of an otherwise disturbingly real account.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
I liked it

It's a good story. I liked it. Yah rape is a terrible thing and people who do it are sick, but I have a few friends that fantasize about it. To each their own. The story sounds real and that makes it frightening and erotic too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous