All Comments on 'The Seventh Circle'

by JCPaul

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Ending Confusion

How did Gina kill the Casanova? Was he distracted by his orgasm and then she took the knife and killed him? Also, does help arrive to save Gina in time?

Great story. Really hot but I wished Gina got her fair share of Karma.

JCPaulJCPaulalmost 11 years agoAuthor
End Confusion

Yes, I see where it went astray. I need to delete two words from the paragraph and that will clear up the confusion about where Casanova's hands are. He took them off the blade, put them on her hips and then braced against the door. In the throes of his ecstasy, Gina pulls the knife from her chest and shoves it in his throat.

SecondCircleSecondCirclealmost 11 years ago
The bad with the good

I have to say when I started reading, I was in a bit of paradoxical surprise, as you mention the circles, and the title points to such, and well... my username and all.

Irony aside, I liked the story you told as a whole. I wouldn't say it's frightening or anything, but definitely suspenseful. It kept me hooked and concerned for the characters. Your descriptions sometimes are fantastic, and they really have a poetry about them that makes for an interesting read. You created tension well in every scene, and kept it going.

On the other hand, it lost me several times. The scenes jump from here to there, and in timeline, too. That's not a bad thing, but sometimes it wasn't exactly clear what was going on and I had to reread some stuff. There are a few times where you switched POV in the same section, and made it a bit hard to follow. I liked when he shot the guy, and how you put the reader in his shoes as he approached and was shot and dying, but the switch from what Marcus saw to the dying man's feelings was confusing.

Your writing is really damn good, I just think it needs to be mapped out a little better, if that makes sense. Great job. Looking forward to more from you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous