All Comments on 'The Solitary Arrow Ch. 09'

by mack_the_knife

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
msboy8msboy8almost 19 years ago
Great story, emotionally discriptive

Your storygives pleasure in unexpected ways. You are a very skiled writer. Thanks for sharing your gift.

nightelf1978nightelf1978almost 19 years ago
ignore the haters

I find myself nearly obsessed to find out more of this world that you have created, it is amazing to me really, i check multiple times throughout the day to see if a new chapter has arrived yet or not. not once has your storyline caused me distress, and i feel pulled into the world of Harlen and Hyandai with every chapter i read

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 19 years ago
WOW !

I just had to go back to the begining and read from the first! This is a very complex and sensitive series. Thank you and please don't stop now.

Racer

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_ealmost 10 years ago
Ugh!!!!!

This was a really good story but I'm not too keen on the elf sleeping around on Harlen. Seems like a really poorly way to insert other sex into this story...Just my complaint.

SplitAcesSplitAcesover 9 years ago
I agree with Superfeluously_e

You've been doing a terrific job of fleshing out your characters; and then you pull out this crap about Hyandai's fey (temptations). Wow, she might have to battle with it. So do we all. The reason we like Hyandai's character is that she does fight her baser instincts. She wants love, not lust; and what she gets will be her choice. If not, then she is a puppet on a string, with no life of her own, at least not one worth living.

AdonisXxXAdonisXxXover 8 years ago
*sigh* Hyandai

Okay this fey thing spells nothing but ruin. Do not mar the character man, she is perfect as she is......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Meh.

OK. Let me preface this with the fact that this isn't a critique of the writing or the content. For this sight the writing is still exceptional and the content is acceptable.

I get that she is a fay creature not human. So my problem is almost solely thematic. Commence my complaint and why I dropped this story. For those uninterested in reading my gripe suffice it to say this is a personal take and choice and has little to nothing to do with the skill of the author. Be warned that my complaint is strongly worded and probably a little controversial:

So what, she's a nympho at heart so he's supposed to be okay with her sleeping around!? Is he supposed to father other mens' children because he couldn't be around her every hour of every day and she got horny? How is that cool? How is that okay? I can be really understanding and in reality within proper circumstances I'd probably be willing to swallow a lot more than I'm willing to in my stories but still... First the story presents us with a very gruesome and violent rape, then a gruesome and cruel service paid for by whoring, and now I'm supposed to look forward to the main love interest going around sleeping with other men? But it's OK because she likes them and Harlen wasn't around and she was horny. That last part sounds like a part of a bad argument you might hear in a po'dunk trailer park. If she feels guilty about enjoying, even a little, the crime she was subjected to at the hands of the orcs and call herself an 'orc lover' then why is it completely without guilt that she plans on enjoying a similar act with other partners because the mood struck her while she's in a committed relationship? That's purely racist. I get that rape is bad ,believe me, but wasn't what the orc did purely an act of lust just as she plans on doing. The fact that it would be consensual puts it in a whole other league admittedly but there's still enough similarity that I still find a level of hypocrisy in it.

So to conclude I'm dropping this story because it makes me watch the characters suffer with little repayment for my sympathetic suffering and makes me live in a world that confuses and frustrates me.

That was all more strongly worded than I normally would but I had to vent. I openly admit I'm a sappy fool who adores fidelity so I get that many others might not agree or even like my assessments. I think it's worth mentioning that most stories that I drop aren't good enough to warrant me posting about it. I usually just drop it. I had really gotten into this story, this was just the last straw for me. It's a little like seeing someone you look up to do something you can't accept and you have to reject them as an idol afterwards. Your reactions way stronger than if it had been someone else. I admit I haven't read the rest so maybe the author goes in a different direction with things, in which I'm sorry but I couldn't stand to read any more.

ThelvynerThelvynerabout 7 years ago
Yet one more nail in this garbage's coffin.

More trials and torture with no gain. I'm done. I'm sick of this author and his sick mind. Nothing here at all to make up for all the darkness the author is inflicting on his readers. So I'm not his reader anymore. I choose not to have this filth as entertainment. Nothing good at all in this story except the technical aspect of the writing and that could just be a good editor. Author has nothing of value to offer unless you are fucked in the head too

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The whiner seems an appropiate tag

So you are done whining then?

Good.

The author had been gone for 11 years, and he thus cares as little about your rants and rawings as everybody else.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous