All Comments on 'The Sapphic Pirate Miranda Pt. 01'

by JorisKHuysmans

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
StressingAsianStressingAsianover 16 years ago
Maybe it's just not my thing

I was attracted to this story since the author was obviously going for something "different", and on Lit different is often very good (also, I confess a weakness for heavier women *shrugs*). Anyways, I feel like the unique style is both a blessing and a curse. Ye olde journal style sets up some nice humor and certainly moves the story away from the pack, while the premise is certainly a novel spin on some older themes. There was, however, a trade-off for me. While some of the humor was amusing at first, it wore a little thin at places and I think more variety might have been a nice touch (writing good humor, however, is really, REALLY hard and I salute the author for even attempting it, and especially for the degree of success the author had). Also, the very nature of the prose meant that my brain had to work a bit more to process it, which is an obstacle to the eroticism of the story. I was really torn between the 5 and the 4, and I hope I explained with the 4 adequately. Thanks for the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Well done

A really good read. I didn't find the style at all distracting. The problem will be to find the right words to keep the eroticism going while in the persona of a 17th woman. If you haven't read "Fanny Hill Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure" you should do so.

PS The reference to Rugby is anachronistic.

Crew CutCrew Cutover 16 years ago
Loved it

Loved the humour, the theme and the executin. Had me laughing out loud. Can't wait for next installment.

Bridget69Bridget69over 16 years ago
ARRRR!

Loving it so far. Great blend of eroticism and humor. Looking forward to more

ExogenousExogenousover 16 years ago
Great!

What a fun and sexy story. Well written. Looking forward to your next installment.

manpantsmanpantsabout 13 years ago

hahah this is awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
The style's excellent

Believe it or not, you're just about 95% accurate on the style of the old captivity narratives. All you need are a few more Random Capitalizations and archaic Spellings, and it'll be almost indistinguishable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Good fun

If the ensuing chapters are as amusing as this, then the whole story will be damned good fun. I loved the line: "Well, blast me for a parson's virgin bride!". So much better than the modern: "Oh fuck!" Looking forward to reading the rest.

ShyTammyShyTammyover 7 years ago
Dlightful

I love the whimsy of this story. It is delightfully queer!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous